Johnson Final
Holme (8)
M: Mexican Mixed Doubles Championship
Vancouver, CAN
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 2 -- Fri, Apr 26 -- 6:00pm PT
Serr/Tomp Final
Quin/Abre (7) Watch Live Curling!
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > 2015 Scotties Tournament of Hearts

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 8 of 22 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
02-16-15 09:49PM
JB42 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JB42 Click here to Send JB42 a Private Message Find more posts by JB42 Add JB42 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JB42
Drawmaster

Classic difference. Rachel admits we should have let that go,

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

02-16-15 09:57PM
JB42 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JB42 Click here to Send JB42 a Private Message Find more posts by JB42 Add JB42 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JB42
Drawmaster

Could be game over.

02-16-15 09:59PM
curlky is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlky Click here to Send curlky a Private Message Find more posts by curlky Add curlky to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlky
Drawmaster

So in the 6th end, with Homan's first skips rock, she came around the guard and hit Jones stone. I saw Jones doing something that I thought was not allowed. Have I been wrong all along? Her stone was stationary, and she started sweeping her stone, so that once it started to move, the ice was already swept to allow for more movement. I thought the rule was that you could not sweep a stationary stone, that you had to wait for it to move first, and then you could sweep the moving stone. Please help me learn the rule here as I am a newish inexperienced skip.

02-16-15 09:59PM
JB42
Drawmaster

Team Manitoba is looking real solid. It's a question of whether the best QB can beat the better team at this point. So far MB is totally in control

02-16-15 10:03PM
JB42
Drawmaster

Nice job on TSN with setting up the long term rivalry between the two. The only monkey wrench is how good Sweeting is.

02-16-15 10:07PM
JB42
Drawmaster

So good, Nose hit kills the end.

02-16-15 10:08PM
JB42
Drawmaster

Ouch.

02-16-15 10:10PM
JB42
Drawmaster

Oops. Three suddenly on the table

02-16-15 10:11PM
JB42
Drawmaster

Brutal miss. Failed to remember the 'crispiness' is gone.

02-16-15 10:20PM
JB42
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by curlky
So in the 6th end, with Homan's first skips rock, she came around the guard and hit Jones stone. I saw Jones doing something that I thought was not allowed. Have I been wrong all along? Her stone was stationary, and she started sweeping her stone, so that once it started to move, the ice was already swept to allow for more movement. I thought the rule was that you could not sweep a stationary stone, that you had to wait for it to move first, and then you could sweep the moving stone. Please help me learn the rule here as I am a newish inexperienced skip.

As far as the competitive side of the curling is concerned, "Don't worry about it." is the correct answer. The only way you can distinguish yourself on this question is by trying to call someone on it. Nobody at the competitive level cares. And for good reason. The difference is so minuscule as to not worry about it.

02-16-15 10:28PM
JB42
Drawmaster

Not easy if she makes it she deserves the win.

02-16-15 10:29PM
curlky is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlky Click here to Send curlky a Private Message Find more posts by curlky Add curlky to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlky
Drawmaster

I understand the difference is miniscule, maybe 1/8 of an inch. But my question is about the rules, and what is the rule. I don't care who wins, and i don't want to call anyone out, just learn.

02-16-15 10:30PM
JB42
Drawmaster

Aye there's the rub. The game is still afoot.

02-16-15 10:33PM
JB42
Drawmaster

Re Sweeping Question

send me an email and I will ensure you get the correct answer to your question. Curling is nothing if it is not FOI.

02-16-15 10:36PM
JB42
Drawmaster

Dawn McEwen is a god

02-16-15 10:39PM
JB42
Drawmaster

Women's curling is more interesting cause there is a limit to there 'rocket' speed.

02-16-15 10:42PM
JB42
Drawmaster

Rachel was being too democratic there.

02-16-15 10:48PM
JB42
Drawmaster

The woman's game has become more interesting because of its lesser perfection.

Last edited by JB42 on 02-16-15 at 10:50PM

02-16-15 11:04PM
JB42
Drawmaster

Brilliant call. Advances the women's game

02-16-15 11:07PM
JB42
Drawmaster

Rich weighs in and contradicts Russ.

02-16-15 11:11PM
JB42
Drawmaster

This is this the dividing epoch for the runback

02-16-15 11:13PM
JB42
Drawmaster

If it runs she's cooked

02-16-15 11:15PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

I've got JB on ignore, but the site still informs me of new posts. Is there a way to remedy this?

02-16-15 11:16PM
JB42
Drawmaster

Has the pin. On we go.

02-16-15 11:31PM
dbsdbs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dbsdbs Click here to Send dbsdbs a Private Message Find more posts by dbsdbs Add dbsdbs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dbsdbs
Drawmaster

How many times out are teams allowed? Seems like Richard Hart has made more appearances than coaches in prior years?