Forums Menu

User: 
Pass:  

Curling Scores

(WATCH LIVE!) (WATCH LIVE!) (WATCH LIVE!) (WATCH LIVE!) (WATCH LIVE!) (WATCH LIVE!) (WATCH LIVE!)
W: King Cash Spiel
Maple Ridge, BC
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 4 -- Fri, Dec 3 -- 8:00pm PT
Kristen Ryan Final
Amy Wheatcroft (7)
Gushulak Final
Taylor Reese-Hansen (8)
Shiella Cowan Final
Shawna Jensen (8)
M: Lakeview Insurance Brokers Senior Men
Martensville, SK
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 1 -- Fri, Dec 3 -- 7:00pm CT
Brian Humble Final
Jim Wilson (6) Watch Live Curling!
Lloyd Fell Final
Shawn Joyce (7) Watch Live Curling!
Eugene Hritzuk Final
Brad Heidt 10  (7) Watch Live Curling!
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > Olympic Trials - Early Line

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 3 of 20 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
11-20-21 08:27PM
Manitoba Legend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Manitoba Legend Click here to Send Manitoba Legend a Private Message Find more posts by Manitoba Legend Add Manitoba Legend to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by curlerbroad

A lot of armchair curlers felt that Team Jones might turn it on for the trials

Jones is mercurial. Obviously, she won't be putting up 99s every game. Lets see if she can sustain the dominance she exhibited over McCarville today!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

11-20-21 08:44PM
Manitoba Legend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Manitoba Legend Click here to Send Manitoba Legend a Private Message Find more posts by Manitoba Legend Add Manitoba Legend to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

TSN Sunday morning feature should be Homan vs. McCarville in a battle of 1st draw losers.

TSN may be tempted to avoid Homan one more time.

Might be tempted to feature Rachel's conqueror, Jacqueline Harrison who was a bit shaky despite knocking off Homan. Jones is Harrison's opponent so TSN might want to get an early peak at the legendary Jones.

11-20-21 09:10PM
Hack Weight is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Hack Weight Click here to Send Hack Weight a Private Message Find more posts by Hack Weight Add Hack Weight to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hack Weight
Harvey Hacksmasher

Russ and Cheryl spending the first two ends praising the wonderful work of the ice crew, and the ice turning out to be as slow as a curling club is good comedy.

11-20-21 11:32PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is online now Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Hack Weight
Russ and Cheryl spending the first two ends praising the wonderful work of the ice crew, and the ice turning out to be as slow as a curling club is good comedy.

TOO funny. If you listen to the recent commentary from the Halifax Stu Sells in Halifax, they let you know how they feel about the “Alimighty”Ice declaration of the national broadcasters stating there’s no curl east of his home club. And how slow the ice is. That’s right, it rhymes with fuss coward. OLYMPIC TRIALS hog to hog 14 seconds...... Stu Sells Halifax 15.5. Hmmmmm.

Yeah yeah yeah humidity crowd temperature..... they managed in little old Halifax in temps 15c and rain storms. What’s wrong with the full team and computers for the most important spiel every 4 years. Just shut up about the ice. For once just come clean and say the ice crew is struggling with the conditions, we get it, but don’t crap on where you chose to live and play in the east because you grew old and couldn’t adjust. Harsh? Maybe. Ask anyone east of Ontario ?? Not!
#yearsofbs
Here endeth today’s rant. Sorry.

11-20-21 11:33PM
hogged again is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hogged again Find more posts by hogged again Add hogged again to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hogged again
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Hack Weight

LOL You hit the nail on he head, they do this every time. On the first day they praise the great ice saying no one is complaining and it's perfect even though there are no fans during practice and the icemakers have no idea what tweaks they will need to make when the place warms up. By midweek they will not mention the great ice at all and when the teams out there are talking about inconsistencies the announcers will skip over it.

11-21-21 12:58AM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is online now Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by hogged again

LOL You hit the nail on he head, they do this every time. On the first day they praise the great ice saying no one is complaining and it's perfect even though there are no fans during practice and the icemakers have no idea what tweaks they will need to make when the place warms up. By midweek they will not mention the great ice at all and when the teams out there are talking about inconsistencies the announcers will skip over it.

And the teams are warned, advised ahead if time not to complain about the ice or anything to do with Curling Canada or they will be fined. Read the fine print. Muzzled. True.

11-21-21 03:56AM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

ICE? WHAT ICE?

SIgned,

Alfred E. Neuman

11-21-21 12:10PM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

Jones seems to have come back down from the clouds - only curling 77% but fortunately she's found a compliant victim. Jackie Harrison, coming off her last rock conquest of R Homan yesterday has fallen apart at the seams, curling only 48% playing 8.

Homan in a tug o' war of misses w/ McCarville. McCarville should be busting up Homan but Krista, as per the form chart tends to get real tight against skips with massive reputations!

11-21-21 12:19PM
MeaghanEdwards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MeaghanEdwards Find more posts by MeaghanEdwards Add MeaghanEdwards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MeaghanEdwards
Swing Artist

I recall greg's ice being sloppy before, during sole Slams?

Methinks the TSN crew (and bookies) are also putting too much emphasis on Slam results.

11-21-21 12:43PM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

McCarville's ultra cautious squad appears to be in half-shot panic mode down the stretch.

Its almost a given Rachel will score a deuce in 10 - the big question is whether she can bag a 3-spot.

Ashley had a great game going but is falling apart at the seams. Kendra is just half-shotting.

McCarville is cool but wasn't even close on her draw for a deucey in 9.

Homan will take advantage of McCarville's defensive, too-cautious nature to bag a skip's deuce and take her chances in EE.

11-21-21 01:02PM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Drawmaster

ML Am I reading this right that your “has been curler” is 2-0 and your super shot curler is 0-2?

11-21-21 01:12PM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

So far.

11-21-21 01:18PM
hogged again is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hogged again Find more posts by hogged again Add hogged again to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hogged again
Swing Artist

Sure didn't see Homan at the bottom and behind the 8 ball already.
I go back to the Greg Norman example. He lost several majors in a short time to a couple chip ins and a couple collapses and said that he didn't think it affected him much at the time but years later looking back realized that it did affect his game a lot.
Homan didn't medal at the Olympics and has lost 3 straight Scotties finals and you can see it isn't the same ultra confident team that it used to be. 3 losses will get them in the playoffs or at least a tiebreaker so it isn't over but obviously the margin of error is slim.

11-21-21 01:34PM
prairie guy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for prairie guy Click here to Send prairie guy a Private Message Find more posts by prairie guy Add prairie guy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
prairie guy
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by MeaghanEdwards
I recall greg's ice being sloppy before, during sole Slams?

Methinks the TSN crew (and bookies) are also putting too much emphasis on Slam results.

Just fyi the Slams use their own ice maker Mark Shurek. He has been doing the ice for them for quite a few years I believe.

11-21-21 01:41PM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by Ajay
ML Am I reading this right that your “has been curler” is 2-0 and your super shot curler is 0-2?

Never said JJ was a has-been. Her team is too powerful. She even put her 5th in the lineup today - something she almost never does this early in a big tourney.

She is, however MERCURIAL. Lots of wavey ups 'n downs. Major problem if you wanna win a big tourney. Laura Walker took a dump in her first outing, rebounded this morning. Now she faces Jones this evening. On paper - Jones is superior at every position.

But Jones is fully capable of evening up the odds by playing super difficult shots for her front end & Kaitlyn which can shave a few percentage points off their totals.

Walker is no longer the P.R. gal we've come to known and love. She's a feisty gamer who could easily take Jones out tonite.

Even Russ & Cheryl noted that JJ seems to have corrected her slide-swaying that was costing her shots.

I urge everyone to watch Jones and her rock-positioning. Jones almost always calls the right (difficult) shot. The trouble occurs when the rock is a few inches away from her intention - usually opening the door for her opponent to take advantage!

11-21-21 01:44PM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Sure didn't see Homan at the bottom and behind the 8 ball already.
I go back to the Greg Norman example. He lost several majors in a short time to a couple chip ins and a couple collapses and said that he didn't think it affected him much at the time but years later looking back realized that it did affect his game a lot.
Homan didn't medal at the Olympics and has lost 3 straight Scotties finals and you can see it isn't the same ultra confident team that it used to be. 3 losses will get them in the playoffs or at least a tiebreaker so it isn't over but obviously the margin of error is slim.

Emma sure spends a ton of time explaining her misses in great detail. Takes Rachel's focus off her next shot imho.
Newest gimmick has Courtney asking Rachel "How are you throwing it?" just before she shoots. I understand its just for verification but its kind of distracting if you ask me.

btw - Nobody asked me!!!

11-21-21 01:47PM
hogged again
Swing Artist

Koe-Gushue classic matchup this aft. You could see Gushue's team was tense last night, lots of yelling over each other during shots, they know this is for all the marbles. Koe is similar, will be lots of discussion and he will probably be low on time unless he can run a couple quick blank ends. Expecting low scoring affair, 4-3 or 5-4 either way. Game may be decided by whoever wins hammer in the 1st.

11-21-21 02:11PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend

Emma sure spends a ton of time explaining her misses in great detail. Takes Rachel's focus off her next shot imho.
Newest gimmick has Courtney asking Rachel "How are you throwing it?" just before she shoots. I understand its just for verification but its kind of distracting if you ask me.

btw - Nobody asked me!!!

Wow, are you ever out of the loop. From day one, Joanne has asked “how are you throwing this”? Always the same answer, “straight through”.
Hello, Mcfly are you in there?????

11-21-21 03:01PM
oliviertoisel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for oliviertoisel Find more posts by oliviertoisel Add oliviertoisel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
oliviertoisel
Harvey Hacksmasher

Homan has different releases, not just "straight through". She also has an even more exaggerated set back (forget the term). But totally right she's been asking/answering that since well before the prior Olympic trials. Smart if you have multiple releases.

However! I do think there seems to me something "too much" going on with Homan's team since last year (especially this fall). A lot more technical talk, a lot more futzing with releases, etc. It all seems to be an attempt to hit the next level they've been missing since Pyeongchang but it doesn't seem to work. Also do you need a next level when you're this talented? Seems like what they need is Adam Kingsbury back not more complexity.

11-21-21 03:07PM
alex is offline Click Here to See the Profile for alex Click here to Send alex a Private Message Find more posts by alex Add alex to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
alex
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by oliviertoisel
Homan has different releases, not just "straight through". She also has an even more exaggerated set back (forget the term). But totally right she's been asking/answering that since well before the prior Olympic trials. Smart if you have multiple releases.

However! I do think there seems to me something "too much" going on with Homan's team since last year (especially this fall). A lot more technical talk, a lot more futzing with releases, etc. It all seems to be an attempt to hit the next level they've been missing since Pyeongchang but it doesn't seem to work. Also do you need a next level when you're this talented? Seems like what they need is Adam Kingsbury back not more complexity.

Definitely something missing from the team that used to dominate. Also they haven't played the top teams yet and the top teams are quite confident against Homan now.

11-21-21 03:12PM
hogged again
Swing Artist

Well it's a TSN event so here's my usual broken record rant. When are they going to show the draws to the button for first end hammer? It's an important freakin shot. Sportsnet covers it.
There is so much more they could add analytics wise to make the broadcast more entertaining and maybe attract a younger audience who don't know curling but they are happy doing the exact same broadcast with the exact same graphics that they did 25 years ago.

11-21-21 03:39PM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Well it's a TSN event so here's my usual broken record rant. When are they going to show the draws to the button for first end hammer? It's an important freakin shot. Sportsnet covers it.
There is so much more they could add analytics wise to make the broadcast more entertaining and maybe attract a younger audience who don't know curling but they are happy doing the exact same broadcast with the exact same graphics that they did 25 years ago.

TSN ships a bunch of wire and cable plus the broadcasters to the event site. Thats about their commitment to the sport. Very uneven broadcasts - when the 3 amigos run out of shots to describe they start working in family & relationships to the equation.

Emma had a nice turnaround game after her tepid performance vs Harrison on opening draw. Today, Rachel tripped over the manhole - only curling 64%. That number was unheard of for R. Homan for so many years. Fortunately, Kendra Lilly was awful today and Kris McCarville was so-so. Still, it was enough to take down Homan.

11-21-21 11:39PM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

A word of advice for Kate. FOLLOW YOUR OWN ADVICE. You totally screwed up that last shot by rushing out of the house to sweep. I think your skip knows it.

11-21-21 11:49PM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by albetts
A word of advice for Kate. FOLLOW YOUR OWN ADVICE. You totally screwed up that last shot by rushing out of the house to sweep. I think your skip knows it.

Kinda knew the form chart for Kate. The gig was up after she roached a front guard and left her own stone in front on the EE. As Russ pointed out, Kate gets really anxious and down on herself when she misses a shot (or shots). So when her skip had an open draw where she needed to almost touch the outside of the 4 ft, Kate went nuts with her early SVEEP SVEEP call; her guys musta polished the ice at least 1/2 way down the sheet with Kate coming out to assist in FULL PANIC MODE . . . . and Laura's fateful draw was about 5 to 7 inches too far after Kaitlyn power-vac'd it.

Laura looked ready to swear but she knew she was on TV.

Last edited by Manitoba Legend on 11-22-21 at 03:35AM

11-22-21 12:11AM
EPMD is offline Click Here to See the Profile for EPMD Find more posts by EPMD Add EPMD to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
EPMD
Hitting Paint

That loss to Jones feels like a career-defining game for Walker (and Cameron). They have enough talent to win such games, but it just doesn't happen. The wrong misses at the key moments seem to always happen, while Jones has made a career of making her highest pressure shots.

Those final three Team Walker shots in the 11th end were a complete disaster.

After three draws, I'm not convinced any of these teams are going to bring Canada gold, but I'd feel most confident with Team Jones right now. I know Team Fleury is playing very well, but I'd be nervous backing them in the Olympics. Einarson is probably the most talented team, but you can't botch your final shot like they did tonight against Harrison or else you'll finish 6th again in an international field.

Great entertainment in this tournament though! It's the best curling tournament in the world.