M: USA Curling Under-5 National Championship
Chaska, MN
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: CF -- Sun, Apr 28 -- 1:00pm CT
Mellin 11  8th
Meyer  Watch Live Curling!
Rose Final
Bliven (6) Watch Live Curling!
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > 2016 Canadian Mixed Doubles Championship

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 1 of 3 -- Go to: | 1 | 2 | 3 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
03-30-16 08:09AM
HotRocks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HotRocks Find more posts by HotRocks Add HotRocks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HotRocks
Drawmaster

2016 Canadian Mixed Doubles Championship

quote:
With mixed doubles now having Olympic medal status, many of the sports top Canadian stars have added it to their repertoire.
Thats reflected in the deep field that will take to the ice in Saskatoon.
Notable entries include the pairings of Rachel Homan and Mark Nichols, Lisa Weagle and John Epping, Mike and Dawn McEwen,
Emma Miskew and Ryan Fry, Joanne Courtney and Reid Carruthers, Chelsea Carey and Colin Hodgson,
Jocelyn Peterman and Brett Gallant, Stefanie Lawton and Steve Laycock, and defending champs Charley Thomas and Kalynn Park.

For the first time in the history of the Canadian Mixed Doubles Championship, the event will be streamed live.

Event website

www.curling.ca/2016mixeddoubles/ , to access the streaming link.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

03-30-16 11:34AM
Three is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Three Click here to Send Three a Private Message Find more posts by Three Add Three to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Three
Swing Artist

I'm surprised TSN would not carry the semi-finals and finals this year in some fashion. I bet the ratings would be more than good enough. Only a matter of time before this happens for sure.

Interesting to note that all four Team Homan members are competing and that Rachel hooked up with Mark Nichols since Morris is injured.

03-30-16 06:38PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Three
I'm surprised TSN would not carry the semi-finals and finals this year in some fashion. I bet the ratings would be more than good enough. Only a matter of time before this happens for sure.

Interesting to note that all four Team Homan members are competing and that Rachel hooked up with Mark Nichols since Morris is injured.

Guess the future Mr Homan is not as good a curler as Mark.

03-31-16 09:51AM
HotRocks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HotRocks Find more posts by HotRocks Add HotRocks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HotRocks
Drawmaster

Bettter for Rachel

Glad to see RH teamed up with top third Mark Nichols..

They start Today... 9:30am ET

Top Teams... TEAM TOP 5 RESULTS..(CTRS and MD EVENTS)

Rachel Homan/Mark Nichols......182.87
Lisa Weagle/John Epping.....; 173.42
Dawn McEwen/Mike McEwen ......166.01
Joanne Courtney/Reid Carruthers ..164.41

Emma Miskew/Ryan Fry ........149.15
Kalynn Park/Charley Thomas .....146.93
Jocelyn Peterman/Brett Gallant.... 131.07
Laura Crocker/Geoff Walker......126.32
Chelsea Carey/Colin Hodgson.... 122.18

03-31-16 09:57AM
Brushing is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Brushing Find more posts by Brushing Add Brushing to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Brushing
Harvey Hacksmasher

anyone have a direct stream link? I don't see it on the CC youtube page.

03-31-16 10:28AM
Gerry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gerry Click here to Send Gerry a Private Message Visit Gerry's homepage! Find more posts by Gerry Add Gerry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gerry
CZ Founder

quote:
Originally posted by Brushing
anyone have a direct stream link? I don't see it on the CC youtube page.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GULVXxeUkI

Please click on our sponsors' banners periodically, as visiting their sites helps keep CurlingZone.com Free!

03-31-16 10:48AM
Brushing is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Brushing Find more posts by Brushing Add Brushing to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Brushing
Harvey Hacksmasher

Thanks, Gerry! You're the best!

03-31-16 01:54PM
rtcurl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rtcurl Click here to Send rtcurl a Private Message Find more posts by rtcurl Add rtcurl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rtcurl
Harvey Hacksmasher

Excellent coverage of this event on YouTube...

https://www.youtube.com/user/ccacurling

Glad the CC organizers got the CurlSask broadcasting team together to do this event... Great camera angles and announcers! All on YouTube commercial free!

Whatever you think of Mixed Doubles... it's a 2018 Olympic medal event in Korea... Lot's of great talented curlers on the rosters competing...

Last edited by rtcurl on 03-31-16 at 01:58PM

03-31-16 04:11PM
HotRocks
Drawmaster

Weagle-Epping

rolling over other Teams..

03-31-16 08:25PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

All the links to streaming listed above do not seem to go to the live stream. What am I doing wrong? tried Gerrys tried cca
Just old games.

03-31-16 08:47PM
maybo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for maybo Visit maybo's homepage! Find more posts by maybo Add maybo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
maybo
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by decade
All the links to streaming listed above do not seem to go to the live stream. What am I doing wrong? tried Gerrys tried cca
Just old games.

Seems to work for me. Currently watching 2nd end of Peterson/Gallant vs. Browne/Kaeser. Try the link on the first post of this thread and when presented with options, click on "live." Good luck!

Last edited by maybo on 03-31-16 at 08:58PM

03-31-16 08:57PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by maybo

Seems to work for me. Currently watching 2nd end of Peterson/Gallant vs. Browne/Kaeser..

Who ever is doing the scoring has it mixed up. Peterman/Gallant are leading....not the other team.

03-31-16 09:04PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

Fixed but might be good to move to a closer game...

03-31-16 09:29PM
decade
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by maybo

Seems to work for me. Currently watching 2nd end of Peterson/Gallant vs. Browne/Kaeser. Try the link on the first post of this thread and when presented with options, click on "live." Good luck!

Got it now. Thanks . Think maybe there were no games on when I tried- forgot SK 2 hrs behind now.

03-31-16 11:12PM
ott-am is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ott-am Click here to Send ott-am a Private Message Find more posts by ott-am Add ott-am to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ott-am
Swing Artist

looks like they are not streaming the late game.

03-31-16 11:32PM
PeelOfShame is offline Click Here to See the Profile for PeelOfShame Click here to Send PeelOfShame a Private Message Find more posts by PeelOfShame Add PeelOfShame to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PeelOfShame
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by ott-am
looks like they are not streaming the late game.

They are. They joined in the second end - watching it now in the third end.

04-01-16 10:14AM
MCC_PE is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MCC_PE Click here to Send MCC_PE a Private Message Find more posts by MCC_PE Add MCC_PE to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MCC_PE
Hitting Paint

Lawes is/was partnered with Kennedy who, like Laing, is also busy in Basel.

04-01-16 11:14AM
Rock Your World is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rock Your World Click here to Send Rock Your World a Private Message Find more posts by Rock Your World Add Rock Your World to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rock Your World
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
I like it that all members of one of Canada's (and the worlds) top teams - Team Homan are all playing this event.

Don't like 3 of the 4 JJ team members aren't - but I understand why JJ herself isn't - she's pregnant and possibly shut down for the season, also Jilly is 41 and she's not the most exceptional trick-shot shooter. Don't understand why 27 yr old Kaitlyn Lawes isn't there.

Other notables missing:

Jenn Hanna
Krista McCarville
Ashley Maharaj
Selena Kaatz
Kelly Scott (possibly too old, can't brush)
Val Sweetings entire team (playing in Perth Ladies Pro)
Kendra Lilly
Sherri Singler (age?)
Beth Iskiw

any others I missed?

Once again you post is filled with errors... Did you not watch the 2016 STOH finals or any games Northern Ontario played in.. Ashley Sippala is her name not Ashley Miharija

Sherri Singler is the same age as your precious Jenny and she is a front end player why you think Sheris age is a reason she is not at this event is sheer ignorance..

Kelly Scott is 3 years younger than your precious Jenny..

04-01-16 11:25AM
biterbar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for biterbar Click here to Send biterbar a Private Message Find more posts by biterbar Add biterbar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
biterbar
Drawmaster

Can't force myself to watch this form of "curling". Just watched Coleen Jones and Sherri Anderson battle it out to the last rock at the Canadian Senior Women's championship. Two fantastic teams that would serve Canada well at the worlds.

So much more entertaining than this abomination. Obviously there are no rules at all when it comes to sweeping, snowplowing and dumping.

04-01-16 12:22PM
biterbar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for biterbar Click here to Send biterbar a Private Message Find more posts by biterbar Add biterbar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
biterbar
Drawmaster

Ok, last post.

Just wanted to point out there is fabulous coverage of the Canadian Seniors streaming, professional production work and some of the great shot making by some of Canadians best 50 plus curlers.

No one here even started a thread on the subject.

04-01-16 12:34PM
HotRocks
Drawmaster

LIVE streaming.. Mixed Dbls...

Several Matches going on daily..

Excellent battles between Elite curlers...

check the live streaming tab at the top of this page

http://www.curling.ca/2016mixeddoubles/

04-01-16 05:04PM
PeelOfShame is offline Click Here to See the Profile for PeelOfShame Click here to Send PeelOfShame a Private Message Find more posts by PeelOfShame Add PeelOfShame to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PeelOfShame
Harvey Hacksmasher

Re: LIVE streaming.. Mixed Dbls...

quote:
Originally posted by HotRocks
Several Matches going on daily..

One of the good things about watching Mixed Doubles - lots of games to watch in a short period of time...

One of the bad things about playing the format, though - means more games in a single day...

04-02-16 03:52PM
ott-am is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ott-am Click here to Send ott-am a Private Message Find more posts by ott-am Add ott-am to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ott-am
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by biterbar
Ok, last post.

Just wanted to point out there is fabulous coverage of the Canadian Seniors streaming, professional production work and some of the great shot making by some of Canadians best 50 plus curlers.

No one here even started a thread on the subject.

I know this is the wrong thread, but I have been searching for a streaming link to the Seniors, but cannot find one.

04-02-16 04:05PM
HotRocks
Drawmaster

Streaming... Seniors.. Digby NS

quote:
Originally posted by ott-am
I know this is the wrong thread, but I have been searching for a streaming link to the Seniors, but cannot find one.

http://player.communitylive.ca/Player/Player/80

04-02-16 04:12PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

lots of top teams here..i was wrong. pulling for epping/weagle here.

seniors note: deja-vu in the womens final. colleen jones v.s sherry anderson. wouldnt mind seeing sherry finally get to rep this country but i have to hope for colleen primarily.