Forums Menu

User: 
Pass:  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > 2019 Women's Worlds- Silkeborg

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 7 of 7 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 |   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
03-23-19 09:40PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

yes, you're right and normally i try and ignore it but what he said just set me off.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

03-23-19 10:19PM
Observer is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Observer Find more posts by Observer Add Observer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Observer
Swing Artist

deleted

Last edited by Observer on 03-23-19 at 10:33PM

03-23-19 11:00PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by Observer
deleted

I agreed with most of what you said before you deleted it. However, sometimes we (me) can get a bit worked up on here, like last night, but I fully understand your frustrations.

03-24-19 12:14AM
jamcan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jamcan Click here to Send jamcan a Private Message Find more posts by jamcan Add jamcan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jamcan
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend

Now I know you're a vegetable. It was bad coaching, plain and simple. If one of the other vegetables on the board had made the same assertion you would have hid behind them. Learn a bit about curling before posting drivel and hatred.

Congratulations Misty1! By having him attack you personally for standing up to his idiotic post, you have reached the highest level of the MLGD!

You now get to create the most vile shooter imaginable and your friends must toss it back. Why a vile concoction? Well it's a reflection of the very vileness we all are subjected to by ML's never ending posts.

03-24-19 12:20AM
jamcan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jamcan Click here to Send jamcan a Private Message Find more posts by jamcan Add jamcan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jamcan
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by IN-OFF-FOR-2

I agreed with most of what you said before you deleted it. However, sometimes we (me) can get a bit worked up on here, like last night, but I fully understand your frustrations.

None of you should feel any remorse or guilt for standing up to the sociopathic bully. He's earned every bit of vitriol he gets.

Although it's interesting that truthfully he's sadly pathetic in the passive aggressive way he insults the very athletes he claims to idolize.

But enough of that. Everyone head to the liquor store. Time to stock up for another round (no pun intended) of the MLGD!

03-24-19 01:19AM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Drawmaster

Given the direction of this thread, it would seem the women’s world championship has very little appeal to the so called curling enthusiasts. What a shame.

03-24-19 08:45AM
johnnysmoke is offline Click Here to See the Profile for johnnysmoke Click here to Send johnnysmoke a Private Message Find more posts by johnnysmoke Add johnnysmoke to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
johnnysmoke
Swing Artist

The Swedish team is heads above the rest of the competition this week and have reeled off 12 straight wins.
Barring some catastrophic crisis in confidence or an attack by some flu strain they should take the gold medal game handily.

Yesterday's semifinal against Japan was instructive. The Swedish rocks all ended up approximately in the correct spot. Japan on the other hand made micro-mistakes. A little under-thrown here, a little too much sweeping coming into the house there.
It added up to relatively easier shots for the Swedish skip and slightly more difficult shots for Japan.

The Swiss will need all of their rocks to land on the right side of the inch for the chance at an upset. Looking forward to the game.

03-24-19 11:12AM
Manitoba Legend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Manitoba Legend Click here to Send Manitoba Legend a Private Message Find more posts by Manitoba Legend Add Manitoba Legend to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

The only secret weapon preventing Anna Hasselborg & Co. from winning gold =

Alina Paetz

Remember what Paetz did to the greatest team on the planet only a few short years ago.

She basically - last-rocked them to death.

Hasselborg has to be extremely wary of Alina Paetz, the one person who could deny her gold.

03-24-19 12:15PM
johnnysmoke is offline Click Here to See the Profile for johnnysmoke Click here to Send johnnysmoke a Private Message Find more posts by johnnysmoke Add johnnysmoke to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
johnnysmoke
Swing Artist

Wow, a couple of draws have already sailed out the back of the house. That says extreme or unknown difference in path conditions to deal with in the championship final.

03-24-19 01:05PM
EPMD is offline Click Here to See the Profile for EPMD Click here to Send EPMD a Private Message Find more posts by EPMD Add EPMD to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
EPMD
Hitting Paint

Gold Medal Game - This is a beautiful curling match between two high-performing teams. Sweden will still probably win, but the Swiss are making them work for it.

I thought I wouldn't care once Canada was eliminated, but I'm actually more into this tournament now. This Swedish team is eerily reminiscent of Team Homan. Looking back now, it's really impressive that Team Jones was able to beat them last year.

03-24-19 01:56PM
johnnysmoke
Swing Artist

And they're going to an extra end. Tied at 7. And now advantage Swiss with the last rock. Let's see who blinks first.

03-24-19 02:11PM
johnnysmoke
Swing Artist

blink..

03-24-19 02:16PM
johnnysmoke
Swing Artist

Followed by a pick. If it wasn't for bad luck, the Swiss, well you know.

03-24-19 02:19PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Drawmaster

One of the best games played by 2 teams in a long time, especially Paetz. Well done.

03-24-19 02:19PM
johnnysmoke
Swing Artist

Congrats to Team Swiss for the win in a real nailbiter.

03-24-19 02:28PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

congrats to switzerland. women have now won 5 world titles in the last 8 years. incredible. 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2019.

seems only fitting that tirinzoni would add her name to the list of champions from switzerland. ott, paetz, feltscher...and now tirinzoni.

they really are in a gold age. been the dominant country in womens curling for the last 8 years .

as for hasselborg...she'll get a world title eventually. you would think so anyway but this loss is gonna sting

final was brilliant. both medal games were actually.

03-24-19 02:31PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Drawmaster

Paetz shot in 9 was a game saver, better be the highlight of the night.

03-24-19 03:33PM
Deliverer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deliverer Click here to Send Deliverer a Private Message Find more posts by Deliverer Add Deliverer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deliverer
Swing Artist

Same old story for years. If you can stay close going into the 9th
or 10th you have a reasonable chance. If down 2 or 3, however, forget it. Anne gonna getcha.

03-24-19 03:50PM
Manitoba Legend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Manitoba Legend Click here to Send Manitoba Legend a Private Message Find more posts by Manitoba Legend Add Manitoba Legend to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

Was gonna feel great for the winner and very awful for the loser this afternoon. Two of the greatest sorceresses in women's curling.

Paetz was truly amazing - as I said in the pre-game she was the secret weapon of secret weapons - although I didn't expect a 95% outing - when she tormented JJ she was only 84%

Feel great for Silvana - who has toiled so long without golden productivity. Alina moves up the ladder as one of the greatest 4th rock throwers in women's curling history. Esther & Melanie were totally solid and a great brushing pair.

They had to not only beat a great curling team that can shot-pelt with the best o' them but a seasoned and professional coach in W. Middaugh.

It was curling at its finest. Glad I was there to bear witness!

03-24-19 07:09PM
fresca is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fresca Click here to Send fresca a Private Message Find more posts by fresca Add fresca to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fresca
Super Rockchucker

Kinda happy Switzerland won after that pic

But there were a LOTof misses by everyone - 40% doesn’t win a championship often

And it shouldn’t be played on crappy ice - where one rock carves and the next slides thru

03-25-19 07:34AM
GreatCanadian is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GreatCanadian Click here to Send GreatCanadian a Private Message Find more posts by GreatCanadian Add GreatCanadian to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GreatCanadian
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend

Always cheering for Team Canada unlike some of the traitorous vermin allowed on this site. . . . but also pointing out some flaws and problems. . . . . which the hater-vermin types hate - just look at the ferocity of their illiterate personal attacks (rage people with mental health challenges and IQs under 75 are rarely literate)

Any level-headed person with an IQ over 90 (most posters) will notice the hate-filled personal attackers seldom discuss curling, the almost always invoke attacks of the most vitriolic and despicable descriptions, falling back on their old reliable rubric that I called Gushue Goo and once referred to Cathy Overton-Clapham as grumpy. WOW - crimes against humanity!

Wow!!! What a narcissistic, self-aggrandizing a$$hole. I participate in many forums, and have never come across someone who considers themself so important. This post will probably get me banned, but what the heck. No fun here anyway when Manitoba a$$hole takes over every conversation. Yeah Legend, your nicknames are childish, your stupid % predictions are idiotic (3 to 7 percent chance of advancing, or some other bullsh1t). You think you know it all, that's fine. But trying to convince the rest of us is futile. You're all bullsh1t. For me, the straw that broke the camel's back, is when you called a forum member a vegetable. Just one more idiotic post in a stream of hundreds. You should just f u c k off. And get therapy. You're not nearly as important as you believe you are. And most don't give a sh1t about your "expert" analysis of every fkng facet of the sport. Most here know as much or more than you, so hop down off your high fking horse. You fking a$$hole.

GC

Last edited by GreatCanadian on 03-25-19 at 08:23AM

03-25-19 07:53AM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by GreatCanadian

Wow!!! What a narcissistic, self-aggrandizing a$$hole. I partake in many forums, and have never come across someone who considers themself so important. This post will probably get me banned, but what the heck. No fun here anyway when Manitoba a$$hole takes over every conversation. Yeah Legend, your nicknames are childish, your stupid % predictions are idiotic (3 to 7 percent chance of advancing, or some other bullsh1t). You think you know it all, that's fine. But trying to convince the rest of us is futile. You're all bullsh1t. For me, the straw that broke the camel's back, is when you called a forum member a vegetable. Just one more idiotic post in a stream of hundreds. You should just f u c k off. And get therapy. You're not near as important as you believe you are. And most don't give a sh1t about your "expert" analysis of every fkng facet of the sport. Most here know as much or more than you, so hop down off your high fking horse. You fking a$$hole.

GC

You really must learn how to express yourself. lol. Good post GC. I really don't think it'll have any impact on either ML or CZ mods. Congrats Swizerland. Epic try Sweden.

Last edited by albetts on 03-25-19 at 07:57AM

03-25-19 08:04AM
GreatCanadian is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GreatCanadian Click here to Send GreatCanadian a Private Message Find more posts by GreatCanadian Add GreatCanadian to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GreatCanadian
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by albetts

Great post GC. I really don't think it'll have any impact on either ML or CZ mods. Congrats Swizerland. Epic try Sweden.

I'll respond while I can!!

I was kind of rooting for Sweden, but a pat on the back to Switzerland. It's amazing what Switzerland has done in the past decade in women's world curling. 5 of the last 8 (or something like that) is not just fluke. Congrats!!

GC

03-25-19 08:59AM
jamcan
Super Rockchucker

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/olympics/...1_JeIfdItZ3zjwo

Here's a link to a great article on CBC. Perhaps ML and his troll buddy fresca will read it and get the hint.