Rose Final
Bliven (6) Watch Live Curling!
M: Mexican Mixed Doubles Championship
Vancouver, CAN
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 6 -- Sun, Apr 28 -- 9:30am PT
Pere/Cohe Final
Quin/Abre (7)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > Tours, Events and Major Championships > Playdowns > 2012 World Women's Curling Championship

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 11 of 27 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
03-19-12 04:36PM
wakwak is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wakwak Click here to Send wakwak a Private Message Find more posts by wakwak Add wakwak to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wakwak
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered
Decision time for Czech: Try to go for 6 or be content with the 3 ...

5 ain't all that bad... Czechs up 5-0 on Canada... oyy

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

03-19-12 04:43PM
Sean is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sean Find more posts by Sean Add Sean to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sean
Administrator

I wonder when was the last time that Canada gave up a 5-ender at the Worlds in men or women...

That end was full of mistakes, by both sides, yet the Czechs score their five. If Canada raises their level of play by at least 30%, you never know.

03-19-12 04:49PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

This is going to be a messy game

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.77.253.19

03-19-12 04:50PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

The czechs sure are being friendly

03-19-12 04:56PM
Sean is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sean Find more posts by Sean Add Sean to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sean
Administrator

wow, it turns out Linda Klimova was named after Linda Moore!

03-19-12 04:58PM
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by ObsessiveCurler
I wonder when was the last time that Canada gave up a 5-ender at the Worlds in men or women...

That end was full of mistakes, by both sides, yet the Czechs score their five. If Canada raises their level of play by at least 30%, you never know.

The biggest house against Canada that I remember from recent years was a 4-ender by the Dupont-Sisters against Kelly Scott. It was a steal of 4, following a steal of 3 or something.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 141.35.14.250

03-19-12 05:06PM
Unregistered

Oh, and, of course, there was the horrible Paisley Worlds.

Jones got completely destroyed by Kelly Wood, giving up after with a 5-ender in the 6th or 7th.

Later Jones got butchered by Nordby, even though it was only for 3 3-enders in one game in the play-offs.

Before that, Nordby handed Jones a 5-ender in the RR but still lost the game.

03-19-12 05:19PM
jonren is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jonren Click here to Send jonren a Private Message Find more posts by jonren Add jonren to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jonren
Harvey Hacksmasher

Well so much for the 5 point lead...

I find Heather's team very patient and although I'm not watching on TV I bet they weren't too panicked after the 5 knowing there are plenty of ends left.

03-19-12 05:20PM
celtichound is offline Click Here to See the Profile for celtichound Click here to Send celtichound a Private Message Find more posts by celtichound Add celtichound to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
celtichound
Swing Artist

Wow a 5 ender, whatinell happened??? Just tuned in to see them tie it up with a steal of 3. Yikes!!!

It's not just a rock. It's forty-two pounds of polished granite, with a beveled underbelly and a handle a human being can hold. Okay, so in and of itself it looks like it has no practical purpose, but it's a repository of possibility. And, when it's handled just right, it exacts a kind of poetry - as close to poetry as I ever want to get. The way it moves.... Not once, in everything I've done, have I ever felt the same wonder and humanity as when I'm playing the game of curling.
Paul Gross-Men With Brooms

Most games are lost, not won!
Casey Stengel

03-19-12 05:22PM
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by jonren
Well so much for the 5 point lead...

I find Heather's team very patient and although I'm not watching on TV I bet they weren't too panicked after the 5 knowing there are plenty of ends left.

She looked excited. The prospect of several ends of full out offense seemed to get her going. Well, the Czechs had another idea ...

03-19-12 06:00PM
Unregistered

What is going on between USA and Korea there? USA curling at 92% through the team and they are not only completely outcurled but destroyed by the Koreans. The K. backend with 100% after 7 ends. Surreal ...

03-19-12 06:20PM
celtichound is offline Click Here to See the Profile for celtichound Click here to Send celtichound a Private Message Find more posts by celtichound Add celtichound to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
celtichound
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend

First thing I thought when I saw that 5 on the scoreboard was that Jennifer Jones had been flown into Lethbridge to replace Nedhohin!

Details ML.....I need all the gory details!!!

It's not just a rock. It's forty-two pounds of polished granite, with a beveled underbelly and a handle a human being can hold. Okay, so in and of itself it looks like it has no practical purpose, but it's a repository of possibility. And, when it's handled just right, it exacts a kind of poetry - as close to poetry as I ever want to get. The way it moves.... Not once, in everything I've done, have I ever felt the same wonder and humanity as when I'm playing the game of curling.
Paul Gross-Men With Brooms

Most games are lost, not won!
Casey Stengel

03-19-12 06:44PM
Unregistered

Meanwhile, China loses to Italy. Too bad, that means 4-7 will be really hard to achieve ...

03-19-12 08:01PM
wakwak is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wakwak Click here to Send wakwak a Private Message Find more posts by wakwak Add wakwak to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wakwak
Harvey Hacksmasher

Koreans look very dangerous (stats-wise!)... 3rd and skip curled 100% in the last game..

03-19-12 08:05PM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

<-- Korean Flag!

quote:
Originally posted by wakwak
Koreans look very dangerous (stats-wise!)... 3rd and skip curled 100% in the last game..

Woot! Go Korea Go! Heather'll Have her Hands Full. Endurance might be a factor in which case odds 'd be with CDA. Korea. The land of the invisible flag. ;-)

03-19-12 08:08PM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

<-- Flag of South Korea

quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered
What is going on between USA and Korea there? USA curling at 92% through the team and they are not only completely outcurled but destroyed by the Koreans. The K. backend with 100% after 7 ends. Surreal ...

no! Real! And according to Russ not only their execution, but their game-thought is on strong. (Okay I'll shuddup about the absent flag on the standings board.)

03-19-12 08:16PM
AK267 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AK267 Visit AK267's homepage! Find more posts by AK267 Add AK267 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AK267
Super Rockchucker

So, my fellow Yanks are 0-4. If they keep this up, they will put next year's team in a tight bind to earn Olympic pints for Sochi.

03-19-12 08:31PM
nelski
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by AK267
So, my fellow Yanks are 0-4. If they keep this up, they will put next year's team in a tight bind to earn Olympic pints for Sochi.

I hope that's not in the backs of their mind! Nothing like a little added pressure! I'd like to see Alison and crew chalk up a couple of double ewes.

03-19-12 08:49PM
lolar3288 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lolar3288 Click here to Send lolar3288 a Private Message Find more posts by lolar3288 Add lolar3288 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lolar3288
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by celtichound
Wow a 5 ender, whatinell happened??? Just tuned in to see them tie it up with a steal of 3. Yikes!!!

Terrible coaching call....guard against a bundle that early in the end......with hammer?????

If she draws to full top 4 on the open side sitting two the end changes...yea the deep guard killed them but trying to score one against a bundle was asking for it...especially consider they were that much in the lead (3).

Two real bad sweeping calls!

They need some time playing seniors...your always looking for "plan B,C,D,E,F,.....

03-19-12 08:52PM
lolar3288 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lolar3288 Click here to Send lolar3288 a Private Message Find more posts by lolar3288 Add lolar3288 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lolar3288
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by Beermaker
Am I the only one who wishes the girls would take their stopwatches and put them where the sun doesn't shine. I am so sick of hearing 14.3 no I got 14.9, what did you get?.

Not using a stop watch is like fencing with one arm tied behind your back...you can do it...but you may get the point...

Not so sure about long times...just have to believe that the watch is an AID...not the whole story

03-19-12 09:18PM
tubby is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tubby Click here to Send tubby a Private Message Find more posts by tubby Add tubby to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tubby
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Beermaker
Am I the only one who wishes the girls would take their stopwatches and put them where the sun doesn't shine. I am so sick of hearing 14.3 no I got 14.9, what did you get?.

Stopwatches work well if confusion is the goal. Paralysis by analysis.

Maybe someone can come up with a low speed radar detector iphone app.

03-19-12 09:56PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by lolar3288

Not using a stop watch is like fencing with one arm tied behind your back...you can do it...but you may get the point...

Not so sure about long times...just have to believe that the watch is an AID...not the whole story

Gee , how have the men managed to win briers, world championships and olympic medals without a stop watch. Is there any men's team in the top ten ranking that still uses a stop watch.

03-19-12 10:31PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

Surprise, surprise the Russians have switched the line up again:

Sidorova
Fomina
Ezekh
Galkina

03-19-12 10:51PM
CurlingNut1994 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CurlingNut1994 Click here to Send CurlingNut1994 a Private Message Find more posts by CurlingNut1994 Add CurlingNut1994 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CurlingNut1994
Harvey Hacksmasher

I'm really not getting some of Heather's calls in this game. Like in the 5th end why didn't she do the simple double for 3 to tie it instead of drawing for 2? It would have been an easy shot. And in the 6th end she should have froze to shot stone in the four foot and try to force Denmark to one. I honestly don't think that tap she tried was there. Hopefully Team Canada can turn things around!

03-19-12 10:57PM
nelski
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by misty1
Surprise, surprise the Russians have switched the line up again:
Sidorova
Fomina
Ezekh
Galkina

Privivkova might be resting on the sidelines for a game or two. I like Ezekh 'cept if she redirects a rock with her foot. The plot thickens.