Cihl/Mace Final
Yang/Tian 10  (6)
: NWTCA Mixed
Yellowknife, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 4 -- Sun, Mar 17 -- 10:00am MT
Delorey Final
Koe (5)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 3 of 8 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
03-19-19 02:27PM
Deliverer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deliverer Click here to Send Deliverer a Private Message Find more posts by Deliverer Add Deliverer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deliverer
Swing Artist

MOVE OVER MUIRHEAD ! ! !

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

03-21-19 10:57AM
Phil_D is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Phil_D Click here to Send Phil_D a Private Message Visit Phil_D's homepage! Find more posts by Phil_D Add Phil_D to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Phil_D
Drawmaster

To the surprise of very few, Marc Kennedy is joining Team Jacobs next season.

https://twitter.com/TeamBradJacobs/...744455580987392

Presumably at third? I would imagine so.

Co-host of the NerdCurl podcast & occasional blogger.

http://www.nerdcurl.com

03-21-19 12:22PM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Drawmaster

Is my memory correct when I say that virtually all of the Jacobs teams success came after Fry came on board? It appears the opportunity of attracting Kennedy gave them the out to kick Fry to the curb. All four players need to be good to attain the success they had but I believe Fry took them to that required level.

03-21-19 04:32PM
MeaghanEdwards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MeaghanEdwards Find more posts by MeaghanEdwards Add MeaghanEdwards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MeaghanEdwards
Drawmaster

Maybe Fry will be a free agent, just floating around with whoever when needed? Could see that with him getting married and all.

03-21-19 05:57PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

ML drinking game

Need to add Auto berth to his repertoire

How about the Howard brothers for about 15-20 years between them in Ontario.

Stoughton for 10 years in your almighty Manitoba.

Kevin Martin auto berth in AB for 12 years, not including the 4-5 years he boycotted allowing Ferbey to have a career or it would have been 16-17.

Then Koe another 5

No such thing as auto berth. You still have to play the games. Best team usually wins, but, you still play.

03-21-19 07:10PM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLER1
Super Rockchucker

Morris won't be on any teams:

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/olympics/...tures-1.5066589

03-21-19 07:11PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

Auto berth

Back to Ontario, how do you think auto birth Glenn Howard felt about losing to Kean, Balsdon, Epping.....he was the best team, but not that day/week. Curling must be played on the ice, not your predetermined paper!!

The rest of us, take 2 shots in the ML game and move on.

03-22-19 12:51PM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLER1
Super Rockchucker

New curling team announcement 🚨

Theresa Cannon is making the jump from lead to skip playing with third Karen Klein, second Vanessa Foster & lead Raunora Westcott next season.

03-22-19 05:28PM
Deliverer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deliverer Click here to Send Deliverer a Private Message Find more posts by Deliverer Add Deliverer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deliverer
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by MeaghanEdwards
Maybe Fry will be a free agent, just floating around with whoever when needed? Could see that with him getting married and all.

Anything is possible but I would like to see Fry settle down in Calgary and pursue a business career.

With a degree in business administration I'm sure he could easily top the annual salary Jacobs has been doling out over the last several years.

03-22-19 05:31PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by fresca
seriously ?

autoberths

jamie koe
gushue
edin
ulsrud
kapp
kapp
finland
italy
jacobs
cotter
mcewen
stouton
pei
nb
ns
quebec

the rest are maybe 3 team autoberths

Not sure I understand, are the above autoberths? How has Ulsrud done the last 2 years? NB? NS? Quebec? MB? Different teams right?

PS Both Kapp and Kapp have retired, hard to autoberth when you no longer play

The only autoberth I'll give you is Kevin Martin or Glenn Howard.

Last edited by IN-OFF-FOR-2 on 03-22-19 at 05:44PM

03-22-19 06:16PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

YOU CAN"T BE SERIOUS, says McEnroe. 15-20 byes must mean Martin and Howard. Easy provinces to win over the years, as proven over and over and over again. I've never seen a five year old skip, even in little rocks! Last year Quebec was Mike Fournier. No sign of Menard or any relative or team mate. STOP. You're making a fool of yourself. If it's that easy to qualify somewhere, strap on your shoes and move there. Or "fake" move there and join a team.....or fake not moving there....Homan. Too soon?

03-22-19 08:19PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

quote:
They can’t win if they don’t enter

You don’t make a stronger argument by calling me names

Obvious auto berths are in ont
Ontario,
Nfld , bc , nwt ,

Some teams are much superior to the runner ups - hence an auto berth

Try not to get too excited it’s a pretty unimportant topic

Read the post, NO NAME CALLING, whatsoever. Auto berths, Crazy. Seriously, if you think YOU are good enough to win in any province or territory, by all means you and your team lace them up and see if you can win. I'll bet you'll have a hard time winning any province or territory, let alone your own club, or even your Tuesday night mixed league. Again, STOP, SHUT UP.

03-22-19 09:12PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

quote:
‘Your making a fool of yourself “

KINDA IS ...

And I’m saying an auto berth is the same superior team winning regularly in a province _ not that I could win in any of these provinces - thou in my day our team would be a regular auto berth team in a few places - especially if we played your team in the final

Or Misty’s or jam cans or that other posters team I can’t recall

Soooooo, what you're saying is, With absolutely no name calling, There are NO AUTO BERTHS, only those EARNED, regardless of province or territory, resident or not, If not, who has earned a spot anyone else has not? Earned....explain? Discuss...

03-23-19 03:32PM
Deliverer
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Ajay
Is my memory correct when I say that virtually all of the Jacobs teams success came after Fry came on board? It appears the opportunity of attracting Kennedy gave them the out to kick Fry to the curb. All four players need to be good to attain the success they had but I believe Fry took them to that required level.

Now That World War 111 Is Over !!! lol

I liked Jacobs and Co. before Fry joined the team, when they were still struggling just to become one of the top 5 or 6 teams in Canada. Over a period of six years prior to "Fry time", their best performance in the Brier was a third place finish in 2010. Their winnings from Grand Slams amounted to a big fat zero. Once Fry became the new Third, however, things changed dramatically for the better, i.e. four (4) Grand Slam Championships, 1 Brier gold, 1 Brier silver, 2 Brier bronze, 1 world gold and 1 Olympic gold. Undoubtedly he was the elixir they had been seeking.

I think Kennedy could well be the Third they need now to win another Brier, World, and perhaps even another Olympic gold. But I don't have the same confidence I had when Fry rode into town.

03-23-19 05:49PM
alex is offline Click Here to See the Profile for alex Click here to Send alex a Private Message Find more posts by alex Add alex to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
alex
Swing Artist

They had more of a commitment from Fry. He did move to the Sault for several years and was more than just a hired gun for a while. Not sure this will be an improvement for team.

03-25-19 10:22AM
dugless_zone 13 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dugless_zone 13 Click here to Send dugless_zone 13 a Private Message Find more posts by dugless_zone 13 Add dugless_zone 13 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dugless_zone 13
Drawmaster

Had an interesting conversation in Sydney at the Scotties about the inmates in this asylum, and was hoping they would be in Brandon but the one thing I see here is they are doing nothing to disprove the asylum part.

03-25-19 12:06PM
Jayelle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jayelle Find more posts by Jayelle Add Jayelle to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jayelle
Harvey Hacksmasher

Any chance you guys could start a thread explicitly for bashing ? That way those of us who don’t want to scroll through pages of immature insults could actually find posts that pertain to the subject.

I realize it would be futile to ask that you think about your words before you hit post .

I’m interested in the team changes for 2019 but don’t have time to research it so I come to this thread to see what’s new. Unfortunately nothing is; just the same old posters acting worse than middle school kids.

Same for the women’s world thread. I spent the whole day in two different vets with my dog so couldn’t watch the final. I come here to check it out after a long worrying day to find pages of stupid posts from alleged adults.

03-25-19 05:39PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

Wonder if there’ll be anymore team changes or if that’s it for this year.

03-25-19 11:34PM
MeaghanEdwards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MeaghanEdwards Find more posts by MeaghanEdwards Add MeaghanEdwards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MeaghanEdwards
Drawmaster

Just because a team goes through a rough patch, doesn't mean they'll break up. I can see Einarson sticking together for a while.

2 Girls and a Game seemed to hint that perhaps Fry has found his team?

http://2girlsandagame.libsyn.com/wo...fyaUX5CMSOKKsJQ

03-26-19 07:33AM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by MeaghanEdwards
Just because a team goes through a rough patch, doesn't mean they'll break up. I can see Einarson sticking together for a while.

2 Girls and a Game seemed to hint that perhaps Fry has found his team?

http://2girlsandagame.libsyn.com/wo...fyaUX5CMSOKKsJQ

Just post the text,who wants to listen to a 30 minute podcast?

03-26-19 10:07AM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Drawmaster

Not me

03-26-19 11:43AM
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

It was over 90 minutes. I gave it a quick skim but the only mention of Ryan Fry and his new team was a 2 second mention there were rumblings of a team. No names no hints no nothing.

03-26-19 02:33PM
Western Newbie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Western Newbie Click here to Send Western Newbie a Private Message Find more posts by Western Newbie Add Western Newbie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Western Newbie
Hitting Paint

thanks for the update re fry and saving me 90 min.

03-27-19 06:37PM
MeaghanEdwards
Drawmaster

Team Blades

@TeamBladesCurl
17m17 minutes ago
More
We are excited to announce the Team Blades 2019-2020 lineup! We will have two new faces, Stephanie Atherton will be lead and Andrew Atherton will join us as Coach!

https://twitter.com/TeamBladesCurl/...031444787347456

Team Streifel

@TeamStreifel
2h2 hours ago
More
Kristen, Jolene and Dayna are excited to welcome Kelly Schafer to the team for next season!
https://twitter.com/TeamStreifel/st...029300830990336

Last edited by MeaghanEdwards on 03-27-19 at 08:03PM

03-28-19 07:11AM
Observer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Observer Find more posts by Observer Add Observer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Observer
Swing Artist

I, for one, was interested to hear that Kelly Schafer is returning to full time curling.

And the “2 Girls and a Game” podcast is an essential 90 minutes of my week.