M: World Senior Curling Championships
Ostersund, SWE
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: CF -- Sat, Apr 27 -- 4:30am ET
CAN (Flemming) Final
USA (Farbelow) (8)
SWE (Wranaa) 11  Final
GER (Kapp) (8)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 12 of 16 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
03-08-14 08:01PM
Curling Dave is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Curling Dave Click here to Send Curling Dave a Private Message Visit Curling Dave's homepage! Find more posts by Curling Dave Add Curling Dave to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Curling Dave
Swing Artist

Re: Menard vs. Stoughton

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
Jeff's magic has worn off. Joining the Koe club.

JM & Marty making everything.

Bad steal allowed by Jeff in 5.... gives JM control at the break!

Menard might be the only team capable of taking out Johnny Mo if Jeff has gone into rut mode!

Bizarre call. I thought for sure he draws. All he had to do is hit the 4 foot. 90% of the time he draws. 90% of the other elite team skips throw a draw (at least 90%). Again, bizarre call!!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

03-08-14 08:31PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

Good for Quebec. Now there's gonna be some drama and more pouting from Koe if he loses again. I wouldn't be at all shocked if the boys from "La Belle Province" DID win lol. Interesting turn of events.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 67.193.216.104

03-08-14 08:55PM
Unregistered

Manitoba Legend: you do realize you are just talking to yourself!! Give it a rest. I am proud of the Manitoba team!! They had a great week and there is only one winner.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 192.229.24.178

03-09-14 12:25AM
Unregistered

Anyone else notice Crete sweep that rock in the 8th end before the t?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 184.151.61.205

03-09-14 01:09AM
BMalc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BMalc Click here to Send BMalc a Private Message Find more posts by BMalc Add BMalc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BMalc
Harvey Hacksmasher

I have been at a booth for the entire Brier and there are a lot of things that need to change about the Brier. I've heard a great deal of complaining about the price of draw tickets, especially children paying $25+. Not getting families attracted for sure. We're celebrating 4,000 attendees when 9,00 used to be a poor attendance figure. The sponsor booths were "tucked" away in a back room where the merchandise venue was. 90% of the spectators came in the front door and never saw them. The Patch at the end of the week was so full they had to shut the doors to entry. So, even if you had a ticket, you might not get in.
I know this is very negative, but I want to salute the volunteer group of Kamloops who have done everything they can to make this event a success. The one consistent thing is the players are very approachable and go out of their way to engage the spectators.

At least, if you win the national championship here, you go to the worlds. Could be worse!!

Last edited by BMalc on 03-09-14 at 10:48AM

03-09-14 01:43AM
gmichaels2014 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for gmichaels2014 Click here to Send gmichaels2014 a Private Message Find more posts by gmichaels2014 Add gmichaels2014 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gmichaels2014
Knee-Slider

quote:
Originally posted by BMalc
At least, if you win the national championship here, you go to the worlds. Could be worse!!

Amen.

03-09-14 09:06AM
Unregistered

Well unfortunately Quebec couldn't continue their streak and now we have Alberta v.s British Columbia for the 3rd time.

Who will I be cheering for? British Columbia. To me BC has already proven themselves to be better than Alberta and likewise with Quebec having proven to be better than Manitoba. I will hope they beat Koe for a 3rd time but sadly I suspect Alberta will come out on top this time.

Its a very similar situation in the Switzerland finals. Peter De Cruz has beaten Sven Michel 3 times in a row and is set to take him on again in the final. Should Michel win he'll have only beaten him once of the 4 times they played...could we really say the best team will be at worlds if De Cruz cant beat him a 4th time? I say not

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.77.253.19

03-09-14 01:02PM
alex is offline Click Here to See the Profile for alex Click here to Send alex a Private Message Find more posts by alex Add alex to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
alex
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by BMalc
I have been at a booth for the entire Brier and there are a lot of things that need to change about the Brier. I've heard a great deal of complaining about the price of draw tickets, especially children paying $25+. Not getting families attracted for sure. We're celebrating 4,000 attendees when 9,00 used to be a poor attendance figure. The sponsor booths were "tucked" away in a back room where the merchandise venue was. 90% of the spectators came in the front door and never saw them. The Patch at the end of the week was so full they had to shut the doors to entry. So, even if you had a ticket, you might not get in.
I know this is very negative, but I want to salute the volunteer group of Kamloops who have done everything they can to make this event a success. The one consistent thing is the players are very approachable and go out of their way to engage the spectators.

I agree with your comments. Also some morning games few people in attendance but almost no concessions open so long lineups. Also games take forever with tv timeouts and delays. Sat. night game over 3.5 hours, way too long to sit in those seats. Went to patch one day at lunch and terrible entertainment and way too noisy. Haven't gone back as too full when anyone would want to go. Weather and accommodations great and Kamloops people friendly.

03-09-14 01:29PM
Unregistered

Unhappy

got to feel for quebec

03-09-14 01:54PM
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered
Well unfortunately Quebec couldn't continue their streak and now we have Alberta v.s British Columbia for the 3rd time.

Who will I be cheering for? British Columbia. To me BC has already proven themselves to be better than Alberta and likewise with Quebec having proven to be better than Manitoba. I will hope they beat Koe for a 3rd time but sadly I suspect Alberta will come out on top this time.

Its a very similar situation in the Switzerland finals. Peter De Cruz has beaten Sven Michel 3 times in a row and is set to take him on again in the final. Should Michel win he'll have only beaten him once of the 4 times they played...could we really say the best team will be at worlds if De Cruz cant beat him a 4th time? I say not

If John Morris actually resides and works in BC, I would actually cheer for him. He's a great coach and skip. Let's hope the CCA makes it clear as mud that one shall live and work at the province (or within 60 miles in case of near border towns) in order to participate in provincial play downs and to represent your province for the Brier.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 142.161.159.24

03-09-14 03:19PM
Unregistered

I hope Alberta wins. And when I say Alberta, I mean the Alberta team with the Saskatchewan at third, not the BC team with the Albertan at third/skip.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 68.144.179.201

03-09-14 03:29PM
Unregistered

quote:
I hope Alberta wins. And when I say Alberta, I mean the Alberta team with the Saskatchewan at third, not the BC team with the Albertan at third/skip.

I couldn't agree more.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 68.151.96.229

03-09-14 03:38PM
Guest is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Guest Click here to Send Guest a Private Message Visit Guest's homepage! Find more posts by Guest Add Guest to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Super Rockchucker

I predict the skip from Alberta wins!

03-09-14 03:39PM
Unregistered legend

Koe is even more expressionless than Brad Jacobs. I'm talking Mike McEwen levels.

Morris is a humdinger. Lot of his former volatile personality mixed with the Verbal Kint genius of Kevin Martin. I kinda like the never-ending rant but thats just me!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 207.219.69.254

03-09-14 04:52PM
Unregistered

Just wondering what should have happened. In Draw 17 2nd end of the Alberta/Quebec game Koe took out a guard and rolled towards the boards. Koe's shooter stopped 2 or 3 feet from the boards and Simmons walked over and kicked it off as if it had hit and bounced back. Clearly the rock was in play. Should the officials have stepped in and replaced the rock?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 209.89.153.11

03-09-14 05:13PM
JB42 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JB42 Click here to Send JB42 a Private Message Find more posts by JB42 Add JB42 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JB42
Drawmaster

Quebec should have said something, and failing that the officials should have stepped in.

03-09-14 06:46PM
Unregistered

I don't think Quebec noticed that the rock hadn't hit the boards. They must have all been watching the other rocks leave the house.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 209.89.153.11

03-09-14 07:08PM
Unregistered

Anywhere to watch the final live streaming? I don't have access to tv, just internet.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.114.40.216

03-09-14 08:13PM
JB42 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JB42 Click here to Send JB42 a Private Message Find more posts by JB42 Add JB42 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JB42
Drawmaster

re Streaming

I have the same problem. VOD a few hours after is the only thing I've found.

My kingdom for the CBC with their webcast channel to take over curling.

03-09-14 08:36PM
Unregistered

okay so here's a question. If Alberta wins the Brier and the team dispands as is expected then does Kevin Koe still get his trip back as Canada? . How many of this team does he have to keep with him?.

03-09-14 09:12PM
Unregistered

It looks like the John Morris and Jim Cotter machine became a bit human. Look out, Koe looks like he's a very determine mission.

03-09-14 09:33PM
Unregistered

Well it's pretty safe to say koe won't miss tonight. Morris and cotter done. It's all good for Johnny mo though. He'll be on koe's team next year and back at brier wearing 4th different coulours. Team Canada! You heard it here first. Koe,Morris,Kennedy and thiessen next year!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.114.36.168

03-09-14 09:34PM
CURLING NUTS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLING NUTS Click here to Send CURLING NUTS a Private Message Visit CURLING NUTS's homepage! Find more posts by CURLING NUTS Add CURLING NUTS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLING NUTS
Swing Artist

quote:
It looks like the John Morris and Jim Cotter machine became a bit human. Look out, Koe looks like he's a very determine mission.

Just doesn't seem right ..does it? You beat'em in the round robin, you beat 'em in the page. What's one to do? BUT that's the nature of the beast...it's not what you win but when you win it.

03-09-14 09:49PM
Unregistered

Thumbs up well

Game over. Does Morris actually get a house and a job in BC is the next question. Manitoba has a couple of potential openings though he will need to get some restraining orders to keep the stray cougars away .

03-09-14 09:51PM
Unregistered

quote:
Well it's pretty safe to say koe won't miss tonight. Morris and cotter done. It's all good for Johnny mo though. He'll be on koe's team next year and back at brier wearing 4th different coulours. Team Canada! You heard it here first. Koe,Morris,Kennedy and thiessen next year!

Team Canada has to keep 3 of its 4 original members so this isn't possible.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 142.68.185.185