M: World Senior Curling Championships
Ostersund, SWE
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: CF -- Sat, Apr 27 -- 4:30am ET
CAN (Flemming) Final
USA (Farbelow) (8)
SWE (Wranaa) 11  Final
GER (Kapp) (8)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > Tours, Events and Major Championships > Playdowns > 2016 Scotties Tournament of Hearts

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 22 of 23 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
02-28-16 10:57PM
NLcurlingguy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for NLcurlingguy Click here to Send NLcurlingguy a Private Message Find more posts by NLcurlingguy Add NLcurlingguy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
NLcurlingguy
Harvey Hacksmasher

Deuce for Carey. Great final...all we can ask for

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

02-28-16 11:16PM
NLcurlingguy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for NLcurlingguy Click here to Send NLcurlingguy a Private Message Find more posts by NLcurlingguy Add NLcurlingguy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
NLcurlingguy
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend

Ashley is super-chatty; especially after she misses. Just a way of blowing off steam. Sorta like fresca - toiling in the C group of granite many moons ago!

Sippala is TOO chatty. She is not having the greatest game yet seems to have a lot to say...too much in my humble opinion.

02-28-16 11:24PM
NLcurlingguy
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:

Yes, WAY TOO CHATTY. Don't remember Ashley Maharij being anything like this!

Anyways, CC mays lovely tap to choke off any possibility for two by McCarville.

Krista has missed a makeable double and a draw to edge of button - but still curling 89%....

You can see the desperate want for a title on the grim visage of Amy Nixon.

HA ha. Amy's sense of urgency increases with every line call scream!

02-28-16 11:29PM
sooner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sooner Find more posts by sooner Add sooner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sooner
Hitting Paint

ya she blewit for them in9.

02-28-16 11:36PM
maybo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for maybo Visit maybo's homepage! Find more posts by maybo Add maybo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
maybo
Hitting Paint

Still tied? Can only follow scoreboard from here...(Thailand)

02-28-16 11:39PM
NLcurlingguy
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Chelsea Carries her team to victory. 1st STOH for Alberta in a long time (since Nedohin)

No shame for losing team - even with the tears!

Two best skips engaged in a total slobber-nokker!

Both teams, their entourages and their fans can be super proud!

Well said ML. Both teams put on a great show. Congrats to victors and kudos to Team McCarrville. All the best to Team Carey at the worlds.

02-28-16 11:53PM
HotRocks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HotRocks Find more posts by HotRocks Add HotRocks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HotRocks
Drawmaster

Thumbs up Well Done.....Team AB

Canada will have a great rep in Swift Current for the worlds

Hope they have enough seats for the Carey Entourage

Great Silver for Team NO.. first season together.. terrific result

02-29-16 12:36AM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

Re: Carey's 5th player at worlds

quote:
Should Team Carey just bring in their current 5th player to the worlds in Swift Current (aka Speedy Creek) or

bring in a super-fifth

ex.

Rachel Homan
Emma Miskew
Kaitlyn Lawes
Local faves Jolene Campbell or Stephanie Schmidt

Miskew would be the most versatile choice amongst the super-group....

Lawes a close 2nd - plus Lawes doesn't have any residual hatred of Carey or her teammates - well-respected, super positive force!

Rachel is intense and would be a great choice, too. But she's mainly a skip. Chances are they'd need a 3rd as Amy is prone to come down with colds and flu.

Don't think they know that much about Campbell or Schmidt.

My Pal Val's 3rd player also a solid team player!

My money is on they having way more class than your thoughts. They will have the same fifth player in worlds as they has at the Scotties. Unless of course the fifth had prior plans. You might know who she is M.I. A former Olympic silver medalist.Pretty good player.

02-29-16 01:01AM
Sasquatch is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sasquatch Click here to Send Sasquatch a Private Message Find more posts by Sasquatch Add Sasquatch to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sasquatch
Hitting Paint

Krista needed to take on that double in the 8th end. Yes, it was a bit risky, but it was really makeable and totally worth it.

02-29-16 01:54AM
Phil_D is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Phil_D Click here to Send Phil_D a Private Message Visit Phil_D's homepage! Find more posts by Phil_D Add Phil_D to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Phil_D
Drawmaster

Great game. Caught the second half after league tonight.

Both teams played really well and it came down to the final shot. Can't ask for much better than that.

Co-host of the NerdCurl podcast & occasional blogger.

http://www.nerdcurl.com

02-29-16 06:48AM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

quote:

Yes, WAY TOO CHATTY. Don't remember Ashley Maharij being anything like this!

Anyways, CC mays lovely tap to choke off any possibility for two by McCarville.

Krista has missed a makeable double and a draw to edge of button - but still curling 89%....

You can see the desperate want for a title on the grim visage of Amy Nixon.

They are the same Ashley! She got married, maybe that's why the chatter increased

02-29-16 08:13AM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

really was hoping mccarville would win. however they had a great week and played a fantastic final.

congrats to chelsey carey, she'll do canada proud.

amy nixon however has to be the most annoying player on the ice. her high pitched shrieking makes it really hard to cheer for a team she'son.

02-29-16 08:18AM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

I was really disappointed that we didn't see the medal presentation. To me, that's one of the hi-lights of the week. Congrats Team Carey. I think they'll do well in Swift Current. Also, congrats to Team McCarville. They sure surprised a lot of people.

02-29-16 09:45AM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:

Nixon is extremely noisty but I've learned to accept her. She was a rock for her skip to boot. Besides if you wanna ban Nixon from shrieking then may as well ban Colleen Jones, Cathy O from vicing. Maria Sharapova and Serena Williams from tennis, too!

no one else is as high pitched as her, its just a very nails on a chalk board thing. she is a great shot maker but very hard to listen to.

02-29-16 09:59AM
kwojtalik is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kwojtalik Click here to Send kwojtalik a Private Message Find more posts by kwojtalik Add kwojtalik to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kwojtalik
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by albetts
I was really disappointed that we didn't see the medal presentation. To me, that's one of the hi-lights of the week. Congrats Team Carey. I think they'll do well in Swift Current. Also, congrats to Team McCarville. They sure surprised a lot of people.

I agree, I was really disappointed we didn't see the medal presentation.

02-29-16 10:15AM
biterbar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for biterbar Click here to Send biterbar a Private Message Find more posts by biterbar Add biterbar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
biterbar
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by misty1
really was hoping mccarville would win. however they had a great week and played a fantastic final.

congrats to chelsey carey, she'll do canada proud.

amy nixon however has to be the most annoying player on the ice. her high pitched shrieking makes it really hard to cheer for a team she'son.

Really?! You find it hard to cheer her just because of her voice? As other's have mentioned, she was a rock for Carey and I found her very easy to cheer for.

Her high pitched voice she was born with, I find it hard to fault something she has no control over.

02-29-16 10:21AM
FollowingAlong is offline Click Here to See the Profile for FollowingAlong Click here to Send FollowingAlong a Private Message Find more posts by FollowingAlong Add FollowingAlong to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FollowingAlong
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by misty1

no one else is as high pitched as her, its just a very nails on a chalk board thing. she is a great shot maker but very hard to listen to.

No more annoying than Jen Jones's "Go, go, go, go, go, go, go, go, go,...." or Chelsea Carey's "Hard, hard, hard, hard, hard, hard, hard, hard,...." repeated so many consecutive times the words start running together and provide absolutely no benefit to the sweepers....

02-29-16 10:23AM
HotRocks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HotRocks Find more posts by HotRocks Add HotRocks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HotRocks
Drawmaster

Nice rewards

Team AB basically had a "perfect" STOH...beat all the pretenders
Had their skip as the Sandra Schmirler MVP..

quote:
The Carey team receives $205,900 for the win, including $144,000 in Sport Canada funding over the next two years and 57.024 Canadian Team Ranking System points.

Northern Ontario gets $26,900 and 44.805 points as runner-up.

Since I was behind Team McCarville from the get go I am really
impressed with how hard they fought thru so many tough games..
to steal wins and stay in the hunt

This Team will be back next year..
Krista and the girls made it so hard on themselves losing some critical games
forcing them to the almost impossible..winning from the Page 4 spot

Great Scotties..lots of nice surprises.. some real future stars..

Last edited by HotRocks on 02-29-16 at 07:08PM

02-29-16 11:17AM
kwojtalik is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kwojtalik Click here to Send kwojtalik a Private Message Find more posts by kwojtalik Add kwojtalik to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kwojtalik
Hitting Paint

Re: Nice rewards

quote:
Originally posted by HotRocks
Had their skip as the Sandra Schmirler playoff MVP..

I like to respect the Team's choices but to be honest Ashley managed to pull off at least one very harmful miss or faux pas ( kicked a stone) every single game.
I dont know if she just cant get used to being a second or feels replaced by Lilly.. but...

Krista and the girls made it so hard on themselves losing some critical games forcing them to the almost impossible..winning from the Page 4 spot

Team Northern Ontario is also eligible for funding from Curling Canada are they not?

02-29-16 11:28AM
dinorock2005 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dinorock2005 Find more posts by dinorock2005 Add dinorock2005 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dinorock2005
Super Rockchucker

Manitoba Scotties should be interesting next year.

02-29-16 12:33PM
North60 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for North60 Click here to Send North60 a Private Message Find more posts by North60 Add North60 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
North60
Harvey Hacksmasher

"The Carey team receives $205,900 for the win, including $144,000 in Sport Canada funding over the next two years and 57.024 Canadian Team Ranking System points.

Northern Ontario gets $26,900 and 44.805 points as runner-up."

51,475$ per(on ice) player versus 6,725$ while CRTS points are 57 and 45?

This seems a bit...off.

02-29-16 12:40PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

Re: Nice rewards

quote:
Originally posted by HotRocks
Had their skip as the Sandra Schmirler MVP..

I like to respect the Team's choices but to be honest Ashley managed to pull off
at least one very harmful miss or faux pas ( kicked a stone) every single game.
I dont know if she just cant get used to being a second or feels replaced by Lilly.. but...

Krista and the girls made it so hard on themselves losing some critical games
forcing them to the almost impossible..winning from the Page 4 spot

Ashley may be used to giving her opinion from her old days at Vice..but yes, she will have to get used to keeping her mouth shut. I guess McCarville will need to evaluate the team and make any decisions during the off season..but for sure she will keep Lilly and I guess if Lorraine Lang continues as coach, she will be keeping Potts!

02-29-16 12:44PM
North60 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for North60 Click here to Send North60 a Private Message Find more posts by North60 Add North60 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
North60
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by FollowingAlong

No more annoying than Jen Jones's "Go, go, go, go, go, go, go, go, go,...." or Chelsea Carey's "Hard, hard, hard, hard, hard, hard, hard, hard,...." repeated so many consecutive times the words start running together and provide absolutely no benefit to the sweepers....

or my favourite "reeelly, REEEELLY hard!"

that or "harder" would not get me sweeping any faster

02-29-16 01:16PM
newbroom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for newbroom Click here to Send newbroom a Private Message Find more posts by newbroom Add newbroom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
newbroom
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by Sasquatch
Krista needed to take on that double in the 8th end. Yes, it was a bit risky, but it was really makeable and totally worth it.

I felt Krista needed to push hard for the Blank in 9...no need to get messy and risk a force.

02-29-16 01:37PM
Cosss is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cosss Click here to Send Cosss a Private Message Find more posts by Cosss Add Cosss to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cosss
Hitting Paint

I didn't get to watch as much of the Scotties as I would have liked. I walked in the door just in time to watch Chelsea's game winning draw. I never get tired of seeing the joy on the winners faces - especially the first timers. It was great to see Chelsea run over to her dad and share a moment together. Congrats to Team Carey and also to Team McCarville. Well done ladies!