Cihl/Mace Final
Yang/Tian 10  (6)
: NWTCA Mixed
Yellowknife, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 4 -- Sun, Mar 17 -- 10:00am MT
Delorey Final
Koe (5)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 1 of 8 -- Go to: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
03-09-14 12:16PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

2014 Mens Wolrd Championship

The field for this event is getting filled up. Switzerland and the US have declared their reps and Canada will today

teams we know so far:

Sweden - Oskar Eriksson
Denmark - Rasmus Stjerne
United States - Pete Fenson
Scotland - Ewan Macdonald
Germany - Johnny Jahr
Switzerland - Peter De Cruz
Canada -
Czech Republic -
Norway -
China -
Japan -
Russia -

I could assume what teams most of the remaining countries will send but I wont list them without being sure.

What I can say right now is that this field looks exciting. A combination of stars of the future and veterans. I myself have been wanting to see what De Cruz and Eriksson could do at a worlds for a while now so im most excited to see them in action.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

03-18-14 12:56AM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

Kevin Koe will kill everyone the way he did in 2010. He is the best in the world.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 184.144.41.224

03-18-14 08:02AM
Unregistered

yeah to bad he didn't kill everyone in 2010

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.77.253.19

03-19-14 10:53AM
Dangermouse is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dangermouse Click here to Send Dangermouse a Private Message Find more posts by Dangermouse Add Dangermouse to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dangermouse
Swing Artist

Gold: Norway(Ulsrud)
Silver: Canada(Koe)
Bronze: China(Rui)

03-20-14 11:00PM
radiowave is offline Click Here to See the Profile for radiowave Click here to Send radiowave a Private Message Find more posts by radiowave Add radiowave to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
radiowave
Hitting Paint

If you are talking just Koe vs. Jacobs I agree. Both are great players but I give the edge to Koe in terms of pure shot making. If we're talking teams I like Jacobs all day. From the Harnden's rabid gorilla brushing, to Ryan Fry being possibly the best third in the game and Jacob's uncanny ability to deliver big in the clutch, you have a team that's pretty hard to top at the moment.

03-21-14 11:59PM
peteski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for peteski Click here to Send peteski a Private Message Find more posts by peteski Add peteski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
peteski
Drawmaster

Now that this field has filled out with Ulsrud, Liu and Snitil, I have to say it's a pretty strong group, particularly in comparison to this year's women's worlds. Sure we are missing the World Champs, Olympic silver medalists and European Champs (ok, that does sound bad) but I think each country has some pretty capable replacements actually. I don't think it will be a cakewalk.

03-28-14 09:29PM
Sean is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sean Find more posts by Sean Add Sean to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sean
Administrator

Can't believe it starts tomorrow, Koe and Ulsrud really should have no trouble qualifying in this field. The difficulty for them will lie in the pressure of the big moments come the final weekend.

03-28-14 10:46PM
Unregistered

i think sweden and switzerland are darkhorses here. They are young but already have wins over pretty much every team here

if they cope with the occasion and arena ice well enough they could contend for medals

03-29-14 07:43AM
Unregistered

Are player stats available somewhere?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 207.54.104.108

03-29-14 08:02AM
wsj28 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wsj28 Click here to Send wsj28 a Private Message Find more posts by wsj28 Add wsj28 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wsj28
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered
Are player stats available somewhere?

http://wmcc.curlit.com/aspnet/curre....aspx?EventID=1

03-29-14 08:35AM
Unregistered

Both fans in the arena seem to be enjoying todays game

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 142.161.61.129

03-29-14 08:53AM
Unregistered

Crappy ice ..not fair to any of the players

03-29-14 09:31AM
freezetothehack is offline Click Here to See the Profile for freezetothehack Click here to Send freezetothehack a Private Message Find more posts by freezetothehack Add freezetothehack to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
freezetothehack
Hitting Paint

quote:
Both fans in the arena seem to be enjoying todays game

Too funny!

03-29-14 09:36AM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

this ice is just..not good. Could make things very interesting and be an equalizer out here

my thoughts about this field now that its full:

Canada - the favorite. I guess now that we know the ice is tricky it might bring the down a bit but they shouldn't have any trouble making the playoffs and probably finishing first. The biggest threat to them winning gold is Norway.

Norway - they haven't looked like themselves at the last couple of worlds but this year they have to be second favorites behind only Canada. They have tons of experience and Thomas is one of the smartest guys out there so I think he'll have the ice figured out fairly quickly and that will be an advantage.

Sweden - not Edin but my opinion this team is probably only half a grade below them. They are very good and it makes me happy to see they are getting a chance to play here. They can make the playoffs if they can master the ice. They don't have experience at this level but they are looking so confident right now and on pure shot making alone their probably the 3rd best team here. Strategy is what might kill them but well see

Switzerland - another great young team with a last rock thrower with nerves of steel. This is their first time out but they've beaten every team here its just a matter of figuring out the ice. They already have a bad loss to Russia and will need to figure things out quickly. They do and they';ll be there at the end

Denmark - a very good Danish side that is close a lot. Rasmus can win games on his own but he'll definitely need help here with poor ice. They could make the playoffs, they could medal or they could bottom out.

United States - one of the most experienced teams here. If the ice doesn't get any better than that experience will help as other teams get frustrated. There is no argument to be made, this is the best team to get out of the US in the last 10 years. Pete will definitely look to improve on his 3-8 showing in 2011 and I think he can. Experience may help them get to the playoffs

China - looked shockingly horrible in draw 1. They could make the playoffs but it depends how they respond to the pressure. every year the worlds come this team is tipped to win a medal but I still don't see it. They can make a ton of shots but they have poor mental strength, they collapse to often. I have them either making the playoffs by the skin of their teeth or on the outside looking in but close. Definately don't see them as threats for gold.

Japan - a good young Japanese team but not a real threat here. predict they'll win around 2 games, maybe 3.

Germany - They are , like japan an okay team. They aren't good enough to challenge for the playoffs but they will challenge and scare a lot of teams here, they very rarely go down easy. They have the great start over china and if they can hold on against Russia I think they can finish above or near 500.

Russia - good young Russian team. The men tinker with their line up more than the women and I think that's whats stopped them from progressing. they got an unexpected win over Switzerland and they can also run teams close but I don't see them doing anything here.

Scotland - Lots of experience for the skip and lead but im not sure about the middle 2. Didn't look to good against Sweden. Im not sure what to expect but im not seeing them making playoffs.

Czech Republic - again, lost of experience and they've had good showings here before. I think they could definitely make tiebreakers at least and from there who knows.

Not really ready to make a final 4 prediction, ill do that around the middle of the week.

I do think Sweden, Norway and Canada will be there but im not sure who will join them

Last edited by misty1 on 03-29-14 at 09:50AM

03-29-14 09:54AM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

Germans off to a quick 2-0 start with wins over Russia and China. Good opening day for them.

03-29-14 10:02AM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

Sweden got a little lucky to win the game over the US I think but im sure they'll take it either way.

03-29-14 11:01AM
sussman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sussman Find more posts by sussman Add sussman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sussman
Harvey Hacksmasher

What happened to Russia's skip?

03-29-14 11:53AM
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by sussman
What happened to Russia's skip?

given the way Russia works they probably got rid of him

03-29-14 12:05PM
murphyj87 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for murphyj87 Click here to Send murphyj87 a Private Message Visit murphyj87's homepage! Find more posts by murphyj87 Add murphyj87 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
murphyj87
Swing Artist

quote:

He couldn't get his passport arranged in time, according to the TSN broadcast..

03-29-14 01:03PM
nenslow is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nenslow Find more posts by nenslow Add nenslow to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nenslow
Knee-Slider

Can the games be seen anywhere online except for the pay-only area of TSN?

03-29-14 02:15PM
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by nenslow
Can the games be seen anywhere online except for the pay-only area of TSN?

https://www.youtube.com/user/WorldCurlingTV

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 70.65.22.52

03-29-14 04:46PM
ott-am is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ott-am Click here to Send ott-am a Private Message Find more posts by ott-am Add ott-am to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ott-am
Swing Artist

quote:

They said he did not get his passport on time.

03-29-14 09:33PM
Unregistered

Help. ! Cannot see china game.
Also there is a new chat box that i cant get rid of .. Any ideas ? Thx

03-30-14 12:48AM
Unregistered

quote:
Help. ! Cannot see china game.
Also there is a new chat box that i cant get rid of .. Any ideas ? Thx

--click the toggle menu at the bottom, there is a "turn off chat" option.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 70.65.22.52

03-30-14 07:53AM
Unregistered

wow. A loss to japan for kevin that I don't think anyone saw coming and now looking very shaky against china