M: USA Curling Under-5 National Championship
Chaska, MN
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: CF -- Sun, Apr 28 -- 1:00pm CT
Mellin 11  8th
Meyer  Watch Live Curling!
Rose Final
Bliven (6) Watch Live Curling!
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > 2020 Scotties in Moose Jaw

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 9 of 11 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
02-22-20 12:38AM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

Nothing would please me more than the non professional team with 100's of thousands of either cc or sponsorship dollars win the Scotties or brier. It shows "There's still a chance" teams that work hard and play hard can still win. Go Mccarville go. Longshot but hoping.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

02-22-20 04:45PM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Drawmaster

Listening to the tag team , it should be 10-0 for Homan given how fantastic they are. Meanwhile statistically are being outplayed by no

02-22-20 04:49PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

this is why cheryl , vic and rus need to be gotten rid of. its blatantly obvious every time who they want to win. they have no desire to see new teams break through or anything like that

comparitvely cathy was nothing but professional while commenting on her son's game in the junior final.

i understand everyone has favorites but as commentators its their job to keep their bias out of their commentary. slipping up every now and then is fine but with russ and cheryl its a running commentary. its to much. get rid of them and hire someone who's able to be proffessional.

howard in particular's tongue bathing of homan when he comments on one of her games is so bad and so over the top its embarrassing.

02-22-20 05:09PM
dinorock2005 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dinorock2005 Find more posts by dinorock2005 Add dinorock2005 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dinorock2005
Super Rockchucker

For many of us the final four didn't include the team we wanted to be there.
There are very few of us who didn't think the final three would line up the way it has.
Off to bobsleigh.

02-22-20 05:13PM
cnpeters is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cnpeters Find more posts by cnpeters Add cnpeters to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cnpeters
Hitting Paint

Maybe the more you hear them, the more you get tired of them, but I think they’re quite good. They broadcast, what, the Canadian championships, the Continental cup, and the Canada cup... and the Olympic trials? It’s going to be the same teams every time. Of course they’re going to be biased that they are the best.

I guess I just disagree, because even with biases, their commentary is so much better than what we get down here.

The whole game felt like it was played on a knife edge by Northern Ontario. They were playing perfect, and if they had any let up at all, it was going to flood the other way. Then the ninth end happened and the flood started.

02-22-20 05:20PM
Observer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Observer Find more posts by Observer Add Observer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Observer
Swing Artist

I agree completely with cnpeters. Vic, Cheryl, and Russ are the best there is.

02-22-20 05:42PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

Well quite the comeback for Homan. I know, I know team McCarville doesn’t want to do the circuit. But they have so much potential that I feel they need to decide what they want. Playing the occasional cash spiel & in a men’s league won’t cut it anymore.

02-22-20 05:52PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by curlerbroad
Well quite the comeback for Homan. I know, I know team McCarville doesn’t want to do the circuit. But they have so much potential that I feel they need to decide what they want. Playing the occasional cash spiel & in a men’s league won’t cut it anymore.

And how much longer does Kendra stay. There are a few teams who need someone of her talent.

02-22-20 05:56PM
cnpeters is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cnpeters Find more posts by cnpeters Add cnpeters to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cnpeters
Hitting Paint

quote:
I think they have decided what they want, and what’s important to them, no?

It seems she’s quite content to be the best female curler on earth who doesn’t play full time. Maybe she pushes a little harder knowing the Scotties are home games next year - but I can’t imagine she’ll change up much.

02-22-20 06:35PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by decade

And how much longer does Kendra stay. There are a few teams who need someone of her talent.

Well said...should she get the right offer, she’ll be gone

02-22-20 07:06PM
Proudcurler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Proudcurler Find more posts by Proudcurler Add Proudcurler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Proudcurler
Knee-Slider

Val Sweeting #1 3rd this week! I hear so many on this forum very negative about Val. Stats speak for themselves.

02-22-20 07:14PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:

Well said...should she get the right offer, she’ll be gone

maybe not. think about it. if kendra wanted to go harder she'd have done ir by now and let'snot pretend offers havent been made.odds are they have

its entirely possible that kendra doesnt want to or isnt able to commit the time the top teams do. not everyone wants to or is able to do that

02-22-20 07:42PM
curlingclips is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlingclips Find more posts by curlingclips Add curlingclips to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlingclips
Super Rockchucker

According to this interview, Kendra is staying with Krista for as long as she's playing.

http://fromthehack.libsyn.com/2020-...-preview-part-2

02-22-20 09:14PM
hogged again is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hogged again Find more posts by hogged again Add hogged again to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hogged again
Drawmaster

I know this is a Scotties thread but I saw the Brier seedings on the telecast and whatever system they use to seed the teams needs to be changed. There is no way McEwen/Howard winner should be seeded 3rd and ahead of Bottcher, Koe and Gushue. I assume they are just using points and those 3 are having off years.

02-22-20 09:29PM
Gerry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gerry Click here to Send Gerry a Private Message Visit Gerry's homepage! Find more posts by Gerry Add Gerry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gerry
CZ Founder

quote:
Originally posted by hogged again
I know this is a Scotties thread but I saw the Brier seedings on the telecast and whatever system they use to seed the teams needs to be changed. There is no way McEwen/Howard winner should be seeded 3rd and ahead of Bottcher, Koe and Gushue. I assume they are just using points and those 3 are having off years.

Wildcard team is always seeded 4th overall. Normally that has been fine, but this year with all the favourites pretty much winning, it means that the WC team would have been seeded lower.

The reason this is done is because of all the setup and printing ahead of the event. Programs and everything are created that mean the WC team has needed to be locked in.

Please click on our sponsors' banners periodically, as visiting their sites helps keep CurlingZone.com Free!

02-22-20 09:47PM
EPMD is offline Click Here to See the Profile for EPMD Find more posts by EPMD Add EPMD to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
EPMD
Swing Artist

The most fascinating thing about this tournament is how Keri Einarson is handling the pressure. She is such an emotional person, but now that she is making every shot (and being able to play a lot of hits helps), you can just see this is her tournament to lose. She has a great team in front of her, they've had a great year, and she will never shoot better than she is shooting right now. This is her time...her best chance at curling history. You can see it in her body language. She is living and dying out there on the ice, and it's exciting to watch someone on the verge of realizing their dream.

Of course, there is still the matter of Jones/Homan bringing everything they have to the final match. The first title is never easy.

02-22-20 10:41PM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

I'm hoping its going to be a Homan vs Einarson final. It will be difficult but I don't think it will bother me if the Einarson team pulls it off. Of course the reward does make a difference in terms money and backing. It won't be a cakewalk for either team but I'm just hoping for these two to be in the final.

02-23-20 12:21AM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

Jones lost that game, like many others on blown line calls. Sorry, my bad, . My fault, etc etc. 15-20 times a game. AT .LEAST. On the team shots and even worse on hers. If she was quiet, the TEAM would make 25% more shots.

Nuff said

Go Homan

02-23-20 12:25AM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Drawmaster

When a skip shoots 96% they will and should win most games. despite that high number it was a very close game. So I think Kerri won that game.

Last edited by Ajay on 02-23-20 at 12:39AM

02-23-20 01:40AM
cnpeters
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
I'm pretty sure everyone, including Brent Laing & Mike McEwen are writing off Jennifer Jones.

Everyone of course, except Jennifer Jones.

yep.

She’s going to be outplayed for seven ends, and unless Homan blitzes her (which is totally in the cards) it’ll be 4-3 or 5-3 Homan in the eighth. And then Jones will have hammer and a shot for multiple. She may make it or she may not. Homan has to be like a 2/3-1 favorite.

But then that skeleton hand could pop out of the grave and come back to life. There’s likely going to be a time late when she has a shot to take control of the game. She always does.

I think whoever wins will beat Einarson. Beats me if I’m right or not. I can’t wait to find out.

02-23-20 12:30PM
Ajay
Drawmaster

I’m a jones supporter, but those second end shot calls were ridiculous and have probably cost her the game before she starts. Very frustrating for a fan.

02-23-20 03:08PM
hogged again is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hogged again Find more posts by hogged again Add hogged again to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hogged again
Drawmaster

Very disheartening week for Jones, have to wonder if she can compete at the top level anymore or whether it was just a week off.
The two best teams are in the finals. Einarson played the best game I have ever seen last night, it's one thing to curl 95% with open draws and hits, quite another to do it with triples, doubles, hit and rolls and touch taps like she did yesterday. Homan is Homan, the best shooter out there. Should be a good one.

02-23-20 03:17PM
Ajay
Drawmaster

"she can compete at the top level anymore or whether it was just a week off."

While disappointed in her playoff play, let’s remember that she was better than 14 other teams in the round robin.

02-23-20 03:26PM
Western Newbie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Western Newbie Click here to Send Western Newbie a Private Message Find more posts by Western Newbie Add Western Newbie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Western Newbie
Hitting Paint

The final

This will be an exciting final. I am not sure I have a clear winner in mind because Canada will be well represented with either team. Homan has much more experience but Einerson has come into their own. Should be a good game.

02-23-20 07:02PM
dinorock2005 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dinorock2005 Find more posts by dinorock2005 Add dinorock2005 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dinorock2005
Super Rockchucker

Well, it's on.
Ten years ago I would have live Tweeted, sorry, live POSTED this game.
I think I will let all you more intelligent people comment and save my wasted bandwidth for thanks and congratulations after the game.
I will make a prediction, of sorts.
If I was a betting man I would wager on Team Manitoba.
But, I wouldn't bet the farm on it.
Honestly, it depends on what version of Rachel Homan shows up.

Have fun and good curling.