SUI (Rueetschi-Schlegel) Final
SCO (Kennedy) (7)
M: Mexican Mixed Doubles Championship
Vancouver, CAN
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 2 -- Fri, Apr 26 -- 6:00pm PT
Serr/Tomp Final
Quin/Abre (7) Watch Live Curling!
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > Tours, Events and Major Championships > Playdowns > 2016 Scotties Tournament of Hearts

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 10 of 23 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
02-23-16 07:42PM
ngm is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ngm Click here to Send ngm a Private Message Find more posts by ngm Add ngm to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ngm
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by FollowingAlong

Thanks Gerry. Although not a huge difference, I'm a little surprised that there's a slight edge to scoring 1 in the first end versus getting one in the second end after a blank.

It doesn't necessarily say that in the DSC (draw shot challenge) for hammer era in which we now find ourself.

It is plausible that a better team is more likely to have hammer, which could explain some of the apparent advantage of starting with hammer, whatever you happen to do with it.

This kind of analysis is more than just calculating a few proportions, which frankly is the current state of curling "analytics" as far as I can tell. I don't have the data to give a better answer and I'm not inclined to scrape it all together.

But I'd do it for free if someone wanted to give me access to the data!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

02-23-16 07:54PM
Gerry is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Gerry Click here to Send Gerry a Private Message Visit Gerry's homepage! Find more posts by Gerry Add Gerry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gerry
CZ Founder

quote:
Originally posted by misty1
very important quebec got the 2 wins today especially given who they play tomorrow

saskatchewan v.s canada should be a great game. what a shame no one wil be able to watch it because of TSn only broadcasting on one channel tonight and making the feature game ontario v.s alberta.

im very pissed off right now. what moron decided that it would be a better idea to replay a champions league round of 16 instead of showing a game here that mattered and was live and involved the defending champions

Toronto Maple Leafs hockey game on TSN tonight seems to be the reason for only 1 game.

Please click on our sponsors' banners periodically, as visiting their sites helps keep CurlingZone.com Free!

02-23-16 07:56PM
Gerry is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Gerry Click here to Send Gerry a Private Message Visit Gerry's homepage! Find more posts by Gerry Add Gerry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gerry
CZ Founder

Re: Attendance

quote:
Originally posted by Frozencanuck
First 6 draws averaged just over 1500/draw says the Sun report. 1500! My grandkids soccer games draw better. Yes, everybody stays home to watch on TV, but that is only because it is hard to get their walkers through the snow! Curling has a huge demographic problem. It doesn't help that this is probably the weakest field ever

Attendance is awful, especially for a place where they really know curling. I believe a bigger issue though is the economy in Alberta and it will certainly limit the number of people willing to make the trip to the Scotties.

I don't think it has anything to do with the field, or even the fact they had the Canada Cup there, just an unknown they couldn't have really predicted.

We've hosted several Slams in Grande Prairie and had strong crowds for those events, some of the better ones we've seen. But we were also there in the height of the oil boom.

Please click on our sponsors' banners periodically, as visiting their sites helps keep CurlingZone.com Free!

02-23-16 07:58PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

quote:
very important quebec got the 2 wins today especially given who they play tomorrow

saskatchewan v.s canada should be a great game. what a shame no one wil be able to watch it because of TSn only broadcasting on one channel tonight and making the feature game ontario v.s alberta.

im very pissed off right now. what moron decided that it would be a better idea to replay a champions league round of 16 instead of showing a game here that mattered and was live and involved the defending champions

Doesn't break my heart that S vs C isn't on tv. seen enough of them for a lifetime.
Go Alberta!!!

02-23-16 07:59PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by Gerry

Toronto Maple Leafs hockey game on TSN tonight seems to be the reason for only 1 game.

its just very frustrating. i would have loved to see that game and im sure a lot of people would.maybe they could make that channel available to everyone for the night

02-23-16 08:12PM
Qtownranger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Qtownranger Find more posts by Qtownranger Add Qtownranger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Qtownranger
Harvey Hacksmasher

Tuesday night

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by misty1

saskatchewan v.s canada should be a great game. what a shame no one wil be able to watch it because of TSn only broadcasting on one channel tonight and making the feature game Ontario vs Alberta.

Maybe we'll see the last half of Sask - Can when Alberta walks away from Ontario.

02-23-16 08:17PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend

I definitely feel your pain misty. But we know these things happen with TSN mid-week when they still have some regional hockey games left to broadcast (most of their games have been transferred to Sportsnet)
This would have been Jones last round-robin game against a quality opponent - would have liked to see JJ working her crazy offense vs. Cambell's variety arsenal.
I think after so many years in the wilderness Jolene Campbell is the chosen one to rescue Sask'n's awful post-Schmirler curling program. She's definitely looser than Stef Lawton and appears to be making more shots.
If Jones somehow manages to subdue her - I think that puts JJ on top of the world.
But it would have been a nice game to view.
Hopefully Jenn Hanna will inflict Alberta's first loss tonite. Won't be seeing that one either as we only get TSN 3 in my cable pack.
Jenn Hanna has a nasty habit of slaying monsters! And so far in Grande Prairie the hometown monster is really tough!

i suppose i shouldnt be surprised but it really infuriates me that they are choosing to broadcast a repeat of a soccer game they showed only a few hours ago over the defending national champion in what is supposedly canada's 2nd national sport.

i would still be mad if they were putting hockey on that channel over curling but not as mad as i am about this.

i have disagree with your comment that saskatchewan is the last quality team they will play. quebec, nova scotia and maybe ontario could all knock them off.

Last edited by misty1 on 02-23-16 at 08:20PM

02-23-16 08:37PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

quote:

i suppose i shouldnt be surprised but it really infuriates me that they are choosing to broadcast a repeat of a soccer game they showed only a few hours ago over the defending national champion in what is supposedly canada's 2nd national sport.

i would still be mad if they were putting hockey on that channel over curling but not as mad as i am about this.

i have disagree with your comment that saskatchewan is the last quality team they will play. quebec, nova scotia and maybe ontario could all knock them off.

More kids play soccer (really should call it football) than curl.

02-23-16 08:43PM
Stoner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Stoner Click here to Send Stoner a Private Message Find more posts by Stoner Add Stoner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Stoner
Drawmaster

quote:

Manitoba too.

02-23-16 08:59PM
Stoner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Stoner Click here to Send Stoner a Private Message Find more posts by Stoner Add Stoner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Stoner
Drawmaster

quote:

Yes, Manitoba is technically capable of knocking off Jones, too! but einarson hasn't really shown me enough difficult shot completions to rate her a top gun. Her team is gradually trying to take over the skipping as Kerri drifts into doubt.

Say what you will, but they are the #3 ranked team here, so I wouldn't count them out, I'm not saying they will, but if one was to pick a team they would be a good bet.

I've seen Carey have hot starts before, but if she loses just 1 game can fall apart quite easily, very mentally fragile that one, perhaps buoyed by playing at "home" (in quotes because she's on her 3rd province).

02-23-16 09:00PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by decade

More kids play soccer (really should call it football) than curl.

true but this could be a crucial game for jen tonight and, again we are talking about a re-play here. it makes little sense to air it over a jenniffer jones match especially when she has gotten a shockingly small amount of coverage so far.

02-23-16 09:02PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by Stoner

Manitoba too.

yes,manitoba too,thank you.

02-23-16 09:12PM
Frozencanuck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Frozencanuck Click here to Send Frozencanuck a Private Message Find more posts by Frozencanuck Add Frozencanuck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Frozencanuck
Harvey Hacksmasher

Very valid point about the economy. Doesn't help that ticket prices are out of line with the drawings gn power of the event

02-23-16 09:18PM
Stoner
Drawmaster

quote:

ML trivia question - and I'll ask it before curlingbroad asks it - What was the 2nd province Carey played for?

Manitoba.

02-23-16 09:21PM
Stoner
Drawmaster

My personal pick to win would be Manitoba, I'm also fine with Quebec, PEI or Sask.

02-23-16 09:29PM
Stoner
Drawmaster

So who is going to lose, I said NB and NFLD before, I figured BC would have enough to stay up this time, but maybe they don't, so which of the 3 will it be?

02-23-16 09:31PM
Rock Your World is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rock Your World Click here to Send Rock Your World a Private Message Find more posts by Rock Your World Add Rock Your World to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rock Your World
Swing Artist

quote:

I think after so many years in the wilderness Jolene Campbell is the chosen one to rescue Sask'n's awful post-Schmirler curling program.

That statement of yours is completely wrong..Jolene Campbell needs to win the scotties or make the semifinals for it to be semi right

Last edited by Rock Your World on 02-23-16 at 09:42PM

02-23-16 09:43PM
Stoner
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by Rock Your World

That statement of yours is completely wrong..Jolene Campbell needs to win the scotties or make the semifinals for it to be semi right

Yep, Lawton is still the best team no doubt. Heck, there are 4 teams ranked ahead of Campbell.

Last edited by Stoner on 02-23-16 at 09:45PM

02-23-16 10:07PM
Stoner
Drawmaster

Carey's in trouble after 5, Hanna stole 2 to go up 5-1.

Jones is up 5-3 after 5.

Birt is up 3-2 after 5.

Manitoba is up 5-2 after 5.

02-23-16 10:24PM
Rock Your World is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rock Your World Click here to Send Rock Your World a Private Message Find more posts by Rock Your World Add Rock Your World to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rock Your World
Swing Artist

I love Chelsea Careys rapid fire machine gun "hard..hard...hard..hard..hard..hard..hard..hard"

02-23-16 10:30PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

ranking-shtanking

quote:
Originally posted by Stoner

Yep, Lawton is still the best team no doubt. Heck, there are 4 teams ranked ahead of Campbell.

Who won?

Who cares what the ranking based on purchased points on tour is? Who was the best team that day to win their province? If the so-called higher ranked teams can't perform when they have to, too bad. The end.

02-23-16 10:38PM
Stoner
Drawmaster

Jones is way up now, 10-3 after 7.

02-23-16 10:44PM
Rock Your World
Swing Artist

ML your sense of timing is awesome... Several hours after you claimed Jolene Campbell is the saviour for Saskatchewan womens curling she is getting waxed by your queen lol

02-23-16 10:46PM
Rock Your World
Swing Artist

Re: ranking-shtanking

quote:
Originally posted by IN-OFF-FOR-2

Who won?

Who cares what the ranking based on purchased points on tour is? Who was the best team that day to win their province? If the so-called higher ranked teams can't perform when they have to, too bad. The end.

In order for Jolene Campbell to be the anointed saviour for Saskatchewans womens curling she has to win a Scotties like Amber Holland did or at least get to a semifinals like Stephanie Lawton did.. Or make the 2017 Roar of the Rings trials like Holland and Lawton have done in the past

02-23-16 11:01PM
dbsdbs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dbsdbs Click here to Send dbsdbs a Private Message Find more posts by dbsdbs Add dbsdbs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dbsdbs
Drawmaster

Ontario v Alberta is interesting game but a lesson by Ontario in how NOT to skip a game. Hanna keeps trying to give it back to Alberta with her shot calling. wow!