SUI (Rueetschi-Schlegel) Final
SCO (Kennedy) (7)
M: Mexican Mixed Doubles Championship
Vancouver, CAN
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 3 -- Sat, Apr 27 -- 9:00am PT
Quin/Abre 9th
Pere/Cohe  Watch Live Curling!
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > 2015 Ford World Men's Curling Championship

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 11 of 13 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
04-04-15 08:54PM
sternwheeler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sternwheeler Click here to Send sternwheeler a Private Message Find more posts by sternwheeler Add sternwheeler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sternwheeler
Swing Artist

right, clearly all the talks with his father Earl

hasn't helped in that respect

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

04-04-15 08:57PM
NSCoach is offline Click Here to See the Profile for NSCoach Click here to Send NSCoach a Private Message Find more posts by NSCoach Add NSCoach to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
NSCoach
Harvey Hacksmasher

M&M secret word is barf

04-04-15 08:57PM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Drawmaster

Unfortunately, the tone for the game was set in the first end when they all made half or non shots. That had nothing to do with who called what. It was just one of those games that all sports teams experience at one time or another. In this instance it was not good timing. Let's hope they regroup and get the bronze tomorrow. Also remember that there are 8 teams that would like to be in their spot.

04-04-15 09:00PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by Ajay
Unfortunately, the tone for the game was set in the first end when they all made half or non shots. That had nothing to do with who called what. It was just one of those games that all sports teams experience at one time or another. In this instance it was not good timing. Let's hope they regroup and get the bronze tomorrow. Also remember that there are 8 teams that would like to be in their spot.

yeah, i agree. you kind of got the sense that this game was going to be a struggle when pat flashed his blank

04-04-15 09:00PM
johnnysmoke is offline Click Here to See the Profile for johnnysmoke Click here to Send johnnysmoke a Private Message Find more posts by johnnysmoke Add johnnysmoke to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
johnnysmoke
Drawmaster

yup, wide open miss on the blank attempt in the first end wasn't exactly a confidence builder.

04-04-15 09:01PM
johnnysmoke is offline Click Here to See the Profile for johnnysmoke Click here to Send johnnysmoke a Private Message Find more posts by johnnysmoke Add johnnysmoke to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
johnnysmoke
Drawmaster

Secret word is...

Crush.... I mean brush.

04-04-15 09:15PM
icetecker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for icetecker Click here to Send icetecker a Private Message Find more posts by icetecker Add icetecker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
icetecker
Knee-Slider

What a meltdown

04-04-15 09:17PM
5thstone is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 5thstone Find more posts by 5thstone Add 5thstone to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
5thstone
Hitting Paint

So who abandons the Team Canada ship after tomorrow? Simmons or Morris? Simmons has the talent to be a great skip as proven this year. He just needs a solid support cast without an armchair 3rd, not 3 fine players. Where does Morris parachute next to? Manitoba?

When this 'Team Canada' is off, its really ugly especially with not playing a whole lot as a team. I don't quite see them winning the Brier next year as great as their run was.

04-04-15 09:18PM
dbsdbs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dbsdbs Click here to Send dbsdbs a Private Message Find more posts by dbsdbs Add dbsdbs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dbsdbs
Drawmaster

Disappointing end to a great story with Pat Simmons and Team Canada. Have to admit that I like pulling for the underdog -- which usually means I am cheering for whomever is playing against Team Canada. But it was so much fun watching Simmons and the boys come back and win the Brier that I was hoping they could do the same at worlds. Alas, not to be, but a great run nonetheless.

04-04-15 09:22PM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Drawmaster

Did anybody watch this week? Canada went 10-1 in the round robin. Pretty damn good record in my books. Factor in their Briar run, they have done very well, and they beat the "supposed" best to get here.

04-04-15 09:32PM
sternwheeler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sternwheeler Click here to Send sternwheeler a Private Message Find more posts by sternwheeler Add sternwheeler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sternwheeler
Swing Artist

curling for Canada is tougher than ....

playing goalie for the maple leafs, we the fans and media are so awfully tough on our fine representatives , EXPECTING gold , or nothing else matters mentality, when we do get out curled by another country , so what?.... wondering if other losing teams get scrutinized as much as our teams do...

04-04-15 09:35PM
Not Happy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Not Happy Click here to Send Not Happy a Private Message Find more posts by Not Happy Add Not Happy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Not Happy
Harvey Hacksmasher

Way to much chatter between the front end carter and John could see this coming last few games

04-04-15 09:43PM
Par89 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Par89 Find more posts by Par89 Add Par89 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Par89
Swing Artist

Sometimes I think some of you have never played a serious competitive game ever.

04-04-15 09:49PM
rick8end is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rick8end Find more posts by rick8end Add rick8end to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rick8end
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by 5thstone
So who abandons the Team Canada ship after tomorrow? Simmons or Morris? Simmons has the talent to be a great skip as proven this year. He just needs a solid support cast without an armchair 3rd, not 3 fine players. Where does Morris parachute next to? Manitoba?

When this 'Team Canada' is off, its really ugly especially with not playing a whole lot as a team. I don't quite see them winning the Brier next year as great as their run was.

It's funny, Johnny M. can be a great advantage with his insight and strategy. I just think he forgot his role in the playoffs and he was in Simmons' ear a way too much and he was giving too much advice to the front end as well. Can John learn from this? Only if he feels that he made a mistake. If he believes that, there's no reason for the team not to stay intact. But there have to be some real in-depth discussions about what happened and what John's role is.

Personally, I could never curl with a guy who was constantly giving me advice that I hadn't asked for - especially when things weren't going well. I don't think John does this with any bad intention. He's just too intense and he's not giving the other rink members enough respect for their abilities and knowledge. He should never stop providing his valuable input; he just has to tone it down IMO.

04-04-15 10:00PM
Par89 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Par89 Find more posts by Par89 Add Par89 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Par89
Swing Artist

Perfect analysis,

04-04-15 10:12PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Stoner
Canada to take out Sweden obv.

Oui, really obv.

04-04-15 10:24PM
Tap Back is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tap Back Click here to Send Tap Back a Private Message Find more posts by Tap Back Add Tap Back to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tap Back
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Par89
Sometimes I think some of you have never played a serious competitive game ever.

My bet is based on some things I read here is that most have definitely not played competitively.

04-05-15 12:20AM
irishrose is offline Click Here to See the Profile for irishrose Click here to Send irishrose a Private Message Find more posts by irishrose Add irishrose to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
irishrose
Harvey Hacksmasher

Well seems I was right after all. When I posted that John Morris and way too much to say and was forgetting he is not the skip most responses were there was nothing wrong with him yapping and yelling at Pat from the hack and making him change his mind etc. Turns out it cost them the game. Pat bailed them out all week but can only do so much.
As Kevin Martin once told John when he tried to change the call he told him "you want that shot you better make it .He missed".He will never change.

04-05-15 01:56AM
Prawnpuller is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Prawnpuller Click here to Send Prawnpuller a Private Message Find more posts by Prawnpuller Add Prawnpuller to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Prawnpuller
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by rick8end

It's funny, Johnny M. can be a great advantage with his insight and strategy. I just think he forgot his role in the playoffs and he was in Simmons' ear a way too much and he was giving too much advice to the front end as well. Can John learn from this? Only if he feels that he made a mistake. If he believes that, there's no reason for the team not to stay intact. But there have to be some real in-depth discussions about what happened and what John's role is.

Personally, I could never curl with a guy who was constantly giving me advice that I hadn't asked for - especially when things weren't going well. I don't think John does this with any bad intention. He's just too intense and he's not giving the other rink members enough respect for their abilities and knowledge. He should never stop providing his valuable input; he just has to tone it down IMO.

Exactly my sentiments. Johnny Mo is a great talent,however his constant yapping at every aspect of the game becomes way to much. I think Pat lost his confidence in this game... It is interesting to note that in the 1st end flash by Pat ..Russ made a comment that this was a straight spot and Pat had to be careful with that ice...We as Canadians have come to expect to win all the time and unfortunately other countries are on par with our best now. Norway and the Swedes are full marks for whoever wins the gold tomorrow..

Two things can happen......One is bad

04-05-15 02:04AM
Stoner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Stoner Click here to Send Stoner a Private Message Find more posts by Stoner Add Stoner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Stoner
Drawmaster

Canada will won the Bronze over Finland obv.

04-05-15 02:57AM
rick8end is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rick8end Find more posts by rick8end Add rick8end to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rick8end
Swing Artist

Last edited by rick8end on 04-05-15 at 03:00AM

04-05-15 03:04AM
rick8end
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Prawnpuller

Exactly my sentiments. Johnny Mo is a great talent,however his constant yapping at every aspect of the game becomes way to much. I think Pat lost his confidence in this game... It is interesting to note that in the 1st end flash by Pat ..Russ made a comment that this was a straight spot and Pat had to be careful with that ice...We as Canadians have come to expect to win all the time and unfortunately other countries are on par with our best now. Norway and the Swedes are full marks for whoever wins the gold tomorrow..

Two things can happen......One is bad

You're right. He lost confidence quite early and almost looked like a deer in the headlights. Johnny Mo should have given him a little time for reflection and should have asked for Simmons' opinions, just to get his head back into the game. Instead he kept telling his skip what was going to happen next. Sometimes you have to know when it is best to step back and let your skip assert himself, if only to get his confidence back.

04-05-15 05:29AM
HotRocks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HotRocks Find more posts by HotRocks Add HotRocks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HotRocks
Drawmaster

John Morris and his Gypsy Father

quote:
Originally posted by irishrose
As Kevin Martin once told John when he tried to change the call he told him "you want that shot you better make it .He missed".He will never change.

Martin was strong enough to handle John Morris..
Pat Simmons is not and eventually was worn down ....
Morris was invited to the Team but luckily Pat Simmons rescued a Briar

where will John and his endless yapping show up next season??

04-05-15 08:01AM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by Stoner
Canada will won the Bronze over Finland obv.

yeah, just like they beat sweden obv.

04-05-15 08:53AM
Claire Marie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Claire Marie Click here to Send Claire Marie a Private Message Find more posts by Claire Marie Add Claire Marie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Claire Marie
Harvey Hacksmasher

I hope someone tells John Morris to just shut up and let Pat call the shots. I'm betting they will lose against Finland too unless.....