Stroeder Final
Delorey (7)
M: NWTCA Curling Club Championships
Fort Smith, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 3 -- Sat, Mar 23 -- 1:00pm ET
Delorey Final
Lockhart (EE)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 15 of 20 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
03-23-20 08:34PM
MeaghanEdwards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MeaghanEdwards Find more posts by MeaghanEdwards Add MeaghanEdwards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MeaghanEdwards
Drawmaster

Matt Wozniak will be joining Team Gunnlaugson, as per the Twitch chat that Gunner was on (and on the team's social media).

https://www.twitch.tv/johnwatchescurling

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

03-24-20 07:45AM
Saskvet is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Saskvet Find more posts by Saskvet Add Saskvet to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Saskvet
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by MeaghanEdwards
Matt Wozniak will be joining Team Gunnlaugson, as per the Twitch chat that Gunner was on (and on the team's social media).

https://www.twitch.tv/johnwatchescurling

I was really impressed by his attitude about Mike's team break-up.
According to him they all remain good friends.
This is the way it is supposed to be
I doubt that some of the recent break-ups will be the same

03-24-20 10:45AM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
Remember, when both McEwen & Carruther's teams imploded it was McEwen who was picked up off the streets by 3 remaining members of Reid's squad.

Only dilemma for Team GunnerG is neither Matt Woz or Adam Casey are natural 3rds - so I suspect they'll give the vice keys to Casey.

Casey has played 3rd for many years back in the day with Gallant, also off and on with the other 10 teams he's played with over the years. I think Matt will be a big help as a calming voice of reason as Jason at times can get very excitable. Great pick up.
The question is, is the team better today than last week? I say yes once they get some time together.

03-24-20 01:04PM
beaches43 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for beaches43 Find more posts by beaches43 Add beaches43 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
beaches43
Harvey Hacksmasher

team changes

to mb. Legend are natural thirds born or do they need your approval.It takes time and team practice.

03-24-20 01:51PM
hogged again is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hogged again Find more posts by hogged again Add hogged again to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hogged again
Drawmaster

Casey has been around for awhile and I think he's proved he's a better at second than at third. Top thirds nowadays need to have the big upweight shot in the bag like Fry, Kennedy, Neufeld, Nichols and I'm not sure Casey has that.

03-24-20 05:42PM
curlingclips is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlingclips Find more posts by curlingclips Add curlingclips to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlingclips
Super Rockchucker

Mike McEwen was on Stone & Straw. It's a really good episode, and it refutes some of the non-sense that you guys spewed around here.

https://stoneandstraw.libsyn.com/s02e05-mike-mcewen

03-24-20 06:55PM
Saskvet is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Saskvet Find more posts by Saskvet Add Saskvet to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Saskvet
Hitting Paint

I just listened to that pod cast.
Very honest revealing interview. I am not sure how he refuted any nonsense. It seemed to be good example of what goes on on most good teams. honest conversations, between 4 guys that lived in a close environment for 11 years. Of course it is not all roses. Biggest thing I took from it, "There is no hard feelings, a lot of things didn't have to be spoken" "We all knew it was over"

03-24-20 06:57PM
Saskvet
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by hogged again
Casey has been around for awhile and I think he's proved he's a better at second than at third. Top thirds nowadays need to have the big upweight shot in the bag like Fry, Kennedy, Neufeld, Nichols and I'm not sure Casey has that.

I believe that Casey has played skip or third 8 out of the last 11 years

03-24-20 07:22PM
UnattachedFC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for UnattachedFC Click here to Send UnattachedFC a Private Message Find more posts by UnattachedFC Add UnattachedFC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UnattachedFC
Swing Artist

I think one move that was under the radar was Mary-Anne Arsenault picking up Kelly Scott's old team of 2005-09 of Jenna Schraeder, Sasha Carter and Renee Simons.

03-24-20 07:37PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by UnattachedFC
I think one move that was under the radar was Mary-Anne Arsenault picking up Kelly Scott's old team of 2005-09 of Jenna Schraeder, Sasha Carter and Renee Simons.

Confirmed or rumour? If true, well done.

03-24-20 07:44PM
curlingclips is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlingclips Find more posts by curlingclips Add curlingclips to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlingclips
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Saskvet
I just listened to that pod cast.
Very honest revealing interview. I am not sure how he refuted any nonsense.

I'm referring to this:

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
Remember, when both McEwen & Carruther's teams imploded it was McEwen who was picked up off the streets by 3 remaining members of Reid's squad.

McEwen wasn't picked up off the streets. As he says in the interview, Reid had been trying to recruit him for years.

And like you said, while there were rough moments with his old team, the end was amicable. It wasn't an implosion, whatever that means.

03-24-20 07:57PM
Saskvet
Hitting Paint

Well that I can agree on. I think it was more of a block party. He certainly wasn't laying on the street. I am glad that they have all gotten back on decent teams. I found it interesting how that team was formed with BJ being the last one on board

03-24-20 08:29PM
UnattachedFC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for UnattachedFC Click here to Send UnattachedFC a Private Message Find more posts by UnattachedFC Add UnattachedFC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UnattachedFC
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by IN-OFF-FOR-2

Confirmed or rumour? If true, well done.

Confirmed per Jonathan Brazeau. I don't think it was that known since it was announced on a Facebook account of one of the members, so unless you're a friend of those 4 people, you wouldn't have heard about the move.

03-24-20 08:36PM
curlingclips
Super Rockchucker

Here's Jonathan Brazeau's article than confirms some of the things forementioned:

https://www.sportsnet.ca/curling/ei...es-next-season/

03-24-20 09:05PM
Deliverer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deliverer Click here to Send Deliverer a Private Message Find more posts by Deliverer Add Deliverer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deliverer
Swing Artist

I have never in 50 years seen fans boo a team... SASKVET

With regard to the fiasco in Gimli, 2008, I've now heard back from the Archives of several Manitoba newspapers which covered Jones' attempt to browbeat a brunch of school kid curlers and even try to hold the event hostage until she got her way, but they had nothing which has not already been divulged.

03-24-20 09:12PM
curlingclips
Super Rockchucker

There was some booing when Koe repositioned his rock for a biter after Oskar Eriksson swept it out of the ring illegally above the tee line at 2014 WMCC.

https://youtu.be/xc4C36vXJak

This was held in Beijing, China. I'm not sure who did the booing (it was only a handful of people if what was picked up by the microphone was a fair representation of the truth). I'm not sure if the Chinese audience was into curling back in 2014.

My guess is that it was the supporters of the Swedish team that did the booing.

Last edited by curlingclips on 03-24-20 at 09:21PM

03-24-20 10:09PM
ott-am is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ott-am Click here to Send ott-am a Private Message Find more posts by ott-am Add ott-am to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ott-am
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by curlingclips
There was some booing when Koe repositioned his rock for a biter after Oskar Eriksson swept it out of the ring illegally above the tee line at 2014 WMCC.

This was held in Beijing, China. I'm not sure who did the booing (it was only a handful of people if what was picked up by the microphone was a fair representation of the truth). I'm not sure if the Chinese audience was into curling back in 2014.

I remember that. Eriksson made a Little Rock mistake, he must have had quite a mental lapse, and Koe was pretty generous where he placed the rock.

03-24-20 10:24PM
Saskvet
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by curlingclips

Not sure what to think there. Eriksson was wrong. Koe didn't put it in for shot rock But it sure bit him in the butt

03-25-20 01:12PM
Saskvet
Hitting Paint

I couldn't agree more. At least in the next month.
People are being reasonably responsible now, except for a few idiots
However, as the pressure mounts all hell could turn loose.
Lets hope science shows us the way and people can see what does and doesn't work.
Can you imagine living in NY right now?

03-25-20 01:30PM
Saskvet
Hitting Paint

https://www.cbc.ca/player/play/1715255875683
I don't want to make this into a coronavirus thread, but I find this very insightful
Promise last one!

03-25-20 01:44PM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

I feel sometimes like I'm watching a movie. When I leave the television after the news or a series I wonder to myself "did I put the world on pause"? I'm quite confident that we'll get through this and please everyone, take care of yourselves and do what is asked of us.

03-25-20 04:33PM
hogged again is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hogged again Find more posts by hogged again Add hogged again to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hogged again
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by Saskvet

I believe that Casey has played skip or third 8 out of the last 11 years

Yes he has and whenever I saw him he was usually getting outplayed. He looked pretty comfortable at 2nd in this year's Brier.

03-25-20 08:23PM
Saskvet
Hitting Paint

Conner was at 90 percent and plus 6 in this past brier and in my opinion should have been an all star.
It went south after that
Casey was the ninth rank 2nd
Alex was the ninth ranked 3rd and minus 4
Gunner made a couple of circus shots
Yeah, Casey looked pretty comfortable

03-25-20 09:11PM
Saskvet
Hitting Paint

I would bet you dollars to donuts that if they got back to the brier, Matt would be in the top 3 seconds, and their front end would be one of the best.

03-25-20 10:50PM
Saskvet
Hitting Paint

I think you nailed it!!