SUI (Rueetschi-Schlegel) Final
SCO (Kennedy) (7)
M: Mexican Mixed Doubles Championship
Vancouver, CAN
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 3 -- Sat, Apr 27 -- 9:00am PT
Quin/Abre 6th
Pere/Cohe  Watch Live Curling!
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 10 of 16 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
01-24-16 01:54PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

so just to summarize every team we know so far:

Scotties field

Prince Edward Island- Suzanne Birt
Northern Ontario - Krista McCarville
Nova Scotia- Jill Brothers
Quebec- Marie-France Larouche

Qualifying

Yukon- Nicole Baldwin
Nunavut - Geneva Chislett

Last edited by misty1 on 01-24-16 at 02:29PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

01-24-16 02:35PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

hanna up early on rachel. scores a 3 in 2nd end

01-24-16 02:52PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

maybe i underestimated hanna. this is shaping up to be a battle. through the first 4 ends team hanna are out curling team homan at every position but 3rd

01-24-16 03:23PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

homan holds a 5-4 lead after 5

01-24-16 03:48PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

great shot by jen to score 1

01-24-16 04:04PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

jen hanna make a c couple good shots to bail her team out of the 7th end. rachel flashes a hit and hanna steals 2!

7-5 for hannah after 7

01-24-16 04:07PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

Anyone know why Rachel's rock was swept so hard? Maybe curlers should go back to the old style. ML might get his wish & see Jenn back at the Scotties!

01-24-16 04:07PM
5thstone is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 5thstone Find more posts by 5thstone Add 5thstone to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
5thstone
Hitting Paint

Yikes! Jenn the Vigilante Hanna is almost smelling victory over the Homan Machine. Team Jones will be cheering for Homan.

01-24-16 04:09PM
5thstone is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 5thstone Find more posts by 5thstone Add 5thstone to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
5thstone
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by curlerbroad
Anyone know why Rachel's rock was swept so hard? Maybe curlers should go back to the old style. ML might get his wish & see Jenn back at the Scotties!

Its the directional sweeping stuff, hoping it will curl. Directional sweeping doesn't always work as you just saw.

01-24-16 04:17PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by 5thstone

Its the directional sweeping stuff, hoping it will curl. Directional sweeping doesn't always work as you just saw.

Yes...and Rachel just came up light...I have to wonder if playing the skins then the continental cup may have tired them out a bit for the Provincials.

01-24-16 04:20PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

holy crap!!

hanna up 10-5 with 2 to go

01-24-16 04:21PM
Sean is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sean Find more posts by Sean Add Sean to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sean
Administrator

Homan choking hard, has no idea what draw weight is anymore in the game.
Game Over with that missed draw, too bad

01-24-16 04:23PM
Sean is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sean Find more posts by Sean Add Sean to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sean
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by misty1
so just to summarize every team we know so far:

Scotties field

Prince Edward Island- Suzanne Birt
Northern Ontario - Krista McCarville
Nova Scotia- Jill Brothers
Quebec- Marie-France Larouche

Qualifying

Yukon- Nicole Baldwin
Nunavut - Geneva Chislett

So happy to see Marie-France back

01-24-16 04:25PM
5thstone
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by ObsessiveCurler
Homan choking hard, has no idea what draw weight is anymore in the game.
Game Over with that missed draw, too bad

Homan and Mike McEwen will likely something in common the way things look. Both kicked butt on the tour but when it came to provincials, they ran out of gas and lose.

01-24-16 04:29PM
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by ObsessiveCurler

So happy to see Marie-France back

ON - Hanna

01-24-16 04:31PM
jamcan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jamcan Click here to Send jamcan a Private Message Find more posts by jamcan Add jamcan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jamcan
Super Rockchucker

Hey, what's that old and true curling adage?

Oh yeah,

"On any given day, any team can beat any other team..."

No offense to Homan, but Jen Hanna just reminded every one that the 'elites' aren't unbeatable and aren't that superior as the media, CCA, WCT and a certain prolific poster want you to believe.

01-24-16 04:54PM
Rock Your World is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rock Your World Click here to Send Rock Your World a Private Message Find more posts by Rock Your World Add Rock Your World to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rock Your World
Swing Artist

The curling gods owed Jenn Hanna big time and paid her back a bit today.. All those posters who automatically gave Homan the title before the tournament even started are eating a massive plate of crow right now

01-24-16 04:57PM
CURLING NUTS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLING NUTS Click here to Send CURLING NUTS a Private Message Visit CURLING NUTS's homepage! Find more posts by CURLING NUTS Add CURLING NUTS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLING NUTS
Swing Artist

Well deserved...simple as that.

01-24-16 04:57PM
Ice Fan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ice Fan Click here to Send Ice Fan a Private Message Find more posts by Ice Fan Add Ice Fan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ice Fan
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by jamcan
Hey, what's that old and true curling adage?

Oh yeah,

"On any given day, any team can beat any other team..."

No offense to Homan, but Jen Hanna just reminded every one that the 'elites' aren't unbeatable and aren't that superior as the media, CCA, WCT and a certain prolific poster want you to believe.

quote:
Originally posted by Rock Your World
The curling gods owed Jenn Hanna big time and paid her back a bit today.. All those posters who automatically gave Homan the title before the tournament even started are eating a massive plate of crow right now

Thank you both for pointing that out. Sick of the media always saying they know Homan is going to get the win. She is not all that and a slice of bread as they would like us to believe.

01-24-16 05:04PM
dugless_zone 13 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dugless_zone 13 Click here to Send dugless_zone 13 a Private Message Find more posts by dugless_zone 13 Add dugless_zone 13 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dugless_zone 13
Drawmaster

Now we wait for the `she lost because they were playing on curling club ice and that is the great equalizer` people to chime in.

01-24-16 05:05PM
Radio-Man is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Radio-Man Click here to Send Radio-Man a Private Message Find more posts by Radio-Man Add Radio-Man to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Radio-Man
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Rock Your World

Yeah, I predicted last week that I thought Homan would finish 7-2 or 6-3 based on recent form and some guy was snarky in responding, throwing up tour earnings and other goodies (as if I didn't know what they had accomplished) I bet the team considers this year a disappointment despite how many tour titles they win. No Scotties = No (potential) World title.

Hanna was the superior team and deserved to win, although I don't expect too much at the Scotties. Hope I'm wrong.

If any team ever feels intimidated by this team, just watch this tape. There are more cracks in the armor then some think. The bloom is definitely off the rose. They can still produce solid results in the future.

"It means that I'm not the Samaritan. That I'm not the priest, or the Levite. That I am the ill intent...who set upon the traveler on a road that he should not have been on."

Last edited by Radio-Man on 01-24-16 at 05:13PM

01-24-16 05:05PM
CURLING NUTS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLING NUTS Click here to Send CURLING NUTS a Private Message Visit CURLING NUTS's homepage! Find more posts by CURLING NUTS Add CURLING NUTS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLING NUTS
Swing Artist

Observation

It was interesting, just an observation. When the heat was on, Homan couldn't get a rock buried around the corner guard in the 9th end (out turn side).
That's just typical of curling club dished ice. On arena ice, that shot likely would have been possible. There's one weapon taken away from Homan. Having said that, she didn't have to waste three shots trying to get around that corner either?

Last edited by CURLING NUTS on 01-24-16 at 05:12PM

01-24-16 05:16PM
Guest is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Guest Click here to Send Guest a Private Message Visit Guest's homepage! Find more posts by Guest Add Guest to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Super Rockchucker

Talking

quote:
Originally posted by dugless_zone 13
Now we wait for the `she lost because they were playing on curling club ice and that is the great equalizer` people to chime in.

And two posts later we hear the first chime ...

01-24-16 05:17PM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Drawmaster

Happy for Jen, but in this instance I say, she did not as much win as HOMAN lost the game. Three major misses at crucial times is not your normal, and that was the difference in the loss.

01-24-16 05:19PM
Radio-Man is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Radio-Man Click here to Send Radio-Man a Private Message Find more posts by Radio-Man Add Radio-Man to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Radio-Man
Swing Artist

I guess we got the answer if this is Homan's "Golden Year'... Uh, NO.

"It means that I'm not the Samaritan. That I'm not the priest, or the Levite. That I am the ill intent...who set upon the traveler on a road that he should not have been on."