M: World Senior Curling Championships
Ostersund, SWE
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: CF -- Sat, Apr 27 -- 4:30am ET
CAN (Flemming) Final
USA (Farbelow) (8)
SWE (Wranaa) 11  Final
GER (Kapp) (8)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > Tours, Events and Major Championships > Playdowns > 2012 World Women's Curling Championship

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 27 of 27 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 |   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
04-10-12 07:54AM
johnnysmoke is offline Click Here to See the Profile for johnnysmoke Click here to Send johnnysmoke a Private Message Find more posts by johnnysmoke Add johnnysmoke to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
johnnysmoke
Drawmaster

<Sarcasm on>Well yes, when your prediction for women's includes possible bronze, silver, losing a tie breaker, miss the playoffs or might win gold. Are all of the bases covered? You missed possible female hernia, landing Nedohin in a Swiss hospital. <\Sarcasm off>
Whew, you were so bang on!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

04-10-12 08:42AM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Nine Ender

BINGO. Glenn wins gold after dominating the RR, Heather gets bronze after a rollercoaster RR.

You are such a child, it's funny really. You go out of your way to prove that you were right about something

what do you expect posters on here to do exactly?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.77.253.19

04-10-12 01:47PM
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by johnnysmoke
<Sarcasm on>Well yes, when your prediction for women's includes possible bronze, silver, losing a tie breaker, miss the playoffs or might win gold. Are all of the bases covered? You missed possible female hernia, landing Nedohin in a Swiss hospital. <\Sarcasm off>

I said bronze medal. Clearly. You should consider a reading comprehension course.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 99.253.214.112

04-10-12 02:20PM
Nine Ender is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nine Ender Find more posts by Nine Ender Add Nine Ender to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nine Ender
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by johnnysmoke

My first paragraph was the best analysis of their chances on this site. If you can find a better one please quote it. To claim a finish was iron clad would have been stupid.

Glenn was more straightforward. The doubting on this site has always exceeded the support. Rather ironic given they had one of the greatest runs in Curling history. I have no reservation pointing this out, because when a team is shackled unfairly with a "choker label" for years on here. I'll take EVERY opportunity to point out how silly this forum can get harping on a few isolated games in a sport not designed for domination.

04-10-12 04:48PM
Unregistered

quote:

My first paragraph was the best analysis of their chances on this site. If you can find a better one please quote it. To claim a finish was iron clad would have been stupid.

Glenn was more straightforward. The doubting on this site has always exceeded the support. Rather ironic given they had one of the greatest runs in Curling history. I have no reservation pointing this out, because when a team is shackled unfairly with a "choker label" for years on here. I'll take EVERY opportunity to point out how silly this forum can get harping on a few isolated games in a sport not designed for domination.

funny how your the only one on here who's mentioned it in a while and now can't seem to shut up about it

I still dont know exactly what your waiting for

04-10-12 04:49PM
Unregistered

more importantly why are you even talking about it here, in the WOMENS world championship thread.

04-10-12 05:25PM
Nine Ender is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nine Ender Find more posts by Nine Ender Add Nine Ender to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nine Ender
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered

funny how your the only one on here who's mentioned it in a while and now can't seem to shut up about it

I still dont know exactly what your waiting for

Funny how a little two line post got you all worked up.
I'm not waiting for anything. Did you really expect all the critics of Howard's play would pipe in now ? Most of the posters on this site are obsessed with Western Canadian based teams. Their already talking about Kelly Scott and Jennifer Jones. Almost nothing about Rachel Homan. Rachel has as good a chance as either of those teams to win next year.

Oh well. I predict Homan will win the Scotties next year.
I love a good "underdog".

04-10-12 05:32PM
Unregistered

quote:

I'm not waiting for anything. Did you really expect all the critics of Howard's play would pipe in now ? Most of the posters on this site are obsessed with Western Canadian based teams. Their already talking about Kelly Scott and Jennifer Jones. Almost nothing about Rachel Homan. Rachel has as good a chance as either of those teams to win next year.

I just don't know why you have to keep going on about it. No one on here continues to bring this up but you. People came in here and congratulated him and that's all you can ask for

I get the feeling you want all the Howard haters to come on here and apologize for saying those things and then personally congradulate you for picking him as the winner.

I do agree that the speculation about who will win the scotties and the canadian trials next year is completely rediculous.However your prediction of Rachel winning is just as pointless and silly. At this point who knows, it's possible that NONE of them will be there including Rachel Homan.

Lets wait and see what the field for the scotties even looks like before we pick a winner. Its been proven in the past that bveing a favorite going into the olympic trials really doent mean alot. If it did Kelly scott would have won in 2005 and Jenniffer would have in 2010.

04-10-12 05:52PM
Nine Ender
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered

I just don't know why you have to keep going on about it. No one on here continues to bring this up but you. People came in here and congratulated him and that's all you can ask for

I get the feeling you want all the Howard haters to come on here and apologize for saying those things and then personally congradulate you for picking him as the winner.

I do agree that the speculation about who will win the scotties and the canadian trials next year is completely rediculous.However your prediction of Rachel winning is just as pointless and silly. At this point who knows, it's possible that NONE of them will be there including Rachel Homan.

Lets wait and see what the field for the scotties even looks like before we pick a winner. Its been proven in the past that bveing a favorite going into the olympic trials really doent mean alot. If it did Kelly scott would have won in 2005 and Jenniffer would have in 2010.

I don't really care what the Howard critics do, its not important to me. He won the event mere days ago, this is hardly old news.

I'm still picking Homan to win next year. I thought I'd get in early before the rush.

04-12-12 05:04PM
KittyHisses is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KittyHisses Click here to Send KittyHisses a Private Message Find more posts by KittyHisses Add KittyHisses to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KittyHisses
Swing Artist

Nobody that I have noticed anyway on this site has denied Glenn Howard and his team's greatness. Just saying it is a shame he didnt win more of this finals as someone who is good enough to have made 6 of the last 7 Brier finals, and 3 straight Brier finals with his last "dream team" (which he was a 3rd for, rather than skip of course) should have won more than 33% of those. The competition is always hard but someone who is so great they make that many finals should win more than that, especialy as he was only playing a Kevin Martin type in 1 of those Brier finals. Now just imagine if he had won 5 or 6 of those 9 instead of 3 of 9, which isnt an unreasonable (in fact still stingy) expectation for someone good enough to have made 9 Brier finals with 2 of the greatest teams ever, and who is unbeaten at Worlds, especialy with his perfect record at Worlds, what his record would be like now.

He does seem to have a bit of problem with nerves on big occasions still. His play in big finals, with exceptions like this years Brier and the 2007 World finals, are consistently below what he is capable of, but he is so strong, and his teams so strong, they are still hard to beat. Even the World final this year he was definitely not totally on, but managed to eke out the win anyway. That plus his mental block he still seems to have with playing Kevin Martin at the Brier or Olympic Trials, almost always losing, despite that he beats him atleast half the time on the World Curling tour and in other events. If he conquered that he would be unbeatable.

Last edited by KittyHisses on 04-12-12 at 05:07PM

04-12-12 05:12PM
KittyHisses is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KittyHisses Click here to Send KittyHisses a Private Message Find more posts by KittyHisses Add KittyHisses to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KittyHisses
Swing Artist

quote:
Most of the posters on this site are obsessed with Western Canadian based teams. Their already talking about Kelly Scott and Jennifer Jones. Almost nothing about Rachel Homan. Rachel has as good a chance as either of those teams to win next year.

I love a good "underdog". [/B]

Why shouldnt people talk about Jones and Scott. They are by far the two most successful Canadian womens teams of the last 6 years. Homan is definitely an up and coming talent and has a bright future, and she might even usurp Scott and Jones in a year or two, but until she does there is no reason people shouldnt talk about Jones and Scott as the frontrunners.

You have called Rachel Homan the Canadian Eve Muirhead but she has done nothing as of yet to warrant that. Eve Muirhead is several years younger than Homan, and is already a 4 time World Junior Curling Champion, European Champion, World silver medalist, and Olympian. What has Homan done to be compared to that.

04-12-12 06:59PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend

I suspect if Homan had avoided that final end meltdown vs. Tracey Horgan she might have been able to torment most of the teams at the Scotts. However, still maybe not enough experience to take the duke. Teams like Nedohin, Jones, Kel Scott, etc. are chock full of experience and all brought top thirds to the event.

The only 'experienced' team Homan would have licked her lips and thrashed and tormented would have been Team Canada, Amber Holland who's team really doesn't measure up with Homan - except maybe at the skip position.

Homan would have finished 8-3 or 9-2 in this years field before facing adversity in the page.

"if, might and maybe" do not win a Scotties. Oops- it didn't even win an Ontario final!!!!

01-28-13 03:54AM
Nine Ender
Swing Artist

quote:

Just a reminder that I predicted Homan would win the 2013 STOH when some people were doubting them on this site in 2012. Odds on this get better all the time. Don't let their domination of Ontario playdowns fool you that field has gotten deep lately.

I think Rachel Homan has already surpassed Eve Muirhead in terms of being the best young talent in the game. For whatever reason, the transition to the women's game has come easier to Rachel.

02-12-13 02:58AM
Unregistered

VeDdjXptKEuaHjtsTk

doors.txt;5

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 202.98.123.126

02-13-13 12:00PM
Unregistered

Does anyone know if Mirjam ott is recored from her injury and will play with her team in the final round of the swiss championship this weekend or will they still be forced to play without her?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 198.163.53.10

12-12-23 01:52PM
Robt Deleo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Robt Deleo Find more posts by Robt Deleo Add Robt Deleo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Robt Deleo
Harvey Hacksmasher

In general, a CRM system can help you effectively manage relationships with customers, influencers, and other stakeholders in your industry. But if you plan to share content or other learning materials with students, onlyfans agency management can help you attract even more attention. So onlyfans is a platform that provides the ability to create and distribute content, text materials, for a subscription.