Cihl/Mace Final
Yang/Tian 10  (6)
: NWTCA Mixed
Yellowknife, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 4 -- Sun, Mar 17 -- 10:00am MT
Delorey Final
Koe (5)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
01-22-17 04:39PM
birvin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for birvin Click here to Send birvin a Private Message Visit birvin's homepage! Find more posts by birvin Add birvin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
birvin
Harvey Hacksmasher

2017 Senior Women's

Millions of women marched in cities all over the globe yesterday to send a bold message to the new USA administration — and to the world — that women's rights are human rights.

And I'm pretty sure that they were also excited about the upcoming 2017 USA Senior Women's Curling Championships at Evergreen Curling Club in Portland, OR.

This will be the first ever national curling championship held in Oregon, and it takes place exactly 15 years after the founding of ECC and 4 years after we moved out of the shopping mall and into our own dedicated ice facility in Beaverton.

See the details here: http://bit.ly/2jmtTJu

We plan to stream a featured game during each draw.

The competition promises to be fabulous with ten talented teams.

Pool A

The top seed and my overall favorite is four-time defending champion Norma O'Leary of Duluth. This 1979 graduate of Chaska High School is back with the same team that won World Bronze two years ago, the same team that won USA Sr Nationals convincingly last year. Maybe the smart money will chase the new kid on the block, but I'm going with the favorite, and you're not gonna catch me picking some darkhorse ala Tuck. Norma's team is talented and experienced at every position, and every other team will need to step up to compete with them.

But O'Leary's road to the playoffs won't be easy, not at all. This pool includes the impressive Beth Bohlman from Grand Forks, North Dakota. Beth is a seven time ND champion, former club-nationals finalist, and twice club-nationals bronze winner. Her team includes curlers from all over ND curling country, and they're ready to compete for every end.

Debbie Horn's team from Ohio and Susan Carothers' team from Alaska will also give the top seed all they can handle. These teams are prepared to mix it up and wreak havoc in the A Pool. Debbie is an ultra-marathoner, and we heard that she's jogging from Cleveland to Portland to gear up for this event. Authorities last spotted her somewhere in Wyoming with fists raised and thumbs up. Go Debbie!

And of course my personal favorite, Karen Fairley of Oregon. Karen's team has a secret weapon: a Monroe Cheesemaker. Let's hope they use that and every other home-team advantage to make their way out of the pool.

Pool B

Here we have the new darling of USA Senior Curling, Patti Lank. With 5 national women's titles and a World Women's silver medal, Patti one of the most accomplished curlers in USA history. And her team of Pielage, Lawless, and Brown? First class all the way.

The rest of pool B will be ready for them, though. Leading the peloton will be 3-time champion Margie Smith of St Paul and the fabulous Nadyne Krienke team from up north in Seattle.

There's a special place in my heart for Carol Ann Naso of Arizona. Who curls in the desert? Carol Ann, that's who. And I just love her team, especially Tracey Drummond chucking the lead stones. I enjoyed watching them at the recent MoPac club playdowns Tempe, and just seeing them walk through our front door will make me smile.

And don't fall asleep on my other personal favorite, Dana Watson. No, no, keep a sharp eye on this one. She's sneaky, under-handed, rascally, and unpredictable. She's a cold-blooded killer in purple clothing.

Good Luck to all the teams, thanks to our host-site committee and all the volunteers, props to Joe Roberts of Granite CC for being our lead official, and big ups to Jenny Biadasz, Sam Williams and Terry Davis of USA Curling who made it all possible. You're the best!

Bruce.

Last edited by birvin on 01-22-17 at 05:02PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

01-29-17 10:39PM
birvin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for birvin Click here to Send birvin a Private Message Visit birvin's homepage! Find more posts by birvin Add birvin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
birvin
Harvey Hacksmasher

The 2017 USA Curling Senior Women's Nationals finished up today with the Patti Lank team winning an exciting final over Margie Smith. A lot of people watched the webstream, and many locals (curlers as well as non-curlers) showed up at the club to watch throughout the week.

Thanks to everybody who helped with the event (many ECC volunteers plus great volunteers from SFBACC and Coyotes), and special thanks to the great people at USA Curling (Jenny, Sam, Terry), Joe Roberts from Granite CC and Gerry at curlingzone.com for supporting the event throughout.

Good Luck to Team Lank at Worlds in April!

Event details here: https://evergreencurling.org/index.php/us-sr-women-s

Bruce.

01-30-17 05:08PM
BDure is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BDure Click here to Send BDure a Private Message Visit BDure's homepage! Find more posts by BDure Add BDure to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BDure
Harvey Hacksmasher

Re: 2017 Senior Women's

quote:
Originally posted by birvin
Millions of women marched in cities all over the globe yesterday to send a bold message to the new USA administration — and to the world — that women's rights are human rights.

And I'm pretty sure that they were also excited about the upcoming 2017 USA Senior Women's Curling Championships at Evergreen Curling Club in Portland, OR.

This will be the first ever national curling championship held in Oregon, and it takes place exactly 15 years after the founding of ECC and 4 years after we moved out of the shopping mall and into our own dedicated ice facility in Beaverton.

See the details here: http://bit.ly/2jmtTJu

We plan to stream a featured game during each draw.

The competition promises to be fabulous with ten talented teams.

Pool A

The top seed and my overall favorite is four-time defending champion Norma O'Leary of Duluth. This 1979 graduate of Chaska High School is back with the same team that won World Bronze two years ago, the same team that won USA Sr Nationals convincingly last year. Maybe the smart money will chase the new kid on the block, but I'm going with the favorite, and you're not gonna catch me picking some darkhorse ala Tuck. Norma's team is talented and experienced at every position, and every other team will need to step up to compete with them.

But O'Leary's road to the playoffs won't be easy, not at all. This pool includes the impressive Beth Bohlman from Grand Forks, North Dakota. Beth is a seven time ND champion, former club-nationals finalist, and twice club-nationals bronze winner. Her team includes curlers from all over ND curling country, and they're ready to compete for every end.

Debbie Horn's team from Ohio and Susan Carothers' team from Alaska will also give the top seed all they can handle. These teams are prepared to mix it up and wreak havoc in the A Pool. Debbie is an ultra-marathoner, and we heard that she's jogging from Cleveland to Portland to gear up for this event. Authorities last spotted her somewhere in Wyoming with fists raised and thumbs up. Go Debbie!

And of course my personal favorite, Karen Fairley of Oregon. Karen's team has a secret weapon: a Monroe Cheesemaker. Let's hope they use that and every other home-team advantage to make their way out of the pool.

Pool B

Here we have the new darling of USA Senior Curling, Patti Lank. With 5 national women's titles and a World Women's silver medal, Patti one of the most accomplished curlers in USA history. And her team of Pielage, Lawless, and Brown? First class all the way.

The rest of pool B will be ready for them, though. Leading the peloton will be 3-time champion Margie Smith of St Paul and the fabulous Nadyne Krienke team from up north in Seattle.

There's a special place in my heart for Carol Ann Naso of Arizona. Who curls in the desert? Carol Ann, that's who. And I just love her team, especially Tracey Drummond chucking the lead stones. I enjoyed watching them at the recent MoPac club playdowns Tempe, and just seeing them walk through our front door will make me smile.

And don't fall asleep on my other personal favorite, Dana Watson. No, no, keep a sharp eye on this one. She's sneaky, under-handed, rascally, and unpredictable. She's a cold-blooded killer in purple clothing.

Good Luck to all the teams, thanks to our host-site committee and all the volunteers, props to Joe Roberts of Granite CC for being our lead official, and big ups to Jenny Biadasz, Sam Williams and Terry Davis of USA Curling who made it all possible. You're the best!

Bruce.

I enjoyed the webstream of the final. Fun game to watch, good commentary.