Stroeder Final
Delorey (7)
M: NWTCA Curling Club Championships
Fort Smith, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 3 -- Sat, Mar 23 -- 1:00pm ET
Delorey Final
Lockhart (EE)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 3 of 6 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
02-02-20 10:13AM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by curlerbroad

There some great women curlers in Ontario, but they are all on different teams. It would be fantastic to see some come together and put on a real challenge to Rachel. I think Duncan could do it, but they likely need to take curling full time.

for a few years harrison and flaxey really pushed rachel hard. they beat her fairly requently. i know alison moved but not sure why harrison has fallen off.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

02-02-20 10:40AM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

WTF

Is it just my provider or does anyone else have 6 sportsnet channels all showing stupid highlights instead of the curling. Cut out after the 2 nd end.

02-02-20 10:42AM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLER1
Super Rockchucker

Re: WTF

quote:
Originally posted by IN-OFF-FOR-2
Is it just my provider or does anyone else have 6 sportsnet channels all showing stupid highlights instead of the curling. Cut out after the 2 nd end.

yes, me too - but it says at the bottom of the screen they are having technical difficulties at the curling.

02-02-20 10:46AM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by misty1

i like glenn but john has lost so many ontario finals i really dont want him to lose another one

Epping won the final in 2018.

02-02-20 10:50AM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
Worst news Jen Jones received Saturday nite was information that Hollie Duncan had been unable to upset Rachel Homan in Ontario - barfing up a bad 3 spot in the 9th end to seal the deal for Rachel.

Get your facts straight. The 3 came in the 8th end. Duncan took one in the 9th and stole one in the 10th but all Homan had to do was keep peeling the guards and then one of the two rocks in the rings.

02-02-20 10:53AM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

Never let the facts get in the way. Curling back on!!

02-02-20 01:21PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

Jen has already proven legend wrong by beating fleury. apparently she wasnt supposed to even make the final

02-02-20 01:32PM
MeaghanEdwards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MeaghanEdwards Find more posts by MeaghanEdwards Add MeaghanEdwards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MeaghanEdwards
Drawmaster

quote:
Jen has already proven legend wrong by beating fleury. apparently she wasnt supposed to even make the final

I roll my eyes at every post of his.

02-02-20 01:44PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by MeaghanEdwards

I roll my eyes at every post of his.

well..i cant tell if he's actually giving up on her or its like i said and he's trying to reverse jinx her. either way its getting to be a bit much when he does it every other event she plays

02-02-20 01:46PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

i know this is really going to stun everyone. gushue won in newfoundland

02-02-20 01:57PM
MeaghanEdwards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MeaghanEdwards Find more posts by MeaghanEdwards Add MeaghanEdwards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MeaghanEdwards
Drawmaster

quote:
i know this is really going to stun everyone. gushue won in newfoundland

First event win since 2018 (the Elite 10 was his last event win).

02-02-20 02:16PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

A lot closer than he wanted. 3-1 with a ton of blanks

02-02-20 02:21PM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

First chance I've had to watch Howard Team curling. Watching the Epping/Howard game. Just wondering why the Howard rink has the big "B"on their jerseys. Anyone know?

02-02-20 02:27PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

watching northern ontario and wondering why badiuk seems so intent not to play a draw. in the 4th end jacobs was setting up for 2 on his last. there was a jacobs bighter he could have tried to use as a guard to draw around. seems like it would have been better than to try the double he did which was near impossible. even hitting and rolling would have been a better call but if you could have gotten around the run wouldnt have been easy and made brad's shot a lot tougher than drawing open paint

02-02-20 02:33PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

[QUOTE]Originally posted by albetts
First chance I've had to watch Howard Team curling. Watching the Epping/Howard game. Just wondering why the Howard rink has the big "B"on their jerseys. Anyone know? [/QUOTE

I think it's B for their sponsor beer store

02-02-20 02:55PM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

Thanks for the response. Actually when Scott walked away from the camera and I saw the sponsors name, I thought to myself, hello, duh. lol. Thanks again, appreciate it.

02-02-20 03:08PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

epping wins ontario in a surprisingly one sided match

02-02-20 03:09PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

jacobs in control in northern ontario....sigh

02-02-20 03:12PM
MeaghanEdwards
Drawmaster

Felt bad for Howard, just couldn't much going.

Yay for double the Koe at the Brier, Jamie won NWT. Interesting that they streamed their games whilst Manitoba only chose to (short sightedly IMO) only cover the semis and finals, no streaming.

02-02-20 03:12PM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Drawmaster

More breaking news like Gushue coming out of nfl, Jamie Koe coming from the territory’s. Is that a 100 times now?

02-02-20 03:19PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

In British Columbia Corynn Brown steals the win over Wark and wins her first BC title. great to see this young team finally break through and get to a scotties. they've been close the last 2 years and now they've done it. fantastic. this is a very good young team .

just seeing the emotion on the skip corynn and and the whole team and what it means to see a team breakthrough and get to their first scotties. i love that

Last edited by misty1 on 02-02-20 at 03:22PM

02-02-20 03:39PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

Grattan out of new brunswick

02-02-20 03:39PM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

Debating driving over to Rivers for the final - no sportsnet here... but meh. Will watch linescores and read your excitement. I am glad to see Brown come through. Watched the end of Homan/Duncan last night. I jinxed - 3 ender happened as soon as I opened the stream. Einarson will have to use every bit of mind work she has mustered over the years - no angry self talk, no memories percolating during the game. If she lets go of her mental strength, she'll tumble. I'd like to see her take it cleanly today... but I'll probably just watch the scores pour in.
I see that Walker picked up Rocque for her 5th. Silvernagle will be a contender with very tough Second (Hunkin) and Third - Lawton. Maybe I'll drive over to Moosejaw for a day or two. Settling in for the Dunstone Muyres matchup. Also was rooting for Hartung. Hardest working curlers in the biz.

Last edited by nelski on 02-02-20 at 03:47PM

02-02-20 04:11PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

Again, the facts don't matter

Fleury has been to the Scotties 4 times and has over 20 wins, both with her new team and her NO team.

02-02-20 06:17PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
Jones teammates curling their guts out for JJ.

JJ's rock positioning (career weakness) is superior this afternoon - just a few blips in brush arguments with JJ & Kaitlyn.

Oh dear Jen was light on a draw against 3...Team Einarson coming on strong...