M: World Senior Curling Championships
Ostersund, SWE
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: CF -- Sat, Apr 27 -- 4:30am ET
CAN (Flemming) Final
USA (Farbelow) (8)
SWE (Wranaa) 11  Final
GER (Kapp) (8)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 2 of 2 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 |   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
11-19-13 12:15AM
curlky is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlky Click here to Send curlky a Private Message Find more posts by curlky Add curlky to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlky
Drawmaster

Count the 2010 Olympics with a grain of salt. Shuster played poorly in those Olympics. In fact if I recall, the team made him a healthy scratch, and benched him after a few games due to his poor play.

Also in question are his nerves, which he readily admitted to in an interview at the trials, and watching some late end skip rocks in game #2 of the championship.

And as for how Shuster got 5, the ice did change a bit, but I think that Fenson made some interesting choices with Vice and Skips rocks. Even Shawn (his vice) questions his choice to throw draw. There was a mess of rocks at the top of the house, and had Fenson choose to just accept giving up 1 or 2, he probably could have played some hits into the pile of rocks, and cleared things out to limit his damages. Guess he choose to be aggressive, and it just didnt work out.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

11-19-13 01:33AM
clutch is offline Click Here to See the Profile for clutch Click here to Send clutch a Private Message Find more posts by clutch Add clutch to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
clutch
Hitting Paint

I didn't see how the first part of that end developed but the angles and rock position really favored Shoostie. Even though the angles were against him, I did think Pete would limit the damage but that route is kind of conceding the 2 or 3 which obviously would have been better but hindsight it 20/20. Just one good shot to steal or force and maybe you get out of it. That track fooled Shoostie a bit too,just seemed to hang there and sometimes bite late, Ike had one short and John thought they got his first one a touch deep. Risk and Reward or lack thereof - that's why we love the game, besides the sheer fun of it and the scotch of course.
clutch

11-19-13 08:01AM
Stoner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Stoner Click here to Send Stoner a Private Message Find more posts by Stoner Add Stoner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Stoner
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by tuck
Everybody seems so quick to remember the two win Olympics. How about the 7-4 tie for third at the Worlds just months previous? Those 7 wins, by the way, included wins over many of the same teams they will face in Fussen.

Now I don't mean to interrupt an argument about whether Face and Da Boyz had a good year or bad year so far. I, for one, found it impressive.

Ben Tucker

Oh right, that too, it was almost a year before the Olympics though, not just months.

I didn't realize that they had a fair bit of int. exp., I had never really heard of this team until this season, I don't really follow US curling that much, never seen Shuster play, probably because I'm usually watching team Canada, usually it's Fenson or McCormick in there for the US.

11-19-13 09:35AM
biterbar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for biterbar Click here to Send biterbar a Private Message Find more posts by biterbar Add biterbar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
biterbar
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by Stoner
[B

I didn't realize that they had a fair bit of int. exp., I had never really heard of this team until this season, I don't really follow US curling that much, never seen Shuster play, probably because I'm usually watching team Canada, usually it's Fenson or McCormick in there for the US. [/B]

I am taking that as a win!

11-19-13 11:49AM
Stoner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Stoner Click here to Send Stoner a Private Message Find more posts by Stoner Add Stoner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Stoner
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by biterbar

I am taking that as a win!

Just don't know when to quit do you, what are you like 5.

12-13-13 01:08PM
tuck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tuck Click here to Send tuck a Private Message Find more posts by tuck Add tuck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tuck
Super Rockchucker

Team USA faces Finland at 1pm Central time today for the final game of the round robin. 4 team logjam at the top of the leaderboard and all 4 teams playing the 4 teams that are (pretty much) out of it. (Kiwis could sneak in with a win if 2 of the other sheets break their way)

This is a Must Win, of course. It would be nice if one of the other 4 leaders...or two or three...would take a loss. Head-to-head within the group of 4 isn't great for the USA to avoid the tiebreaker game.

Ben Tucker
USA USA USA

12-14-13 10:39PM
tuck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tuck Click here to Send tuck a Private Message Find more posts by tuck Add tuck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tuck
Super Rockchucker

For All The Marbles...5:30 in the morning. Am I going to get up at 5:30am to watch these four idiots curl? Yeah. I probably am. GO USA! They are not idiots and I am a bit of a curling junkie.

I'm pretty proud of my picks. Whatever happens tomorrow, I feel I really nailed it on the Women's side. China and Japan were a tsunami. For the Men's side I had the USA and Japan. My thinking for both genders was that an aggressive schedule and extensive experience in Canada was the way to harden a team for this event. The USA, Japan and Korea took that route. I just had the wrong Pacific Rim country doing well this time. Korea played in 5 events this year. If they keep it up, they will do OK when they host the next Winter Olympics.

Ben Tucker

12-14-13 11:55PM
Alice is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Alice Click here to Send Alice a Private Message Find more posts by Alice Add Alice to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alice
Swing Artist

Many will be up early Sunday in the USA to root for Team Shuster. Go boys!!!

It has been interesting to see these Olympic qualifiers. Amazing how many countries are true contenders for both men and women. Who would have "thunk" there'd be so many ties in the round robins? And, it is very interesting to see how each of the top teams prepared in the last four years such as how the Czechs and a Scottish club built some good relationships... Expecting much more international travel for top teams in the next four years.

12-15-13 07:26AM
Beermaker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Beermaker Click here to Send Beermaker a Private Message Find more posts by Beermaker Add Beermaker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Beermaker
Drawmaster

I see Curling Zone is not showing the link to the USA VS Czech game, here it is:

http://sochi2014.curlingevents.com/oqe

12-15-13 08:35AM
biterbar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for biterbar Click here to Send biterbar a Private Message Find more posts by biterbar Add biterbar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
biterbar
Drawmaster

That first shot for Face in the 8th was a peach. Snitl dumped that raise. Nice patient game by the US waiting for their spot.

The between end music after the eigth was Stroke by Billy Squire?

Last edited by biterbar on 12-15-13 at 08:38AM

12-15-13 09:10AM
tuck
Super Rockchucker

USA USA USA

12-15-13 09:10AM
peteski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for peteski Click here to Send peteski a Private Message Find more posts by peteski Add peteski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
peteski
Drawmaster

Congrats on the win guys. Wouldn't be the same without the USA.

12-15-13 09:18AM
clutch is offline Click Here to See the Profile for clutch Click here to Send clutch a Private Message Find more posts by clutch Add clutch to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
clutch
Hitting Paint

Super Job !!!

Really proud of Shoostie and the boys ! The team chemistry on this squad is great, head down and they just go about their business. Especially happy for John Landsteiner or as we like to say Olympian and the pride of Mapleton - it has a nice ring to it. Congrats to all qualifiers and competitors. Good curling.

clutch

12-15-13 09:33AM
UpYerKilt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for UpYerKilt Find more posts by UpYerKilt Add UpYerKilt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UpYerKilt
Super Rockchucker

Congrats USA

Well done Shuster and gang..over 1500 people watching WorldCurling TV..

Good for Curling and the many great USA curlers and fans who need some good news

12-16-13 07:56AM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by tuck
USA USA USA

Here's the link to TNS's morning e mail. Enjoy. And, congrats to team USA for qualifying.

http://www.tsn.ca/curling/story/?id=439044

12-16-13 10:45AM
Shotrock1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Shotrock1 Click here to Send Shotrock1 a Private Message Find more posts by Shotrock1 Add Shotrock1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Shotrock1
Harvey Hacksmasher

Congrats to team USA ... really well done and excellent preparation for the Olympics. We'll be cheering for you!

12-17-13 02:40PM
WanderBo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for WanderBo Click here to Send WanderBo a Private Message Find more posts by WanderBo Add WanderBo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
WanderBo
Knee-Slider

Sorry about the off-topic, but could anybody help me with the pronunciation of the following names: Jared Zezel, Isaakson, Landsteiner? I need that for an article I'm writing about the US team.
Thanks a lot in advance

12-17-13 02:53PM
jhcurl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jhcurl Click here to Send jhcurl a Private Message Visit jhcurl's homepage! Find more posts by jhcurl Add jhcurl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by WanderBo
Sorry about the off-topic, but could anybody help me with the pronunciation of the following names: Jared Zezel, Isaakson, Landsteiner? I need that for an article I'm writing about the US team.
Thanks a lot in advance

Contact Terry Kolesar at the USCA. Her contact info is at http://www.teamusa.org/USA-Curling.aspx