Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 21 -- Thu, Apr 25 -- 7:00am ET
CAN (Flemming) 11  Final
DEN (Qvist) (6)
PHI (Ochoco) Final
FIN (Kirjonen) 11  (8)
NOR (Davanger) 10  Final
CRO (Skendrovic) (6)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > Peoples thoughts on Stopwatches

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 1 of 2 -- Go to: | 1 | 2 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
11-20-12 08:38AM
amandabulge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for amandabulge Click here to Send amandabulge a Private Message Visit amandabulge's homepage! Find more posts by amandabulge Add amandabulge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
amandabulge
Hitting Paint

Peoples thoughts on Stopwatches

Hi Everybody. I'm looking to see what people's thoughts on Stopwatches are. My personal belief I do not use one because it would not help me at all and I'm not a competitive curler. I find at my club that there are people using it for all the wrong reasons. They have no clue what they are doing with them. They are playing around with them while me and others and trying to throw a rock. They just seem to use it to through they are good. Also wondering if they should be used on a fun night of curling either teams put together that night or teams put together for about 6 weeks with new curlers in the league, and some not very good curlers and some good curlers and if other clubs use them on these night. I agree they should be used in a competitive setting with curling but it begs my mind sometimes why are these people using them if someone was going to ask them a question on times they wouldn't have a clue what your talking about. Usually during fun spiel stopwatches are not to be used. Which totally agree. There's curlers coming to our club who may have never curled before. Thanks. Amanda

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

11-20-12 10:09AM
dks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dks Click here to Send dks a Private Message Find more posts by dks Add dks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dks
Hitting Paint

I don't use a stopwatch, because I figure the less equipment to use the better. A stopwatch is useful if the thrower can consistently throw the desired weight. It's no use telling someone he threw a certain split time when he can't duplicate the same throw 2 ends down the road. Obviously, some top teams use the watches, so, I assume they find it helpful. For the average club curler, it probably doesn't help, but, everyone's experience may vary. Watching curling on TV I find that women's teams seem to use more timing than men't teams? Anyone else notice this?

11-20-12 10:46AM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

Stopwatches are generally used for three things:

1. Split-times - during delivery, to anticipate how far a rock will go based on time between backline to hogline, generally 3.4-3.9 seconds (or tline to hogline)
2. First hogline to stop - while rock is in motion, to determine how fact ice is, generally 22-26 seconds.
3. Between the hoglines - while rock is in motion, mainly in practice but sometimes in games and mostly for hits, to establish consistency between teammates on how much weight to throw on hits. Normal hit weight generally 9-10 seconds, control weight generally 10-11 seconds etc.

These times are useful for fairly strong club level teams and up, and are used as a complement to judging weight by eye/feel (which cannot be abandoned). It's another peice of information to help make decisions and establish consistency.

However, for more recreational curlers, you will likely not get any use from these measures. The reason is that recreational players do not replicate the same delivery on a consistent basis, and therefore the information gained from times has very low relevance. This is especially true for curlers who are new to the game - you should be focussing first on balance, then on hitting the broom and establishing a feel for the weight.

Hope this helps.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 216.81.54.22

11-20-12 10:49AM
Unregistered

A Stopwatch in the right hands with the right team is a useful tool. Curling with a bunch of beginners not so much. I tend to use it early in the game to get a feel for the speed. I will use it again if ice changes seem to be occuring later in the game and ocasionally on an important draw when I want to confirm with my judgement.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 166.147.120.17

11-22-12 10:33AM
Unregistered

I think stopwatches are a great tool, regardless of elite or beginner. But they are TOOLS, not something to live and die by. You need to find the correct balance between a split time or hog-to-hog time and your eyes and the feel.

My own thoughts on the etiquette that Amanda was talking about. How do you know it will not help you at all? So what, you're not a competitive curler...do you wear curling shoes, use a real curling broom, any other piece of curling equipment? When you first start curling you are usually in jeans and sneakers stepping on a step on slidder and not really having a "gripper"...when you first put real curling clothes and shoes on, your skill level instantly jumps a notch because they are tools that help you better perform...you can stretch more in curling pants, you have more stability in a curling shoe, and they give you a better grip on the ice for sweeping. These tools should not be frowned upon for new curlers or fun spiels, they should be encouraged as a tool. I feel the same way about stopwatches. Just because someone is sporting a stopwatch doesn't make them a certain type of curler and I don't think they should ever be frowned upon. If you notice them using them incorrectly...educate them. No different than if someone was delivering a stone with the incorrect handle everytime...you'd educate them. Or if they constantly breaking a rule...you'd educate them, make them aware of what is correct.

Don't diss stopwatches and certainly don't paint curlers with a brush of indecency for using them in less competitive settings...anything that helps you improve your game is good. If they weren't meant to be used, they wouldn't be used by anyone.

It's funny that someone from PEI who spouts off about the relegation round being bad because PEI doesn't have access to competition and the juniors are suffering and we're driving people away and forcing them to move, etc...will spout off about a tool that makes some of the best teams the best because they know how to use it correctly and then actually discourage folks from using it. Interesting.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.222.15.178

11-22-12 10:50AM
amandabulge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for amandabulge Click here to Send amandabulge a Private Message Visit amandabulge's homepage! Find more posts by amandabulge Add amandabulge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
amandabulge
Hitting Paint

I don't why I'm being bashed for asking people's opinions and stating my opinion by a nameless person. Thanks to the people who answered the questions without bashing me. Please put your name down unregistered and would love to chat with you about your statements. I have nothing against anybody as long as the respect me and others. Amanda

Last edited by amandabulge on 11-22-12 at 01:28PM

11-22-12 11:29AM
amandabulge
Hitting Paint

Oh by the way I got my answers so will no longer come into this post. So Gerry can delete if he wants and keep discussing pleasantly and if Mr Unregistered is nice enough he or she can email at bulgeramanda1980@gmail.com My bet is this person won't because he or she is to chicken to be a real person and they do I will thank them and be very respective of them

11-22-12 11:56AM
nickingrandcach is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nickingrandcach Click here to Send nickingrandcach a Private Message Find more posts by nickingrandcach Add nickingrandcach to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nickingrandcach
Hitting Paint

Amanda, if you want to try the stop watch try it. i spent twenty minutes with my juniors yesterday teaching them how to use the stop watch for sweeping. i think it will help them judging as long as the thrower throws each rock simular. i also try to teach sound with the juniors.
try anything that can help you and as you get better your team then also gets better. your passion for the game is great so keep going and try everything just to try it.
good luck to you and keep enjoying the game.
nick

11-22-12 12:11PM
amandabulge
Hitting Paint

Thanks Nick Probably will not because it's my personal feeling and for a number of reasons will not help me. Hope all is well with everybody. Thanks again. Amanda

11-22-12 12:13PM
amandabulge
Hitting Paint

And if I ever said something that I shouldn't I'm sorry. At least I can put my name. Amanda

11-28-12 04:12PM
Mr. Jordan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mr. Jordan Click here to Send Mr. Jordan a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Jordan Add Mr. Jordan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mr. Jordan
Harvey Hacksmasher

Re: Peoples thoughts on Stopwatches

quote:
Originally posted by amandabulge
I find at my club that there are people using it for all the wrong reasons. They have no clue what they are doing with them. They are playing around with them while me and others and trying to throw a rock. They just seem to use it to through they are good. Also wondering if they should be used on a fun night of curling either teams put together that night or teams put together for about 6 weeks with new curlers in the league, and some not very good curlers and some good curlers and if other clubs use them on these night.

In the situation that you describe above, stopwatches would probably be of little use.
quote:
I agree they should be used in a competitive setting with curling but it begs my mind sometimes why are these people using them if someone was going to ask them a question on times they wouldn't have a clue what your talking about.

If sweepers fumbling over stopwatches is irritating or distracting you (or others), I have a suggestion that might be useful to either you or whomever is skipping your team: Ask the sweepers how they time rocks. If the sweepers don't seem like they aren't sure how to use a stopwatch, or if they give a nonsensical answer, either:
1) politely give them a quick primer on timing rocks from back line to hog line,
2) politely inform your sweepers that you find their timing rocks distracting and ask that they kindly refrain from timing your rocks, or
3) rudely chastise them about timing rocks so that they hate you and never play with you again.

(#2 might be your best option. )

quote:
Usually during fun spiel stopwatches are not to be used. Which totally agree. There's curlers coming to our club who may have never curled before. Thanks. Amanda

When I started curling, the club members that were kind enough to teach me told me exactly this:
quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered
This is especially true for curlers who are new to the game - you should be focussing first on balance, then on hitting the broom and establishing a feel for the weight.

...which is probably as sound advice as a novice could get.

Now, about my preferences: I started using a stopwatch when I started playing for a good skip with a very consistent delivery that asked for his back-to-hog time after every shot. He explained to me how I should time, what he was looking for, and what the times meant before I started using the watch more often. Without that "lesson," the stopwatch would have meant very little to me.

Personally, I time rocks on my main team (we play in the club competitive league and a few spiels) and my other team (an intra-club men's league, where my teammates prefer to use watches). When I'm playing in spiels, leagues or games that aren't competitive (esp. when I'm unfamiliar with how the other curlers deliver their rocks), I'll put the watch in my pocket unless one of my teammates asks for times, or if there's something about the speed of the ice that's bugging me. If it's a really social game, the only split I'm concerned about is whether I have enough time to go have a sip of beer between ends.

But back to your main point of contention: There are other devices and evaluation methods used in other sports that are analogous to (or at least closely resemble) the stopwatch in curling. In road races, most runners--even those that aren't very competitive--use either a watch or an MP3 player to help get a feel of their time and/or get themselves a little rush of adrenaline (headphones are technically not allowed in many races, but that rule is rarely enforced). Most golf courses have some sort of distance marking system on every hole, and most golfers use that information to help them select clubs and play shots.

I don't see much difference in using a stopwatch in curling than either of the above examples. But different strokes for different folks; I don't see anything wrong with either using or not using stopwatches in social games, and if a teammate asked me nicely to not time rocks, I'd oblige.

Around the kitchen with their socks on by a pack of timberwolves." --Dik Van Dykes

11-28-12 04:49PM
J-Ho is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J-Ho Click here to Send J-Ho a Private Message Find more posts by J-Ho Add J-Ho to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J-Ho
Super Rockchucker

If you have a team of four players with perfect releases, then a stopwatch will work great. For the rest of the 99% of the teams out there, it can present a ton of difficulties.

I curled in the bush league circuit with a guy who could judge weight to stop on a dime! As a result the backend's draw percentage was significantly high. The next year he discovered "the watch" and everything went to hell. Stayed that way too. If I had a nickel for everytime I heard "but the split was great..."

The watch does however help on ice you have never seen before if used properly. Especially when scouting sheets before a game. The best thing you could do IMHO is have one player use the watch while the other "manuallly" judges it. The manual judger overrides the watch caller.

My 2 cents,

JH

11-30-12 06:30PM
melvin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for melvin Click here to Send melvin a Private Message Find more posts by melvin Add melvin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
melvin
Harvey Hacksmasher

I think the take-away here is that the watch provides one piece of data about the shot. This however does not tell the whole story about how the shot will turn out.

Personally, I activate the watch for 100% of draws and light hits for back-to-hog times. I do this without looking at the watch, just click the start and stop. In the meantime, gather all your other pieces of data. How was the pushoff? Did (s)he bobble? How about the release? Does it sound right? Feel right?

WIth the above in mind, once you cross the hog you can decide if the time will be useful or not. Then take a quick glance at the watch. Factor it in. I'd estimate that although I time each rock, I probably only look at it 75% of the time.

It takes practice. My approach when I was getting started was that I would just start and stop the watch without looking at the time. I would decide where I thought the shot would end up, and what the time was. I think it took about a month to get used to it and get some valuable intel from the time.

At the end of the day it comes down to personal preference.

12-04-12 10:26PM
RockDoc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RockDoc Click here to Send RockDoc a Private Message Find more posts by RockDoc Add RockDoc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RockDoc
Swing Artist

The watch is unlikely to be of much use on social league night when every delivery is different and often errant. On a strong club league team or competitive team with decent deliveries and nearly consistent releases, its a great aid for getting a jump on the sweeping plan for a rock. Keep in mind that more than 5 seconds after the release the watch is useless, and the eyes take over.

I too, despair at the front end that watches a rock coast to a stop 3 feet short and comments 'the split said it was there' without taking into account the draw path, release, or how it LOOKED.

The watch is a great tool. But if you can't swim don't blame the water! Having said that, I use the watch on every draw both as an aid to sweeping and to keep track of how each draw path is running. But not on social league night.

Cheers.

12-05-12 09:16PM
Unregistered

Have you notice that most of the top teams don't even have stopwatches on their brooms or around their wastes?

Each rock is different.Shoe sliders have different speeds, while two curlers with the same shoes decelerate on a draw at different pace, therefore affecting your split times. Pebble is not uniform,different in each throwing line and varies during a game and sometimes going up or down the sheet. Releases are different, with some pulling back and others pushing or extending their arm at release. Some drag their knee on the ice, others have more pressure on the trailing foot, toe dip or not. And I am still talking about competitive curlers. Imagine club curlers!

If you want to know how to read a stopwatch, go ahead. But if you really want to become a good sweeper that can JUDGE a rock and communicate to the skip, your first move should be to get rid of the stopwatch and for coaches our there, of speedtraps. Stopwatch and speedtraps... exactly. Stop the watch and the speeed-trap.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 184.161.86.186

12-05-12 11:07PM
rockdoc

quote:
Have you notice that most of the top teams don't even have stopwatches on their brooms or around their wastes?

And a lot of top teams use their watches to help read the ice and make their shots. Timing is not a substitute for judgment, but it can complement it.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 67.246.71.20

01-12-14 11:06PM
Unregistered

of two bags in It Wednesday

Pour beaucoup plus d'histoires de bébé TrueLife, penser la Journée de la Femme semaine (sur les ventes d'escompte le 26 mai). Doudoune Moncler Pour louer une table pour une vente de garage, appeler Ellen Lanicca Ã_ 7.887.380. La collecte de vêtements accepte vêtements portables et utilisable, chaussures, ceintures et sacs Ã_ main, linge de maison, utilisé des animaux en peluche et de petits jouets. Nike Blazer Homme Nous avons trouvé mon blog: parements de vinyle dans Lynch. C'était celui qui ne pouvaient pas se permettre déménageurs donc été Mailing tous ses points Ã_ son nouveau domicile? Moncler Pas Cher «C'est une victoire pour les consommateurs, adaptés pour les parents de jeunes», a déclaré le sénateur «Maintenant, les parents n'ont pas besoin de se demander si leurs biberons sentent. Nike pas cher Une autre fois, réussi Ã_ le faire parfaitement dans un jeu de devinettes sur un agent d'immigration. Il a continué Ã_ refuser mon passeport. Il s'est avéré que j'avais été lui tendant la mauvaise manière. Au lieu de simplement me mettre au courant (après 19 heures de vol) ce qu'il didn comme, peut-être, ce qu'il voulait, il ne cessait de me faire deviner. Plusieurs secousse. Nike pas cher Et nous serons tous conclure le bonus et inconvénient de l'achat coach purses dans les magasins: vous pouvez acheter bon prix, cependant, vous seriez peut-être acheter quelques sacs de problème .. Avantage Inconvénients des bagages en gros http://www.dicart-net.fr/uggpascher.htm Médicaments d'ordonnance brevetés ne sont pas couverts par la politique, que l'Inde envisage un mécanisme pour passer les prix des médicaments qui peuvent généralement être protégée par un brevet protection.India approuve la politique de plafonner les prix des médicaments 348 pas cher nike Président central de l'aile des femmes PPP est arrivé récemment au sein d'une visite privée mais ma nièce est utilisé régulièrement pour ne pas mentionner toutes les heures de son séjour ici la tenue de réunions avec les lobbyistes répondre aux nom de PPP Azad Cachemire piliers Chaudhary Majeed, Chaudhary Yaseen et avocat Sultan Mahmood Chaudhary. UGG 5803 Au delÃ_ d'être déclaration de mode, le sac banane est devenu les meilleurs sacs pour le festival que les choses sont réellement léger laissant mains libres. UGG France Le secteur du transport présentera son Lutraflor de awardwinning ((R)) de produit, une génération unique de tapis tissé. Ce type de matériel est composé de 100% construction composite de polyester avec une couche de fibres discontinues colormastered avec un substrat non-tissé par voie fondue. Firstclass une résistance supérieure Ã_ l'abrasion, l'aspect luxueux et recycler heureux de vous aider Ã_ atteindre des initiatives vertes. Ce type de matériau weightsavings sera un complément Ã_ d'autres applications sur le lineup de transport comme l'automobile soubassement des boucliers et des supports de dalles de moquette avec l'industrie du transport aérien Lutradur ((R)). Nike Blazer Homme Sécurité: Les deux ont des freins Ã_ disque aux quatre roues, assistance au freinage d'urgence, la stabilité et le contrôle électronique de traction, des sacs gonflables latéraux frontseat et arrière et les coussins gonflables de tête thirdrow en tant qu'équipement standard. UGG 5815 6. Et quand ils ont joué, ils ont joué. Comme ils ont travaillé, ils ont travaillé. Nike pas cher Nous présentons qualité 70573 CSharp examen p

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 122.96.59.100

01-13-14 04:31PM
dbsdbs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dbsdbs Click here to Send dbsdbs a Private Message Find more posts by dbsdbs Add dbsdbs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dbsdbs
Drawmaster

I think the stopwatch should not be allowed, rather teams should have to make their own judgment on rock speed. Competitive teams practice before each game so they know the ice, then time rocks so that nothing is new when the game starts. I like how it used to be... part of the game was seeing which team picked up the ice, both curl and weight, sooner. I guess that is still the case in most club curling, except for the watch, but not so at higher levels. Before you bash me, can you think of any other sport that has added a completely new tool to make it easier for the competitors like the stopwatch does. I don't think new sliders and brushes count because curlers have long slid while delivering their stone and the slider does not change that, and curlers have always swept stones and new improved brooms do not change that. Just my 2 cents worth.. and no, I don't expect that watches will ever be banned from the game.

01-13-14 04:45PM
RockDoc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RockDoc Click here to Send RockDoc a Private Message Find more posts by RockDoc Add RockDoc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RockDoc
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by dbsdbs
...can you think of any other sport that has added a completely new tool to make it easier for the competitors like the stopwatch does?

I'm not convinced that using a stopwatch makes curling "easier." If used well, it can make a curling team more precise. Using a stopwatch well for interval timing is an intermediate to advanced skill. Not many inattentive curlers get better with the watch. However, a team with good timers that know the ice are invaluable to a skip that needs to make a critical draw, and can throw an accurate split time on demand.

No amount of timing will place the rock precisely on the 4-foot. The sweepers still have to judge. So I guess I'm not too worried that a stopwatch will fundamentally change the game. Timing can make the game more fun and more competitive on a good team. And I think it's a great tool for the curler who wants to more accurately judge weight by eye. Personally, using a watch greatly accelerated my learning to accurately judge weight. YMMV.

01-13-14 05:27PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

Interesting that it only seems to be the women using the watches at the elite level.

01-15-14 04:06PM
gregburns is offline Click Here to See the Profile for gregburns Click here to Send gregburns a Private Message Find more posts by gregburns Add gregburns to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gregburns
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by dbsdbs
Before you bash me, can you think of any other sport that has added a completely new tool to make it easier for the competitors like the stopwatch does. I don't think new sliders and brushes count because curlers have long slid while delivering their stone and the slider does not change that, and curlers have always swept stones and new improved brooms do not change that. Just my 2 cents worth.. and no, I don't expect that watches will ever be banned from the game.

Personally I don't care if anyone uses a stopwatch, or wristwatch, or a friggin abacus out there. As long as we are all playing by the same rules.

Pro baseball players have not always worn gloves in the field. Pitchers have rosin bags on the mound that help them grip the ball.
Pro football now has a headset in the QB's helmet.
Technology has fundamentally changed every sport... composite hockey sticks, drivers that make 350-yard tee shots routine, belly putters (ugh!), tennis rackets NOT made with catgut or wood frames.

I guess soccer (sorry, football) still just has a ball and some goalposts. I for one am not interested in seeing curling become more like soccer.

And are you seriously telling us that improved brush tech has not changed the game in a fundamental way?

01-15-14 05:28PM
Unregistered

Re: of two bags in It Wednesday

quote:
Pour beaucoup plus d'histoires de bébé TrueLife, penser la Journée de la Femme semaine (sur les ventes d'escompte le 26 mai). Doudoune Moncler Pour louer une table pour une vente de garage, appeler Ellen Lanicca Ã_ 7.887.380. La collecte de vêtements accepte vêtements portables et utilisable, chaussures, ceintures et sacs Ã_ main, linge de maison, utilisé des animaux en peluche et de petits jouets. Nike Blazer Homme Nous avons trouvé mon blog: parements de vinyle dans Lynch. C'était celui qui ne pouvaient pas se permettre déménageurs donc été Mailing tous ses points Ã_ son nouveau domicile? Moncler Pas Cher «C'est une victoire pour les consommateurs, adaptés pour les parents de jeunes», a déclaré le sénateur «Maintenant, les parents n'ont pas besoin de se demander si leurs biberons sentent. Nike pas cher Une autre fois, réussi Ã_ le faire parfaitement dans un jeu de devinettes sur un agent d'immigration. Il a continué Ã_ refuser mon passeport. Il s'est avéré que j'avais été lui tendant la mauvaise manière. Au lieu de simplement me mettre au courant (après 19 heures de vol) ce qu'il didn comme, peut-être, ce qu'il voulait, il ne cessait de me faire deviner. Plusieurs secousse. Nike pas cher Et nous serons tous conclure le bonus et inconvénient de l'achat coach purses dans les magasins: vous pouvez acheter bon prix, cependant, vous seriez peut-être acheter quelques sacs de problème .. Avantage Inconvénients des bagages en gros http://www.dicart-net.fr/uggpascher.htm Médicaments d'ordonnance brevetés ne sont pas couverts par la politique, que l'Inde envisage un mécanisme pour passer les prix des médicaments qui peuvent généralement être protégée par un brevet protection.India approuve la politique de plafonner les prix des médicaments 348 pas cher nike Président central de l'aile des femmes PPP est arrivé récemment au sein d'une visite privée mais ma nièce est utilisé régulièrement pour ne pas mentionner toutes les heures de son séjour ici la tenue de réunions avec les lobbyistes répondre aux nom de PPP Azad Cachemire piliers Chaudhary Majeed, Chaudhary Yaseen et avocat Sultan Mahmood Chaudhary. UGG 5803 Au delÃ_ d'être déclaration de mode, le sac banane est devenu les meilleurs sacs pour le festival que les choses sont réellement léger laissant mains libres. UGG France Le secteur du transport présentera son Lutraflor de awardwinning ((R)) de produit, une génération unique de tapis tissé. Ce type de matériel est composé de 100% construction composite de polyester avec une couche de fibres discontinues colormastered avec un substrat non-tissé par voie fondue. Firstclass une résistance supérieure Ã_ l'abrasion, l'aspect luxueux et recycler heureux de vous aider Ã_ atteindre des initiatives vertes. Ce type de matériau weightsavings sera un complément Ã_ d'autres applications sur le lineup de transport comme l'automobile soubassement des boucliers et des supports de dalles de moquette avec l'industrie du transport aérien Lutradur ((R)). Nike Blazer Homme Sécurité: Les deux ont des freins Ã_ disque aux quatre roues, assistance au freinage d'urgence, la stabilité et le contrôle électronique de traction, des sacs gonflables latéraux frontseat et arrière et les coussins gonflables de tête thirdrow en tant qu'équipement standard. UGG 5815 6. Et quand ils ont joué, ils ont joué. Comme ils ont travaillé, ils ont travaillé. Nike pas cher Nous présentons qualité 70573 CSharp examen p

??? What ???

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 64.245.190.234

01-15-14 10:50PM
dbsdbs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dbsdbs Click here to Send dbsdbs a Private Message Find more posts by dbsdbs Add dbsdbs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dbsdbs
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by gregburns

Personally I don't care if anyone uses a stopwatch, or wristwatch, or a friggin abacus out there. As long as we are all playing by the same rules.

Pro baseball players have not always worn gloves in the field. Pitchers have rosin bags on the mound that help them grip the ball.
Pro football now has a headset in the QB's helmet.
Technology has fundamentally changed every sport... composite hockey sticks, drivers that make 350-yard tee shots routine, belly putters (ugh!), tennis rackets NOT made with catgut or wood frames.

I guess soccer (sorry, football) still just has a ball and some goalposts. I for one am not interested in seeing curling become more like soccer.

And are you seriously telling us that improved brush tech has not changed the game in a fundamental way?

please read again. Brush tech may have changed the game just as replacing corn brooms with brushes did -- but whether using corn, brushes or new brush tech, curlers are still sweeping rocks like they always have. The QB headset is not used when the ball is in play, it just gets info to the QB more quickly than by player substitution. I guess you may be right about baseball gloves being new equipment - after all players have only used them since the 1860s. Composite hockey sticks are still hockey sticks, new drivers are still golf clubs and belly putters are still putters, tennis rackets are still tennis rackets reagardless of what they are made of. I stand by my statement that no other sport has ADDED a new piece of EQUIPMENT to make it easier for competitors to play the game. And I for one would like to see watches banned. Sorry if you think that makes curling like soccer.

01-16-14 04:57PM
Unregistered

burberry outlet sale

Some lessthanpredictable results include Bucharest, Romania (No. 4), Hyderabad, India (No. 11) and Kalkata, India (No. 13). Our Cheap and Cheerful list comprises the top destinations based on that analysis. spyder jackets sale Mr. Cook knows this. At Apple, he once said, "we take risks knowing that risk will sometimes result in failure, but without the possibility of failure there is no possibility of success." replica hermes If you type in words like "cheap" and "discount" followed by the name of a product, there's a one in five chance you'll end up at a website selling counterfeit goods. Many of these sites are difficult to distinguish from legitimate retailers selling endofseason clearance items or overstock. karen millen Value engineering is not about cutting and especially it is not about cutting the things the customer interacts with. It is about being ingenious, about finding new ways to do things. The same applies to value engineering your marketing. Don't cut the things the customer interacts with; instead be ingenious. You should be about adjusting your costs so that there is no obvious reduction in quality or perceived quality. burberry sale Buying a real estate fund now is a bet on future prosperity: You're not bargainhunting here. You're looking for REITs to improve along with the economy. If you think the economy and commercial real estate is speeding down the highway to Palookaville, stay away. But if you want reasonable income, and the chance for decent growth, REITs might be a good choice. spyder jackets outlet believe that they have great potential to be excellent schools for the young people of Carlisle and we are committed to supporting them to achieve this as quickly as possible. Rose announced last week that a new executive principal, Derek Davies, has been appointed and will oversee work at Central and Morton. http://www.auvergne-alu.fr/upload/bandeau/pas+cher+nike.htm Speaking of which, here's a snap taken outside the Yousefzada show. I'm sure this girl experiences similar if not more violent reactions to her shoes too. I'm surprisingly attracted to the zebra and snakeskin together. chanel outlet The thought that physical appearance could even remotely be a factor rubbed some the wrong way. Avital, of the Holocaust survivors' umbrella group, criticized the cosmetics company, saying it was using Holocaust survivors in a cheap marketing stunt to promote their products. spyder jackets sale It s kind of up in the air, but I would expect it to be fairly similar. We always try and add two or three rookies, he said. We just have to hope that guys stay healthy.Injustice as we see it burberry bags sale Knowlton created Stop A Bully i

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 61.152.172.237

01-17-14 09:30AM
MCC_PE is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MCC_PE Click here to Send MCC_PE a Private Message Find more posts by MCC_PE Add MCC_PE to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MCC_PE
Hitting Paint

Qualifying your statement as adding a completely new tool is fairly restrictive as new materials and technology can significantly improve performance more than a stopwatch can help sweepers judge weight.

Regardless, sticky gloves for football are a new piece of equipment that makes it easier for skill position players catch, throw or otherwise handle the ball and even non-skill position players to tackle or hold.