Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 21 -- Thu, Apr 25 -- 7:00am ET
CAN (Flemming) 11  Final
DEN (Qvist) (6)
PHI (Ochoco) Final
FIN (Kirjonen) 11  (8)
NOR (Davanger) 10  Final
CRO (Skendrovic) (6)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 2 of 37 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
01-23-13 05:07PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by decade

Well Ml was correct about todays head to head 9-6 wow!

The only point i was trying to make in saying that is that in legend's eyes sherry and her team are far outmatched by team homan and i was just trying to point out that thats simply not true.

it looks like it was a really good game.A ton of great shots made

misty1

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.77.253.19

01-23-13 07:44PM
CurlingGeek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CurlingGeek Click here to Send CurlingGeek a Private Message Visit CurlingGeek's homepage! Find more posts by CurlingGeek Add CurlingGeek to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CurlingGeek
Swing Artist

Another Double Header tonight in Ontario:

Team Harrison vs. Team g Geek ‏@curlinggeek

and

Team Horgan vs Team Auld

Live strategy board at 7pm eastern:

http://www.curlinggeek.com/ontario-scotties/

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

01-23-13 08:03PM
Unregistered

Nice to see team arsenault off to a 2-0 start in nova scotia. I would love to see them get to the scotties for what might be one last go.

01-23-13 10:58PM
Unregistered

Re: My Ideal STOH Field

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
AUTO-BERTH as Team Canada - Nedohin

BC - Kelly Scott with The Shredder
AB - Crystal Webster in her STOH debut
SK - Stef Lawton
MB - JJ or Carey
ON - Rachel Homan
QB - M-F Larouche
NS - Mary Anne with Coco Jones @ 3rd
NWT - K Galushka

Others really don't matter, perhaps K O'Rourke from PEI, Kelly from NB, Devereaux Nfld.

well the stunner is that larouche is 1-3 in quebec so unless she turns sthings around..

01-24-13 10:54AM
Dackle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dackle Click here to Send Dackle a Private Message Find more posts by Dackle Add Dackle to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dackle
Hitting Paint

quote:
Cathy O went 0-2 in her first two outings at the Manitoba Scotties.

She got creamed by a fawn in her opener and then unbelievably held a 5-2 lead (after 6) in her late game last nite to another fawn before falling apart at the seams.

Russ Howard has flown in to try and help this team (his daughter Ashley now plays third)

They pretty well have to win out in the early rounds to make the playoffs.

Chelsea Carey also lost last nite - dropping a 7-6 decision to the same fawns who knocked off Cathy O in the morning.... Dorothy Killgallen....

I think Ms Kilgallen's first name is Colleen, ML. Dorothy is in OZ

Edited to add:
If Russ did fly in to help I think he has lots of work to do,

Last edited by Dackle on 01-24-13 at 10:58AM

01-24-13 11:20AM
Unregistered

I want to know what in the hell happened to marie-france this week in quebec. she'll need a miracle to even make the playoffs now at 2-3. she's lost to teams she'd normally shred

with larouche looking down and out you'd have to favor belisle to get out of quebec but perron has also come on really strong since going 0-2 and alison ross is tearing the field apart the way marie-france usually does. Perhaps ross will finally make the break through she's been close to for these last couple of years. Julie hamel is doing good but i dont know to much about her.I'd favor belisle or ross over her if she's in the final

Of course im also still hoping marie-france somehow pulls this off.

misty1

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 198.163.53.10

01-24-13 11:33AM
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered
I want to know what in the hell happened to marie-france this week in quebec. she'll need a miracle to even make the playoffs now at 2-3. she's lost to teams she'd normally shred

with larouche looking down and out you'd have to favor belisle to get out of quebec but perron has also come on really strong since going 0-2 and alison ross is tearing the field apart the way marie-france usually does. Perhaps ross will finally make the break through she's been close to for these last couple of years. Julie hamel is doing good but i dont know to much about her.I'd favor belisle or ross over her if she's in the final

Of course im also still hoping marie-france somehow pulls this off.

misty1

Does Quebec use the page, or is it only top three who make the playoffs? If top four, MFL, can still get in with only eight teams in the event. Ross has a good young team who have spieled quite a bit this year, particularly in the Eastern Ontario area.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 173.243.42.194

01-24-13 11:39AM
Unregistered

quote:

Does Quebec use the page, or is it only top three who make the playoffs? If top four, MFL, can still get in with only eight teams in the event. Ross has a good young team who have spieled quite a bit this year, particularly in the Eastern Ontario area.

Normally they do use the page system but i dont know if they are doing that this year because the number of entries is smaller than normal.

misty1

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 198.163.53.10

01-24-13 11:59AM
Unregistered

I see Kleibrink lost to Game in the Alta Scotties last night, but they have not updated the draw and they don't have a linescore this morning with the winner of that game scheduled to play Sweeting right now. Is there only one game being played in Lethbridge this morning?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 173.243.42.194

01-24-13 12:30PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

quote:

They are using page according to the quebec assoc web site.

01-24-13 12:47PM
Unregistered

quote:
I see Kleibrink lost to Game in the Alta Scotties last night, but they have not updated the draw and they don't have a linescore this morning with the winner of that game scheduled to play Sweeting right now. Is there only one game being played in Lethbridge this morning?

Try this link to see scores for the games going on now..

http://2013albertascotties.com/results/game.php?view=3

On their page it shows the link to draw three, but brings it to Draw 2

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 142.166.170.254

01-24-13 02:04PM
Unregistered

quote:

MB - JJ or Carey

You're so obssessed with JJ and Carey you couldnt bring yourself to pick one over the other it would have broke your heart

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 198.20.51.134

01-24-13 02:26PM
FollowingAlong is offline Click Here to See the Profile for FollowingAlong Click here to Send FollowingAlong a Private Message Find more posts by FollowingAlong Add FollowingAlong to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FollowingAlong
Swing Artist

quote:

Try this link to see scores for the games going on now..

http://2013albertascotties.com/results/game.php?view=3

On their page it shows the link to draw three, but brings it to Draw 2

Sweeting beat Game 7-6 in an extra end and Sonnenberg crushed Scheidegger 7-1 in seven.

01-24-13 05:30PM
Unregistered

Beautiful tap freeze by sherry to set up the extra end steal over auld today. Important win, as it keeps her within the top 4 in the standings as well.

01-24-13 05:31PM
Unregistered

Overton is 0-3, such a shame ...

NOT!!!!!!!!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.85.186.225

01-24-13 05:34PM
Unregistered

also..am i the only one who doesnt get the hype in team webster? they consistently under perform at the big events. I dont really consider them one of the biggest threats to come out of alberta at all. sweeting, kleibrink, scheidegger, kauffman and sonnenberg are the top 5.I would venture that all 5 would make strongers reps as well

misty1

01-24-13 05:37PM
Unregistered

Re: Re: Re: My Ideal STOH Field

quote:

If I'm backed into a corner and forced to chose - I always go with JJ.... but as a Manitoba supporter I know that Carey wouldn't embarrass the province like other years when we've sent roadkill fawns like Spencer, Fallis, Janet Harvey.

Carey wouldn't win in her first trip to the Scotties but she'd put up a fight against almost every team, like most teams she's over-matched vs. Homan.

Carey is hot-tempered and feisty, she'd fight to the death for a tie-break spot but if she had to face Homan, Scott, Nedohin, Lawton she'd be out of the page rather quickly.

I would love to see chelsey have her chance to rep manitoba. Yeah JJ would be the stronger rep, no question. However its great to see new faces and chelsey is the female version of mcewen. she has been so close so many time you'd have to think that eventually she will break through. Sentimentally alot of people might be pulling for her(and team mcewen)for that reason aswell.

01-24-13 05:39PM
Unregistered

quote:

Sherry keeps herself in the running to be Homan's sacrificial lamb in the Ontario final. Looks like McCarville is done in ONtario as Cathy O is finished in Manitoba.

Frankly, we all saw the one year Cathy snuck into the nationals her only goal was to slaughter JJ on national TV (which she did). JJ still managed to get within a quarter inch of winning while Cathy moped into a 4-7 record.

However, going 0-3 against fawns and roadkill. Thats remarkable unacceptable.

yeah, everyone wrote rachel into the scotties last year too and look what happened. even if rachel goes undefeated into the final again this year last year proves that funny things can happen in finals. I really do view sherry as the team with the best chance of beating rachel in a final./

misty1

01-24-13 05:41PM
Unregistered

quote:

BC - Kelly Scott with The Shredder
AB - Crystal Webster in her STOH debut
SK - Stef Lawton
MB - JJ or Carey
ON - Rachel Homan
QB - M-F Larouche
NS - Mary Anne with Coco Jones @ 3rd
NWT - K Galushka

Others really don't matter, perhaps K O'Rourke from PEI, Kelly from NB, Devereaux Nfld.

My dream scotties tourney:
Homan vs Jones in a best of 7 final.

The rest play for third place.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.85.186.225

01-24-13 07:02PM
Unregistered

quote:
After Carey and Jones in Manitoba the only other team I'd trust to go plus .500 is Barb Spencer the ageless Winnipeg veteran.

She's undefeated so far in the Manitoba tourney and will probably be the third team to factor into a potential Carey vs. Jones final.

* and she's been thrashing people too, not just slithering by.

spencer would be hopeless at the scotties. as a skip her record is 6-16. i would give her best possible finish to be 4-7, maybe 5-6 but thats it.

01-24-13 07:03PM
Unregistered

the only 2 teams manitoba has that could finish aboive 500 are carey and jones. Thurston might be able too and cathy could if she ever found the form she had last year.

01-24-13 10:22PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

Hmmm rather close game for Middaugh against the fawn (tm ML) team of Harrison.

01-24-13 10:40PM
Sean is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sean Find more posts by Sean Add Sean to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sean
Administrator

My take

So in Ontario Rachel Homan is in the 1/2 Game on Saturday. Middaugh loses to "lowly" Harrison and falls to 4-3 and 6 teams are within one game of eachother and a playoff berth I hope Homan can avoid doing what she did last year, dominate the field but come up 1 game short.

In Quebec, M-F Larouche is out and Ross is undefeated. Could this be her year to make her 2nd Scotties arrival(played for Kim Gellard in 99). I'd like to see it.

Arsenault(+CJones,KKelly) are undefeated as well.
In Alberta, there's a B Event battle between Webster and Kleibrink happening right now.

Who I'd like to see(as of right now)

ONT-Homan(always been a fan of the young guns)
QUE-Ross(Haven't really seen her talent on display)
NS-Arsenault(would be nice to see the comeback "kids" comeback to the Scotties)
ALTA-Webster(I've seen a lot of Kleibrink, time for Webster to step up)
MAN-Carey(not Jones)
PEI-Birt(Only team that I can see doing reasonably well)
SASK-Lawton(she deserves better than just 2 Scotties appearances)

01-24-13 11:04PM
Unregistered

Re: My take

quote:
Originally posted by ObsessiveCurler
So in Ontario Rachel Homan is in the 1/2 Game on Saturday. Middaugh loses to "lowly" Harrison and falls to 4-3 and 6 teams are within one game of eachother and a playoff berth I hope Homan can avoid doing what she did last year, dominate the field but come up 1 game short.

In Quebec, M-F Larouche is out and Ross is undefeated. Could this be her year to make her 2nd Scotties arrival(played for Kim Gellard in 99). I'd like to see it.

Arsenault(+CJones,KKelly) are undefeated as well.
In Alberta, there's a B Event battle between Webster and Kleibrink happening right now.

Who I'd like to see(as of right now)

ONT-Homan(always been a fan of the young guns)
QUE-Ross(Haven't really seen her talent on display)
NS-Arsenault(would be nice to see the comeback "kids" comeback to the Scotties)
ALTA-Webster(I've seen a lot of Kleibrink, time for Webster to step up)
MAN-Carey(not Jones)
PEI-Birt(Only team that I can see doing reasonably well)
SASK-Lawton(she deserves better than just 2 Scotties appearances)

who would i like to see get out:

saskatchewan - holland. would kind of like to see how she'd do with this new team

manitoba - chelsey carey, i've already said why

quebec- i guess i'll go with belisle

ontario- would like krista or sherry

alberta - scheidegger

nova scotia- colleen jones, easily. would love to see them have another go

pei- have no real preference

new brunswick - mcguire or robichaud. give someone else a chance to ro rep new brunswick

01-25-13 03:56PM
Unregistered

Montford cracked a 4 on Jenniffer in the 7th end. Upset in the making

misty1