M: World Senior Curling Championships
Ostersund, SWE
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: CF -- Sat, Apr 27 -- 4:30am ET
CAN (Flemming) Final
USA (Farbelow) (8)
SWE (Wranaa) 11  Final
GER (Kapp) (8)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > 2015 Ford World Men's Curling Championship

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 9 of 13 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
04-03-15 04:55PM
dbsdbs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dbsdbs Click here to Send dbsdbs a Private Message Find more posts by dbsdbs Add dbsdbs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dbsdbs
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by Maritime99
Do you think a U.S. channel would show other teams playing.....wait they don't even show U.S. playing!!!! Have you ever been in the U.S. for any Olympics and tried to watch anything but U.S. teams.

TSN is doing an excellent job and so is Sportsnet for the Grand Slam and locally we had Rogers cover provincials playdowns. We've had more curling coverage this year that I can ever remember but some people are never happy!

Absolutely on the mark. US television has no interest in anything but US athletes. TSN does a great job covering curling. No reason they should worry about satisfying a small group of US curlers who want to watch the tiebreaker

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

04-03-15 05:39PM
r4758 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for r4758 Click here to Send r4758 a Private Message Find more posts by r4758 Add r4758 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
r4758
Knee-Slider

quote:
Originally posted by dbsdbs
TSN does a great job covering curling. No reason they should worry about satisfying a small group of US curlers who want to watch the tiebreaker

Really? Are you suggesting that it was only a small group of US curlers that wanted to watch the tiebreaker?

Shouldn't TSN be concerned about satisfying their core group of curling fans?

Wouldn't those fans be more interested in a meaningful tiebreaker, rather than a meaningless Canada vs Italy re-broadcast?

04-03-15 05:45PM
sternwheeler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sternwheeler Click here to Send sternwheeler a Private Message Find more posts by sternwheeler Add sternwheeler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sternwheeler
Swing Artist

I thought I was seeing things, when

quote:
Originally posted by r4758

Really? Are you suggesting that it was only a small group of US curlers that wanted to watch the tiebreaker?

Shouldn't TSN be concerned about satisfying their core group of curling fans?

Wouldn't those fans be more interested in a meaningful tiebreaker, rather than a meaningless Canada vs Italy re-broadcast?

this repeat curling game was in progress, talk about 'TSN laying a egg" goes ?

04-03-15 07:23PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by fresca
how in the world could a dozen dancers run in before Ulsruds last shot.

thatslike yelling during his delivery in vancouver olympics

totally bush and unfair.

and disgusting

Don't think any malice was intended. An over anxious volunteer not paying attention, I can understand But where were the officials?

04-03-15 08:42PM
dbsdbs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dbsdbs Click here to Send dbsdbs a Private Message Find more posts by dbsdbs Add dbsdbs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dbsdbs
Drawmaster

I was aware of Simmons and have seen him play before but, watching from afar [USA], I had no idea what a great shooter he is. Has he always been that good? or has the season been a bit of surprise in Canada as well?

04-03-15 08:46PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by dbsdbs
I was aware of Simmons and have seen him play before but, watching from afar [USA], I had no idea what a great shooter he is. Has he always been that good? or has the season been a bit of surprise in Canada as well?

he has always been this good.

04-03-15 09:46PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

great final. most likely will meet again in the final

04-03-15 09:54PM
Jimbobogie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jimbobogie Click here to Send Jimbobogie a Private Message Find more posts by Jimbobogie Add Jimbobogie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jimbobogie
Drawmaster

No disrespect to Sweden or Finland, but in 2015 these 2 teams are by far the class of the field-anything less than Game 3 will be an anticlimax.

04-03-15 09:56PM
sternwheeler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sternwheeler Click here to Send sternwheeler a Private Message Find more posts by sternwheeler Add sternwheeler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sternwheeler
Swing Artist

right Misty 'the back door' sometimes gets ...

quote:
Originally posted by misty1
great final. most likely will meet again in the final
closed in your face, if Doc Simmons & company don't win the next couple to get another shot at Ulsrud..... Those Swedes or Finns are not pushovers

04-03-15 10:01PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

Re: right Misty 'the back door' sometimes gets ...

quote:
Originally posted by sternwheeler
closed in your face, if Doc Simmons & company don't win the next couple to get another shot at Ulsrud..... Those Swedes or Finns are not pushovers

Why a couple? Just one, non?

04-03-15 10:17PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

Re: right Misty 'the back door' sometimes gets ...

quote:

never said it would be easy but i just think thats what the final will be

04-04-15 01:46AM
Stoner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Stoner Click here to Send Stoner a Private Message Find more posts by Stoner Add Stoner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Stoner
Drawmaster

Nice nordic match Sweden-Finland, the Fins have been a good story, but it ends here with a Swede victory.

04-04-15 10:08AM
dks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dks Click here to Send dks a Private Message Find more posts by dks Add dks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dks
Hitting Paint

I don't understand why the tiebreaker wasn't broadcasted. It is a playoff game or close to it. Didn't understand the dancers running out during the game as well, bad timing? Enjoyed the 1/2 game even though Canada lost, Morris really played well and probably secures himself as one of the most influential teammate in curling. Absolutely loved the decision in the 10th end to try and "bring up" a rock already out of the rings. Never had seen someone try that shot and it was almost made.

04-04-15 10:41AM
kmowen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kmowen Click here to Send kmowen a Private Message Find more posts by kmowen Add kmowen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kmowen
Knee-Slider

The dancers were cued by the emcee, who thought last rock had been played. He was pretty embarrassed and apologized to the players. Just one of those things, no big deal.

04-04-15 10:51AM
sternwheeler
Swing Artist

and he thought that was embarrassing aye, try

quote:
Originally posted by kmowen
The dancers were cued by the emcee, who thought last rock had been played. He was pretty embarrassed and apologized to the players. Just one of those things, no big deal.
explaining this TSN? , YOU BREAK FOR COMMERCIALS , just when the score in game was four to two for Canada, Ulsrud had his last shot coming up, and guess WHAT ? 4 commercials later and they start showing the next end with Norway already having tied up game , WE THE VIEWING T.V. audience never seen this play? no explanation or apology from TSN

04-04-15 11:23AM
rick8end is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rick8end Find more posts by rick8end Add rick8end to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rick8end
Swing Artist

Re: and he thought that was embarrassing aye, try

quote:
explaining this TSN? , YOU BREAK FOR COMMERCIALS , just when the score in game was four to two for Canada, Ulsrud had his last shot coming up, and guess WHAT ? 4 commercials later and they start showing the next end with Norway already having tied up game , WE THE VIEWING T.V. audience never seen this play? no explanation or apology from TSN

You must have been watching a different game than I was. There was no interruption in the 7th end- the end where Canada was unfortunately light on their final shot and Ulsrud made the raise double for two to tie the game at 4-4. The interruption was in a different end and TSN apologized for the technical difficulties, which of course resulted in commercial after commercial because they couldn't get back to the broadcast.

04-04-15 11:32AM
sternwheeler
Swing Artist

nope sitting infront of giant screen and watching entire game when commercial break came at a un opportunist time and far too many which escaped the peon brains of TSN.... AM I THE ONLY FRIGGIN PERSON who picked up on this irregularity ?

04-04-15 11:38AM
prairie guy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for prairie guy Click here to Send prairie guy a Private Message Find more posts by prairie guy Add prairie guy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
prairie guy
Swing Artist

quote:
nope sitting infront of giant screen and watching entire game when commercial break came at a un opportunist time and far too many which escaped the peon brains of TSN.... AM I THE ONLY FRIGGIN PERSON who picked up on this irregularity ?

I was watching on TSN live and there was no break to a commercial before Usulrud' last rock. Angle raise and stuck for two.

04-04-15 11:45AM
sternwheeler
Swing Artist

okay okay must of had a stupid senior .....

moment or something?, 'IT IS NOT funny if you swear something happened and find out LATER it DID NOT , my apologizes for over reacting there

04-04-15 12:58PM
sternwheeler
Swing Artist

I doubt any of the TSN camera crew have curled before..

we all know commercials are evident in any sport, JUST WISH they couldn't happen in curling except the fifth end break.? it is all these (cough choke) commercial breaks which sadly are required to generate revenue , THATS WHAT WE ARE TOLD @Fresca

04-04-15 01:10PM
rick8end is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rick8end Find more posts by rick8end Add rick8end to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rick8end
Swing Artist

Re: okay okay must of had a stupid senior .....

quote:
moment or something?, 'IT IS NOT funny if you swear something happened and find out LATER it DID NOT , my apologizes for over reacting there

No biggie. Just a mistake like all of us make from time to time. Cheers and enjoy the rest of the event.

04-04-15 05:31PM
Cosss is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cosss Click here to Send Cosss a Private Message Find more posts by Cosss Add Cosss to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cosss
Hitting Paint

quote:
its stressful to watch. ...not sure why they dont leave out abt 40 commercials, like about half the rocks for kids ads and show the leads shots

all the commercials are way better than the obnoxious repetiitive. ones by the loan sharks, jj sweeping , etc. from a few yrs ago.

dont know about others but 5.5 minutes of same decent commercials gets me surfing, making a treat, or twinkling..... sometimes i go outside for an hour ..

id love someone to leak the rules about what the announcers are allowed to say about transmission difficulties, swearing, missed shots etc. ... Vic is excellent at generating excitement in a 7-1 game

i harp a bit but pls pull back on the running rock so we can see the path by the guards and the target rock on a hit situation... have none of the camera people ever curled ...

I just simply don't do commercials. I click to another channel as soon as the end is done, and I take my time in turning back to the curling in order to avoid the "brought to you by's."

As for the "running rock" view, I oompletely agree with you. It would be nice to see the rock approaching the guards/house. I don't have a clue if this is easy or hard to do with the cameras, but it would sure add a lot for the viewers.

04-04-15 05:49PM
Stoner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Stoner Click here to Send Stoner a Private Message Find more posts by Stoner Add Stoner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Stoner
Drawmaster

Canada to take out Sweden obv.

04-04-15 06:49PM
johnnysmoke is offline Click Here to See the Profile for johnnysmoke Click here to Send johnnysmoke a Private Message Find more posts by johnnysmoke Add johnnysmoke to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
johnnysmoke
Drawmaster

Moving video ads on the boards

These moving video ads must be distracting for the players. I just saw an ad that was running along in the same direction while Canada was drawing, but the rate at which the ad was crawling along was obviously different than the draw. Are they kidding? Save these distracting moving ads for between ends already....

04-04-15 07:25PM
Tap Back is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tap Back Click here to Send Tap Back a Private Message Find more posts by Tap Back Add Tap Back to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tap Back
Super Rockchucker

quote:
nic is sucking canada in. ... troublelooming

Trouble looming because Canada has missed way too many shots. Have to pick it up and soon!!