M: USA Curling Under-5 National Championship
Chaska, MN
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: CF -- Sun, Apr 28 -- 1:00pm CT
Mellin 11  8th
Meyer  Watch Live Curling!
Rose Final
Bliven (6) Watch Live Curling!
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 8 of 16 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
01-12-16 09:49AM
Gerry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gerry Click here to Send Gerry a Private Message Visit Gerry's homepage! Find more posts by Gerry Add Gerry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gerry
CZ Founder

Re: streaming coverage

quote:
Originally posted by Geeza
I am wondering if games from the Ontario Scotties will be streamed here. I don't have Rogers. Any other TV viewing available? Thanks!

There wont be any alternate streaming from the Rogers coverage as their content can also be streamed through their Anywhere TV coverage. For Rogers, this is the reason they cover events like this for exclusivity.

Your best bet will be to find a friend with Rogers who's willing to share their login with you to let you watch the curling.

Please click on our sponsors' banners periodically, as visiting their sites helps keep CurlingZone.com Free!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

01-17-16 05:59AM
HotRocks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HotRocks Find more posts by HotRocks Add HotRocks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HotRocks
Drawmaster

Ontario Scotties

RR Draw Schedule starts Mon Jan 18..

https://2016ontarioscotties.com/scores.html

01-17-16 08:49AM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

defending mens champion of ontario, Mark Kean is eliminated in the challenge round. thats got to hurt, i feel for mark.

01-17-16 08:51AM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

Re: Ontario Scotties

quote:
Originally posted by HotRocks
RR Draw Schedule starts Mon Jan 18..

https://2016ontarioscotties.com/scores.html

rough draw for sherry. she has a lot of the contenders early on. then ends with homan. she'll need to have a good record going into that.

01-17-16 10:36AM
number 1 fan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for number 1 fan Click here to Send number 1 fan a Private Message Find more posts by number 1 fan Add number 1 fan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
number 1 fan
Knee-Slider

Ontario has a great field in this years Scotties.

01-17-16 11:38AM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

Re: Re: Re: Ontario Scotties

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend

Neither here nor there. Sherry, like about 3 other contenders is just after a spot in the playoff round next weekend.

Nobody will admit it, especially Sherry but 1st place pretty much conceded to Homan.

the beauty about this sport, as with any other is that you dont know what happens until you play and thats why you play. certainly rachel is the heavy favorite and it'll be a shock if she doesnt win but her win is not a guarantee. if you go in thinking like that you might as well not even play

01-17-16 11:50AM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

Re: Re: Re: Re: Ontario Scotties

quote:
Originally posted by misty1

the beauty about this sport, as with any other is that you dont know what happens until you play and thats why you play. certainly rachel is the heavy favorite and it'll be a shock if she doesnt win but her win is not a guarantee. if you go in thinking like that you might as well not even play

Exactly! Curling club ice is quite a bit different from arena ice even though I know Brampton will do a great job. So sometimes you can see the elites struggle. One the reasons the OCA is merging the men & women championships so the women can play on arena ice.

01-17-16 12:02PM
HotRocks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HotRocks Find more posts by HotRocks Add HotRocks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HotRocks
Drawmaster

Ontario- Homan's to Lose

quote:
Neither here nor there. Sherry, like about 3 other contenders is just after a spot in the playoff round next weekend.
Nobody will admit it, especially Sherry but 1st place pretty much conceded to Homan.

Homan wasnt in last years ON Scotties
Sherry[ OOM 8) couldnt get by Julie Hastings (OOM 21) ..

Is her Team stronger this year?.. dont think so..

BTW- That Brampton Club has good ice... not an issue..

Last edited by HotRocks on 01-17-16 at 02:39PM

01-17-16 02:37PM
Radio-Man is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Radio-Man Click here to Send Radio-Man a Private Message Find more posts by Radio-Man Add Radio-Man to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Radio-Man
Swing Artist

I think Homan finishes at 7-2 or 6-3. Don't seem to be at the top of their game at the moment. The fact that the team is playing in a legitimate event as opposed to glorified exhibitions may bring their laser sharp game back.

"It means that I'm not the Samaritan. That I'm not the priest, or the Levite. That I am the ill intent...who set upon the traveler on a road that he should not have been on."

01-17-16 02:45PM
HotRocks
Drawmaster

assumptions.. ^^^^^

There is nothing wrong with Team Homan's Game.. $157,254 to date

They beat the World Champ last night with only 1 point as reward

----------------
re: glorified exhibitions

I was happy to see all these world-class curlers actually enjoying an event...
laughing and Group high-fives with usual competitors.

WFG is an outstanding huge curling sponsor..
if they and the other big bucks want to entertain
with top athletes.. then good on them...

Last edited by HotRocks on 01-17-16 at 02:49PM

01-17-16 02:53PM
Radio-Man is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Radio-Man Click here to Send Radio-Man a Private Message Find more posts by Radio-Man Add Radio-Man to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Radio-Man
Swing Artist

Arguably two of their worst games of the year happened in the last two events (Skins and first game V Muirhead). It's natural that they fall off a bit given the historic run they've been on, but now the real work starts to kick off the second half of their season.

"It means that I'm not the Samaritan. That I'm not the priest, or the Levite. That I am the ill intent...who set upon the traveler on a road that he should not have been on."

01-17-16 03:24PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

Re: hilarious... ^^^^

quote:
Originally posted by HotRocks
Homan never lost a game at the Cont Cup.. so if thats her worst..

you dont have to snap at someone every time someone on here says a team didnt play their best, its not an insult or slag at them. and he didnt say that it was their worst possible they could play, just that they didnt look quite as sharp in those 2 games. which, i think is fair. they did look pretty good against paetz though

01-17-16 03:57PM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLER1
Super Rockchucker

I don't think Sherry will have her regular team either as Lee
Merklinger is pregnant.

01-17-16 04:04PM
HotRocks
Drawmaster

PEI Scotties - big surprise

Birt wins both A and B sections at PEI Scotties

Suzanne Birt, playing with a new team this year, has greatly increased her chances to repeat
as PEI Scotties champion, after winning the B section final of the modified triple knockout draw Sat evening at the Montague Curling Rink.
She did NOT win the C ( today) so she will have a “double life” in the Monday round, taking the title if she wins either game, while her opponent would have to win both.

01-17-16 09:45PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by misty1
defending mens champion of ontario, Mark Kean is eliminated in the challenge round. thats got to hurt, i feel for mark.

Last years team did not jump ship for no reason.

01-17-16 10:55PM
Gerry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gerry Click here to Send Gerry a Private Message Visit Gerry's homepage! Find more posts by Gerry Add Gerry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gerry
CZ Founder

quote:
Originally posted by decade

Last years team did not jump ship for no reason.

Think that's quite unfair. Last year's team struggled early and chemistry issues created a divide within the team that couldn't be saved with a trip to the Brier.

Mark is a great player and took a team of inexperienced players out on Tour and had a decent season. While I know he wanted more, there's some potential with that team as they learn the game.

Please click on our sponsors' banners periodically, as visiting their sites helps keep CurlingZone.com Free!

01-17-16 11:00PM
NitDuck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for NitDuck Click here to Send NitDuck a Private Message Find more posts by NitDuck Add NitDuck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
NitDuck
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by Gerry

Think that's quite unfair. Last year's team struggled early and chemistry issues created a divide within the team that couldn't be saved with a trip to the Brier.

Mark is a great player and took a team of inexperienced players out on Tour and had a decent season. While I know he wanted more, there's some potential with that team as they learn the game.

I agree with Gerry. Why are we making negative assumptions of teams/players when we don't know the inside details. Keaner is an outstanding stand up guy who had a tough season with a new team. Let's not cruxify him because he didn't repeat the Brier appearance of a year ago.

01-18-16 07:33AM
Claire Marie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Claire Marie Click here to Send Claire Marie a Private Message Find more posts by Claire Marie Add Claire Marie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Claire Marie
Harvey Hacksmasher

Regardless of what happened this year, I'm sure we'll be seeing Mr. Kean again. He's young and his team is young. They'll be back in coming years if they stick with it.

01-18-16 09:32AM
Keaner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Keaner Click here to Send Keaner a Private Message Find more posts by Keaner Add Keaner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Keaner
Harvey Hacksmasher

To be comepletely honest and you can ask last years team if you want. Dave left because he wanted to move out east. Pretty simple there. Mat left for the money, it's pretty clear that Epping has more sponsorship than I do. Unfortunately that's the reality of the game these days. The young teams are going to continue to have a tougher and tougher time competing with the top teams who are able to find those elusive sponsors. Of course going to a Brier is an excellent addition to a sponsorship package and I would have liked to been able to take full advantage of having time to market our team. Finally Scott left to play with his Dad. So yes the team left, but you can ask them if it was because of me or outside things. I just explained what the answer will be. At the end of the day I got screwed for this season because the timing was terrible for finding a team with points and most guys were already committed to teams in early April. I lost the bye to provincials, spots in many of the Slams, and sponsorship that was harder to find with an 'unproven team'. Not saying my guys aren't talented players, but experience wise this years team wasn't the same as the Tankard winning team. We played a lot, won some big games, but lost a lot as well. It's unfortunate, but I've been through it before. You pay your dues and move forward. Young teams take longer to figure it out.

There are a lot of players who would call it quits after a season like this. You reach a career milestone, are ready to build on it, and then a week later it all comes crashing down. Don't get me wrong I've thought about stepping back this season. I've thought about dialling it back and playing less, but that's not me. I'll be back next season better than ever. And hopefully with more sponsorship so I don't become the farm team for Epping.

01-18-16 09:40AM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by Keaner
To be comepletely honest and you can ask last years team if you want. Dave left because he wanted to move out east. Pretty simple there. Mat left for the money, it's pretty clear that Epping has more sponsorship than I do. Unfortunately that's the reality of the game these days. The young teams are going to continue to have a tougher and tougher time competing with the top teams who are able to find those elusive sponsors. Of course going to a Brier is an excellent addition to a sponsorship package and I would have liked to been able to take full advantage of having time to market our team. Finally Scott left to play with his Dad. So yes the team left, but you can ask them if it was because of me or outside things. I just explained what the answer will be. At the end of the day I got screwed for this season because the timing was terrible for finding a team with points and most guys were already committed to teams in early April. I lost the bye to provincials, spots in many of the Slams, and sponsorship that was harder to find with an 'unproven team'. Not saying my guys aren't talented players, but experience wise this years team wasn't the same as the Tankard winning team. We played a lot, won some big games, but lost a lot as well. It's unfortunate, but I've been through it before. You pay your dues and move forward. Young teams take longer to figure it out.

There are a lot of players who would call it quits after a season like this. You reach a career milestone, are ready to build on it, and then a week later it all comes crashing down. Don't get me wrong I've thought about stepping back this season. I've thought about dialling it back and playing less, but that's not me. I'll be back next season better than ever. And hopefully with more sponsorship so I don't become the farm team for Epping.

I appreciate you posting on here Mark. I know you'll be back. I am sorry you couldnt make it back there this year to try and defend your title. Wish you all the best next season

01-18-16 09:45AM
Rock Your World is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rock Your World Click here to Send Rock Your World a Private Message Find more posts by Rock Your World Add Rock Your World to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rock Your World
Swing Artist

Mark it is understandable your frustration and I don't disagree with anything you said I just don't think your candor helps you out although you were very candid about your feelings last year when your team broke up.. But then again us curling fans do like you're not sugarcoating anything and giving us the honest goods

01-18-16 10:11AM
Keaner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Keaner Click here to Send Keaner a Private Message Find more posts by Keaner Add Keaner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Keaner
Harvey Hacksmasher

I don't expect me posting the honest truth to help me out, but it won't hurt me either. I'm simply stating the known facts.

01-18-16 10:19AM
Rock Your World is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rock Your World Click here to Send Rock Your World a Private Message Find more posts by Rock Your World Add Rock Your World to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rock Your World
Swing Artist

quote:

Always great to have one of our most talented campaigners post their thoughts about their curling world and curling in general. Thanks for that Mark.

Questions: (if you care to answer)

1. Would you consider playing out of province (ie. Quebec or Maritimes) now that Epping is pretty much established as the next Ontario super-team?
Should note some amazing names have rolled thru multiple provinces (to name a few - Rick Rolk, Pat Ryan, Jon Mead, Pat Simmons, Jimmy Ursel, Johnny Mo, Grant Watson, Harvey Mazinke, many more)

2. Would you consider bringing in experienced game-tested hands like McEwens' group (especially if they go their separate ways if this season corrupts again)?

3. From a province over but heavily involved in curling how do you explain a group of machines like McEwen not being able to burst thru, Mike no win his mid-30s?

Epping is the next Ontario super team ? lol are you kidding Epping hasn't even made it to a brier yet way way premature to call his team super.. Do you not realize you have insulted Mark with what you are saying.

Last edited by Rock Your World on 01-18-16 at 10:23AM

01-18-16 10:46AM
Keaner
Harvey Hacksmasher

1) I would consider playing out of province, but not for the reason you mentioned. If an opportunity came along that made sense I would definitely consider it. I also don't need to skip. I would play wherever I'm needed and think I can make a difference for the team.

2) I'd be stupid not to.

3) It's simple. Much like Ontario, Manitoba is a tough province to get out of. It's only surprising that they haven't got out yet, because of the outstanding seasons they've had. It's only a matter of time.

And yes Epping has had a great run lately, but I wouldn't call them a super team just yet. Look at the results of the early season for them. Then think about John's seasons in the past. He has a tendency to get really hot or really cold. Not saying the winning isn't here to stay, but it's still premature to suggest that.

01-18-16 10:52AM
HotRocks
Drawmaster

PEI Scotties

Trouble for Suzanne Birt.. with 57-year old skip Kim Dolan leading in the best of 2 final with her

That famous McPhee rivalry in the mix Robyn third for Birt
Rebecca.. third for Dolan.. bet this goes right to the wire..