Spain  
Italy  
Turkiye  
Estonia  
Switzerland  
France  
Norway  
Japan  
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > 2020 Scotties in Moose Jaw

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 8 of 11 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
02-20-20 10:59PM
curlingclips is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlingclips Find more posts by curlingclips Add curlingclips to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlingclips
Super Rockchucker

Re: Tiebreaker

quote:
Originally posted by dinorock2005
P.S.
I am really going to miss Mary-Anne.

I haven't seen the broadcast yet. Did they say anything about her retiring? Last I heard she's only moving to BC with her partner. I don't think she's quitting curling.

Heck, we may see more of her in BC than NS, maybe. She'd have to go through some people to go to the Scotties, or maybe she'll team up with some of the younger teams?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

02-20-20 11:22PM
beaches43 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for beaches43 Find more posts by beaches43 Add beaches43 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
beaches43
Harvey Hacksmasher

scotties

What does the Legend think of J.J. now?Diffrent tune each day.

02-21-20 07:56AM
dinorock2005 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dinorock2005 Find more posts by dinorock2005 Add dinorock2005 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dinorock2005
Super Rockchucker

Re: Re: Tiebreaker

quote:
Originally posted by curlingclips

I haven't seen the broadcast yet. Did they say anything about her retiring? Last I heard she's only moving to BC with her partner. I don't think she's quitting curling.

Heck, we may see more of her in BC than NS, maybe. She'd have to go through some people to go to the Scotties, or maybe she'll team up with some of the younger teams?

I'm guilty of watching with my eyes and ears multitasking.
I saw the tears and the hugs, heard "will miss her" and took a huge jump to a conclusion.
I stand down if I have passed on misinformation.
Mary-Anne in B.C.colours?
Good for her but I would feel like the first time I saw Johnny Unitas in a San Diego Chargers uniform.
Just not quite right.

02-21-20 09:01AM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLER1
Super Rockchucker

Re: Re: Re: Tiebreaker

quote:
Originally posted by dinorock2005

I'm guilty of watching with my eyes and ears multitasking.
I saw the tears and the hugs, heard "will miss her" and took a huge jump to a conclusion.
I stand down if I have passed on misinformation.
Mary-Anne in B.C.colours?
Good for her but I would feel like the first time I saw Johnny Unitas in a San Diego Chargers uniform.
Just not quite right.

darn multitasking, I was doing the same thing. I did hear the commentators talking about how everyone in BC would be trying to pick her up for their team, but did not know who they were talking about.

thought I would google before I posted and this is what I got:

MARY-ANNE MOVING ON
After 32 years of living in Halifax and winning five Canadian women's curling championships for Nova Scotia, Mary-Anne Arsenault is saying goodbye to the east coast in March. She and her fiancé, a retired RCMP officer, are moving to the Okanagan region of British Columbia.

02-21-20 09:27AM
hogged again is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hogged again Find more posts by hogged again Add hogged again to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hogged again
Drawmaster

Team I'm most impressed with--BC. They appear relaxed and unintimidated, very under control for a first timer. Could have won the two games I saw them lose and would not have been out of place in final 4. They stick together they will win the whole deal one day soon.

02-21-20 09:40AM
cnpeters is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cnpeters Find more posts by cnpeters Add cnpeters to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cnpeters
Hitting Paint

I mean this as the greatest possible compliment - Jennifer Jones is like that monster in the horror movie that no matter how many times you think you've left it for dead... she always is there.

For heavens sake, her first throw of the week was an air ball. She had low, crummy percentages, she kept saying sorry as if she wasn't doing things right.. and here she is, Friday Morning, playing for a spot in the 1-2 game.

She's like that pitcher in baseball who was unhittable fifteen years ago, but now lobs meatballs up there every pitch... and every batter is salivating waiting to crush home runs 500 feet...

Yet here she is in the eighth inning, after being in trouble for seven innings.. giving up a single run on thirteen hits. She's so dang tenacious. She's always there.

02-21-20 11:08AM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by hogged again
Team I'm most impressed with--BC. They appear relaxed and unintimidated, very under control for a first timer. Could have won the two games I saw them lose and would not have been out of place in final 4. They stick together they will win the whole deal one day soon.

Agree. Their record of 4-5 is a bit unfair. They should have beaten wild card and hat a shot for the win over ontario. They were a few inches away from an amazing shot for 3 and the win over northern Ontario. I've long been a fan of Corynn and her team. I said before. They are the future face of BC curling.

02-21-20 11:49AM
cnpeters is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cnpeters Find more posts by cnpeters Add cnpeters to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cnpeters
Hitting Paint

I don't know who that person is. They arrest you for CBC viewing down here.

But if he's into terrible cross-sport analogies then he's fine by me.

02-21-20 01:55PM
cnpeters
Hitting Paint

I think you're right - it goes without saying... if Einarson is on her game, if Homan is on her game, and if Jones is on her game, Jones loses. But if Einarson or Homan is 90 percent, and one of their thirds flubs their 6th stone against Lawes in the 9th, Jones will be there with a shot to get right back in it. And she'll probably not get it perfect, but she'll give herself a chance.

And then, well, things will feel pretty familiar, win or lose.

02-21-20 03:04PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

Want further proof stats mean nothing?. Manitoba us losing to wild card 9-3 and yet tje stats have them actually outcurling wildcard. Same thing with canada losing to BC. Stats dont tell tje story

02-21-20 06:50PM
Bmalky is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bmalky Find more posts by Bmalky Add Bmalky to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bmalky
Harvey Hacksmasher

Don't look now but if Einarson beats Homan and Jones wins, Jones is 1st!!

02-21-20 06:51PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
I still maintain my earlier position that McCarville is the dark horse to win the thing.

She thwarts most offensive rallies by opponents - today timid lefty Suzanne Birt did a Cool Hand Fluke act late in the 10th end - but McCarville didn't bat an eyelash - just went down and put a stone where PEI couldn't count 3 if they had 100 shots at it.

With CC Carey falling badly and Silvernagle failing to live up to pre-Scotties hype the TOP 4 are pretty much who we thought they were.

JONES - HOMAN - McCARVILLE - EINARSON

Homan going 9-1 thus far is the least surprising in the thing - same with McCarville qualifying BUT

JONES & EINARSON both showing their fangs and doing some great sailing.

Jones has been the surprise of the tournament - showing how you can win with personally horrid percentagles!

mccarville is good. there's no denying that. but i dont know that she can knock off homan, jones and einarson consecutively to win this, which is what she'll have to do if she wants to.

02-21-20 07:33PM
EPMD is offline Click Here to See the Profile for EPMD Find more posts by EPMD Add EPMD to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
EPMD
Swing Artist

A dozen minutes into tonight's MB-ON broadcast, and TSN still hasn't revealed what the playoff scenarios are. What happens if MB wins and WC loses? Who drops to the #3 seed? Is ON guaranteed a spot in the 1-2 game no matter what the outcome?

It would be really nice to know that sort of thing. Maybe MB is stuck in the #3 spot no matter what and that's why TSN is silent about it.

02-21-20 07:38PM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLER1
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by fresca
Be nice if cz updated the games tonight

Not very classy - guessing someone at rsn thinks hes trump

use this site for scores,percentage, etc.

https://www.curling.ca/2020scotties/

02-21-20 07:42PM
UnattachedFC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for UnattachedFC Click here to Send UnattachedFC a Private Message Find more posts by UnattachedFC Add UnattachedFC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UnattachedFC
Swing Artist

It's kind of impressive that Northern Ontario has finished 4th at the Scotties before the Page tournament since 2016. I know Fleury was responsible for one of them, but Krista was the one who did that for 4 of them. That just blows my mind.

02-21-20 07:56PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by fresca
Be nice if cz updated the games tonight

Not very classy - guessing someone at rsn thinks hes trump

CZ does not update the scores. Local volunteers would sign into the site to update CZ scores. Nothing to do with CZ.

02-21-20 08:14PM
Deliverer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deliverer Click here to Send Deliverer a Private Message Find more posts by Deliverer Add Deliverer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deliverer
Swing Artist

"The top 4 are pretty much who we thought ..." ML

Close But Noooo Cigar!

Originally, didn't you post Carey* should be rated 3rd and McCarville 6th?

* Also , you previously stated that Carey has a better winning record at the Scotties than either Jones or Homan. But if Jones has 6 wins in 15 appearances, if Homan has 3 wins in 7 appearances and Carey has 2 wins in 5 appearances, Homan has the best winning percentage, Not Carey.

02-21-20 08:27PM
curlingclips is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlingclips Find more posts by curlingclips Add curlingclips to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlingclips
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Deliverer
Also , you previously stated that Carey has a better winning record at the Scotties than either Jones or Homan. But if Jones has 6 wins in 15 appearances, if Homan has 3 wins in 7 appearances and Carey has 2 wins in 5 appearances, Homan has the best winning percentage, Not Carey.

The winning percentage thing is counting games won, not championships won. And yes, Carey was #1 (.792) over Homan (.790) and Jones (.754) after 2019 Scotties.

Source: TSN broadcast of the 2019 final at 2h39m10s.

02-21-20 09:25PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

Go to scores. Click head to head. Click Carey. Of the "top" teams and many other teams excluding all the territories, she has a losing record life to date. She definitely had an "off" week but history shows she loses more than she wins against the better teams.

02-21-20 10:09PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

first time ever that chelsea fails to make the playoffs.

had an off year.it happens

what happens if manitoba holds on and manitoba, ontario and wild card all finish 9-2

like i said. tough to see mccarville going through all 3 but it'd be awsome if she did.

02-21-20 10:13PM
Deliverer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deliverer Click here to Send Deliverer a Private Message Find more posts by Deliverer Add Deliverer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deliverer
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by curlingclips

The winning percentage thing is counting games won, not championships won. And yes, Carey was #1 (.792) over Homan (.790) and Jones (.754) after 2019 Scotties.

Source: TSN broadcast of the 2019 final at 2h39m10s.

Are you not actually quoting statistics which are are now one (1) year old?

If you were to consider Homan's nine ((9) additional wins in the current Scotties compared to Carey's 4, doesn't that put her over the top?

02-21-20 10:14PM
EPMD is offline Click Here to See the Profile for EPMD Find more posts by EPMD Add EPMD to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
EPMD
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by misty1
what happens if manitoba holds on and manitoba, ontario and wild card all finish 9-2

TSN finally explained it in the 7th end. MB #1, WC #2, ON #3 based on cumulative draws to the button in the tournament.

Vic even then said in the end: "We can't emphasize enough how important this game is!"

He was right. They didn't emphasize it at all in the first half of the game.

02-21-20 10:21PM
curlingclips
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Deliverer

Are you not actually quoting statistics which are are now one (1) year old?

If you were to consider Homan's nine ((9) additional wins in the current Scotties compared to Carey's 4, doesn't that put her over the top?

Yes, I was pointing out the stats after 2019 Scotties, in which Carey was #1 over Homan and Jones in winning percentage.

You're right that she's no longer #1 as of now. I'm just pointing out that we're measuring winning percentage of games, not championships.

I'm not trying to argue who's better or whatever. I'm just pointing out the fact relevant to the discussion, which is that Carey was at one point the winningest skip at the Scotties, over Homan and Jones.

Last edited by curlingclips on 02-21-20 at 10:25PM

02-21-20 11:46PM
Maggie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Maggie Find more posts by Maggie Add Maggie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Maggie
Hitting Paint

I hope NO has a great game tomorrow. They have a tough grind and the odds of beating all three teams ahead of them aren’t great. Nevertheless I hope they persist.

02-21-20 11:56PM
Frozencanuck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Frozencanuck Click here to Send Frozencanuck a Private Message Find more posts by Frozencanuck Add Frozencanuck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Frozencanuck
Harvey Hacksmasher

Great game between Manitoba and Ontario. Even up except for thirds where Val absolutely owned Emma. Can’t believe Emma doesn’t show more emotion, maybe yell a bit, or perhaps do somthing with her eye lashes