Stroeder Final
Delorey (7)
M: NWTCA Curling Club Championships
Fort Smith, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 3 -- Sat, Mar 23 -- 1:00pm ET
Delorey Final
Lockhart (EE)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 2 of 2 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 |   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
10-23-20 11:17AM
biterbar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for biterbar Click here to Send biterbar a Private Message Find more posts by biterbar Add biterbar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
biterbar
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by curlerbroad
Just saw saw on Twitter that Saskatchewan has cancelled all curling events

Our club here in the states is not opening. I think about 40% of Wisconsin are going to.

We have clubs opening with mandatory mask and optional mask leauges on different nights.

Saskatchewan has 25 deaths vs. Wisconsin's 1730. We have had more cases in each of the last 10 days than the 2500 Sask has in total.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

10-23-20 06:44PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend

I think Doug Ford's mega-troubled and mentally-ill brother Rob was a far more caring and understanding politician - - - even with his occasionally rambunctious public behavior.
Doug Ford hides his sickness and disdain for humanity very well.

Well his fake concern over the number of deaths in the long term care homes is telling. He’s the one who cut back on inspections of them.

10-23-20 08:27PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend

I tried to contact Ford's office re: some solutions for;

1. Reducing & Monitoring our seniors housed in stock-yard style Canadian nursing homes.
2. Keep canada's children safe and protected in schools
3. Reduce PPE costs 8 to 18% across the board.

So far I've sent e-mails to approx. 20 federal leaders, provincial leaders and even the new Green leader in Toronto. 99% send auto-responses loaded with false platitudes - worse ones are Chyrstia Freeland, Doug Ford & Jagmeathead Singh.

Our politicians are simply un-equipped to handle national tragedies other than via hope and insincere platitudes. I told vermin like Ford & Freeland that the deaths of more canadian seniors will be on their hands - just because they refuse to vet outside ideas that may work

Hopefully Manitoba takes better care of their seniors...otherwise I would have broken you out of the home when I was in Winnipeg

10-24-20 01:00PM
hogged again is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hogged again Find more posts by hogged again Add hogged again to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hogged again
Drawmaster

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Manitoba Legend

This Dougie Ford character is one of the worst pieces of governing trash in the long history of Ontario politics - even worse than his brother Rob - - - IF THATS EVEN POSSIBLE . . . ! ! !
[/QUOTE

Not sure why you are singling out Ford. Sure he isn't up to the task but what premier is? The leaders in BC, Alta, Sask. MB and Que all are in the position where the pandemic is beyond their control, beyond their ability to mitigate and the hospitals in all those provinces will soon be overwhelmed and the premiers will have NO ANSWERS.
Simply put, the political and social situation in Canada (and many other countries) is no longer equipped to handle a major crisis.
There, I vented and from now on will stick to curling commentary here. Won a game last week, played well. Couple more teams dropped out. Biggest thing I miss is no scoreboards, don't know if a big end got scored, a big lead blown or an upset in the making.

Last edited by hogged again on 10-24-20 at 01:07PM

10-24-20 10:02PM
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by fresca
This week one casualty was 103 , another 83 with dementia

- most older people die of pneumonia and “ comfort care “

- they stop feeding you and give you adequate painkillers for two days ...

Visited about 10 elderly friends in nursing homes the last 15 years, - mostly happy people being looked after by caring staff

Most noticable was the absense of family and friends - 30 people on the floor - no visitors - and i would go everyday til the parent or friend died -

I asked about it to the staff -

“ i guess they only come on holidays ? “

Answer - no - never

By visiting I had a level of comfort and was appreciated - never cried at the end -

Shud be a rule - you dont visit and help - you dont get to complain or inherit

Not sure why the government gets to carry the financial burden of looking after old and infirm people , while the family takes the cash

If you move someone into a nursing home , their cash, securities, and home should be put in trust for thir care -

Fresca, you make an excellent point. Families shouldn’t dump their relatives and hope the government looks after them. Myself, When I’m 90 I’ll ensure I’m in a condo with a few handsome psws to look after me...

10-25-20 11:07AM
prairie guy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for prairie guy Click here to Send prairie guy a Private Message Find more posts by prairie guy Add prairie guy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
prairie guy
Swing Artist

Geesh I remember when this forum had curling chat on it instead of it being used as a political podium. Too bad.

10-25-20 03:49PM
alex is offline Click Here to See the Profile for alex Click here to Send alex a Private Message Find more posts by alex Add alex to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
alex
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by prairie guy
Geesh I remember when this forum had curling chat on it instead of it being used as a political podium. Too bad.

Totally agree

10-25-20 04:44PM
Deliverer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deliverer Click here to Send Deliverer a Private Message Find more posts by Deliverer Add Deliverer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deliverer
Swing Artist

"Ontario is about equivalent with most of USA, worst county by far in battling ..the pandemic." ML

The province in Canada which currently has the highest number of Covid-19 cases per capita is Quebec.

Only 10 states in the USA currently have fewer average daily cases per million than Quebec.

In Canada, after Quebec, the the second worse performing province is Manitoba which currently has 86.1 cases per million people, followed by Alberta at 70.4 cases per million and Ontario at 54.6 cases per million.

If Ontario were considered a state of the USA only two USA states would have a better record, Maine and Vermont.

10-25-20 08:23PM
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

Well Saskatchewan is causing confusion with sports teams...nobody in, nobody out.. This doesn’t bode well for the Scottie’s or Brier...Atlantic provinces & NL in a similar situation

Last edited by curlerbroad on 10-25-20 at 10:17PM

10-25-20 10:00PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

If they want to put the championships in a " bubble" situation, going to Edmonton or Toronto makes sense because they have the experience with the NHL bubbles. Why reinvent the wheel in another city? Oops I forgot, when does CC do anything logically?

10-25-20 10:18PM
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by decade
If they want to put the championships in a " bubble" situation, going to Edmonton or Toronto makes sense because they have the experience with the NHL bubbles. Why reinvent the wheel in another city? Oops I forgot, when does CC do anything logically?

Your last sentence is very true!