CAN (Flemming) Final
USA (Farbelow) (8)
SWE (Wranaa) 11  Final
GER (Kapp) (8)
M: European Curling Championships C-Division
Dumfries, SCO
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: W1 -- Sun, Apr 28 -- 7:00pm GMT

Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
01-07-13 08:35PM
tuck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tuck Click here to Send tuck a Private Message Find more posts by tuck Add tuck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tuck
Super Rockchucker

Live TV

The USCA has begun announcing coverage of the Finals in Green Bay. Perhaps even the True Semis.

The resolution of the NHL strike might impact coverage, I imagine. It will be interesting to see it all work out. This is a big week for USA curling.

Ben Tucker

Last edited by tuck on 01-07-13 at 08:56PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

01-08-13 07:01PM
AK267 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AK267 Visit AK267's homepage! Find more posts by AK267 Add AK267 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AK267
Super Rockchucker

got a link on that?

01-08-13 08:04PM
tuck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tuck Click here to Send tuck a Private Message Find more posts by tuck Add tuck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tuck
Super Rockchucker

Sorry, AK. The details need to wait a bit until the deal is signed. It will be on cable, but one that is widely received. Professional announcers instead of beet farmers. After the round robin, I will be the drunk guy in the crowd.

This could be great for curling clubs to have a party. Bring people into the club and watch the game on a big screen. Maybe make some money off the show.

I ain't bein' a tease about this stuff. The deal needs to get finalized. The USCA will post it before be I blab it and I really know precious little.

Ben Tucker
Curling Fan

01-08-13 09:53PM
AK267 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AK267 Visit AK267's homepage! Find more posts by AK267 Add AK267 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AK267
Super Rockchucker

but I love the beet farmers!!!

WHAT!?!??! NO "TUCKISTRATOR"!!!!! We need a Facebook page that says "Save the Tuckistrator"!!!

01-09-13 12:12AM
tuck
Super Rockchucker

...and we beet farmers love you, Tim.

It's not that the Tuckistrator is dying. In fact, it is more alive than ever. Improved and practiced, I will diagram shots that no intelligent curler would ever attempt.

I did a Valentine on the Tuckistrator last year. Just wait until this year.

TESN is not abandoning Green Bay. The round robin and the first Page playoff games will still be theirs. Maybe all of it if hockey remembers that the NHL is funded by fans.

And it is the round robin that we, the truly dedicated curlers, love the most. Why? Because it takes place during the work week. Nothing can compare to watching a curling game and listening to the homespun views of a beet farmer during the week...and getting paid for it.

So Joey C, media godfather, still controls the vast majority of Nationals. Supported by his evil genius sidekick, Bad Ass The Geek, they continue to improve and expand. I will be around and on the air as much as they allow. As the Godfather commands, so I do.

As awesome as TESN has been for USA curling and as important that it is becoming as it grows and grows, this live broadcast can be as important. It all depends on how you use it. Tape it. Show it. Throw a party. Go to a large sports bar and make them turn it to the Finals. Put announcements up in your club and around the town.

We claim that we desperately need coverage (when what we actually need is viewership). Here it is. We shout for more return on our dues. With or without ego, I tell you that TESN is a return on your dues. Monies are left on the USOC table to bring you internet coverage. We pray for continued growth in the game we love. Here is an answer.

We have web coverage and live TV. Now the impetus is on you. Watch it. Enjoy it. Spread the word.

Ben Tucker

PS It was JHcurl that hung Beet Farmer on me. We do raise sugar beets on the farm. However, it is my brother and brother-in-law that do most of the beet farming (with the exception of harvest which I run with their help). Truthfully, I'm more of the potato farmer in the family. Red potatoes, to be more exact.

01-09-13 01:14PM
clutch is offline Click Here to See the Profile for clutch Click here to Send clutch a Private Message Find more posts by clutch Add clutch to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
clutch
Hitting Paint

viewership

Great to hear about any curling coverage. I agree with tuck on this one, viewership is the key. I'm in a small club in southern Mn., that must have one of the latest league starts in the country - I play my first regular league game tonight. It wasn't until this year that we had wireless or actually even internet capability, and in Dec. in what we call our Early Bird League (yes I know not early compared to everyone else) we watched a league game in Duluth - it was a hoot. I ran into my aunt last week at a store and sent her a link for TESN so she could follow her grandson on Perko's team - she ended up watching curling all weekend just like I did. The point is - it may not happen immediately, but I think it will happen - viewers will be there. Hate to admit it, but I do appreciate the techie types even though I had to put down my hammer, chisel, and stone tablet to write this. Good curling.

clutch

01-09-13 04:52PM
AK267
Super Rockchucker

Tuck,

My wish is that in one game, they superimpose your face on the button when you do the Tuckistrator!!!

01-09-13 04:58PM
TJNCJ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TJNCJ Click here to Send TJNCJ a Private Message Find more posts by TJNCJ Add TJNCJ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TJNCJ
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by AK267
Tuck,

My wish is that in one game, they superimpose your face on the button when you do the Tuckistrator!!!

I thought we wanted to increase viewersghip and grow the sport!!??

TJ
Love the webcasts, my wife, not so much.

(I also have the Tuckistrator Valentine screen shot but cannot get it to appear on CZ)

01-10-13 11:20AM
B Anderson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for B Anderson Click here to Send B Anderson a Private Message Visit B Anderson's homepage! Find more posts by B Anderson Add B Anderson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
B Anderson
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by AK267
Tuck,

Don't tempt me.

-BA

01-10-13 11:26AM
TJNCJ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TJNCJ Click here to Send TJNCJ a Private Message Find more posts by TJNCJ Add TJNCJ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TJNCJ
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by TJNCJ

I thought we wanted to increase viewersghip and grow the sport!!??

TJ
Love the webcasts, my wife, not so much.

(I also have the Tuckistrator Valentine screen shot but cannot get it to appear on CZ)

Hmmm....I do love my wife, but she doesn't love the webcasts....I am not sure that was clear on that post.

TJ
Clarifying

01-10-13 01:05PM
tuck
Super Rockchucker

HILARIOUS! It took me a minute, TJ...but that is hilarious.

Tuck
7 Days Until Terrible Knee Pain...looking forward to the MCA

01-10-13 08:17PM
Alice is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Alice Click here to Send Alice a Private Message Find more posts by Alice Add Alice to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alice
Swing Artist

Beet Bowl?

All this talk about sugar beets and increasing curling viewership....

I thought of Our Favorite Beet Farmer up there near Grafton, ND, where I first saw curling way back about 1992...

I thought about the big piles of sugar beets all over the Red River Valley in North Dakota waiting for processing through the winter.....

And... I thought of the Facebook pages of the International Rutabaga Curling tournament at the Ithaca, NY farmers market.... and their popular choral sing-a-longs....

Well?! Don't you all share my vision now of a Sugar Beet Curling Tornament like the Superbowl Puppy Bowl? The more fun nonsense the better? This year the rutabaga curl had to separate out the kids into a separate division because they kept creaming the adults.... and many save their veg in their freezers to use year after year when they find a nice round one....

Yes, I would pay money to see or participate in a sugar beet curl during fifth end break time at big championships.

01-12-13 02:57PM
tuck
Super Rockchucker

Yeah! The press release is finally out.

NBCSports will carry the True Semi's and the Finals for both genders. Even I get NBCSports and I have the cheapest cable package they offer.

We need posters. We need to tell our communities that curling will be on TV.

We need to put it on our facebook pages so our friends now that it will be on. We need to post that our status is "Watching curling on NBCSports" on those days in midFebruary.

We need to get some of our clubmates to go to a sports bar and ask them to turn the channel. I know...getting curlers to go to a bar is almost impossible. We should all try.

For that matter, we should have posters around our clubs for the TESN coverage as well. Viewership grows the sport.

Ben Tucker

Last edited by tuck on 01-13-13 at 09:40AM

01-13-13 12:27AM
MCC_PE is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MCC_PE Click here to Send MCC_PE a Private Message Find more posts by MCC_PE Add MCC_PE to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MCC_PE
Hitting Paint

http://www.curlingrocks.net/news/nb...l-championships

Universal Sports gets the semis, NBC Sports Network the finals.

01-13-13 09:50AM
AK267
Super Rockchucker

I'm watching the Bernese Ladies event on Laola TV (on-line....gotta love that 50" internet TV). If I'm hearing the conversation right (read between the lines), Mike Harris might be one of the commentators.