M: World Senior Curling Championships
Ostersund, SWE
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: CF -- Sat, Apr 27 -- 4:30am ET
CAN (Flemming) Final
USA (Farbelow) (8)
SWE (Wranaa) 11  Final
GER (Kapp) (8)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > Masters of Curling 2013

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 6 of 7 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
11-02-13 11:57PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

Jen Jones aint getting any support, Kate Lawes having a rare putrid game, curling 50% !
The other canadian team is so friggin boring to watch, i dont care if they win or lose.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.84.179.47

11-03-13 12:26AM
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by misty1

yeah and they seem to love Rachel. Im not really sure who's worse. The TSN crew loves jen and will rant on about her forever while this crew will do the same with Rachel.

i went into this draw liking jones and homan equally. After watching the style of game homan plays and listening to all three broadcasters salivate all over themselves after every wide-open hit,
i know who i'm cheering for and against at the trials.

Go Jones

11-03-13 12:52AM
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered

i went into this draw liking jones and homan equally. After watching the style of game homan plays and listening to all three broadcasters salivate all over themselves after every wide-open hit,
i know who i'm cheering for and against at the trials.

Go Jones

As i was typing homan plays a couple of great shots and basically won the game.
Sunday - Homan vs Muirhead.

11-03-13 01:22AM
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend

Obviously Jones is the most exciting female curler, perhaps in history. But she really leaves herself exposed at times. Everyone thought Little Lawes would morph into an experienced superstar third by now but she really let JJ down tonite.

JJ is nearing 40 and this year's Roar will be her last kick at the cat. She has tons of supporters, not just in Manitoba.

But if Kaitlyn Lawes goes sour, she'll have no chance at the Roar.

Obviously!!
With most of the teams being evenly matched you can say the same thing about the other fifteen teams. If a 3rd shoots 65-75 % during the week of the roar, their team is dead, no matter the skip

11-03-13 01:31AM
radiowave is offline Click Here to See the Profile for radiowave Click here to Send radiowave a Private Message Find more posts by radiowave Add radiowave to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
radiowave
Hitting Paint

Well the two best women's teams are in the final imo, but I don't think Homan is quite at the level she was last year in the provincials and scotties. Last year in close games you felt like it was only a matter of time before they pulled away from opponents. Not so much in this early season where it feels like even more of a grind. The front end has been a bit scrappy this week, so the team definitely has another gear in them. If they don't find it tomorrow against Muirhead I think we may see Eve and co. pull way like they did with Jones. Although Rachel's style often keeps her in close games even if her team isn't feeling it, so it will be interesting. We see the flashes of brilliance from team Homan with the run backs and amazing draws, etc, so I hope we see more of that tomorrow.

Howard vs. Martin. When these two guys match -up it's often a grind-out slugfest. Coin flip for me, but I'm giving the slight edge to Howard.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

11-03-13 01:35AM
radiowave is offline Click Here to See the Profile for radiowave Click here to Send radiowave a Private Message Find more posts by radiowave Add radiowave to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
radiowave
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by curlerbroad

Where are the crowds? There were more at the slam in Toronto last Spring!

Tell me about it, at times it seemed like the crowds were bigger in Latvia, lol.

11-03-13 01:35AM
InOffFor4 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for InOffFor4 Find more posts by InOffFor4 Add InOffFor4 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
InOffFor4
Harvey Hacksmasher

I personally cannot wait until Jones puts Homan in her place in the trials final. The most exciting curler against the most boring. Who would you want representing us? Easy choice.

11-03-13 01:42AM
radiowave
Hitting Paint

I'd want the best. And make no mistake, Jones is the heavy favorite in Winnipeg having the 12th man behind her. Like an extra shot of adrenaline each time she goes out.

Last edited by radiowave on 11-03-13 at 01:51AM

11-03-13 01:22AM
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by InOffFor4
I personally cannot wait until Jones puts Homan in her place in the trials final. The most exciting curler against the most boring. Who would you want representing us? Easy choice.

lol. pathetic. Your girl got beat, now lap it up like a good doggy. Sore LOSER is right. And no guarantee these teams make the final, plenty of teams with a chance. You do realise there are more then 2 teams right? lol

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 208.72.123.163

11-03-13 02:38AM
Unregistered

quote:

lol. pathetic. Your girl got beat, now lap it up like a good doggy. Sore LOSER is right. And no guarantee these teams make the final, plenty of teams with a chance. You do realise there are more then 2 teams right? lol

LOL
You seem a little too sensitive.

11-03-13 07:52AM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:

Who is representing switzerland at the olympics, is it ott again?

yes

11-03-13 07:54AM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

quote:

And how many chancess has JJ had to represent us at the olys and choked her way through rhe trials? Exciting does not translate to medals in any language!!

11-03-13 10:31AM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Last night the great Jones was scrambling from the get-go;

If Jones wants to rep Canada she'll almost have to do it herself and put in an unworldy performance.

OMG.... UNWORLDLY. Is that even a word. Calm down ML. In front of a hometown crowd, they'll be just fine.

11-03-13 10:40AM
Unregistered

If Jones wants to rep Canada she'll almost have to do it herself and put in an unworldy performance.

Don't underestimate Jennifer Jones, you don't know what she's capable of.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 68.69.220.100

11-03-13 12:28PM
Sean is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sean Find more posts by Sean Add Sean to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sean
Administrator

quote:

I want someone who could win GOLD in Sochi to representing us..... Easy Choice.

11-03-13 12:58PM
Mowich is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mowich Click here to Send Mowich a Private Message Find more posts by Mowich Add Mowich to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mowich
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Thank the lord TSN doesn't use Rod Black on curling.

Be very thankful, as I am also a fan of the CFL and Skate Canada I can't tell you how excruciating it is to have to listen to that idiot. Richard Hart rocks as a commentator.

11-03-13 01:00PM
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by albetts

OMG.... UNWORLDLY. Is that even a word. Calm down ML. In front of a hometown crowd, they'll be just fine.

Yeah, it sounds like his typical BS on a bun. Already making excuses are we? This has been his obvious strategy on these boards. Undersell Jones so when she does win, he can come back and write " Oh, this is why she's a Legend and the greatest, most exciting thing in history, etc." If she loses,well, the writing was already on the wall and then he'll rip the team top to bottom with his usual passive/aggressive style. Textbook.

On the other hand he'll build up Homan to inhuman levels and call them the "mean girls" who are incapable of losing if on their game. So naturally when they do lose it will (hopefully in his mind) reflect badly on them. This guys as complex as the comic strip on a gum wrapper.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 208.72.122.102

11-03-13 01:06PM
Mowich is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mowich Click here to Send Mowich a Private Message Find more posts by Mowich Add Mowich to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mowich
Harvey Hacksmasher

Glenn vs Martin about to get underway on CBC - Go Glenn Howard!

11-03-13 01:52PM
CURLING NUTS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLING NUTS Click here to Send CURLING NUTS a Private Message Visit CURLING NUTS's homepage! Find more posts by CURLING NUTS Add CURLING NUTS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLING NUTS
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by ObsessiveCurler

Maybe a little too early in Homan's career (experience) to expect a gold medal, let alone represent Canada.

11-03-13 02:29PM
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by ObsessiveCurler

Easy Choice? It will be a miracle if she even makes it to the play offs.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 68.68.96.36

11-03-13 04:46PM
CURLING NUTS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLING NUTS Click here to Send CURLING NUTS a Private Message Visit CURLING NUTS's homepage! Find more posts by CURLING NUTS Add CURLING NUTS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLING NUTS
Swing Artist

Martin had a rather large lip-on the last 3 ends of that game! There will be some getting-used-to with respect to Nedohin's release/delivery in the next few weeks.

11-03-13 08:43PM
Mowich
Harvey Hacksmasher

Congrats to Team Howard and Team Homan for great wins today at the finals. Both skips recovered nicely from a couple of blips and misses and were very impressive on many of their shots. Nice to see 2 Canadian teams take it. Defeating the reigning champ was big for Rachel and the ladies and they did it in style.

11-03-13 09:04PM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

Thanks Homan Rink and Howard Rink. Nice to see two Ontario winners amongst the worlds best curlers. Nice going guys and gals. And, thanks Sportsnet for your excellent coverage.

11-03-13 09:09PM
Unregistered

quote:

I think no matter who reps Canada in the womens they're gonna have their share of difficulties against the already-declared Olympic teams of Ott, Sigfriddson, Muirhead even Russia's Sidorova.

Lets look at the top Cdn teams:

1. Homan - really peaked when she double-slaughtered Jones at last year's Scotties. Showed a bit of nerves, anger and faulty strategy at times during Worlds where she was handled.

2. Jones - a most electrifying brand of womens curling, Jones calls a mens style aggressive game but often lacks support from her curlers in accomplishing this goal. Mentally, she's as tough as they come. Unfortunately, can't say the same for her emotional third, Young Kaitlyn Lawes. All the teams will have the same scouting report. Beat Officer into the house and force higher degree of difficulty shots on Lawes. She'll eventually crack.

3. Lawton - slightly younger than Jones but throws a similar type of stone. Emotionally fragile at times, she's improved a ton in the last 2 or 3 years. Still hasn't won a Scott title. Jones has 25 yr old baby third, Lawton has the veteran experience of former skip Sherry Anderson. Anderson nearing 50 but still punching in nice performances. Singler and Officer are saw-offs at second; neither delivering consistently over-whelming percentages. Krasner matches up well with almost any lead in the game, even Dawn McEwen.

4. Nedohin - her games are interesting because she knows her strategy and she's so lovingly (for some) neurotic a lot of people cheer for her. Iskiw delivers solid outings at third, front end fundamentally solid.

If they get super hot and on a roll in Winnipeg, Kelly Scott and Chelsea Carey could run the table if the Front 4 are somehow all off form. Neither Scott nor Carey would give me much confidence in Sochi. Perhaps outside shot at bronze. Really outside. A trio of Alberta rinks are still pursuing Olympic dreams but Kleibrink, Webster and Bernard can all be classified as outsiders.

kaitlynn curled 94% in last years Scotties finals.. Jennifer curled 84% 9 percentage points less than Rachels 93% Always blaming kaitlynn you a re get your facts straight and pay attention to statistics. Statistics are always proving you wrong

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 99.250.205.64

11-03-13 09:22PM
Unregistered

Thanks to Sportsnet for the excellent coverage. I wonder what the TV numbers were? I love love love watching curling on TV

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 64.229.80.89