Stroeder Final
Delorey (7)
M: NWTCA Curling Club Championships
Fort Smith, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 3 -- Sat, Mar 23 -- 1:00pm ET
Delorey Final
Lockhart (EE)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > Team Changes - Early Discussion

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 3 of 35 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
12-03-21 11:03PM
MeaghanEdwards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MeaghanEdwards Find more posts by MeaghanEdwards Add MeaghanEdwards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MeaghanEdwards
Drawmaster

Another team announcement, Kim Tuck to join Team Danielle Inglis who will fill in for Jessica Corrado who has work commitments.

tinyurl.com/yvcfd985

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

12-03-21 11:32PM
GregJP is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GregJP Click here to Send GregJP a Private Message Find more posts by GregJP Add GregJP to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GregJP
Swing Artist

Darren Moulding
@darren_moulding
·
“Personal Reasons” lol… that’s a head scratcher…. Might have ask whose “personal reasons” those are.

#dontbelieveit #lies

12-03-21 11:42PM
Hack Weight is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hack Weight Click here to Send Hack Weight a Private Message Find more posts by Hack Weight Add Hack Weight to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hack Weight
Hitting Paint

Re: Moulding

I think he deserves a lot of credit for how he stepped into the third spot with Bottcher. Great disposition. Brier champion, 2 other finals, 3 slams.

Now via his Twitter he’s already dispelled the “personal reasons” BS. It’s clearly a decision by Bottcher and/or Bottcher and the other 2. Hopefully teams in the future have the integrity or courage to just properly announce if they made a decision to move on.

There’s nothing wrong with deciding to change a member of the team, but announcing late Friday night that the person leaving has “personal reasons”, is a clown show. It’s weak, amateur garbage, not to mention that you’re trying to hide your decision under the guise of an individual having potential personal and/or health issues.

Who’s the replacement? Obviously someone decent if this move was made now.

12-04-21 12:16AM
GregJP is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GregJP Click here to Send GregJP a Private Message Find more posts by GregJP Add GregJP to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GregJP
Swing Artist

What a bush league move to replace a player in the middle of the season and say they are "taking time away from the game for personal reasons" Were they expecting him to not react and keep quiet about what really happened?

12-04-21 12:38AM
MeaghanEdwards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MeaghanEdwards Find more posts by MeaghanEdwards Add MeaghanEdwards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MeaghanEdwards
Drawmaster

Darren Moulding
@darren_moulding
This is a complete bs statement… I’m very disappointed that the team didn’t put out an accurate statement on my status. I am not taking time away from the game… I’m ready, willing and able to play. I was planning to defend my title as team Canada in Lethbridge.

12-04-21 12:41AM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

Conversation nov16.
Hey Braeden if we don’t win the trials, we’ll be looking to change 3rds. Maybe your interested?
I better run that by my team.
Hey Matt, I kinda got an offer from Brendon, I think I’m going to accept.
Hey Braeden, if your going to do that you may as well leave right now.
Team Dunstone tweets Moskowy not playing trials because of personal reasons.

Too much of a coincidence? Maybe, maybe not. We’ll see.

12-04-21 12:50AM
GregJP
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by guido
Conversation nov16.
Hey Braeden if we don’t win the trials, we’ll be looking to change 3rds. Maybe your interested?

That actually makes a lot of sense.

12-04-21 01:03AM
Hack Weight is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hack Weight Click here to Send Hack Weight a Private Message Find more posts by Hack Weight Add Hack Weight to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hack Weight
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by guido
Conversation nov16.

The Moskowy thing is some legitimate, real life stuff. Serious enough that reporters are too scared to dig into and no one is willing to share. The replacement is not him, and your example would never happen as even if such an offer was made, the person receiving the offer would never go to his team, right before the trials, and say “hey I’m probably leaving in 6 months because I got an offer from a team that I think is better than us”.

12-04-21 02:33AM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Hack Weight

The Moskowy thing is some legitimate, real life stuff. Serious enough that reporters are too scared to dig into and no one is willing to share. The replacement is not him, and your example would never happen as even if such an offer was made, the person receiving the offer would never go to his team, right before the trials, and say “hey I’m probably leaving in 6 months because I got an offer from a team that I think is better than us”.

Well, how about this then?
Hey Brendan, Braeden is going to be out of curling for a bit. How about teaming up.
Well Matt, let’s see what happens in these trials, then we can make a plan.
Team B and Team D do terribly in the trials.
Hey Matt, maybe the sooner the better?
Sure, sounds good. Gives my guys a bit of time to team up with others.

Last edited by guido on 12-04-21 at 02:53AM

12-04-21 07:04AM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by MeaghanEdwards
Darren Moulding stepping away for personal reasons:

https://twitter.com/TeamBottcher/st...966732803743745

Methinks there’s more to the story to come. Darren asks “who’s personal reasons?” From his response on Twitter.

12-04-21 08:57AM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

Pretty disrespectful to Darren to put out a fake statement I’m glad he said something.

I hope he does really well in mixed doubles. I’d love to see him pair up with Einarson. His positive attitude is just what she needs.

12-04-21 10:56AM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend

Darren kind of shot out of nowhere when Team Botch hit its stride. Helped take them to new and unexpected heights. Now this - essentially Darren was publicly executed. Darren may have shown slight decline as a SUPER 3rd but he was still wildly effective.

This speaks more about Mr. Bottcher & his 2 other mates!

btw - anyone know if Jones will compete for the Manitoba women's title? If she does, that signals intent to curl in Scotties. If she gets a hint Homan won't be at Scotties that would be incredible incentive for Jones to seek her 7th STOH title. (Homan is her kryptonite, even a distracted, distraught & disinterested Homan was able to manhandle Jones at Olympic trials)

I think Jones might be unavailable for the Manitoba Scotties

12-04-21 11:01AM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by MeaghanEdwards
Darren Moulding
@darren_moulding
This is a complete bs statement… I’m very disappointed that the team didn’t put out an accurate statement on my status. I am not taking time away from the game… I’m ready, willing and able to play. I was planning to defend my title as team Canada in Lethbridge.

Two sides to every story
https://twitter.com/darren_moulding
Too bad Bottcher comes out looking like an idiot. So maybe he is.

12-04-21 12:06PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by curlerbroad

I think Jones might be unavailable for the Manitoba Scotties

Not the MB Scotties which are this month but the fact that the Cdn Scotties end Feb 6 and the Olympic curling starts Feb 10 would be the issue. Who wants to miss the Opening ceremonies and/or not get over jet lag.

12-04-21 12:28PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by decade

Two sides to every story

I wonder how team Bottcher’s sponsors feel about sponsoring a group of liars? Not a good look.

12-04-21 12:53PM
hogged again is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hogged again Find more posts by hogged again Add hogged again to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hogged again
Drawmaster

Feel badly for Moulding not being able to defend Brier crown and Bottcher's nice guy image sure takes a hit but this is the right move for his team.
Moulding is older and a very good but not great third. He is like Lawton and Carruthers, great attitude, good team player, can shoot some high % games but in crunch time in the late ends of big games comes up with a bad miss or two.
I also suspect (maybe baselessly) that the "personal reasons" stated by team Bottcher was just them trying to put the best face on things for Moulding and themselves. Do you put out a release saying you cut the guy or do you try to keep it vague so Moulding saves a little face and maybe you don't look so cutthroat? Either way, a messy end to a team that seemed to like one another and had a pretty good run.

Last edited by hogged again on 12-04-21 at 12:57PM

12-04-21 01:21PM
curlingclips is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlingclips Find more posts by curlingclips Add curlingclips to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlingclips
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Love to see Zacharias pick up a cagey old vet to coach them - someone like Jill Officer?

Jill Officer is enrolled in school to get a Master in Mental Performance degree. She's already hired as an Athlete Mentor by the Canadian Olympic Committee. And she's aiming at working the broadcast booth for long term future.

https://www.curling.ca/blog/2021/05...er-to-olympics/

I haven't read anything that suggests that Officer wants to coach a team. I think she's already quite busy as-is, and has future goals in other directions (while Canadians were battling it out at the trials, she was in Norway to commentate Europeans with Mike Harris and others).

But yes, in case you didn't know, Jill Officer will be in Beijing. She'll be there for all Team Canada athletes, not just for Team Jones, but what an awesome reunion trip for those women nonetheless.

Last edited by curlingclips on 12-04-21 at 01:26PM

12-04-21 01:27PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

The press release should have just stated the facts.

Team Bottcher is moving in a new direction and will no longer require the services of Darren Moulding. We thank Darren for his hard work and dedication to the team over the years and wish him all the best in his future endeavours.....yadayada

I realize team changes happen all the time but the timing of this one and then lie about it is just cold.

12-04-21 01:33PM
Maggie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Maggie Find more posts by Maggie Add Maggie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Maggie
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by decade

Two sides to every story

Probably three sides to this story. Brendan’s …Darren’s …and the truth.

12-04-21 01:55PM
hogged again is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hogged again Find more posts by hogged again Add hogged again to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hogged again
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by IN-OFF-FOR-2

Team Bottcher is moving in a new direction and will no longer require the services of Darren Moulding. We thank Darren for his hard work and dedication to the team over the years and wish him all the best in his future endeavours.....yadayada

I realize team changes happen all the time but the timing of this one and then lie about it is just cold.

Bang on. These things are never pleasant but the handling of this one made it worse. Keep it simple and stick to the facts is good advice on any topic.

12-04-21 02:33PM
Hack Weight
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by IN-OFF-FOR-2

Yeah that’s all it’s takes. State you’re moving on, thank the person, acknowledge the team accomplishments with him, wish him well and move on.

Instead they chose to lie and say the guy they are cutting has “personal reasons”. Amateur hour 101. They’ll lose a few fans, not because I care if they make a team change (completely within their right), but because they aren’t smart enough to do it without outwardly lying about the reason.

12-04-21 04:14PM
GregJP
Swing Artist

quote:
Same with Moulding.

He's the reigning Canadian champion you pathetic ignoramus.

12-04-21 04:51PM
jamcan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jamcan Click here to Send jamcan a Private Message Find more posts by jamcan Add jamcan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jamcan
Super Rockchucker

Aside from you folks having to read more of the drivel from the attention seeking troll Manitoba Legend, this is not a totally surprising-yet still completely classless-move by Bottcher.

Have you all forgotten how much influence Kevin Martin has with this team? Or how Martin historically gaslighted and turfed his 3rds if the team had sub par results (usually as a result of his own gaffs and misses)?This move is a classic Martin play. I don't doubt for a second that he was involved in this.

And, it's worth noting, that a blatant-and possibly slanderous-lie about Moulding taking a break is designed for one purpose: to discourage anyone from picking him up.

Why? Because there is no one more focused and dedicated to kicking your ass than a former teammate that you just threw aside like garbage.

Just another reason why there should be written contracts.

Last edited by jamcan on 12-04-21 at 04:54PM

12-04-21 04:53PM
Hack Weight
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by GregJP

He's the reigning Canadian champion you pathetic ignoramus.

In fairness, he’s not on anyone’s list of “best thirds”. It’s reasonable to conclude Bottcher can upgrade at 3rd. So it’s why this was the obvious change that was coming.

It’s somewhat like Cathy O (Jenn wanting her team to get younger and better), but Jenn never tried to hide and cover her decision by saying Cathy O had “personal reasons” to step away.

Put me down for thinking it’s Dunstone coming in, who realized his team is perpetually that one step below the big dogs, plus with the Moskowy situation upending his team. I don’t think it’s Kennedy (at best that’s a lateral move for him). Outside chance of Ryan Fry since he’s a nomad and good. Also outside chance of Tyler Tardi.

12-04-21 05:01PM
jamcan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jamcan Click here to Send jamcan a Private Message Find more posts by jamcan Add jamcan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jamcan
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Hack Weight

In fairness, he’s not on anyone’s list of “best thirds”. It’s reasonable to conclude Bottcher can upgrade at 3rd. So it’s why this was the obvious change that was coming.

It’s somewhat like Cathy O (Jenn wanting her team to get younger and better), but Jenn never tried to hide and cover her decision by saying Cathy O had “personal reasons” to step away.

Put me down for thinking it’s Dunstone coming in, who realized his team is perpetually that one step below the big dogs, plus with the Moskowy situation upending his team. I don’t think it’s Kennedy (at best that’s a lateral move for him). Outside chance of Ryan Fry since he’s a nomad and good. Also outside chance of Tyler Tardi.

Oh FFS. Who cares about your inexpert opinion of Moulding?

There's a right and a wrong way to cut teammates. The right way is to be honest, be an adult and take your lumps.

The wrong way is to lie, gaslight the guy in a vain, pathetic attempt to prop up a wounded ego after playing bad-face it folks, the WHOLE team sucked at the Trials not just Moulding.

Just another reason why Curling is NOT a professional sport by any stretch of the imagination.