CAN (Flemming) Final
USA (Farbelow) (8)
SWE (Wranaa) 11  Final
GER (Kapp) (8)
M: European Curling Championships C-Division
Dumfries, SCO
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: W1 -- Sun, Apr 28 -- 7:00pm GMT

Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > Tours, Events and Major Championships > Playdowns > 2016 Scotties Tournament of Hearts

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 16 of 23 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
02-26-16 03:58PM
Rocketman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rocketman Click here to Send Rocketman a Private Message Find more posts by Rocketman Add Rocketman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rocketman
Knee-Slider

Re: Final standings

quote:
Originally posted by Rocketman
Top 4 and the eventual Champion seem obvious to me...

BC wins relegation.

Jones (CAN) 10-1
Carey (ALTA) 8-3
McCarville (NO) 7-4
Einarson (Man) 7-4
Campbell (SASK) 6-5
Birt (PEI) 6-5
Hanna (ON) 5-6
Brothers (NS) 5-6
Larouche (QUE) 5-6
Thompson (BC) 3-8
Robichaud (NB) 2-9
Curtis (NFLD) 2-9

1/2 Game - Jones over Carey
3/4 Game - McCarville over Einarsson
Semi - McCarville over Carey
Final - Jones over McCarville

My pre tournament round robin predictions were fairly accurate. After watching the round robin unfold, I am not in love with my play-off predictions.

I still think Jones goes 2-0 this weekend.

McCarville seems out of sorts... I now expect her to be playing Einarsson in the meaningless bronze medal game.

Carey seems destined for a runner up finish.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

02-26-16 03:58PM
Phil_D is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Phil_D Click here to Send Phil_D a Private Message Visit Phil_D's homepage! Find more posts by Phil_D Add Phil_D to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Phil_D
Drawmaster

Really pulling for Alberta to put the brakes on a surging Canada tonight. They certainly can, and they do have the hammer and a full day of rest on their side, but will they?

Should be a really good game.

Realistically I think whoever loses tonight will be right back in it on Sunday night for the final. Assuming that's the case, I could see the Bronze game going either way. I still like Alberta to win it all, but right now Canada seems to be in juggernaut mode and when they're like that they're hard to beat to say the least.

Co-host of the NerdCurl podcast & occasional blogger.

http://www.nerdcurl.com

02-26-16 04:28PM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Drawmaster

IN the last number of draws Team Canada has been improving, whereas Alberta has been struggling.

02-26-16 04:29PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

Wow. what in the hell happened to russ howard? did he half tyo walk to the arena, did someone piss in his breakfast?. i was sickened with his commentary this morning. everything new brunswick did was wrong to him. constantly questioning their calls, even though i have lost count of the number of times he has said you need to play the shot you are comfortable with. My favorite was in the 8th end when he actually criticizing new brunswick for trying to score, having the plan to score. yet he has, on multiple occasions been critical of teams wasting the hammer. Even if he payed them a compliment it was double handed. everything was"well, they made a nice shot but..". pretty obvious who he was hoping for because no matter what an end looked like things were always looking good for manitoba.

i mean..it was just awful . as much as a like cheryl i have to say she is way to defensive. mornings like that are why i miss linda because she didnt just sit back and just agree with everything with russ said, she had her own opinion.

the only time i did agree with russ was in 10 , i really feel like sylvie should have gone in on her first.

but i do feel bad for her and new brunswick. she had that game won right up until her last shot in 10.

02-26-16 05:07PM
MBTuck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MBTuck Click here to Send MBTuck a Private Message Find more posts by MBTuck Add MBTuck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MBTuck
Harvey Hacksmasher

Re: Re: Final standings

quote:

My pre tournament round robin predictions were fairly accurate. After watching the round robin unfold, I am not in love with my play-off predictions.

McCarville seems out of sorts... I now expect her to be playing Einarsson in the meaningless bronze medal game.

I saw your pre-tourney prediction last night and was wildly impressed! You essentially nailed everything.

On the flip side Manitoba Legend predicted Jenn Hanna to go 9-2 and thought Team Canada was finished after draw 3

02-26-16 05:15PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

Re: Re: Re: Final standings

quote:
Originally posted by MBTuck

I saw your pre-tourney prediction last night and was wildly impressed! You essentially nailed everything.

On the flip side Manitoba Legend predicted Jenn Hanna to go 9-2 and thought Team Canada was finished after draw 3

You must understand that Jenn Hanna has a special place in the Legend's heart.

I agree I see TC winning on Sunday.

02-26-16 05:18PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

canada will probably win but i'd love to see northern ontario. unfortunately they are that stage where they seem to be running out of gas and i dont think they will win coming from the 3 v.s 4 game

i dont want to see canada win..thats nothing to do with them and more wanting colleen's record to stand alone for most national titles

02-26-16 06:09PM
Rock Your World is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rock Your World Click here to Send Rock Your World a Private Message Find more posts by Rock Your World Add Rock Your World to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rock Your World
Swing Artist

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Final standings

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend

She even had Chelsea Carey on the ropes on the first draw - only to let the ex-Manitoban slither away with an undeserved win.

Your memory at times is really bad.. or you just want to change history because the reality is too painful... Carey led 5-0 after 2 ends and was ahead 7-5 going into the 9th end with hammer... Carey was in full control the whole game why you think Carey slithered away with a win you must be in denial

02-26-16 06:28PM
Rock Your World is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rock Your World Click here to Send Rock Your World a Private Message Find more posts by Rock Your World Add Rock Your World to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rock Your World
Swing Artist

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Final standings

quote:

This Jones team (with Kaitlyn at vice) is much stronger than the JJ team with Cathy O at vice. This might be the first time each one of the curlers finished at #1 in their respective positions.

No its not the 1st time Kaitlyn and Jen have both finished No.1 at there positions in the same year.. It also happened in 2011..2012 and 2013 so it has happened 4 times...

Kaitlyn Lawes has finished 1st place amongst vice skips in all 5 Scotties she has participated in.. Why you act like she is now gotten really good is quite baffling when the reality is she has always been great.. She out curled Kim Schneider in the 2011 STOH final and outcurled Emma Miskew in the 2013 STOH final.. Kaitlyns only hiccups were not curling well in the 2012 STOH semifinal agasint heather Nedohin and struggling badly in I believe it was the 2014 gold medal game at the Olympics.. Think about that ML Kaitlyn has always been 1ST IN SHOOTING PERCENTAGE AT THE STOH FOR VICE SKIPS

02-26-16 06:48PM
Rock Your World
Swing Artist

And I forgot to mention Kaitlyn was 1st in percentage for vice skips at the 2013 canadian Olympic curling trials for RR play and outcurled Joann Rizzo by 12% in the final

And Dawn McEwen was 1st for lead at those trials why did I bother looking that up that was a given

02-26-16 08:15PM
HotRocks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HotRocks Find more posts by HotRocks Add HotRocks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HotRocks
Drawmaster

comparing teams

quote:
- Kaitlyn doesn't get assertive with suggestions cuz she knows what happened to the last 3rd who did.
-The loss to Amber Holland (who was snaking shots thru holes tighter than jam pails) was mainly due to Kaitlyn and JJ fouling up JJ's last rock in the extra.

When it really comes down to it there are no elite teams who havent improved in recent years.. credit the Slams and a much higher level of the game now
Credit due: with Cathy O.( 6 yrs) they went to 6 STOH.. won 4 Gold
with Kaitlyn ( 6 yrs).. 4 STOH..one Gold..
maybe the 3 Gold STOH with CathyO equal one Oly Gold..could be..

In all cases ..Curling Teams are all getting so good..
even with the weakest teams in this STOH there were epic battles

02-26-16 08:58PM
JB42 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JB42 Click here to Send JB42 a Private Message Find more posts by JB42 Add JB42 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JB42
Drawmaster

Already a fan of Chelsea. Now a much bigger fan.

02-26-16 09:01PM
Phil_D is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Phil_D Click here to Send Phil_D a Private Message Visit Phil_D's homepage! Find more posts by Phil_D Add Phil_D to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Phil_D
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by JB42
Already a fan of Chelsea. Now a much bigger fan.

Good start, hopefully they can keep it up.

Co-host of the NerdCurl podcast & occasional blogger.

http://www.nerdcurl.com

02-26-16 09:17PM
NSCoach is offline Click Here to See the Profile for NSCoach Click here to Send NSCoach a Private Message Find more posts by NSCoach Add NSCoach to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
NSCoach
Harvey Hacksmasher

Re: Re: Final standings

quote:

I think you'll find that Brothers was 6-5 rather than 5-6

02-26-16 09:36PM
peteski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for peteski Click here to Send peteski a Private Message Find more posts by peteski Add peteski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
peteski
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by misty1
Wow. what in the hell happened to russ howard? did he half tyo walk to the arena, did someone piss in his breakfast?. i was sickened with his commentary this morning. everything new brunswick did was wrong to him. constantly questioning their calls, even though i have lost count of the number of times he has said you need to play the shot you are comfortable with. My favorite was in the 8th end when he actually criticizing new brunswick for trying to score, having the plan to score. yet he has, on multiple occasions been critical of teams wasting the hammer. Even if he payed them a compliment it was double handed. everything was"well, they made a nice shot but..". pretty obvious who he was hoping for because no matter what an end looked like things were always looking good for manitoba.

I wasn't able to watch the game, but even without watching it is pretty obvious to me he was hoping for a New Brunswick win, because that would have kept Saskatchewan alive. If anything, perhaps that made him more critical of New Brunswick because they were throwing away a game they should have won.

02-26-16 09:42PM
JB42 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JB42 Click here to Send JB42 a Private Message Find more posts by JB42 Add JB42 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JB42
Drawmaster

"Didn't need to sweep it!" From Jen Jones? Seriously.....wow.

02-26-16 09:53PM
JB42
Drawmaster

Kaitlyn is awesome. As Russ said, "One of the best shots you will ever see."

02-26-16 09:59PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

JJ team looking more than a little flustered now. So much for Kaitlyns great shot making.

02-26-16 10:02PM
JB42
Drawmaster

Right.....she really should know better than to have a rock pick.....

02-26-16 10:06PM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Drawmaster

Curling Canada has percentages in the Scores sec

Are individual player shooting percentages available anywhere? I liked it when CZ had it. Thanks

02-26-16 10:18PM
5thstone is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 5thstone Find more posts by 5thstone Add 5thstone to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
5thstone
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by decade
JJ team looking more than a little flustered now. So much for Kaitlyns great shot making.

We know the saying "Keeping up with the Jones's." Well, its now keeping up with Carey's. Chelsea k.i.s.s. plan is working perfectly. Baring a disaster, Jones is a sinking ship.

02-26-16 10:19PM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLER1
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Ajay
Are individual player shooting percentages available anywhere? I liked it when CZ had it. Thanks

http://www.curling.ca/scoreboard/#!/competitions/1930/reports/scoring_and_percentages

2016 Scotties
Reports
Scoring and percentages

02-26-16 10:19PM
JB42
Drawmaster

Come to it and you win the game now.

02-26-16 10:21PM
JB42
Drawmaster

Run the red for a triple for two?

02-26-16 10:29PM
maybo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for maybo Visit maybo's homepage! Find more posts by maybo Add maybo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
maybo
Hitting Paint

Thanks for the updates, everyone. Trying to follow along this morning from Thailand and this appears to be the only way to do it. Can't get live streaming outside Canada...