M: World Senior Curling Championships
Ostersund, SWE
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: CF -- Sat, Apr 27 -- 4:30am ET
CAN (Flemming) Final
USA (Farbelow) (8)
SWE (Wranaa) 11  Final
GER (Kapp) (8)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > World Men's Curling Chmpshp 2016

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 9 of 11 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
04-10-16 11:06AM
Gerry is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Gerry Click here to Send Gerry a Private Message Visit Gerry's homepage! Find more posts by Gerry Add Gerry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gerry
CZ Founder

quote:
Originally posted by Russ

Same broom. I doubt the pads are the same. Every time a Canadian sharp broob touches the ice, the rock makes a sharp turn

The Red pads on the BalancePlus brushes are the Top Gun fabric, same as what is on the Hardline Tour Elite pads.

Both teams have the same brush headspads. More likely that Team Koe may manage the brush pads better and of course having Ben Hebert is a huge advantage too.

Please click on our sponsors' banners periodically, as visiting their sites helps keep CurlingZone.com Free!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

04-10-16 11:16AM
Jimbobogie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jimbobogie Click here to Send Jimbobogie a Private Message Find more posts by Jimbobogie Add Jimbobogie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jimbobogie
Drawmaster

How about using the Spin Mop? They've bought commercial time.😊

04-10-16 11:49AM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

Hooray. Canada Gold. Never a gimme. Always a glorious moment. Congrats Team Koe.

04-10-16 11:54AM
Guest is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Guest Click here to Send Guest a Private Message Visit Guest's homepage! Find more posts by Guest Add Guest to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Super Rockchucker

Thumbs up Great final

quote:
Originally posted by dugless_zone 13
And again as requested before, please cite the rule stating a player is responsible to catch rocks, section and rule number please, a feat that a rulemaster would no doubt have no problem producing.

Rule R2(h) A stone that touches a divider or a side line is removed from play immediately and is prevented from entering adjacent sheets.

This implies it's every player's responsibility.

Regardless, great final. Congrats to Koe and company!

04-10-16 11:56AM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by nelski

I want Koe to win this. He has been quiet in his demeanour and his new crew stepped up to let him do what he does, in his own way. No video - only line scores - but pullin' 4 the leafs.

dont mind koe but will never be able to cheer for ben hebert or mark kennedy. just not a fan of the way they act on the ice.

anyway. not happy with the outcome, think it would have been great for danish curling if rasmus won but a wonderful week for them all the same .

04-10-16 12:15PM
chinabar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chinabar Find more posts by chinabar Add chinabar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chinabar
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by misty1

dont mind koe but will never be able to cheer for ben hebert or mark kennedy. just not a fan of the way they act on the ice.

anyway. not happy with the outcome, think it would have been great for danish curling if rasmus won but a wonderful week for them all the same .

Rasmus is a great shot maker-he has no clue about knowing when to force, what ends to try to count or blank etc. Canada thinks and plays multiple shots and ends ahead to control and win the game, Sterne plays one shot at a time without trying to control a game. Kennedy and his team mates are head and shoulders above any other team right now outside of Canada. The score flattered Denmark.

04-10-16 12:26PM
HotRocks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HotRocks Find more posts by HotRocks Add HotRocks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HotRocks
Drawmaster

2018 Olympics..

quote:
Originally posted by chinabar
Kennedy and his team mates are head and shoulders above any other team right now

Steady as a a rock..
This is a very solid Team..can see them at the next Olympics...
Didn't see any traces of edgy Team Dynamics..
perhaps the idea of having a Sports Psychologist right with
the Team on ice is a good idea..

Well Done Kevin, Marc, Brent, Benny, Scott and coaching Team..

04-10-16 12:33PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

Re: 2018 Olympics..

quote:
Originally posted by HotRocks

Steady as a a rock..
This is a very solid Team..can see them at the next Olympics...
Didn't see any traces of edgy Team Dynamics..
perhaps the idea of having a Sports Psychologist right with
the Team on ice is a good idea..

Well Done Kevin, Marc, Brent, Benny, Scott and coaching Team..

Well said. Since moving Kennedy up to vice, they've become much stronger. I've noticed they have become a bit faster time wise...not too much chatter.

I hope the Danish team sticks together, they gave Canada a good fight.

04-10-16 12:36PM
prairie guy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for prairie guy Click here to Send prairie guy a Private Message Find more posts by prairie guy Add prairie guy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
prairie guy
Swing Artist

After team Koe won the first Slam in September I thought this would not be a good sign for the rest of the men's teams in the World. What a difference a year makes. He was just the skip you want firing that rocket at the end.

04-10-16 12:42PM
Tap Back is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tap Back Click here to Send Tap Back a Private Message Find more posts by Tap Back Add Tap Back to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tap Back
Super Rockchucker

quote:

anyway. not happy with the outcome,

Better get used to it as this team is solid and the best in the World without any question.

I suppose you are now a big fan of Shuster now after calling him a choker early in the week!

04-10-16 01:08PM
Claire Marie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Claire Marie Click here to Send Claire Marie a Private Message Find more posts by Claire Marie Add Claire Marie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Claire Marie
Harvey Hacksmasher

I've never been a fan of Team Koe, but I have to hand it to them for playing a great competition all week, and managing a win for Canada. I wasn't going to cheer for them, but national pride won out on that one. I hope someday my favorite team gets to go to worlds again though. I was surprised by the Americans for pushing through and getting the bronze albeit with some controversy around it.

04-10-16 01:38PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

Great win for Canada! And Koe can smile
Maybe the WCF needs to work on the podium size. Hard to fit 6 people on that small space.

04-10-16 01:48PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by Tap Back

Better get used to it as this team is solid and the best in the World without any question.

I suppose you are now a big fan of Shuster now after calling him a choker early in the week!

why would you assume that? im not a bandwagoner.

04-10-16 03:41PM
Phil_D is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Phil_D Click here to Send Phil_D a Private Message Visit Phil_D's homepage! Find more posts by Phil_D Add Phil_D to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Phil_D
Drawmaster

Great final game, well played by both teams.

Bronze was a great game too where both teams played well.

Good to see, blowouts can be fun but not always exciting to watch.

Co-host of the NerdCurl podcast & occasional blogger.

http://www.nerdcurl.com

04-10-16 05:19PM
Nine Ender is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nine Ender Find more posts by Nine Ender Add Nine Ender to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nine Ender
Swing Artist

quote:
really hoping for denmark here. the sport is in desperate need of something to kick it back up again in that country and maybe the men winning the worlds would do just that.

Koe winning is much better for the sport, he's the best team and every sport needs some top teams to excel a set a high bar for everyone else. Every time one of these elite teams win helps give Curling credibility and gives youngsters of any country a high standard to aim for.

You seem to constantly cheer for mediocrity at these events. Denmark was good, but Koe and team are a higher level. Koe has now made his mark on Curling history as a repeat World winner and multi-year Brier champion, including one of the toughest fields this year.

Great day for Curling. Countries like Denmark and the US can get plenty of interest from a medal after long droughts in this regard. Koe helps continue the strong tradition of excellence in men's curling in Canada. This is something we are damn good at.

Last edited by Nine Ender on 04-10-16 at 05:21PM

04-10-16 05:27PM
Nine Ender is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nine Ender Find more posts by Nine Ender Add Nine Ender to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nine Ender
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Tap Back

Misty tends to make faulty forecasts based on mainly emotions. For example, in a previous post, she suggested that because the Danes had beaten Brett Gallant in a junior final in 2009, that somehow there was a historical precedence here for the Danes to win.

Koe's excellence and the track record of all these players said otherwise. Denmark had the quality to keep the game close, and very few world finals are not close. The best team won, and it's amazing in a sport designed for close games how often quality prevails. But it does and perhaps this is a great indicator of the continued strength of the sport.

Great day for Curling.

04-10-16 06:05PM
MBTuck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MBTuck Click here to Send MBTuck a Private Message Find more posts by MBTuck Add MBTuck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MBTuck
Harvey Hacksmasher

[QUOTE]Originally posted by misty1

[/QUOTE

Benny is definitely a character and some people question the things he says/does. Personally i enjoy it, i think its good for the game of curling. But i understand how people can be agitated by him.

But criticizing Kennedy is completely uncalled for. Marc always rules in the side of gentleman play in difficult situations. Also his demeanor on the ice, dealing with at times, a team full of alpha dogs is commendable. How many times during a grand slam broadcast does Kevin Martin speak highly about Marc as a teammate?

I'm not sure which team/players you're watching.

04-10-16 06:34PM
chinabar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chinabar Find more posts by chinabar Add chinabar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chinabar
Harvey Hacksmasher

I hope Rycroft and Thiessen were paying attention to what real team mates look like with Koe's current team and dominance. It seems Koe made the right choice giving up Team Canada status to get away from players who were all wanting to skip and be the hero.

04-10-16 06:47PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Nine Ender

Misty tends to make faulty forecasts based on mainly emotions. For example, in a previous post, she suggested that because the Danes had beaten Brett Gallant in a junior final in 2009, that somehow there was a historical precedence here for the Danes to win.

K
[/QUOT

Unless my memory is completely shot, Misty is not a "she" , Misty is his dogs name.

04-10-16 08:01PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by Nine Ender

Koe winning is much better for the sport, he's the best team and every sport needs some top teams to excel a set a high bar for everyone else. Every time one of these elite teams win helps give Curling credibility and gives youngsters of any country a high standard to aim for.

You seem to constantly cheer for mediocrity at these events. Denmark was good, but Koe and team are a higher level. Koe has now made his mark on Curling history as a repeat World winner and multi-year Brier champion, including one of the toughest fields this year.

Great day for Curling. Countries like Denmark and the US can get plenty of interest from a medal after long droughts in this regard. Koe helps continue the strong tradition of excellence in men's curling in Canada. This is something we are damn good at.

you seem like someone who thinks that the same teams winning everything is a good thing and whats best. dont like it when new faces break through and win , you'd rather have thins stay the same as long as possible

i, on the other hand like it when new names break through. its not like rasmus is some no one. he's a former world junior champ, european silver and bronze medalist. this team is a lot better than the ranking suggests.

rooting for the under dog is something i also like to do and, no it doesnt mean im cheering for mediocrity.

thats isnt to say i want total randomness . but every now and then its nice to see anew name get to the top.

Last edited by misty1 on 04-10-16 at 08:13PM

04-10-16 08:02PM
Sean is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sean Find more posts by Sean Add Sean to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sean
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by Claire Marie
I've never been a fan of Team Koe, but I have to hand it to them for playing a great competition all week, and managing a win for Canada. I wasn't going to cheer for them, but national pride won out on that one.

I was surprised by the Americans for pushing through and getting the bronze albeit with some controversy around it.

My thoughts exactly.
Don't usually root for Koe but seeing Canada win a Gold Medal again at Worlds is pretty sweet. They deserve it after going through that tough field at the Brier, toughened them up for Basel.

Huge Week for the Americans and the Danes but for me this week was needed for Shuster and USACurl. After countless disapointments on the international scene for John, a bronze medal will feel like Gold for him as it should with the hard work and criticism he's had to deal with.

Can't say a bad word about how these Worlds ended up, good week.

04-10-16 08:03PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by Nine Ender

Koe's excellence and the track record of all these players said otherwise. Denmark had the quality to keep the game close, and very few world finals are not close. The best team won, and it's amazing in a sport designed for close games how often quality prevails. But it does and perhaps this is a great indicator of the continued strength of the sport.

Great day for Curling.

first of all, and i know i have told you this before: i am a guy. ny user name is after my first pet.

secondly the denmark thing wasnt meant to be taken seriously. it was more of a "wouldnt it be funny if it happened that way again"thing . it was not a serious post, just playful.

04-10-16 08:07PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

Re: Kevin Koe just may be

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
Canada's Greatest Team - EVER...

I'm starting a separate thread ranking the great ones. Koe will be top of the list!

Showed great stuff and demeanour today!

he's really not and i dont buy him being the best team in the world right now. i would lean more toward gushue , jacobs or mcewen..its tough for me to call between the three.

lets remember koe got out played in that brier semi against northern ontario. they should have lost but brad kept letting them off the hook and then they won on the measure of a biter.

we wouldnt be singing koe's praises if he lost that semi final . you'd be saying this about gushue or jacobs.

but even putting that aside its just not reasonable to say he is canada's best ever. he's still not above martin, stoughton or howard or even ferbey

he's in the top 10 though

04-10-16 08:40PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

Koe has been the best shot maker in curling for the past 5 or so years. If the ice is good this team will win. It seems when the ice gets a bit tricky they have a bit of trouble, but seem to fight through it by the end of the game. Kevin made the runback a common shot in the last 6 years. Other teams have had to bring their precision up just to keep up to Koe.

04-11-16 02:57PM
GreatCanadian is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GreatCanadian Click here to Send GreatCanadian a Private Message Find more posts by GreatCanadian Add GreatCanadian to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GreatCanadian
Harvey Hacksmasher

Re: Re: Kevin Koe just may be

quote:

he's really not and i dont buy him being the best team in the world right now. i would lean more toward gushue , jacobs or mcewen..its tough for me to call between the three.

So, Koe has 3 Brier Championships, which is two more than the TOTAL of your three choices. Ok.

Last edited by GreatCanadian on 04-11-16 at 03:49PM