Spain  
Italy  
Turkiye  
Estonia  
Switzerland  
France  
Norway  
Japan  
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
09-30-21 05:01PM
Curlwalker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Curlwalker Find more posts by Curlwalker Add Curlwalker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Curlwalker
Hitting Paint

Qualico Mixed Doubles

Watching the live stream of this spiel. One camera direction seems to be a mirror image. Shots that start out inturn become outturn. Scoreboard is reversed. Is this just me?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

09-30-21 05:15PM
MeaghanEdwards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MeaghanEdwards Find more posts by MeaghanEdwards Add MeaghanEdwards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MeaghanEdwards
Drawmaster

Not just you. I @'d at them about on Twitter

Fixed now!

Last edited by MeaghanEdwards on 09-30-21 at 06:45PM

10-06-21 01:44AM
HerCurl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HerCurl Click here to Send HerCurl a Private Message Find more posts by HerCurl Add HerCurl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HerCurl
Harvey Hacksmasher

Qualico Mixed Doubles

I am just watching a replay of the final between Peterman/Gallant and Homan/Morris. Every time I watch Morris play mixed doubles I ask myself “Who would curl with this guy?”
Rachel: tell me the weight.
John: OK, I will
(Rock thrown)
Rachel: Where is it?
John: Well,um.....(40 feet of rock travel go by....)
It just rubs rock top 4
John: Heaving sighs,...
Rachel: I can’t call line and call weight too.
REPEAT, REPEAT, REPEAT
John never wants to sweep his teammate’s shots, but always wants them to sweep his. Incessant babble but no communication. Rachel chooses ice for her own shot, John talks for 5 minutes about why he thinks her ice should be different. Good Jesus. Painful to watch. And it is equally painful no matter who he’s playing with.

10-06-21 05:38AM
riley is offline Click Here to See the Profile for riley Find more posts by riley Add riley to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
riley
Harvey Hacksmasher

The best curling commentary I have ever heard was from Chelsea Carey, Colin Hodgins and Darren Moulding during this event.

10-06-21 08:28PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

Re: Qualico Mixed Doubles

quote:
Originally posted by HerCurl
I am just watching a replay of the final between Peterman/Gallant and Homan/Morris. Every time I watch Morris play mixed doubles I ask myself “Who would curl with this guy?”
Rachel: tell me the weight.
John: OK, I will
(Rock thrown)
Rachel: Where is it?
John: Well,um.....(40 feet of rock travel go by....)
It just rubs rock top 4
John: Heaving sighs,...
Rachel: I can’t call line and call weight too.
REPEAT, REPEAT, REPEAT
John never wants to sweep his teammate’s shots, but always wants them to sweep his. Incessant babble but no communication. Rachel chooses ice for her own shot, John talks for 5 minutes about why he thinks her ice should be different. Good Jesus. Painful to watch. And it is equally painful no matter who he’s playing with.

Probably why any mixed doubles team he plays on only lasts 1 year.
Now he has Homan who is probably pressured into playing with him.
You can sure tell when a female is talking to him it goes in one ear and out the other

10-07-21 01:06AM
MeaghanEdwards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MeaghanEdwards Find more posts by MeaghanEdwards Add MeaghanEdwards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MeaghanEdwards
Drawmaster

Rachel is his usual Mixed Doubles partner; Kaitlyn filled in for Homan during the Oly as she wasn't allowed to do both disciples in the Oly under CC.

Yes, John talks a lot, but still manages to get the Ws. Both Rach and John have known each other for a long, long, long time.

10-07-21 04:57AM
curlingclips is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlingclips Find more posts by curlingclips Add curlingclips to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlingclips
Super Rockchucker

Re: Re: Qualico Mixed Doubles

quote:
Originally posted by guido
any mixed doubles team he plays on only lasts 1 year

Homan/Morris lost the 2017 Canadian championship to Courtney/Carruthers, who got silver at World.

https://www.curling.ca/blog/2017/04...bles-champions/

You can also find news articles of Homan/Morris winning bonspiels as far back as 2016.

10-07-21 09:42AM
prairie guy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for prairie guy Click here to Send prairie guy a Private Message Find more posts by prairie guy Add prairie guy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
prairie guy
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by MeaghanEdwards
Rachel is his usual Mixed Doubles partner; Kaitlyn filled in for Homan during the Oly as she wasn't allowed to do both disciples in the Oly under CC.

Yes, John talks a lot, but still manages to get the Ws. Both Rach and John have known each other for a long, long, long time.

Exactly. Anyone curling with Johnny Mo knows what they are getting. He has his "quirks" and Rachel Homan is not going to curl with someone she can't deal with. Also he is a heck of a shotmaker still.

10-08-21 09:21AM
Deliverer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deliverer Click here to Send Deliverer a Private Message Find more posts by Deliverer Add Deliverer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deliverer
Swing Artist

Best curling commentary ever....

I wouldn't quite go that far but Carey is , in my opinion, far superior to either Joan or Cheryl. Let's hope somebody at TSN/SN was listening also.

10-09-21 09:21AM
MeaghanEdwards
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by Deliverer
Best curling commentary ever....

I wouldn't quite go that far but Carey is , in my opinion, far superior to either Joan or Cheryl. Let's hope somebody at TSN/SN was listening also.

Agreed.

And slightly off topic but I'm enjoying Pete Stetski's commentary on Team Koe's "Kootube" on FB. Much more so than Russ Howard's. There's a more personal touch in that he actually knows the boys on a personal level.