M: World Senior Curling Championships
Ostersund, SWE
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: CF -- Sat, Apr 27 -- 4:30am ET
CAN (Flemming) Final
USA (Farbelow) (8)
SWE (Wranaa) 11  Final
GER (Kapp) (8)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > Coaching & Training > Chinese Curling Association National Coach

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
05-02-13 01:34AM
CHNCurling is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CHNCurling Click here to Send CHNCurling a Private Message Visit CHNCurling's homepage! Find more posts by CHNCurling Add CHNCurling to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CHNCurling
Knee-Slider

Chinese Curling Association National Coach

[URL=http://www.worldcurling.org/jobs

Chinese Curling Association is looking for National Coach

Chinese Curling Association is currently looking for a National Coach. The detailed information is as below:

Job Description:
Reporting to the team leader, the national coach is responsible for the national teams program on a daily basis leading to a successful qualification and participation in 2014 Olympic Winter Games. It is a full time job based in China starting from June 2013 to the end of Winter Olympic Game in Sochi 2014.
 Development of National teams including team coach
 Making training plan for the whole season from summer camp to the end of World Championships
 Instructing National teams in international tournaments and championships

The ideal candidate must have:
 Strong Knowledge of Curling
 Competitive curling experience
 Rich experience of coaching at High level competitions, World Curling Championships or Olympic Games
 Information about Chinese National Teams
 Enthusiastic about curling and coaching teams with different culture background
 Confidence in Chinese curling
 Strong ability of team building and dealing with conflict and controlling team atmosphere during competition
 Language requirement: English

If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your CV to Chinese Curling Association by info@curling.org.cn. Please indicate which team (Men or Women) you would like to cooperate with.

Deadline for applying: May 15, 2013

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

05-03-13 10:47AM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

I don't know what it was that Dan Raphael brought to the table, but he got the best out of the Chinese teams ... and now his mojo is showing success in the Czech Republic.

Without Raphael, the Chinese have floundered. Perhaps their best move woud be to grovel and beg him to come back.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 184.151.61.232

05-03-13 12:12PM
Unregistered

Yeah the Czechs have had a fantastic season and last couple of years havent they?

men got Bronze at the euros and really strong performance at world

jr women got silver last year and 4th this year plsu the skip of that team got bronze at the world mixed doubles

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 198.163.53.10

05-03-13 01:32PM
tuck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tuck Click here to Send tuck a Private Message Find more posts by tuck Add tuck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tuck
Super Rockchucker

Lots here I don't really understand:

Why would China want the coach to move to China? The teams will be living in Canada from September through January. Insisting that the coach relocate to China will limit the options significantly.

If they want off season training, they have lots of great athletic trainers. If they want somebody to build some depth at home, it should be a different job than the head coach.

Why leave Lorne Hamblin? Is Lorne not willing to totally commit his life to the job? That would be understandable if the farm is getting in the way.

So I am confused. Never mind me, I am often confused. I suspect that they will steal Derek Brown away from us in the USA, but that is just a guess.

Ben Tucker
USA

06-21-13 10:26PM
Unregistered

http://www.curling.ca/blog/2013/06/...ition-in-china/

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 142.161.80.93

06-22-13 08:45AM
Unregistered

Canadians teaching other countries how to curl, share our knowledge and secrets of the game then ask what happend?? when team Canada doesnt win gold...

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 66.11.4.30

06-22-13 11:39AM
Unregistered

If Canada isn't teaching other countries how to curl, how are we going to get better? Look at women's hockey - maybe that sport will be taken out of the Olympics because there's only 2 good countries. I want curling to remain in the Olympics.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 142.161.80.93

06-22-13 04:36PM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered
Canadians teaching other countries how to curl, share our knowledge and secrets of the game then ask what happend?? when team Canada doesnt win gold...

OMG, I sincerely hope you're kidding. What a narrow minded view. Here's another narrow minded view. When another country wins gold, thank a Canadian.

06-24-13 02:21PM
Unregistered

I would actually enjoy a list of when other countries have won a World Championship with a Canadian Coach.

However, I disagree strongly with the sentiment that Canada should be credited when another country wins. Sharing knowledge doesn't mean we lose it. At worst, we are competing with equals in these situations. If we lose and they win, the other country's athletes deserve 100% of the credit, and we as Canadians should tip our caps in acknowledgement.

I also disagree strongly with the sentiment that we shouldn't share our knowledge, especially if only for fear of losing. The game must grow globally. This is the reason our sport is in the Olympics, after all. Again, if we're the best, our athletes should be able prove it year in and year out. Sometimes, we're not the best. In particular, it's been a long time since we've been the best at the Women's level, and I don't think this can be blamed at all on coaching.

Finally, Scotland, Sweden, and to a slightly lesser extent Norway have had significant successes at the World level over the history of the game. And I'm fairly certain that none of that had to do with Canadian coaching. So trust me - I don't think that Canadian coaches have any golden secrets that we're hiding away from the World. We've been beaten plenty of times, and it will happen again, as the world is full of great athletes!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 216.81.54.22