CAN (Flemming) Final
USA (Farbelow) (8)
SWE (Wranaa) 11  Final
GER (Kapp) (8)
M: European Curling Championships C-Division
Dumfries, SCO
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: W1 -- Sun, Apr 28 -- 7:00pm GMT

Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 1 of 2 -- Go to: | 1 | 2 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
01-01-15 09:37PM
steveneger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steveneger Find more posts by steveneger Add steveneger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steveneger
Harvey Hacksmasher

US Open

I'm afraid the US is going to get sent home with their tails between their legs. Best chances for success IMO are Shuster and Brown. The US "A" team have been skidding by with luck so far. And why the hell is Dunnam in this? The first game will be 7-0 after 3 with a quick concession.

I'm picking Carruthers to win it all.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

01-02-15 01:20AM
tuck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tuck Click here to Send tuck a Private Message Find more posts by tuck Add tuck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tuck
Super Rockchucker

"Skidding by with luck so far"??? Didn't they just make the semifinals of a Slam? Didn't they get by Glenn Howard? True, I'm picking Carruthers as well...but you're stating things rather harshly.

Yes, some of our American teams are in over their heads this weekend; but that is their plan for getting better. Nothing can duplicate nor replace being on the ice with these great teams. If we start gathering quality fields like this on a regular basis, rising up in international play will soon follow.

Ben Tucker

01-02-15 10:04AM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

carruthers is a good pick but but i think stoughton, if he gets it together is the team to beat.

think laycock , casey and epping will also have good chances

mccormick is my dark horse pick even though, outside the slam he hasnt had that great a season.

i am interested to see what the young korey dropkin rink will do too. unfortunately hey probably landed in the strongest group. they would have had a better chance of surprising and perhaps qualifying in either of the other 2 goups

01-02-15 10:40AM
TNH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TNH Click here to Send TNH a Private Message Find more posts by TNH Add TNH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TNH
Hitting Paint

Streaming at www.tesn.us

Very nicely produced! Recognize Joe C's voice, don't know the other guy. Mikes are clearly picking up player conversations and video is quite sharp.

Nice job guys and happy to new year to all!

01-02-15 10:54AM
Gerry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gerry Click here to Send Gerry a Private Message Visit Gerry's homepage! Find more posts by Gerry Add Gerry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gerry
CZ Founder

Re: US Open

quote:
Originally posted by steveneger
I'm afraid the US is going to get sent home with their tails between their legs. Best chances for success IMO are Shuster and Brown. The US "A" team have been skidding by with luck so far. And why the hell is Dunnam in this? The first game will be 7-0 after 3 with a quick concession.

I'm picking Carruthers to win it all.

Dunnam is in the event because they signed up to play. They're in the event because they want to play on great ice against great teams to get better.

Please click on our sponsors' banners periodically, as visiting their sites helps keep CurlingZone.com Free!

01-02-15 11:09AM
jhcurl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jhcurl Click here to Send jhcurl a Private Message Visit jhcurl's homepage! Find more posts by jhcurl Add jhcurl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

Re: Streaming at www.tesn.us

quote:
Originally posted by TNH
Very nicely produced! Recognize Joe C's voice, don't know the other guy. Mikes are clearly picking up player conversations and video is quite sharp.

Nice job guys and happy to new year to all!

The other guy is Sean Murray aka the Punk, known on here as SPMfromPCC.

JH

01-02-15 12:04PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

and a terrible loss for jeff to start

01-02-15 12:12PM
TNH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TNH Click here to Send TNH a Private Message Find more posts by TNH Add TNH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TNH
Hitting Paint

Thanks JH. That would've been my guess, but I haven't talked with him since the Dykes several years ago and wasn't sure.

01-02-15 12:15PM
sbelvitch is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sbelvitch Click here to Send sbelvitch a Private Message Find more posts by sbelvitch Add sbelvitch to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sbelvitch
Knee-Slider

Ice looks good. Nice work Mr. Birr

01-02-15 12:41PM
SPMFromPCC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SPMFromPCC Click here to Send SPMFromPCC a Private Message Find more posts by SPMFromPCC Add SPMFromPCC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SPMFromPCC
Swing Artist

We drew about 150 viewers at maximum during our first broadcast. Hoping it only gets bigger from here on out!

To defend the Dunnam rink: they are fully well aware they're likely to take a beating, but they're also trying to get better. Playing events like this one are what you need to do to get better. Try not to be so insulting to young up-and-comers looking to improve.

01-02-15 01:31PM
NitDuck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for NitDuck Click here to Send NitDuck a Private Message Find more posts by NitDuck Add NitDuck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
NitDuck
Harvey Hacksmasher

A great event to start 2015 I would say. Some great teams are entered and we should see some outstanding games over the weekend. For those interested, I have posted a blog on my preview and predictions for the event. Seems I have a bit of a different outlook than a few of you providing comments on here. Take a read though and let me know what you think:

#TwineTime Previews the US Open of Curling

Rocks will Reign Down in Blaine....but who will have the stones to take home the gold?

01-02-15 07:41PM
5thstone is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 5thstone Find more posts by 5thstone Add 5thstone to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
5thstone
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by misty1
and a terrible loss for jeff to start

Trevor Bonot (the team that Stoughton lost to) is giving Reid Carruthers some trouble. I didn't see that coming. It looks pretty safe that Stoughton will beat Brady Clark.

01-03-15 12:17PM
dbsdbs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dbsdbs Click here to Send dbsdbs a Private Message Find more posts by dbsdbs Add dbsdbs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dbsdbs
Drawmaster

Entertaining game between Shuster and McCormick. But seems like there were a lot of missed shots on both sides. USA still not ready to compete on world stage.

01-03-15 02:53PM
TNH
Hitting Paint

Must've been lots of missed shots by good teams. Happens sometimes. Blaine was Upset City this morning as Epping, Farbelow, and Laycock all went down before the last rock was thrown!

Shout out to the USOpen of Curling team for this event! Great idea to catch a gap in the WCT schedule and the need for top teams to get a tune-up before provincials/nationals. Plus, following the streams has saved my sanity this long weekend . Well done and a good start to a new curling holiday tradition!

01-03-15 03:02PM
dbsdbs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dbsdbs Click here to Send dbsdbs a Private Message Find more posts by dbsdbs Add dbsdbs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dbsdbs
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by TNH

Shout out to the USOpen of Curling team for this event! Great idea to catch a gap in the WCT schedule and the need for top teams to get a tune-up before provincials/nationals. Plus, following the streams has saved my sanity this long weekend . Well done and a good start to a new curling holiday tradition!

Worth repeating. And shout out to TESN for job well done. Sean Murray was especially good on the play call. Enjoyed watching and listening.

01-03-15 08:24PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

Huge win for jeff over carruthers tonight to keep his playoff hopes alive. also maybe a little mental boost of confidence heading into the safeway championships soon, knowing he beat one of the favorites

01-04-15 12:45AM
steveneger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steveneger Find more posts by steveneger Add steveneger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steveneger
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by tuck
"Skidding by with luck so far"??? Didn't they just make the semifinals of a Slam? Didn't they get by Glenn Howard? True, I'm picking Carruthers as well...but you're stating things rather harshly.

Yes, some of our American teams are in over their heads this weekend; but that is their plan for getting better. Nothing can duplicate nor replace being on the ice with these great teams. If we start gathering quality fields like this on a regular basis, rising up in international play will soon follow.

Ben Tucker

Come on Tuck. They won a game against Howard. Congrats to them. But a pitiful performance from the so-called "A" HPP US Team. Completely outclassed.

What teams have you been watching? The US teams are not good.

As I suspected, Brown or Shuster had the best chance. Good luck to Brownie in the playoffs. The American hopes ride on his 8th seed.

01-04-15 12:46AM
steveneger
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by SPMFromPCC
We drew about 150 viewers at maximum during our first broadcast. Hoping it only gets bigger from here on out!

To defend the Dunnam rink: they are fully well aware they're likely to take a beating, but they're also trying to get better. Playing events like this one are what you need to do to get better. Try not to be so insulting to young up-and-comers looking to improve.

I'll give you this. They ponied up the $1,100 to play. Hope it was worth it.

01-04-15 12:47AM
steveneger
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by dbsdbs
USA still not ready to compete on world stage.

^^^ THIS. TRUTH.

01-04-15 12:49AM
steveneger
Harvey Hacksmasher

And please stop putting your faith in Korey Dropkin. Garbage team. He won some games against other junior teams. Doesn't mean he's anywhere close to being good.

01-04-15 09:52AM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

i see more and more tiebreakers are being done away with. thats not something i think is right

01-04-15 04:00PM
jhcurl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jhcurl Click here to Send jhcurl a Private Message Visit jhcurl's homepage! Find more posts by jhcurl Add jhcurl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by misty1
i see more and more tiebreakers are being done away with. thats not something i think is right

For non-cash events, I agree. For cash events, need to get the event done so teams have a chance to get home/work. Disappointed the WCF decided on only one round of tiebreakers. Teams can now be eliminated without playing. I think also the reason they changed the DSC rules as well with two for each game and the entire team has to do draws. There was a concept of no tiebreakers at all, just using the TB rules including DSC to eliminate all teams. That would not have made sense to me.

JH

01-05-15 07:56AM
AlanMacNeill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AlanMacNeill Click here to Send AlanMacNeill a Private Message Find more posts by AlanMacNeill Add AlanMacNeill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AlanMacNeill
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by steveneger
And please stop putting your faith in Korey Dropkin. Garbage team. He won some games against other junior teams. Doesn't mean he's anywhere close to being good.

Dude, he's a Junior Curler capable of at least putting up a fight on the World Stage at a Senior level. Yes, he is getting beat, but he's rarely getting crushed.

Assuming he doesn't burn out (and, unfortunately, the USCA Junior program as currently ongoing gives that about a 70% chance of happening...), he's going to be ready in 7 years, which is the target.

01-05-15 01:02PM
tuck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tuck Click here to Send tuck a Private Message Find more posts by tuck Add tuck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tuck
Super Rockchucker

Garbage team??? Steve, are you a jerk or just write in an opinionated style?

That young team has won a Men's event, cashed in a couple of others and did EXTREMELY well in two Canadian junior events. Are they serious contenders for the World Junior podium? That can fairly be a matter of opinion. My opinion is that they most certainly are contenders. But a garbage team? That is not a matter of opinion. You, sir, are flatout wrong.

Ben Tucker

01-06-15 09:25AM
TakeItOut! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TakeItOut! Click here to Send TakeItOut! a Private Message Visit TakeItOut!'s homepage! Find more posts by TakeItOut! Add TakeItOut! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TakeItOut!
Hitting Paint

What a final!!

SPOILERS!!!!

If you haven't seeen the last shots of the final of the event, go back to tesn.us (Four Seasons CC page.... shameess plug) and look then come back... I'll provide some space as to not give anything away.
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/

With Laycock's shot stone not in the four foot and another counter in the 12 foot... what does everyone think of Reid final shot? I was frankly stunned in the booth that he picked the hit rather than the draw and that he took so little time to decide.

BTW... I want to thank Sean Murray for lending his voice to the broadcast. He's super smart and did his homework on teams. While I hope I see him in Kalamazoo next month as a player, he's really growing as a commentator. Overall, it was a successful trip for TESN. Over 12,000 views. Over 650 at the same time at the peak of the final. Exposed the brand to Canadian viewers. Thanks to John Benton for making it possible for BA and I to make the trip.