W: Amsterdam Inn & Suites Senior Championships
M: Amsterdam Inn & Suites Senior Championships
M: English National Mens Curling Championship
W: English National Womens Curling Championship
M: USA U18 Mens Championship
W: USA U18 Womens Championship
M: Estonian Mixed Doubles National Championship
Eastern European Time (EET)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > Jacobs

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
02-10-18 01:02PM
darkwing01 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for darkwing01 Click here to Send darkwing01 a Private Message Find more posts by darkwing01 Add darkwing01 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
darkwing01
Harvey Hacksmasher

Jacobs

if I am reading it right, Jacobs needs to win the tiebreaker to get into the playoffs, never saw that coming

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

02-10-18 05:26PM
Qtownranger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Qtownranger Click here to Send Qtownranger a Private Message Find more posts by Qtownranger Add Qtownranger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Qtownranger
Harvey Hacksmasher

N. O. Playdowns

Jacobs is ahead in the tie-breaker, but at that he will have to go right back out and take on the 2nd place team, and Horgan & co Sunday. He should be OK, but we will have to stop referring to his "autoberth" in the Brier.
QR

02-10-18 06:26PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Click here to Send IN-OFF-FOR-2 a Private Message Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Drawmaster

Any streaming?

02-10-18 06:46PM
Manitoba Legend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Manitoba Legend Click here to Send Manitoba Legend a Private Message Find more posts by Manitoba Legend Add Manitoba Legend to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

Jacobs prolly sand-bagging the auto-berth.

Making it look like a slog getting thru.

He'll be there tomorrow to torment Mr. Horgan.....

Unless Fry has returned to his previous life as Mr. Myxptlsylk, the super-prankster!

02-10-18 07:38PM
bpm is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bpm Click here to Send bpm a Private Message Find more posts by bpm Add bpm to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bpm
Harvey Hacksmasher

Horgan dropped a 5 on them in their round robin game, not sure how it played out, but I sure wouldn't call it sandbagging. They've had a few other close games too, including the 2nd loss to Dylan Johnston. Plenty of decent curlers who will beat you if you play badly up in NONT. Everyone will recall they got through four or five years ago, down two without hammer in 10 when their opponent unfortunately missed an open draw against three.

02-10-18 09:12PM
Manitoba Legend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Manitoba Legend Click here to Send Manitoba Legend a Private Message Find more posts by Manitoba Legend Add Manitoba Legend to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

Small consolation to Jacobs. Not that he's going to lose his auto-berth - I still have him odds-on favourites to take N. Ont.

However, if he goes down to T Horgan tomorrow doesn't he get a second chance berth in the CTRS Brier wildcard?

Not a walk in the park vs. McEwen but at least a 2nd chance.

McEwen vs. Jacobs is about a 50 percenter if their ever was. Last rock probably means everything!!!

02-11-18 02:17PM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Swing Artist

Any live stream for this game?

02-11-18 02:47PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

im curious as to what not getting to the brier would do to them. we all know they said they would stay together no matter what happened at the olympic trials. however since winning olympic gold in 2014 they haven't really done all that much of note. what kind of impact would a season like this where they fail to even make the playoffs at the olympic trials and then fail to even get to the brier have..

would they second guess their decision.

my mother, who's not even a fan of curling and only watches casually even noted that the jacobs team just seems to be off . the chemistry isn't there. they were hard to watch at times at the trials. there's a lot of tension there

02-11-18 04:44PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Click here to Send IN-OFF-FOR-2 a Private Message Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Drawmaster

They dodged a bullet. Gunnlaugson sigh of relief

02-11-18 04:48PM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Swing Artist

Was hoping for a Horgan win. That way they could both get to the briar.

02-11-18 05:19PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Click here to Send guido a Private Message Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Drawmaster

5-2 with 3 ends to go. That's gotta hurt.

02-11-18 05:20PM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by Ajay
Was hoping for a Horgan win. That way they could both get to the briar.

Truth there.

Horgan goes in as North Ontario. Jacobs Gang has to knock out McEwen at the 1-game CTRS play-in game. I'd favour Jacobs about 65% of the time - slightly more precise monsters than McEwen

02-11-18 05:24PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Click here to Send guido a Private Message Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend

I'd favour Jacobs about 65% of the time - slightly more precise monsters than McEwen

I guess McEwen would win easily then. We knwo how good your odds were in the Carey v Einarson game.

02-11-18 07:58PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

horgan has , like hasselborg developed a habit of losing the big games/final when he gets there. in this case it's against one of the best teams in the world but it's just something i;'ve noticed. similar to hasselborg, they struggle to close out strong events

02-11-18 08:24PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Drawmaster

Remember he's 20 vs 33. I would hope Jacobs would show more experience under the ciccumstances. Can you imagine the cursing and shrapnel on the ice if they lost?

02-11-18 08:48PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by IN-OFF-FOR-2
Remember he's 20 vs 33. I would hope Jacobs would show more experience under the ciccumstances. Can you imagine the cursing and shrapnel on the ice if they lost?

oh, i know. i fully expected him to lose here. it's just something i;ve noted in general about them.

still though. 5-2 up with 3 to go..that's gotta sting no matter who you are playing

02-11-18 10:38PM
dugless_zone 13 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dugless_zone 13 Click here to Send dugless_zone 13 a Private Message Find more posts by dugless_zone 13 Add dugless_zone 13 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dugless_zone 13
Drawmaster

M.L. had it 50-50 McEwen vs Jacobs in the wildcard game, or is it 65% Jacobs because this is a Jacobs thread? Another dozen posts and Jacobs will be a lock to win it all.