M: World Senior Curling Championships
Ostersund, SWE
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: CF -- Sat, Apr 27 -- 4:30am ET
CAN (Flemming) Final
USA (Farbelow) (8)
SWE (Wranaa) 11  Final
GER (Kapp) (8)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > I question the new ruling by the C.C.A...

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
03-17-13 09:35AM
sternwheeler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sternwheeler Click here to Send sternwheeler a Private Message Find more posts by sternwheeler Add sternwheeler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sternwheeler
Swing Artist

I question the new ruling by the C.C.A...

morning curling fans, having returned from Summerside PEI after watching yesterdays draws at the Seniors, I learned something interesting which might be really questionable to some? regarding the way the new format is for selecting curling teams from the Territories (Yukon,N.W.T. and Nunavut) to be represented at this years Seniors, I watched the opening ceremonies and seen that the Yukon Ladies rink from the Whitehorse C.C. went up to be presented with a small "consultation" prize just for showing up, upon speaking to one of the players I was told they had to "play off against other Territories on Thursday, and then lost game, subsequently eliminating them from further play at the Seniors, and THEY HAD TO FLY OUT SUNDAY MORNING BACK TO THE YUKON.this sounds crazy to me coming down all the way from great distance as it is we ALL know, scrimmage a few games ONLY TO BE TOLD YOU MUST LEAVE, WOW THIS FORMAT REALLY SUCKS, THE GIRLS FROM WHITEHORSE WEREN'T HAPPY CAMPERS FOR SURE...is this going to repeat next year? if somebody has a better idea please explain ....

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

03-17-13 09:50AM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

Thats pretty disrespectful..a trophy for showing up? I always hated that as a kid

03-17-13 10:28AM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

Re: I question the new ruling by the C.C.A...

quote:
Originally posted by sternwheeler
morning curling fans, having returned from Summerside PEI after watching yesterdays draws at the Seniors, I learned something interesting which might be really questionable to some? regarding the way the new format is for selecting curling teams from the Territories (Yukon,N.W.T. and Nunavut) to be represented at this years Seniors, I watched the opening ceremonies and seen that the Yukon Ladies rink from the Whitehorse C.C. went up to be presented with a small "consultation" prize just for showing up, upon speaking to one of the players I was told they had to "play off against other Territories on Thursday, and then lost game, subsequently eliminating them from further play at the Seniors, and THEY HAD TO FLY OUT SUNDAY MORNING BACK TO THE YUKON.this sounds crazy to me coming down all the way from great distance as it is we ALL know, scrimmage a few games ONLY TO BE TOLD YOU MUST LEAVE, WOW THIS FORMAT REALLY SUCKS, THE GIRLS FROM WHITEHORSE WEREN'T HAPPY CAMPERS FOR SURE...is this going to repeat next year? if somebody has a better idea please explain ....

This is not new info- it has been in the works for awhile and
is the CCA's way of saving $. Relegation is here to stay. And everyone would have known the format before they got to PEI. NO surprises.
BTW Consolation .

03-17-13 10:38AM
sternwheeler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sternwheeler Click here to Send sternwheeler a Private Message Find more posts by sternwheeler Add sternwheeler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sternwheeler
Swing Artist

thank you for explaining something I was not aware of

03-17-13 10:44AM
sternwheeler
Swing Artist

this explains why other "cutbacks' are dreamed up I am referring to the annual national postal curling classic which has been going on nearly 50 years, and Canada Post is pulling the plug on funding it , supposedly it will come to closure in 2015 in Winnipeg, the 50th anniversary. This year "no teams " from either Territory will be represented at the national curling classic , truly a shame but such is "politics" and always points to "SHOW ME THE MONEY" VERY SAD

03-17-13 01:31PM
dugless_zone 13 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dugless_zone 13 Click here to Send dugless_zone 13 a Private Message Find more posts by dugless_zone 13 Add dugless_zone 13 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dugless_zone 13
Drawmaster

Get used to it. With relegation scheduled to start in 2015,and the Yukon, NWT and Nunavut all wanting to be represented as its own entity ( along with the Scotties getting a Northern Ontario entry and the Brier getting a Team Canada)this will be the norm. The non qualifying teams plus the last place team from the previous year's Event will play down to pre-qualify. Unfortunately it will not be a free party for the teams that dont make it( rightly so, why should a team that is not in the event get a free vacation on the CCA's dime). Makes all those non-important games at the Scotties and Brier (and other national events) a little more important.

03-17-13 02:26PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

The National Postal curling classic was not a CCA event. Perhaps Canada Post Office can explain why they are cancelling it.

03-17-13 02:30PM
sternwheeler
Swing Artist

gladly it is all about saving $$$$$$$ dollars thesedays and axing a long standing event such as this just tells me if it isn't about 'politics' it is about money very sad but true...

03-17-13 05:50PM
dugless_zone 13 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dugless_zone 13 Click here to Send dugless_zone 13 a Private Message Find more posts by dugless_zone 13 Add dugless_zone 13 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dugless_zone 13
Drawmaster

I'm assuming decreased postal revenue due to increased e-mail use etc. lead to the demise of the spiel.

03-17-13 08:30PM
thefish46 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thefish46 Click here to Send thefish46 a Private Message Find more posts by thefish46 Add thefish46 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thefish46
Harvey Hacksmasher

Re: I question the new ruling by the C.C.A...

quote:
Originally posted by sternwheeler

03-17-13 08:32PM
thefish46 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thefish46 Click here to Send thefish46 a Private Message Find more posts by thefish46 Add thefish46 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thefish46
Harvey Hacksmasher

This is a way that Yukon, the Teritories and Nunavit to have the rest of the curlers in the country to pay for there joint playdowns.

03-17-13 10:16PM
Guest is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Guest Click here to Send Guest a Private Message Visit Guest's homepage! Find more posts by Guest Add Guest to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by thefish46
This is a way that Yukon, the Teritories and Nunavit to have the rest of the curlers in the country to pay for there joint playdowns.
Your argument is with the CCA not the territories you mentioned.

03-18-13 11:17AM
lolar3288 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lolar3288 Click here to Send lolar3288 a Private Message Find more posts by lolar3288 Add lolar3288 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lolar3288
Drawmaster

Re: Re: I question the new ruling by the C.C.A...

quote:
Originally posted by decade

This is not new info- it has been in the works for awhile and
is the CCA's way of saving $. Relegation is here to stay. And everyone would have known the format before they got to PEI. NO surprises.
BTW Consolation .

If the CCA really wants to cut costs cut their wages to what they are really worth....what they would make if they had to go out and get a real job in the real world.

Then cut the staff to a reasonable number......right now it is crazy!

03-18-13 01:46PM
sternwheeler
Swing Artist

Re: Re: Re: I question the new ruling by the C.C.A...

quote:
Originally posted by lolar3288

If the CCA really wants to cut costs cut their wages to what they are really worth....what they would make if they had to go out and get a real job in the real world.

Then cut the staff to a reasonable number......right now itrazy!

gee and I thought CCA people had "full time ' jobs" and or were retired from their day jobs other than volunteering their time to officiate , If I am not mistaken alot of money flows back to the CCA from every day club curlers in the form of seasonal curling fees paid to their club in additional to small amount going to CCA.

03-19-13 07:47AM
amandabulge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for amandabulge Click here to Send amandabulge a Private Message Visit amandabulge's homepage! Find more posts by amandabulge Add amandabulge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
amandabulge
Hitting Paint

It can't be saving much most teams were here since last tuesday evenn monday for pre-qualification and at least 1 out of 3 teams they couldnt get the flight changed to yesterday. Tell me maybe 3 or 4 days less for team.

03-28-13 06:27PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

Quit looking at the CCA for where the money is. Lets rememebr a few years back when the "Grand Slam" started and those teams held out for CCA cash or else. Well now I belive there is fairly large portion of money paid out to those teams now like 50G a year for four years to each of the players on the winning team at the brier. So if my math is right that means if four different teams win over four years they are paying $800,000 to those four teams in year four!
Where is the money now! oh ya those wondefull Grand Slam Teams! They got what they wanted and the rest get the screw!
By the way this is tricking down to the grass roots where Junior teams are getting their funding cut but hey at least the GS teams are able to go golfing in Palm Springs whenever they want!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 209.53.166.92