Spain  
Italy  
Turkiye  
Estonia  
Switzerland  
France  
Norway  
Japan  
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 1 of 3 -- Go to: | 1 | 2 | 3 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
04-13-22 06:01PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

Slam

Nice to see Gushue come back with a win in their 2nd game. Must be on fumes by now. Same somewhat for Edin and Retornaz all playing Olympics, worlds and here. But for gushue throw in the 10 day pre quarantine in BC for the Olympics AND playing the Brier between the Olympics and the worlds.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

04-13-22 06:22PM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLER1
Super Rockchucker

Slam TV Schedule

https://thegrandslamofcurling.com/broadcast-schedule/

04-13-22 09:12PM
hogged again is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hogged again Find more posts by hogged again Add hogged again to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hogged again
Drawmaster

Re: Slam

quote:
Originally posted by IN-OFF-FOR-2
Nice to see Gushue come back with a win in their 2nd game. Must be on fumes by now. Same somewhat for Edin and Retornaz all playing Olympics, worlds and here. But for gushue throw in the 10 day pre quarantine in BC for the Olympics AND playing the Brier between the Olympics and the worlds.

Plus the trials-- that's a long pressure packed season which makes the selection of Gallant for the upcoming mixed doubles another questionable call by curl Canada.

04-13-22 09:32PM
curlingclips is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlingclips Find more posts by curlingclips Add curlingclips to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlingclips
Super Rockchucker

Re: Re: Slam

quote:
Originally posted by hogged again
Plus the trials-- that's a long pressure packed season which makes the selection of Gallant for the upcoming mixed doubles another questionable call by curl Canada.

For what it's worth, Gallant himself said that he feels more than up to the task. Apparently this season hasn't been all that hard on him physically compared to pre-pandemic seasons. Yes, there has been a lot of high pressure Team Canada/Maple Leaf situations and quarantines, etc., so it's probably more stressful mentally and draining emotionally, but apparently physically it was quite a light schedule, and he's really looking forward to the World Mixed Doubles.

04-14-22 03:20AM
shocka22 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shocka22 Find more posts by shocka22 Add shocka22 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shocka22
Harvey Hacksmasher

What a bad start for Team Hasselborg. Losses to McCarville and Homan, and now facing elimination. I hope they will rebound, and make QF's. However, that is not unexpected from my standpoint. They really struggled at World Championships, especially Anna

04-14-22 03:34PM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

Gulp. Carruthers faces Gunnlaugson to qualify. Current team - new team. Fun facing one's loyalties. Go for the money.

04-14-22 04:56PM
hailstone is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hailstone Find more posts by hailstone Add hailstone to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hailstone
Swing Artist

Just watched the first ever live broadcast of a Grand Slam event in Japan! Fujisawa vs Walker was a fun little match, but the broadcast was three hours long, so even though the match went the full eight ends, there ended up being a ton of filler, with the announcers talking over the same minute's worth of Toronto stock footage looping over and over again.

I hope someday we can get to the point where they use that time to highlight other teams and other matches, instead of just endlessly rehashing things related to Loco Solare.

04-14-22 05:48PM
curlingclips is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlingclips Find more posts by curlingclips Add curlingclips to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlingclips
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by hailstone
I hope someday we can get to the point where they use that time to highlight other teams and other matches

So I take it you haven't seen the Around the Rings coverage yet?

They only use it in the later playoff stages, e.g. for the semifinals where they'll go back and forth between all 4 games on all 4 sheets.

I'd love to hear your review afterward.

04-14-22 07:33PM
myhouse911 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for myhouse911 Find more posts by myhouse911 Add myhouse911 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
myhouse911
Hitting Paint

I get it, but it's a shame that the Olympic Champs vs Worlds Champs game is not broadcast on Sportsnet tonight. Would much rather watch that than Fleury vs Einarson. Or either of the men's games for that matter.

04-14-22 07:37PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by myhouse911
I get it, but it's a shame that the Olympic Champs vs Worlds Champs game is not broadcast on Sportsnet tonight. Would much rather watch that than Fleury vs Einarson. Or either of the men's games for that matter.

It would be a VERY boring game.
And the outcome would be known before it started.

04-14-22 07:52PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by myhouse911

Ftlog sportsnet has about 6 channels. Why not show curling on one instead of Anaheim Tampa game. Or instead of rained out jays game on 2-3 channels. Bad enough tsn has the leaf game blacked out to the rest of Canada. Make a deal and put the curling on tsn instead of a blank screen outside Ontario.
Why can’t we just all get along.

04-14-22 08:35PM
UnattachedFC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for UnattachedFC Click here to Send UnattachedFC a Private Message Find more posts by UnattachedFC Add UnattachedFC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UnattachedFC
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by IN-OFF-FOR-2

Ftlog sportsnet has about 6 channels. Why not show curling on one instead of Anaheim Tampa game. Or instead of rained out jays game on 2-3 channels. Bad enough tsn has the leaf game blacked out to the rest of Canada. Make a deal and put the curling on tsn instead of a blank screen outside Ontario.
Why can’t we just all get along.

They're literally streaming the game for free. I'm guessing that you don't have a good internet connection, because if you do, why are you complaining?

As for the Blacked-out games, TSN is technically 2 channels and Sportsnet is technically 3. Explaining regional rights existing would take way too much time for me.

04-14-22 09:04PM
hartfromthesoo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hartfromthesoo Find more posts by hartfromthesoo Add hartfromthesoo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hartfromthesoo
Knee-Slider

JJ stick to curling

Painful to listen to her comments

04-14-22 09:06PM
myhouse911 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for myhouse911 Find more posts by myhouse911 Add myhouse911 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
myhouse911
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by guido

It would be a VERY boring game.
And the outcome would be known before it started.

Muirhead 4, Tirinzoni 3 in the last year.
Fleury 6, Einarson 1 in the last year... but sure, go on with your narrative.

04-15-22 12:44AM
MeaghanEdwards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MeaghanEdwards Find more posts by MeaghanEdwards Add MeaghanEdwards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MeaghanEdwards
Drawmaster

Re: JJ stick to curling

quote:
Originally posted by hartfromthesoo
Painful to listen to her comments

KNOWLEDGABLE WOMEN BAD

04-15-22 02:48AM
hailstone is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hailstone Find more posts by hailstone Add hailstone to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hailstone
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by curlingclips

So I take it you haven't seen the Around the Rings coverage yet?

They only use it in the later playoff stages, e.g. for the semifinals where they'll go back and forth between all 4 games on all 4 sheets.

I'd love to hear your review afterward.

You underestimate Japan's single mindedness. They are only broadcasting Team Fujisawa games (the Fujisawa/Walker game was the first), and possibly the finals if they are not in it.

I don't know if TV Asahi has their own television crew, but they did show their own Japanese language backstage interview with Satsuki Fujisawa and Chinami Yoshida after the game, so I'm pretty sure we are not getting the exact same feed as you.

04-15-22 09:52AM
prairie guy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for prairie guy Click here to Send prairie guy a Private Message Find more posts by prairie guy Add prairie guy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
prairie guy
Swing Artist

Re: Re: JJ stick to curling

quote:
Originally posted by MeaghanEdwards

KNOWLEDGABLE WOMEN BAD

I enjoy Jennifer Jones commentary. It sounds more natural to me than Joan who seems to feel the need to try to sound as if she is telling us the most important thing. Always find the change from Vic/Russ refreshing.

04-15-22 11:11AM
curlingclips
Super Rockchucker

quote:
I'm pretty sure we are not getting the exact same feed as you.

Ah, OK. This is a crucial fact that I had missed. I thought you hailstone were referring to the Sportsnet broadcast, which was probably what 99% of the posters here saw (I don't think we have many Japan-based posters here).

Yes, there were TV Asahi crew on location. They showed a few seconds of them on Sportsnet.

//edit: https://www.si.com/curling/news/cra...ling-hits-japan
"For the first time, Fujisawa’s games at the Players’ are being televised in Japan—by TV Asahi—with color commentary provided by 2018 Olympian Tsuyoshi “Yama” Yamaguchi."

Last edited by curlingclips on 04-15-22 at 11:15AM

04-15-22 01:47PM
hoggedrock is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hoggedrock Find more posts by hoggedrock Add hoggedrock to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hoggedrock
Harvey Hacksmasher

Did anyone catch what Sarah Wilkes injury is? She’s not sweeping

04-15-22 04:01PM
curlingclips
Super Rockchucker

So just to clarify, did the Japanese broadcast showed Fujisawa vs McCarville instead of Homan vs Muirhead?

Is there a link to that replay by any chance?

04-15-22 04:29PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

Re: Re: JJ stick to curling

quote:
Originally posted by MeaghanEdwards

KNOWLEDGABLE WOMEN BAD

ML got banned for sexist comments like this. Guess CZ has different standards.

04-15-22 04:35PM
MeaghanEdwards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MeaghanEdwards Find more posts by MeaghanEdwards Add MeaghanEdwards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MeaghanEdwards
Drawmaster

Re: Re: Re: JJ stick to curling

quote:
Originally posted by decade

ML got banned for sexist comments like this. Guess CZ has different standards.

it was actually a sarcastic reply in response to the post dissing JJ.

04-15-22 05:03PM
hailstone
Swing Artist

quote:
So just to clarify, did the Japanese broadcast showed Fujisawa vs McCarville instead of Homan vs Muirhead?

They showed alternate programming. No curling whatsoever.

Yes, I'm as bummed out about that as you may think.

04-15-22 05:30PM
curlingclips
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Yes, I'm as bummed out about that as you may think.

Can you hailstone tell us more?

What was the original plan? Was there initial commitment to broadcast all of Fujisawa's games? Did they cancel subsequent broadcast because the pilot didn't have enough viewers? Did they at least still do backstage interviews after Fujisawa vs McCarville?

04-15-22 05:53PM
hailstone
Swing Artist

quote:

Can you hailstone tell us more?

What was the original plan? Was there initial commitment to broadcast all of Fujisawa's games? Did they cancel subsequent broadcast because the pilot didn't have enough viewers? Did they at least still do backstage interviews after Fujisawa vs McCarville?

I have no inside information, but unless they can broadcast a full Team Fujisawa game, TV Asahi has no interest in showing anything from the event. As they apparently could not do that, they canceled the broadcast entirely.

When they showed split screen of the last rock of an end in the Jones/McCarville game, the Japanese announcers completely ignored it and carried on talking about Fujisawa/Walker. They show zero interest in any of the other fifteen teams, unless they are playing Team Fujisawa.

Last edited by hailstone on 04-15-22 at 05:57PM