Cihl/Mace Final
Yang/Tian 10  (6)
: NWTCA Mixed
Yellowknife, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 4 -- Sun, Mar 17 -- 10:00am MT
Delorey Final
Koe (5)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > World Men's Curling Championship Lethbridge

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 3 of 5 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
04-05-19 02:04PM
NOLA_Curler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for NOLA_Curler Find more posts by NOLA_Curler Add NOLA_Curler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
NOLA_Curler
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by dbsdbs
Interesting that in every other sport, overtime is usually the most exciting part of the game. Unfortunately, in curling the extra end [overtime] is typically just BORING. Witness Swiss vs Japan today - the outcome was never in doubt.

Agreed. Guard/tick/guard/tick/guard/peel/repeat almost every time. To me, the most exciting situation is a team down one with hammer in the 10th. Will they find a way to score two and win? Will they get forced and we go to an extra? Will the leading team steal and win in regulation? Usually lots of rocks in play and different shots thrown.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

04-05-19 02:11PM
NOLA_Curler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for NOLA_Curler Find more posts by NOLA_Curler Add NOLA_Curler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
NOLA_Curler
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by hogged again
Line that should be banned is when someone says 'I don't hate that' about a potential call.

Yes, kind of weird syntax that you only hear in curling. I'd prefer either "I can live with that" or "I don't like that" depending on what is true.

04-05-19 04:08PM
Deliverer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deliverer Click here to Send Deliverer a Private Message Find more posts by Deliverer Add Deliverer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deliverer
Swing Artist

Anybody have a breakdown of the prize money the gold, silver and bronze winners will each receive?

04-05-19 05:15PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

Re: Throw out of order

quote:
Originally posted by Observer
So from what I read, in the Sweden vs USA game, in the 4th end, Sweden threw out of order by mistake. One of their players threw only one stone, and so for their last one, the skipped player had to throw that.

What would have happened if instead a player had thrown an extra stone? i.e. three instead of two?

From CC rules Rule: 8. Delivery (13)
Change: If a player on a four-player team delivers three stones in one end, except as
provided for in Rule 5(6) or 5(7), the stone delivered in error shall be removed from
play and all displaced stones put back to their original positions.
Rationale: Removes the perception that a player is delivering three stones
deliberately. qed.

04-05-19 07:12PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

Looks like win or lose Canada has qualified, step 1. With a win they can finish 3rd, even better. Play either Scotland US or Italy depending the outcomes last draw?

04-05-19 11:53PM
dbsdbs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dbsdbs Click here to Send dbsdbs a Private Message Find more posts by dbsdbs Add dbsdbs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dbsdbs
Drawmaster

Team Koe may have finished 3rd in RR play but they easily won the gold medal for least sincere post-game handshakes with their opponent.

04-06-19 12:00AM
Western Newbie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Western Newbie Click here to Send Western Newbie a Private Message Find more posts by Western Newbie Add Western Newbie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Western Newbie
Hitting Paint

TSN broadcasting games

I don't see the Canada vs Scotland game being televised tomorrow AM on TSN1. Why?

04-06-19 06:28AM
jzwanzig is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jzwanzig Click here to Send jzwanzig a Private Message Find more posts by jzwanzig Add jzwanzig to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jzwanzig
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by fresca

Methinks they were pretty stressed .. I wouldn’t make a big deal abt shaking goodbye with people that Noah speaka anglais.

So, let me get this straight. It's not important to shake hands with people if they don't speak English. Nice. You should take a break from posting while you learn something about decency and respect for curling.

04-06-19 07:56AM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLER1
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by fresca
Koe team looked like they were 5 down the whole game then lost on a pic ...

Methinks they were pretty stressed .. I wouldn’t make a big deal abt shaking goodbye with people that Noah speaka anglais

Semi finals are at 3 and 8 wpg time tsn3 hd 1022

according to this story, Canada plays at 10:00 Manitoba time.

https://www.tsn.ca/canada-to-square...final-1.1285693

04-06-19 09:17AM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

Re: TSN broadcasting games

quote:
Originally posted by Western Newbie
I don't see the Canada vs Scotland game being televised tomorrow AM on TSN1. Why?

Showing on TSN2 at 11;00 am eastern

04-06-19 10:00AM
MeaghanEdwards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MeaghanEdwards Find more posts by MeaghanEdwards Add MeaghanEdwards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MeaghanEdwards
Drawmaster

Bit silly to underestimate Koe, but this is coming from ML who thinks Jennifer Jones is retiring based on missing out on the playoffs from Scotties, so . . .

04-06-19 01:40PM
gameon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for gameon Click here to Send gameon a Private Message Find more posts by gameon Add gameon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gameon
Hitting Paint

Big Crowds

I'm really impressed by the big crowds... Lethbridge has been a fantastic host for sure. The ice has been super and don't think you could ask for better conditions.

04-06-19 02:24PM
prairie guy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for prairie guy Click here to Send prairie guy a Private Message Find more posts by prairie guy Add prairie guy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
prairie guy
Swing Artist

I believe the only skip that was going to beat the young Scots today was Koe. Man those lads seem to have ice in their veins.

04-06-19 02:45PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

Really happy that Japan took down the one hit wonder.

04-06-19 03:33PM
Nine Ender is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nine Ender Find more posts by Nine Ender Add Nine Ender to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nine Ender
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend

Scotty or USA will be a handful for KK - even Joel/Italy could upset the tomato cart . . . Scotland had a rough landing in Lethbridge but seem to have found their amazing sea legs - USA is an enigma. They can be best in world on any given draw - but also worst. Shuster is as good at draws as Gushue - Emma Miskew is a far better hitter, though!

PS. Great West Life re-branding to Canada is odd. Bet they'll still be training their new stock to go after and pillage hi school grads and university students to sucker punch them for policies? Someone should put Guido on these "salesmen" - they'd die of verbal poisoning within minutes!

As per usual you are a complete idiot writing off a great team mid-event Reminds me of the year Glenn Howard won the world championship and you completely wrote them off 4 games into the Brier.

Koe has as good a chance as anyone to win the gold at this event and would be my pick to win at this point. At no point would anyone in their right mind say that Koe against Sweden or Japan is totally outmatched like you did this week. Of course, you aren't a bright boy so no surprise when you make these ridiculous pronouncements.

Last edited by Nine Ender on 04-06-19 at 03:35PM

04-06-19 09:58PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

Duh. I think we’re all watching the game.

04-06-19 10:23PM
southerncurler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for southerncurler Find more posts by southerncurler Add southerncurler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
southerncurler
Swing Artist

So why aren’t they giving the better seed hammer to begin the game?

04-06-19 10:53PM
EPMD is offline Click Here to See the Profile for EPMD Find more posts by EPMD Add EPMD to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
EPMD
Swing Artist

Some of the shots in this CAN-SUI game are incredible. The ultra-thin doubles are outrageous, so outrageous that I can't even believe they are calling them. It's crazy to think that there is an even better team waiting for the winner in the final.

I agree about the dubious hammer choice. That seemed wrong to me.

Good crowd in Alberta. I know why they want to rotate host countries, but having seen the crowds of 20-30 people watching in Denmark last month, I think we need to hold all future championships in Canada. I'm pretty sure the players wouldn't argue either.

04-06-19 10:54PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

The best seed of the 2 is Canada. Head that head.

04-06-19 11:05PM
southerncurler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for southerncurler Find more posts by southerncurler Add southerncurler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
southerncurler
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by guido
The best seed of the 2 is Canada. Head that head.

It’s okay to be factually incorrect.

So how did they determine hammer in first end for playoff games?

04-06-19 11:07PM
guido
Super Rockchucker

They both had the same record. Canada beat them head to head. Therefore Canada gets the hammer. That is a fact. Sorry you have trouble understanding that.

Last edited by guido on 04-06-19 at 11:11PM

04-06-19 11:24PM
southerncurler
Swing Artist

Except the Swiss were clearly the 2 seed entering the game so they were the better seed which should give them the hammer. So what was said was factually incorrect.

It’s clear that the WCF uses a very dubious method to determine hammer in playoff games. It should be solely based on seed

04-06-19 11:36PM
guido
Super Rockchucker

LOL. Don’t have a stroke. They had to go to the SECOND tie breaking format to decide between can, Swiss and Japan to decide who got second place. Once the playoffs came Swiss got the bye to the semis because of their draw to the button accumulation. The weren’t a clear second place, therefore when playing between the 2 teams ( can vs Swiss) Canada recieved hammer because they had the aame record as Swiss, but beat them in the rr. Clear as mud???

04-07-19 12:34AM
southerncurler
Swing Artist

I’m sure that the gracious Canadians wouldn’t be upset at all if their team had ended up without the hammer in this all important game based on a silly rule.

The team with the better seed (regardless of how it should come) should have the advantage in a game against a lower seed.

04-07-19 12:47AM
guido
Super Rockchucker

Is your name Shuster?