Johnson Final
Holme (8)
M: Mexican Mixed Doubles Championship
Vancouver, CAN
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 2 -- Fri, Apr 26 -- 6:00pm PT
Serr/Tomp Final
Quin/Abre (7) Watch Live Curling!
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 16 of 30 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
03-05-15 03:59PM
mcgregorm89 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mcgregorm89 Click here to Send mcgregorm89 a Private Message Find more posts by mcgregorm89 Add mcgregorm89 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mcgregorm89
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Stoner

That's a poor argument, because you see in tennis and I'm pretty sure other sports, they have qualifying too, it's not necessarily an advantage, as it's a weaker team/player who get's in, in tennis the qualifiers often don't do that well, even though they supposedly have an advantage by playing on the courts before other guys.

when was the last time you've seen a tennis ball pick on a bad section of court. Curling is all about the ability to read your rocks and ice. Depending on your teams skill level the more games you play the better you should be at knowing the ice. Playing 4 extra games won't hurt anyone, look at NO in the Scotties, didn't hurt them. This is top level curling with actually athletes, 3 games won't kill them.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

03-05-15 04:39PM
Stoner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Stoner Click here to Send Stoner a Private Message Find more posts by Stoner Add Stoner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Stoner
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by misty1

im with you. first brier or not i thought theyd do better than this

Probably because you've overrated them for awhile now, now they've been to the big time to really show what they have, it's not much.

Last edited by Stoner on 03-05-15 at 04:47PM

03-05-15 04:41PM
lixit74 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lixit74 Click here to Send lixit74 a Private Message Find more posts by lixit74 Add lixit74 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lixit74
Harvey Hacksmasher

There are some pretty big games coming up for sure.

On right now:
SASK - ALBT - Both teams need this win big time to stay in the hunt. Laycock still plays Cotter (currently @ 5 losses...). Koe still has Carutthers to deal with after this one.

Tonight's draw, has the current top 4 teams with 10 games in playing each other...
N.ONT - CAN - Jacobs needs to win to lock 1st place in RR for the important last rock in the 1-2 game. Morris needs to win to lock a chance in the 3-4 game @ 8-3. His loss to NL and SASK eliminate him from 2nd place.

NL - QUE - Gushe needs win to lock 2nd (maybe 1st if Jacobs loses) - Menard needs a win to stay @ 4 losses and kill most of the potential tiebreakers.

SASK - BC - another potentially huge game depending on earlier outcomes...

MAN - still @ 4-4. If they can pull out some magic & get some luck they're not out of the running yet...

All in all, looks like the remaining draws will be VERY interesting.

03-05-15 04:44PM
Stoner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Stoner Click here to Send Stoner a Private Message Find more posts by Stoner Add Stoner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Stoner
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by mcgregorm89

when was the last time you've seen a tennis ball pick on a bad section of court. Curling is all about the ability to read your rocks and ice. Depending on your teams skill level the more games you play the better you should be at knowing the ice. Playing 4 extra games won't hurt anyone, look at NO in the Scotties, didn't hurt them. This is top level curling with actually athletes, 3 games won't kill them.

Once again, a very poor comparison, just because the sports are different doesn't mean that there is any more or less advantage being a qualifier.

03-05-15 04:54PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:

Probably because you've overrated them for awhile now, now they've been to the big time to really show what they have, it's not much.

no i havent. if they get back they will learn from this and show themselves better.

03-05-15 04:58PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:

Once again, a very poor comparison, just because the sports are different doesn't mean that there is any more or less advantage being a qualifier.

one could argue either way but maybe more so in it being a disadvantage. even a few more games can be huge and the qualifiers here go on a rollercoaster of emotions in a very short period of time so its no surprise that both have started slow.

tracy also said how tired she was by the middle of the week or so and you could see it at the end

3 extra games might not seem like much but it makes a big difference

and as far as tennis goes qualifier doesnt always mean a weaker player getting in

Last edited by misty1 on 03-05-15 at 05:01PM

03-05-15 05:01PM
Par is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Par Click here to Send Par a Private Message Find more posts by Par Add Par to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Par
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by CaptMorgan

And your argument is NS was barred from the Brier.
They werent. They had a chance to beat PEI. They sucked.
Maybe next time they will practice harder and win and perhaps even do well at the Brier.

So lets hear some more of your whining.

Wrong again, "Captain".

My argument has nothing to do with Nova Scotia. And I am not whining.

I am simply pointing out that there were ways in which this "problem" could have been "solved" without showing so much disrespect to some of the players -- and therefore to the game itself.

I am also pointing out that the people who disagree with me about this have nothing to offer other than BS and insults.

Last edited by Par on 03-05-15 at 05:18PM

03-05-15 05:01PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

quote:

no i havent. if they get back they will learn from this and show themselves better.

I think this will be the only brier this team in it's present form will be at. Camm will be skipping a team very soon.

03-05-15 05:05PM
Stoner
Drawmaster

quote:

Yeah, they might get 1 more win than this time. Face it, they aren't as good as you keep saying, Epping as it stands now, is a better entry.

03-05-15 05:17PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:

Yeah, they might get 1 more win than this time. Face it, they aren't as good as you keep saying, Epping as it stands now, is a better entry.

thay are a far better entry then you seem to think. its very narrow minded to judge a team off one performance or one year

03-05-15 05:18PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

"You laughing Steve? You think that's funny?"

Was that Ben?

03-05-15 05:24PM
Stoner
Drawmaster

quote:

thay are a far better entry then you seem to think. its very narrow minded to judge a team off one performance or one year

Ok, here is the fact, you said they would do better this time, and they did not, now you are saying they will do better next time, then when they don't you will keep saying it, so it doesn't matter what you say, it won't make any difference. Anyhow like I said, they aren't likely to make it again anyhow, so next year when they don't make it you will still say they are good when they aren't.

03-05-15 05:29PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

quote:

Not narrow-minded, just reality. By your arguments, when can we expect jamie koe to do better?

03-05-15 05:33PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by decade

Not narrow-minded, just reality. By your arguments, when can we expect jamie koe to do better?

if judging a teams potential can be done in one year then i dont want to be in your version of reality

jamie should be back at the brier next year. he owns the northern teams and there is no one in nova scotia i dont think he cant beat

03-05-15 05:34PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:

Ok, here is the fact, you said they would do better this time, and they did not, now you are saying they will do better next time, then when they don't you will keep saying it, so it doesn't matter what you say, it won't make any difference. Anyhow like I said, they aren't likely to make it again anyhow, so next year when they don't make it you will still say they are good when they aren't.

even if they dont get back next hear it doesnt mean they are t a good team.they are the 20th ranked team on the order of merit, thats no fluke

Last edited by misty1 on 03-05-15 at 05:45PM

03-05-15 05:51PM
Stoner
Drawmaster

quote:

even if they dont get back next hear it doesnt mean they are t a good team.they are the 20th ranked team on the order of merit, thats no fluke

Just proved my point again. Out of the tour teams who are here they are the worst, Epping is 10th, they likely would have done better.

03-05-15 06:00PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:

Just proved my point again. Out of the tour teams who are here they are the worst, Epping is 10th, they likely would have done better.

i am so not. your claim is that they arent a very good team to begin with but you dont get to be ranked 20th in the world without being a very good team.

they have a bright future whether you believe it or not and most on here and i the curling world would agree with me.

anyone with an ounce of sense knows you cant write one team off because of 1 bad event or 1 year

Last edited by misty1 on 03-05-15 at 06:05PM

03-05-15 06:08PM
Stoner
Drawmaster

quote:

i am so not. your claim is that they arent a very good team to begin with but you dont get to be ranked 20th in the world without being a very good team.

they have a bright future whether you believe it or not and most on here and i the curling world would agree with me.

anyone with an ounce of sense knows you cant judge potential off 1 year and 1 brier

20th is also pretty far down the ranking, they certainly aren't good enough to challenge the very best, besides the ranking is skewed as not that many teams play the tour, and the ones that do are top 20, if you know anything you know that, so if you are playing the tour regularly and are in 20th, it means you aren't that good.

I agree there may be potential, I never said their wasn't, all I'm saying is they aren't that good right now, but you do say that. It is pretty well known that they aren't as physically fit as other teams, mostly because they are young and so aren't that good at brushing yet, once that improves they should be better.

03-05-15 06:27PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:

20th is also pretty far down the ranking, they certainly aren't good enough to challenge the very best, besides the ranking is skewed as not that many teams play the tour, and the ones that do are top 20, if you know anything you know that, so if you are playing the tour regularly and are in 20th, it means you aren't that good.

I agree there may be potential, I never said their wasn't, all I'm saying is they aren't that good right now, but you do say that. It is pretty well known that they aren't as physically fit as other teams, mostly because they are young and so aren't that good at brushing yet, once that improves they should be better.

i do admit that i over rated them as far as making playoffs but i am still surprised they only have 2 wins at this point. i did think they were good enough to at least be competitive.i never said they were winning the brier now

i dont think its right to say that a team ranked 20th in the world in anything is a true statement

03-05-15 06:35PM
Stoner
Drawmaster

quote:

i do admit that i over rated them as far as making playoffs but i am still surprised they only have 2 wins at this point. i did think they were good enough to at least be competitive.i never said they were winning the brier now

i dont think its right to say that a team ranked 20th in the world in anything is a true statement

Yeah, well maybe it's not so much them as the field they were up against, very tough this year, most of the teams as I said are ranked higher and have previous Brier experience.

The 2nd sentence did not make much sense.

03-05-15 06:39PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:

Yeah, well maybe it's not so much them as the field they were up against, very tough this year, most of the teams as I said are ranked higher and have previous Brier experience.

The 2nd sentence did not make much sense.

all i was trying to say was that if you get to be ranked 20th in the world in a sport then your are doing good.

03-05-15 06:46PM
Stoner
Drawmaster

quote:

all i was trying to say was that if you get to be ranked 20th in the world in a sport then your are doing good.

Well it depends on the sport, in curling it means less than say tennis, if more teams were able to play the tour, Kean probably would not be 20th.

Anyhow, they just beat Manitoba which was good, still have a chance to finish with 5 wins.

03-05-15 06:51PM
johnnysmoke is offline Click Here to See the Profile for johnnysmoke Click here to Send johnnysmoke a Private Message Find more posts by johnnysmoke Add johnnysmoke to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
johnnysmoke
Drawmaster

For the second night in a row, Team Koe was beat on a pistol of a 10th end last rock multiple takeout. It's almost like he upset the curling gods somehow.....

03-05-15 06:58PM
Rock Your World is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rock Your World Click here to Send Rock Your World a Private Message Find more posts by Rock Your World Add Rock Your World to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rock Your World
Swing Artist

"So Stupid"... "So dumb"

Scott Howards opinion on Keans/Camms strategy and call on Ontarios last rock in the 9th end..

The earlier poster who said this Ontario foursome will not be back together next year Id say I agree.. Camm is dying to skip and by now Kean has to be somewhat fed up.. I would swear on one of Marks throws might have been in the 8th or 9th end he threw the weight he wanted too and not the weight Camm suggested he throw.. And then Kean asks Mathers if he got a time on one of his draws and Mathers has no answers for him because he didn't bother timing Marks draws..

03-05-15 06:59PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:

Well it depends on the sport, in curling it means less than say tennis, if more teams were able to play the tour, Kean probably would not be 20th.

Anyhow, they just beat Manitoba which was good, still have a chance to finish with 5 wins.

i think thats silly. you dont have to be ranked in the top 10 in curling to be doing well.