Japan (EE)
Denmark 10  Final
Spain (8)
Estonia Final
Italy (8)
M: Mexican Mixed Doubles Championship
Vancouver, CAN
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > Team Changes - Early Discussion

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 22 of 35 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
03-15-22 05:18PM
MeaghanEdwards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MeaghanEdwards Find more posts by MeaghanEdwards Add MeaghanEdwards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MeaghanEdwards
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by mbgoose
Maybe Jones will take over Homan's team, with everyone moving down a position.

It will be interesting to see if any other teams start to split before the next Olympic push. Lawes could have a really great Manitoba team if the Fleury or Einarson teams make changes.

Oooh I like that idea. I think Homan could make a good third. I'm curious as to where they'll all land.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

03-15-22 06:25PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by MeaghanEdwards

Oooh I like that idea. I think Homan could make a good third. I'm curious as to where they'll all land.

Homan is an alpha female. Heck she couldn't even get along with an alpha male at the Olympics. Think she would be happy as a 3rd?

03-15-22 07:16PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by decade

Homan is an alpha female. Heck she couldn't even get along with an alpha male at the Olympics. Think she would be happy as a 3rd?

I don’t know about alpha female but some people are just meant to be, skilled to be, born to be, skips. Homan is one of them.

03-15-22 07:32PM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLER1
Super Rockchucker

Jones was just interviewed on CTV Winnipeg - she is putting a new team together and said she will continue to curl out of Manitoba.

03-16-22 09:32AM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

If I'm being totally honest I really don't care what happens with gushue or koe. Probably because both of them bore me to tears . I'm really interested to see what happens with Homan and Jones. If Kaitlyn joins a team or forms one. And whats happening with Jacob's and tardi

03-16-22 01:01PM
MeaghanEdwards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MeaghanEdwards Find more posts by MeaghanEdwards Add MeaghanEdwards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MeaghanEdwards
Drawmaster

Nothing official from the teams but some rumours here:

https://twitter.com/dezabrais/statu...vacQS72TYLJOflU

Bottcher/Kennedy/Gallant/Hebert

Jacobs and one of the Harnden boys might be retiring; Horgan/Moulding (though I hear he'll be staying w/ Grattan so idk) will be going to NO

Koe/Fry/Tardi/Walker

03-16-22 02:24PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

Team Fleury newest team to announce they are splitting.

03-16-22 03:14PM
alex is offline Click Here to See the Profile for alex Click here to Send alex a Private Message Find more posts by alex Add alex to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
alex
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by guido
Team Fleury newest team to announce they are splitting.

Wow. That is surprising if all going separate ways. Aren't they number 1 team?

03-16-22 03:23PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

How about fleury goes back to NO and Lawes skips the rest of the team? Or Chelsey Carey steps back in and skips them.

03-16-22 03:31PM
oliviertoisel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for oliviertoisel Find more posts by oliviertoisel Add oliviertoisel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
oliviertoisel
Drawmaster

I really loathe this part of curling. It's technically "Exciting" but I find the shuffling mind numbing. I'd also note that it's not clear to me just have beneficial all this change is every 4 years. 3/4 last Olympic reps were teams that 3/4 existed prior to the quad (Homan had been together for two quads, Jones changed 1 because of retirement, Gushue none). I know on the flipside you have Koe (who always changes) but still. Also is Einarson going to split? Really? Hopefully not.

I also wonder if it hurts curling as a semi-pro sport. In most other team sports you have both a team and players you root for. In curling it's hard to be a team fan for very long as they split up so often. I don't think it's a coincidence that some of the more popular teams build support over 8 years not 2-4.

03-16-22 03:36PM
c_anabranch is offline Click Here to See the Profile for c_anabranch Find more posts by c_anabranch Add c_anabranch to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
c_anabranch
Harvey Hacksmasher

The trio of Njegovan, Fyfe and MacCuish are also splitting. This was confirmed from Liz Fyfe.

Who knows if two of them join up with Lawes, but not all three.

03-16-22 03:55PM
MeaghanEdwards
Drawmaster

I was shocked to hear of Team Fleury's breakup, they did have some hard losses :( I wonder if Jennifer Jones is going to take Fleury under her wing.

I thought Team Koe had a classy announcement:

https://twitter.com/TeamKevinKoe/st...160321124147200

Please stick together, Einarson, Fujisawa and Tirinzoni!

Brad is stepping back from the game, the team is splitting up:

https://twitter.com/TeamBradJacobs/...185356723359749

Last edited by MeaghanEdwards on 03-16-22 at 04:06PM

03-16-22 04:10PM
oliviertoisel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for oliviertoisel Find more posts by oliviertoisel Add oliviertoisel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
oliviertoisel
Drawmaster

Not surprised about Jacobs since he's been hinting at a semi-retirement for a couple years. A year off seemed to rejuvenate Kennedy, maybe he gave Brad some advice.

03-16-22 07:18PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by oliviertoisel
Not surprised about Jacobs since he's been hinting at a semi-retirement for a couple years. A year off seemed to rejuvenate Kennedy, maybe he gave Brad some advice.

I can see EJ and Ryan teaming up with Horgan in NO.

03-16-22 08:44PM
arod49 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for arod49 Find more posts by arod49 Add arod49 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
arod49
Knee-Slider

Women

Homan, Lawes, Wilkes and Weagle. Make a pact, then take a year or two off to get married and have babies. You need about 14 months to get your stuff together, the time before that is wasted as far as I'm concerned.
You need to stay fresh.

03-16-22 09:48PM
Rock2_YYZ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rock2_YYZ Find more posts by Rock2_YYZ Add Rock2_YYZ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rock2_YYZ
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by c_anabranch
The trio of Njegovan, Fyfe and MacCuish are also splitting. This was confirmed from Liz Fyfe.

Who knows if two of them join up with Lawes, but not all three.

I could see Jones taking MacCuish. Would Jill ever come out of retirement for one last go and join them? Fyfe to round it out?

Njegovan playing 3rd for Lawes I think would be a good back end to build around.

03-16-22 09:55PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

Since they’re all in Alberta.
Homan, Scheidegger, Haughian and Wilkes.

03-16-22 10:07PM
Rock2_YYZ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rock2_YYZ Find more posts by Rock2_YYZ Add Rock2_YYZ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rock2_YYZ
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by MeaghanEdwards
Nothing official from the teams but some rumours here:

https://twitter.com/dezabrais/statu...vacQS72TYLJOflU

Bottcher/Kennedy/Gallant/Hebert

Jacobs and one of the Harnden boys might be retiring; Horgan/Moulding (though I hear he'll be staying w/ Grattan so idk) will be going to NO

Koe/Fry/Tardi/Walker

A lot to unpack here. The Moulding split did not reflect well on Bottcher, but if credible names are willing to link up with him, then in the sport Bottcher's rep must be just fine. Or this is just the only elite skip in his prime in the province.

If Marc wants his chance at skipping now would have been the time. I would have grabbed Tardi and Thiessen and maybe Karrick? About that, how is one of the best 2nds in Canada somehow left out of the mix - Bradley?

The captioned Koe and Bottcher teams just seem like an odd mix. Dunno. And Thiessen without a home? Unless he and Karrick move over to, say, Sturmay? Possibly some tweaking to come.

Some pretty delicious chaos in AB and MB. I hope ON gets its act together, stat, too.

03-16-22 10:46PM
Hack Weight is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hack Weight Click here to Send Hack Weight a Private Message Find more posts by Hack Weight Add Hack Weight to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hack Weight
Hitting Paint

This is somewhat exciting but also somewhat odd/weird to me. A lot of these seem to be changes just for the sake of change. Shuffling players around in the top 10 teams, and I’m not convinced anyone is getting materially better or worse.

If Einarson’s team splits that might just be the cherry on top of this insanity. They are literally the 3 time defending Canadian Champions.

Good for Jacobs taking a year off but sparing everyone the “retirement” talk.

No top team will go near Moulding. He won in the court of public opinion but has little respect amongst the top teams.

03-17-22 12:38AM
Maggie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Maggie Find more posts by Maggie Add Maggie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Maggie
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by Rock2_YYZ

…I would have grabbed Tardi and Thiessen and maybe Karrick? About that, how is one of the best 2nds in Canada somehow left out of the mix …
And Thiessen without a home? Unless he and Karrick move over to, say, Sturmay? Possibly some tweaking to come.

Has Bottcher team announced they are breaking up? Are Thiessen and Martin available?

03-17-22 12:48PM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLER1
Super Rockchucker

Jennifer joining team Zacharias.

https://oneelevenmg.com/jennifer-jo...oF3GDScLycLnI6s

03-17-22 12:50PM
MeaghanEdwards
Drawmaster

I think it's a great match; these young ladies are already so good, they'll be even better learning from an experienced vet.

03-17-22 01:36PM
oliviertoisel
Drawmaster

Fantastic. Superb role for someone of Jones' calibre and career stage. And this is a 5 woman team I can actually see working with 5 people.

03-17-22 02:28PM
c_anabranch is offline Click Here to See the Profile for c_anabranch Find more posts by c_anabranch Add c_anabranch to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
c_anabranch
Harvey Hacksmasher

Laura Walker's team is splitting up. Can add Kate Cameron into the Manitoba mix.

Wonder who from Team Walker will be going with Scheidegger and who with Homan...

03-17-22 03:00PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by c_anabranch
Laura Walker's team is splitting up. Can add Kate Cameron into the Manitoba mix.

Wonder who from Team Walker will be going with Scheidegger and who with Homan...

That’s strange. Just the other day Laura did a fb question time with Geoff and when asked about her plans for the fall she said the team was staying together and probably go with a 5 person team because she’s due in the fall.

Hmmm. Maybe she didn’t know the change was coming.