M: World Senior Curling Championships
Ostersund, SWE
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: CF -- Sat, Apr 27 -- 4:30am ET
CAN (Flemming) Final
USA (Farbelow) (8)
SWE (Wranaa) 11  Final
GER (Kapp) (8)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > 2015 Ford World Men's Curling Championship

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 7 of 13 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
04-01-15 10:42AM
rick8end is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rick8end Find more posts by rick8end Add rick8end to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rick8end
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by misty1
i guess the other problem i have with tsn is that before they brought in these 3 new channels i would have been able to watch the curling games without having to pay extra money but then they switched things around and now i cant because i get a different feed then i used to. and so now i dont feel like i should have to pay extra to watch the games i would have been watching before no matter how much it is.

and to be honest i dont know why tsn needs 5 channels when very often there are 2 programs playing on 5 channels at the same time.1 on 3 and 1 on the other 2.

My mother, who did not have the three additional TSN channels, is paying an additional $3 a month for two months so she can see all the Scotties, Brier and World curling. That's a whopping $6 for the two prime curling months. She'll be cancelling these extra channels - which she can simply do through a phone call - as soon as the Men's Worlds is over.

That's $6 - or maybe with other providers $10 - over a couple of months. Meanwhile you're on your computer or IPAD posting this comment and obviously paying the much larger Internet access fee month upon month. Stop whining (and blaming TSN) over such a minuscule amount that would allow you to see all the games that are not featured on TSN1 or TSN2.

Last edited by rick8end on 04-01-15 at 10:53AM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

04-01-15 12:26PM
Tap Back is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tap Back Click here to Send Tap Back a Private Message Find more posts by Tap Back Add Tap Back to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tap Back
Super Rockchucker

quote:
i guess the other problem i have with tsn is that before they brought in these 3 new channels i would have been able to watch the curling games without having to pay extra money but then they switched things around and now i cant because i get a different feed then i used to. and so now i dont feel like i should have to pay extra to watch the games i would have been watching before no matter how much it is.

and to be honest i dont know why tsn needs 5 channels when very often there are 2 programs playing on 5 channels at the same time.1 on 3 and 1 on the other 2.

Good opportunity awaits as I am sure TSN would welcome you as a program director and you could align the world properly!

04-01-15 01:25PM
Stoner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Stoner Click here to Send Stoner a Private Message Find more posts by Stoner Add Stoner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Stoner
Drawmaster

So Norway expectedly crushed Italy 9-2, Canada did indeed bounce back with a nice 8-4 win over the Swiss, Sweden predictably defeated the US 11-6 and it was China over Russia 8-3.

Previewing draw 13: Finland will overcome Russia, Sweden to take out Japan, Switzerland over Scotland and the Czech Rep. over Italy.

04-01-15 02:37PM
Gerry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gerry Click here to Send Gerry a Private Message Visit Gerry's homepage! Find more posts by Gerry Add Gerry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gerry
CZ Founder

For people who wonder why TSN shows the same game on all four main channels, it's because it's a regional network setup.

TSN1: Primary feed for British Columbia, Alberta and Yukon
TSN3: Primary feed for Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Nunavut, Northwest Territories and parts of Northern Ontario (including 60 regional Winnipeg Jets games)
TSN4: Primary feed for Ontario, excluding Ottawa (including 26 regional Toronto Maple Leafs games)
TSN5: Primary feed for Ottawa, parts of Southeastern Ontario, Quebec and all Atlantic Canada (including 53 regional Ottawa Senators games)

So if they choose to show the game only on some of the channels, they're essentially blacking out part of the country who only have access to their main TSN channel.

Please click on our sponsors' banners periodically, as visiting their sites helps keep CurlingZone.com Free!

04-01-15 02:54PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by rick8end

My mother, who did not have the three additional TSN channels, is paying an additional $3 a month for two months so she can see all the Scotties, Brier and World curling. That's a whopping $6 for the two prime curling months. She'll be cancelling these extra channels - which she can simply do through a phone call - as soon as the Men's Worlds is over.

That's $6 - or maybe with other providers $10 - over a couple of months. Meanwhile you're on your computer or IPAD posting this comment and obviously paying the much larger Internet access fee month upon month. Stop whining (and blaming TSN) over such a minuscule amount that would allow you to see all the games that are not featured on TSN1 or TSN2.

well said!

04-01-15 06:19PM
Stoner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Stoner Click here to Send Stoner a Private Message Find more posts by Stoner Add Stoner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Stoner
Drawmaster

It was Finland expectedly over Russia 8-6, Sweden no doubt over Japan 9-2, Scotland maybe upsetting the Swiss 5-4 in an extra and Italy certainly surprising the Czech's 9-6.

Previewing draw 14: Canada will eliminate Scotland, Norway to beat the Czech's, Finland over China and Japan to conquer the US.

04-01-15 06:55PM
5thstone is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 5thstone Find more posts by 5thstone Add 5thstone to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
5thstone
Hitting Paint

quote:

Meanwhile, some cable companies only offer 1 TSN or 1 Sportsnet channel, mainly in smaller towns. So for example in Manitoba, if there's a Winnipeg Jets hockey game going on at the same time as curling, you're stuck with watching the Winnipeg Jets hockey game on TSN3. Blame the cable companies for that, not so much TSN.

04-01-15 07:09PM
dbsdbs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dbsdbs Click here to Send dbsdbs a Private Message Find more posts by dbsdbs Add dbsdbs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dbsdbs
Drawmaster

I thought I liked listening to Vic Rauter doing curling on TSN but then I watched a few old Briers with Don Wittman and... Wittman was so much better, actually did some play-by-play rather then yelling, for example, get it by, get it by ... What a difference -- professional announcer vs cheerleader.

04-01-15 07:47PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:

i have been paying an internet bill for a long time. i dont think i should have to pay extra to watch something that i was watching in paying my regular bill just last year.

and, again i dont care how much additional it is, im not paying

04-01-15 07:48PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by Tap Back

Good opportunity awaits as I am sure TSN would welcome you as a program director and you could align the world properly!

thank you for the vote of confidence, i really appreciate that

Last edited by misty1 on 04-01-15 at 07:57PM

04-01-15 07:51PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

switzerland predictably collapsing now that they are facing the better teams.

with so many teams in a group of 4 or more losses then 5 looks like it will get you something.

04-01-15 08:15PM
rick8end is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rick8end Find more posts by rick8end Add rick8end to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rick8end
Swing Artist

quote:

i have been paying an internet bill for a long time. i dont think i should have to pay extra to watch something that i was watching in paying my regular bill just last year.

and, again i dont care how much additional it is, im not paying

That's your prerogative. But stop bitching to the rest of us about how unfair this is when there is a two-month $6 solution and you're too cheap to use it.

I could see your point if you had no solution, but you do and it costs you virtually nothing. You seem to love playing the role of martyr and hard done-by.

04-01-15 08:45PM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Drawmaster

I have concluded that watching curling is really not a big priority for one person, given the endless post.

04-01-15 09:01PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by Ajay
I have concluded that watching curling is really not a big priority for one person, given the endless post.

the only reason its an endless post is because everyone on here insists on continuing it

04-01-15 09:11PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:

That's your prerogative. But stop bitching to the rest of us about how unfair this is when there is a two-month $6 solution and you're too cheap to use it.

I could see your point if you had no solution, but you do and it costs you virtually nothing. You seem to love playing the role of martyr and hard done-by.

i'd have stopped talking about it a long time ago if people would stop giving me a reason to carry on

04-01-15 09:22PM
Phil_D is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Phil_D Click here to Send Phil_D a Private Message Visit Phil_D's homepage! Find more posts by Phil_D Add Phil_D to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Phil_D
Drawmaster

We should have brought more sandwiches.

Co-host of the NerdCurl podcast & occasional blogger.

http://www.nerdcurl.com

04-01-15 09:24PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by fresca
apparently You CANT stop talking about it ... are you a woman .?

like i said im not the one who keeps this alive, the rest of you are

im perfectly happy to end it here but i bet someone else will pick it up by the time i get back on tomorrow

04-01-15 09:29PM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Drawmaster

Nobody would recognize this as the main forum thread re world men's curling championship.

04-01-15 09:30PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

meanwhile on topic norway and canada have qualified in the 1 v.s 2 game . sweden has the inside track on 4th and , i think can wrap it up with 1 win tomorrow. it will be really interesting to see who actually does join them.

5 teams are still alive for it

04-01-15 11:10PM
Par is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Par Click here to Send Par a Private Message Find more posts by Par Add Par to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Par
Swing Artist

After the results of Wednesday evening, every team except Russia still has a chance!

A 5-6 tie-breaker is still possible, all the teams at 3-6 or better are still alive. If there is a 5-6 tie-breaker, it could involve as many as 7 teams.

If Finland and Switzerland, both 5-4, lose twice on Thursday ... and if Japan and USA, both 4-5, split their games ... then Scotland, Italy, China, and the Czech Republic, all 3-6, could stay alive by winning twice.

China plays Scotland in the morning, so one of those teams will suffer a 7th loss and be eliminated no matter what else happens. But the winner of that game, and all the other teams except Russia, Canada, Norway, and Sweden, could be part of a seven-way logjam at 5-6 ... if things break just right.

04-02-15 04:32AM
HotRocks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HotRocks Find more posts by HotRocks Add HotRocks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HotRocks
Drawmaster

Maybe 2 TBs

quote:
Originally posted by Par
After the results of Wednesday evening, every team except Russia still has a chance!

Looks like it will be Norway(1)- Canada (2)
Sweden (3)...gaining momentum

SUI,FIN,JPN- fight it out for the 4th spot...

Concerning the squabbling about TSN2 Games...
I watch them Streaming ( free) since Bell have that as an added bonus...
makes me laugh when people will pay $5 for a beer but complain about a coupla Bucks for a TV curling match

Can Canada actually beat Norway???

04-02-15 08:17AM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

predictions for this morning:

united states over czech republic
scotland over china
norway over japan
canada over finland

04-02-15 08:56AM
jma814 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jma814 Click here to Send jma814 a Private Message Find more posts by jma814 Add jma814 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jma814
Knee-Slider

It always looks like there will be a pile of tiebreakers, but the the right/wrong combination of teams win/lose and we have none.

Besides, I heard that the WCF changed the tiebreaker rules and will have only ONE tiebreaker. The two teams involved in the tiebreaker will be decided based on their cumulative draw to the button score. Apparently, before every game, each team now does TWO draws to the button to determine hammer (one clockwise and one counterclockwise, two different team members).

I heard all of this while watching a replay of the first draw on WCF's youtube channel. Ann Swisshelm (who is a great commentator, btw) explained this new process.

And today is NOT April Fool's Day and draw 1 wasn't either. So make of that what you will.

I haven't heard confirmation of this yet, I'm just repeating what I heard.

So, theoretically, a team could be eliminated due to a poor draw to the button score.

Discuss!

04-02-15 09:12AM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by jma814
It always looks like there will be a pile of tiebreakers, but the the right/wrong combination of teams win/lose and we have none.

Besides, I heard that the WCF changed the tiebreaker rules and will have only ONE tiebreaker. The two teams involved in the tiebreaker will be decided based on their cumulative draw to the button score. Apparently, before every game, each team now does TWO draws to the button to determine hammer (one clockwise and one counterclockwise, two different team members).

I heard all of this while watching a replay of the first draw on WCF's youtube channel. Ann Swisshelm (who is a great commentator, btw) explained this new process.

And today is NOT April Fool's Day and draw 1 wasn't either. So make of that what you will.

I haven't heard confirmation of this yet, I'm just repeating what I heard.

So, theoretically, a team could be eliminated due to a poor draw to the button score.

Discuss!

if thats the case then it looks like finland would be a pretty safe bet to get into that tiebreaking spot if need be

speaking of finland they have to be the positive surprise of the event. They are right in it..a little unlucky not to be 6-3 but still

04-02-15 09:13AM
AlanMacNeill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AlanMacNeill Click here to Send AlanMacNeill a Private Message Find more posts by AlanMacNeill Add AlanMacNeill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AlanMacNeill
Super Rockchucker

I can, almost, confirm you are correct.

There will be at most a single TB game.

If more than 2 teams are tied, the preferred tiebreaker is Head to Head within the tied teams. Note that they don't fully resolve the tie, they just get to the top 2 teams to play the TB game.

If a H2H scenario can be used to eliminate some teams from a tie, then H2H is reapplied within the remaining teams, repeatedly, until either H2H can not resolve the tie, or the tie is fully broken sufficiently to get down to a single TB game.

DSC is a tiebreaker used if and only if H2H can not resolve the tie at any stage. Once DSC is used to rank, it is final (so it's not like DSC is used to eliminate the 4th place team from a 4 way tie, then H2H within the remaining 3 is reconsidered).

In the exceptionally unlikely event DSC results in a tie (they measure to the millimeter, and we're talking cum total of 18 draws out of the 22 they threw), then each team's worst remaining draw is eliminated and they recount, etc, etc, etc until the tie is broken.

If that STILL doesn't resolve the tie adequately (it could happen...) then I believe it's pistols at 20 paces...