M: USA Curling Under-5 National Championship
Chaska, MN
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: CF -- Sun, Apr 28 -- 1:00pm CT
Mellin 11  8th
Meyer  Watch Live Curling!
Rose Final
Bliven (6) Watch Live Curling!
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > 2015 Scotties Tournament of Hearts

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 6 of 22 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
02-15-15 12:50PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

maryanne has val in a ton of trouble here in 10

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

02-15-15 02:12PM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Drawmaster

Dana . Tied top in last game on her team. Second best second on ice. Fourth out of twelve seconds for the tourny so far. What's with the dissing?

02-15-15 02:18PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by Ajay
Dana . Tied top in last game on her team. Second best second on ice. Fourth out of twelve seconds for the tourny so far. What's with the dissing?

that stat is kind of useless since most teams have played 1 game

i dont think she's a bad curler but, as i said every time i have seen the team play she is the one making the most mistakes and it was the same way today , regardless of what the stats say. sometimes those stats are pretty generous and id say they were today with dana.

Last edited by misty1 on 02-15-15 at 02:23PM

02-15-15 02:29PM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Drawmaster

8 of 12 teams have played 2 games.

02-15-15 02:37PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by Ajay
8 of 12 teams have played 2 games.

still a pointless stat so early on in the event

02-15-15 03:20PM
CurlingGeek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CurlingGeek Click here to Send CurlingGeek a Private Message Visit CurlingGeek's homepage! Find more posts by CurlingGeek Add CurlingGeek to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CurlingGeek
Swing Artist

Two games on CurlingGeek today:

2pm: Hastings (ONT) vs Arsenault (NS)
7pm: Hastings (ONT) vs Homan (CAN)

Join us here: https://games.curlinggeek.com/broadcast/62

02-15-15 03:50PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
As predicted JJ opening the door for winless PattiKakz - Jenitoba is obviously off her game. If she continues missing brooms by 1/2 ft to a foot she'll be cannon fodder for the field, no matter how well her players perform. JJ's game is JJ-centric - relying on her to make some form of tough shot with her 2 stones.

I wonder whether there's something physically wrong with Jones? Causing her to miss with such regularity.

Would they consider taking JJ out of the lineup (it would have to be JJ's decision) letting Lawes skip and moving Jennifer Clark into the 3rd spot?

Frankly, other than a bad injury I estimate the odds of that happening at under 1 in 50.

Of course, if JJ comes out of the chute 1-5 and out of playoff contention then WHY NOT? Lawes is going to skip one day, why not get some reps in?

why would you even suggest subbing jen out if your going to later state its highly unlikely

jen is just off with her hits, she'll get it back eventually

one thing is for sure, in the small clips we have seen of her on TSN she does not look happy

02-15-15 03:56PM
NitDuck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for NitDuck Click here to Send NitDuck a Private Message Find more posts by NitDuck Add NitDuck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
NitDuck
Harvey Hacksmasher

If we can take a quick moment away from commenting on the action and remember today is Sandra Schmirler Day.

As a fan of this site, of the sport of curling, of "Schmirler the Curler", I would like to challenge all of you to make a donation. Any donation, any amount, helps make a difference.

For more information or to make a donation online, visit: http://www.sandraschmirler.org/english/

Or call the telethon number on TSN right now, 1-866-210-6011. Maybe you can get lucky enough to talk to members of Team Canada or Team Alberta.

I shared a brief story of my "fandom" towards the Schmirler team on my recent blog post while also challenging all teams, fans, athletes to donate: http://bit.ly/1EcdaMz

Enjoy the action today and for the week. And give back, if you feel inclined to do so. Thanks everyone...

02-15-15 03:59PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by NitDuck
If we can take a quick moment away from commenting on the action and remember today is Sandra Schmirler Day.

As a fan of this site, of the sport of curling, of "Schmirler the Curler", I would like to challenge all of you to make a donation. Any donation, any amount, helps make a difference.

For more information or to make a donation online, visit: http://www.sandraschmirler.org/english/

Or call the telethon number on TSN right now, 1-866-210-6011. Maybe you can get lucky enough to talk to members of Team Canada or Team Alberta.

I shared a brief story of my "fandom" towards the Schmirler team on my recent blog post while also challenging all teams, fans, athletes to donate: http://bit.ly/1EcdaMz

Enjoy the action today and for the week. And give back, if you feel inclined to do so. Thanks everyone...

i would totally make a donation but i have 2 dollars in my bank account right now.

hard to believe sandra has been gone for 15 years already

02-15-15 05:17PM
rick8end is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rick8end Find more posts by rick8end Add rick8end to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rick8end
Swing Artist

quote:
As predicted JJ opening the door for winless PattiKakz - Jenitoba is obviously off her game. If she continues missing brooms by 1/2 ft to a foot she'll be cannon fodder for the field, no matter how well her players perform. JJ's game is JJ-centric - relying on her to make some form of tough shot with her 2 stones.

I wonder whether there's something physically wrong with Jones? Causing her to miss with such regularity.

Would they consider taking JJ out of the lineup (it would have to be JJ's decision) letting Lawes skip and moving Jennifer Clark into the 3rd spot?

Frankly, other than a bad injury I estimate the odds of that happening at under 1 in 50.

Of course, if JJ comes out of the chute 1-5 and out of playoff contention then WHY NOT? Lawes is going to skip one day, why not get some reps in?

B.C. scores one in the first and it leads to that comment??? Personally I don't think Jones will win if this week, but suggesting at 1-0 and down only 1-0 to B.C. that they may want to consider replacing JJ at skip will probably be the strangest comment of the week. Glad they didn't do as you suggested as it's 10-1 MB.

02-15-15 05:25PM
sternwheeler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sternwheeler Click here to Send sternwheeler a Private Message Find more posts by sternwheeler Add sternwheeler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sternwheeler
Swing Artist

Heather just "out curled' PEI skip....

not even close on this game, Suzanne missed acouple of draws around her guards, a rub and tic here... not any way to beat the girls from the "rock" question arises 'Is it fair to have PEI scheduled to curl back to back draws Sunday from afternoon draw to be followed with a game against Northern Ontario ?

Last edited by sternwheeler on 02-15-15 at 06:08PM

02-15-15 05:35PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by misty1

why would you even suggest subbing jen out if your going to later state its highly unlikely

jen is just off with her hits, she'll get it back eventually

one thing is for sure, in the small clips we have seen of her on TSN she does not look happy

Hmmm up 10-2 over BC, yes she's really off her game. Probably back working full time, raising a toddler, life is interrupting likely

02-15-15 06:31PM
nickelcity is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nickelcity Click here to Send nickelcity a Private Message Find more posts by nickelcity Add nickelcity to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nickelcity
Harvey Hacksmasher

Tracy Horgan with a great game this afternoon - 10-6 win over a great Quebec team. We'll see how they handle PEI tonight!

02-15-15 06:44PM
sternwheeler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sternwheeler Click here to Send sternwheeler a Private Message Find more posts by sternwheeler Add sternwheeler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sternwheeler
Swing Artist

don't think PEI wants to play "roll over"

quote:
Originally posted by nickelcity
Tracy Horgan with a great game this afternoon - 10-6 win over a great Quebec team. We'll see how they handle PEI tonight!
tonight against Horgan, I like to think experience will enable them Islanders to play a much stronger game

02-15-15 08:38PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

A relaxing night for Val, but don't under estimate Ontario Team Canada...

02-15-15 08:50PM
magicstew is offline Click Here to See the Profile for magicstew Click here to Send magicstew a Private Message Find more posts by magicstew Add magicstew to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
magicstew
Swing Artist

Can someone tell Saskatchewan this is free guard zone, you can throw a corner when you are down 3-0, you can even freeze into the pile.

02-15-15 10:19PM
5thstone is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 5thstone Find more posts by 5thstone Add 5thstone to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
5thstone
Hitting Paint

Wait a second

How often you get a chance to get 3 against Jones? The thin wick double was there all day for 3. Instead, Sask. chokes on the 'safer' call to draw for 2. Geezz, game over on what amounts to be too conservative!

02-15-15 11:22PM
GregJP is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GregJP Click here to Send GregJP a Private Message Find more posts by GregJP Add GregJP to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GregJP
Swing Artist

Why does Rick Folk even bother showing up to be their coach if he can't convince them to play more aggressively?

Their style works fine against club teams in Saskatchewan and maybe even against some teams on tour, but they have very little chance of beating the top echelon teams with the strategy they employ.

With all of the experience on that team you'd figure that they know that, but apparently not. If the goal is to lose by 3 or less they're doing great so far.

02-15-15 11:23PM
sternwheeler
Swing Artist

Re: don't think PEI wants to play "roll over"

quote:
Originally posted by sternwheeler
tonight against Horgan, I like to think experience will enable them Islanders to play a much stronger game
nope, them Islanders played one solid game to come back and beat Horgan and her Northern Ontario rink, good thing the Scotties is being played out West, cause the East Coast has been hammered by snow storms and then some...

02-15-15 11:24PM
Radio-Man is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Radio-Man Click here to Send Radio-Man a Private Message Find more posts by Radio-Man Add Radio-Man to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Radio-Man
Swing Artist

I thought Hastings was going to pull that one out against Canada. Two losses, but both against favorites, long week ahead to get some traction.

"It means that I'm not the Samaritan. That I'm not the priest, or the Levite. That I am the ill intent...who set upon the traveler on a road that he should not have been on."

02-15-15 11:44PM
Ajay
Drawmaster

Dana update ... Tied for second among seconds at 82 % . Everybody played 3 games.

02-16-15 08:55AM
Island Roger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Island Roger Find more posts by Island Roger Add Island Roger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Island Roger
Harvey Hacksmasher

Its getting hard to watch. Strategy is atrocious .......... and that's even from the teams that are supposed to be good. If I see one more ladies game a start by running the rocks up and down for two ends Im going to scream. The game is 10 ends for a reason gals !

02-16-15 09:49AM
kimberley is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kimberley Click here to Send kimberley a Private Message Find more posts by kimberley Add kimberley to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kimberley
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by fresca
classy $350,000 donation by a gentleman's estate to the Schmirler Foundation ... wasnt able to get his name , brought a tear to my eye .... if your looking down and watching today - your generosity will save a lot of young children!! and thanks to the 1000s of others that donated another $300,000

awesome...as good as it gets

The gentleman's name was Roy Kopfman.

http://www.620ckrm.com/ckrm-on-air/...-a-huge-success

02-16-15 09:51AM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:

Part of it is fear of giving up a huge end cuz the ice conditions have been iffy (nice word) with Dave Merklinger fighting with the poor ventilation system in Mosaic Place.

Once in awhile a curling province like BC or Alberta sends a dud to the event. Patty Knezevic obviously in over her head this year - Kristi Moore, Alberta also dropped a deuce a few years back.

your lack of respect at times is shocking. i would expect better from someone who claims to have been a curling fan as long as you have.

02-16-15 09:54AM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Impressed by Jennifer's strategy vs. Lawton last nite. Sherry Anderson's freeze game is exquisite and she tormented Kaitlyn all nite - but Jones and Lawes just kept it simple after building their early lead and Lawton couldn't fight her way back.

Lawton needs to take a few more risks. She's 1-2 at the turn - and while Jones, Homan, Sweeting appear to be all but destined for playoff action, the 4th team can probably get in with 4 rr losses - that gives Lawton two more losses to play with and she's already been confronted by Homan and Jones.

Jones faces Hot Shots this morning. The ladies of the rock might be getting their sea legs now as she was carrying her team earlier. Like to see Jones and Lawes get their line and weight calls a little better but that's the way Jones has been doing it for over a decade.

well they were helped by the fact that stef played a defensive game

i dont get why stef has reverted to her earlier days where she was hitting and didnt like leaving opposing rocks around. perhaps just lack of play

i think stef will be fine having only 2 losses to play with., the team played well against manitoba and canada and if they keep it up they should be okay