Cihl/Mace Final
Yang/Tian 10  (6)
: NWTCA Mixed
Yellowknife, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 4 -- Sun, Mar 17 -- 10:00am MT
Delorey Final
Koe (5)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > 2019 Women's Worlds- Silkeborg

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 2 of 6 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
03-18-19 01:27PM
maybo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for maybo Visit maybo's homepage! Find more posts by maybo Add maybo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
maybo
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by misty1
On a side note I find it disgusting the vitriol and some of the comments this team and Chelsea in particular are getting online

Agreed. Admittedly, I’m a fan, but I believe Chelsea is a first-class person and great ambassador for both curling and Canada.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

03-18-19 04:26PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

Chelsey has every right to look annoyed with the way the others are curling. Looks like coach Dan and CC hanger on Elaine should haul them out for a practice. Less giggling more shot making.

03-18-19 05:00PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

From what I've seen it's the whole team struggling, especially carey with draw weight. Last game she came up 10-15 feet short 3 times and threw takeout weight with an open draw for 2. They are barely squeaking by teams that they should be annihilating and shaking after 6. What happens when they play the better teams. they better snap out of it.

Come on!! Go Canada Go.

03-18-19 06:37PM
nelsosi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelsosi Click here to Send nelsosi a Private Message Find more posts by nelsosi Add nelsosi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelsosi
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by curlerbroad
Chelsey has every right to look annoyed with the way the others are curling.
Chelsea isn't playing particularly well either. The whole team is having trouble.

They were fortunate today that Finland played even more poorly than they did.

03-19-19 11:30AM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

scotland has come alive in these last couple ends and suddenly canada in trouble. sophie jackson herself has played really well in the back half of this game.

amde some beautiful draws to put canada under pressure and exposed chelsea's still non existant draw weight.

id be really concerned if i were chelsea, that, by my 6th game i still hadnt figured out draw weight consistently

Last edited by misty1 on 03-19-19 at 11:33AM

03-19-19 11:46AM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

chelsea has had every opportunity to win this game. chance for 4 in 7 missed. had the draw for the win just now and missed.

if she loses this one it's going to be hard to recover. and 3 losses with the stronger teams to come isnt a good position to be in

03-19-19 12:05PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

and now the loss to scotland.

they go into this stretch now:

united states
china
switzerland
russia
sweden
denmark

you'd think they need to go at least 4-2 in that stretch but with their form it's entirely possible they go something like 2-4

03-19-19 01:40PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

I predict no future in playoffs for Canada. Hope I’m wrong. That would be like Manitoba idiot in 90% of his posts.

03-19-19 04:26PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by guido
I predict no future in playoffs for Canada. Hope I’m wrong. That would be like Manitoba idiot in 90% of his posts.

You’re not...Canada lost big time to the USA...sounds like we’d better start sending our teams to more international bonspiel again. Very few Canadian teams competed overseas this year.

I predict no podium finish this year for Canada.

03-19-19 04:57PM
jamcan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jamcan Click here to Send jamcan a Private Message Find more posts by jamcan Add jamcan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jamcan
Super Rockchucker

Hey folks, don't forget to play the Manitoba Legend Drinking Game! Rules are on the CZ question thread.

The game will help you tolerate the torrent of posts from ML!

03-19-19 05:18PM
FollowingAlong is offline Click Here to See the Profile for FollowingAlong Click here to Send FollowingAlong a Private Message Find more posts by FollowingAlong Add FollowingAlong to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FollowingAlong
Swing Artist

No shock

There is no real surprise with this current version of Team Canada. The only surprise would be how they managed to beat Homan in the Scotties final.

There is not one single world class player in the entire team's lineup. That coupled with Carey's indecision, poor team sweeping, poor team strategy, and poor execution have put the team in a near must win out scenario just to make playoffs, and they still have some good opponents to play.

At this point, I think making playoffs would be a surprise, let alone having a podium finish.

03-19-19 05:48PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

its not over yet.

its important fans dont abandon them either. if your a true canadian fan you stick with them even when they struggle. in fact you should support them more now because they really need it

instead of coming on here and finding different ways of tearing them down whether it be full out by declaring them to be not top level curlers or the way legend does and post unfortunate pieces of trivia.

i still believe they can turn this around. i also believe one good win can kick start them. first or second is out the door now but i still believe they can get a top 6.

6-6 might not look great but its just the getting there they need to do. china and sweden look good but i dont believe anyone else is out of their reach and im not saying a win over either one is out of the question entirely

03-19-19 05:48PM
nelsosi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelsosi Click here to Send nelsosi a Private Message Find more posts by nelsosi Add nelsosi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelsosi
Swing Artist

Top 6 make the playoffs here, so it's not all doom and gloom yet. But there's no way to sugar coat it - they are playing really poorly right now. Even their 3 wins were mostly a result of a weak opponent playing even worse. They could turn things around, but the tough opponents are still to come, so they'll need to earn it now.

03-19-19 06:26PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

Jamie Sinclair May be Canada’s best women’s curler.

03-19-19 07:32PM
MeaghanEdwards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MeaghanEdwards Find more posts by MeaghanEdwards Add MeaghanEdwards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MeaghanEdwards
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by misty1
its not over yet.

its important fans dont abandon them either. if your a true canadian fan you stick with them even when they struggle. in fact you should support them more now because they really need it

instead of coming on here and finding different ways of tearing them down whether it be full out by declaring them to be not top level curlers or the way legend does and post unfortunate pieces of trivia.

i still believe they can turn this around. i also believe one good win can kick start them. first or second is out the door now but i still believe they can get a top 6.

6-6 might not look great but its just the getting there they need to do. china and sweden look good but i dont believe anyone else is out of their reach and im not saying a win over either one is out of the question entirely

Agreed -- I'm sticking right with Team Chelsea no matter the outcome. Some people forget that this team has only been together as a complete unit since December, so to get to this event, going through the Scotties, is a feat in itself.

Very nice heartfelt post by Team Casey:

https://twitter.com/TeamCareyCurl/s...112915201175552

03-19-19 08:17PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

They have a tough road ahead. need to get on a roll like Sydney. 7-5 should get them a playoff spot, outside chance 6-6 with a good draw the button score, no tie breakers.
With the changing tricky ice, put the stop watches in the garbage and just read the speed of the rocks.

03-19-19 09:03PM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Drawmaster

What has struck me more in this spiel than any before, is that Russ and Vic, who talk and explain non- stop, have used the word "rocks" or "ice" in almost every sentence and I have concluded that throwing , sweeping and line calls have a lot less impact on the outcome than I would of thought. Hence , the curlers cannot be faulted or lauded on the outcomes, since bad/changing ice and unmatched/sanded rocks are responsible for most shots not ending up in right locations.

03-19-19 09:17PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Ajay
What has struck me more in this spiel than any before, is that Russ and Vic, who talk and explain non- stop, have used the word "rocks" or "ice" in almost every sentence and I have concluded that throwing , sweeping and line calls have a lot less impact on the outcome than I would of thought. Hence , the curlers cannot be faulted or lauded on the outcomes, since bad/changing ice and unmatched/sanded rocks are responsible for most shots not ending up in right locations.

Also, when it started Russ said the last time these stones were used was at the mixed doubles at the Olympics and the ice maker DID NOT sand, resurface, retouch etc etc etc the rocks. Every major event they usually re-sand the rocks at the beginning, sometimes even twice half way through. However today, I noticed 5 times as many rocks crashed on guards than the previous days. Did they sand the rocks and not tell anyone? Did they sand them and tell the teams and they didn't adapt? Either way, same for all the teams but Canada still confused half way through.

03-19-19 09:31PM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLER1
Super Rockchucker

maybe they need to put Jill in for a couple of games.

03-19-19 09:49PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by CURLER1
maybe they need to put Jill in for a couple of games.

OR, have Jill give them the truth pep talk. You're better than 90% of teams here, start playing like it. Not Sure if daddy coach is working. Sometimes you need to hear the truth. The rest of her team are afraid to speak their minds, poor Sarah walking on egg shells giving suggestions, even on her own shots. You can see and hear it on the ice. Chelsea has to take the input, you're not always right, as proven so far.

03-19-19 10:00PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

Sorry, I'm doing my best to try and stay positive, but it's getting more difficult. If you're having trouble with weight, as proven so far, try a different tactic, play a hitting game. The old saying the definition of insane is doing the same thing over and over and over expecting a different result!

Mix it up, Do the unexpected.

03-19-19 10:21PM
Deliverer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deliverer Click here to Send Deliverer a Private Message Find more posts by Deliverer Add Deliverer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deliverer
Swing Artist

quote:

What do you mean Maybe the best? No, she's Absolutely the best and she has the track record to prove it.

2018 - 2019 Season

Finished last in the "A" pool at the World Cup.

Failed to reach the Playoffs in the Elite 10.

Failed to reach the Playoffs in the Masters.

Failed to reach the Playoffs in the Tour Challenge.

Failed to reach the Playoffs in the National.

Currently ranked 28th on the WCT. Winnings of $19,000.

Not too shabby, eh?

03-19-19 10:29PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

quote:

Once she has declared her nationality, my question is can she ever switch back? Similar to Brett Hull denouncing his birth place of Canada to play for USA when he was shunned from team Canada back in the day. Once you "announce" your nationality at a worlds or international or Olympics, that's your country, similar to the old days of wheel of of fortune, once you buy a prize, it's yours to keep.......google it for the younger folks.

03-20-19 12:47AM
guido
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Deliverer

What do you mean Maybe the best? No, she's Absolutely the best and she has the track record to prove it.

2018 - 2019 Season

Finished last in the "A" pool at the World Cup.

Failed to reach the Playoffs in the Elite 10.

Failed to reach the Playoffs in the Masters.

Failed to reach the Playoffs in the Tour Challenge.

Failed to reach the Playoffs in the National.

Currently ranked 28th on the WCT. Winnings of $19,000.

Not too shabby, eh?

Do you realize that one curler doesn’t make a good team. Could you imagine if she had any of the top teams frontvends and thirds with her. She has been carrying USA on her back every game. Great shot maker.

03-20-19 12:49AM
guido
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by IN-OFF-FOR-2

Once she has declared her nationality, my question is can she ever switch back? Similar to Brett Hull denouncing his birth place of Canada to play for USA when he was shunned from team Canada back in the day. Once you "announce" your nationality at a worlds or international or Olympics, that's your country, similar to the old days of wheel of of fortune, once you buy a prize, it's yours to keep.......google it for the younger folks.

I believe Its a 3 year wait to play as a Canadian.