Stroeder Final
Delorey (7)
M: NWTCA Curling Club Championships
Fort Smith, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 3 -- Sat, Mar 23 -- 1:00pm ET
Delorey Final
Lockhart (EE)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > Team Changes - Early Discussion

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 4 of 35 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
12-04-21 05:15PM
Maggie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Maggie Find more posts by Maggie Add Maggie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Maggie
Hitting Paint

There will be a national media conference at 2 PM eastern on Sunday with Brendan Bottcher to discuss recent line up change.

This seems out of the ordinary when teams make changes, no?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

12-04-21 05:43PM
MBTuck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MBTuck Click here to Send MBTuck a Private Message Find more posts by MBTuck Add MBTuck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MBTuck
Harvey Hacksmasher

Some good selections. Moskowy seems to be an obvious candidate too. You also have to assume Colton Lott finds himself on a team soon. He seems to be the first guy called up to spare. Playing with Dunstone, Gushue and Epping in the past few years. He was Dunstone’s best player at the recent trials. He has been the best mixed doubles player in our country, playing with someone who I don’t even think curls competitive. Impressive resume.

quote:
Originally posted by Hack Weight

In fairness, he’s not on anyone’s list of “best thirds”. It’s reasonable to conclude Bottcher can upgrade at 3rd. So it’s why this was the obvious change that was coming.

It’s somewhat like Cathy O (Jenn wanting her team to get younger and better), but Jenn never tried to hide and cover her decision by saying Cathy O had “personal reasons” to step away.

Put me down for thinking it’s Dunstone coming in, who realized his team is perpetually that one step below the big dogs, plus with the Moskowy situation upending his team. I don’t think it’s Kennedy (at best that’s a lateral move for him). Outside chance of Ryan Fry since he’s a nomad and good. Also outside chance of Tyler Tardi.

12-04-21 05:50PM
nordicanuck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nordicanuck Find more posts by nordicanuck Add nordicanuck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nordicanuck
Knee-Slider

https://torontosun.com/sports/curling/brier-champion-bottcher-dumps-third-moulding-after-missing-playoffs-at-olympic-trials

Moulding went on to say he was “sacked” from the team during a meeting after the Olympic trials. He said the situation arose from a team disagreement, more than as a result of on-ice performance.

“Suffice it to say, I could feel it coming,” Moulding said.

“I called (Bottcher) out on a couple things and he didn’t like it so he cut me.”

12-04-21 05:51PM
GregJP is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GregJP Click here to Send GregJP a Private Message Find more posts by GregJP Add GregJP to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GregJP
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by jamcan
Aside from you folks having to read more of the drivel from the attention seeking troll Manitoba Legend, this is not a totally surprising-yet still completely classless-move by Bottcher.

Have you all forgotten how much influence Kevin Martin has with this team? Or how Martin historically gaslighted and turfed his 3rds if the team had sub par results (usually as a result of his own gaffs and misses)?This move is a classic Martin play. I don't doubt for a second that he was involved in this.

And, it's worth noting, that a blatant-and possibly slanderous-lie about Moulding taking a break is designed for one purpose: to discourage anyone from picking him up.

Why? Because there is no one more focused and dedicated to kicking your ass than a former teammate that you just threw aside like garbage.

Just another reason why there should be written contracts.

I just don't get why they couldn't have waited until after the Brier to do this. He deserved the chance to go to another Brier. Were they afraid that they might win again and be stuck with him. What a completely classless thing to do unless there is something we don't know. Like his behaviour just not being acceptable or a drug or alcohol problem. If it's just because of on ice performance they should have waited until after the Brier.

12-04-21 05:52PM
GregJP is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GregJP Click here to Send GregJP a Private Message Find more posts by GregJP Add GregJP to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GregJP
Swing Artist

I posted before reading the post above mine.

12-04-21 05:57PM
GregJP
Swing Artist

From the article.

"While it’s not uncommon for teams to break up after the Olympic trials are held every four years, it is unusual to see one that is already slated to be Team Canada at the Brier part ways with a player.

“Have you ever seen that before?” Moulding asked.

Moulding will lose out on funding and a chance to play in Lethbridge, where he spent some of his formative years.

“It’s brutal,” Moulding said.

“Lethbridge is my hometown and I was really looking forward to wearing Team Canada colours in my old hometown.”

12-04-21 06:13PM
nordicanuck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nordicanuck Find more posts by nordicanuck Add nordicanuck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nordicanuck
Knee-Slider

“I called (Bottcher) out on a couple things and he didn’t like it so he cut me.”

Darren's comments in the torontosun indicate that he would still be on the team if he hadn't rocked the boat.

12-04-21 06:32PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

I would cheer for Koe again if he replaced Morris with Moulding. And it would make good spectating in Alberta.

12-04-21 06:47PM
Deliverer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deliverer Click here to Send Deliverer a Private Message Find more posts by Deliverer Add Deliverer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deliverer
Swing Artist

' I just don't get why they couldn't have waited until after the Brier.' GregJP

It's simple. They didn't believe they could win without making a change.

12-04-21 07:08PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Deliverer
' I just don't get why they couldn't have waited until after the Brier.' GregJP

It's simple. They didn't believe they could win without making a change.

According to Moulding, Bottchers feelings were hurt.

12-04-21 07:19PM
lixit74 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lixit74 Click here to Send lixit74 a Private Message Find more posts by lixit74 Add lixit74 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lixit74
Harvey Hacksmasher

I honestly figured this was going to happen at some point when Moulding went out during the mixed last year with the back injury.

Even this year, his posture seemed to be nursing his back a bit.

I think it's the reason the team didn't perform better at Worlds last year.

Nothing against Moulding, but sometimes our bodies get the best of us...

12-04-21 07:59PM
alex is offline Click Here to See the Profile for alex Click here to Send alex a Private Message Find more posts by alex Add alex to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
alex
Swing Artist

Strange. Pat Simmons was probably a better curler than Moulding but the team just wasn't as good as they were with Moulding. Hard to say but just getting a good shooter is not enough. The chemistry will have to be there.

12-04-21 08:11PM
wsj28 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wsj28 Click here to Send wsj28 a Private Message Find more posts by wsj28 Add wsj28 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wsj28
Harvey Hacksmasher

Bottcher and moulding will appear on ‘that curling show’ with Devin heroux and Colleen jones tomorrow. 4pm ET on CBC Facebook and CBC YouTube

12-04-21 09:05PM
Deliverer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deliverer Click here to Send Deliverer a Private Message Find more posts by Deliverer Add Deliverer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deliverer
Swing Artist

JAMCAN, I agree that Kevin probably gave the final nod of approval to the teams' decision to dismiss Moulding.

And that's okay.

But what he failed to do was advise Bottcher exactly how to conduct the dismissal process and how it should be articulated to the world of curling.

And that's Not okay.

PS. Good to have you back.

12-04-21 09:07PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by wsj28
Bottcher and moulding will appear on ‘that curling show’ with Devin heroux and Colleen jones tomorrow. 4pm ET on CBC Facebook and CBC YouTube

CBC trying to make a few bucks?

12-04-21 10:13PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by decade

CBC trying to make a few bucks?

There’s little to no money for CBC for online curling blog/video. Kudos for them to help set the record straight. Let the truth set them free. Until we hear the “truth” I’m siding with Moulding.

12-04-21 10:39PM
shirleyc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shirleyc Click here to Send shirleyc a Private Message Find more posts by shirleyc Add shirleyc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shirleyc
Harvey Hacksmasher

My guess would be the announcement tomorrow will include that their new third will be Brayden Maskowy. (sorry for the misspelling).

12-04-21 10:45PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Deliverer
JAMCAN, I agree that Kevin probably gave the final nod of approval to the teams' decision to dismiss Moulding.

And that's okay.

But what he failed to do was advise Bottcher exactly how to conduct the dismissal process and how it should be articulated to the world of curling.

And that's Not okay.

PS. Good to have you back.

Need the like button. It’s all about the way it was delivered. Then the back peddling and lying in the aftermath. Rip off the bandaid, come clean. Instead of the BS. Just say we fired him from the team. Pretend there’s some remorse. Give him his 25% of sponsorship and winnings, and move on. Pretending or insinuating it’s for his personal reasons is terrible....inflammatory...lying... The truth will set you free. You didn’t like his after trials input, even though you were the biggest reason the team failed. Step up and say I was wrong with the way it was presented, I was wrong in what the team insinuated, I was wrong saying he wanted to take a step back. I think your pants are on fire. Heaven help that lady that sent you socks. She’s now going to send them to Darren.
#darrengotscrewed.

12-04-21 11:39PM
c_anabranch is offline Click Here to See the Profile for c_anabranch Find more posts by c_anabranch Add c_anabranch to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
c_anabranch
Harvey Hacksmasher

A little more detail from Darren.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/curling/ar...-led-dismissal/

12-05-21 12:39AM
MeaghanEdwards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MeaghanEdwards Find more posts by MeaghanEdwards Add MeaghanEdwards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MeaghanEdwards
Drawmaster

Pat Simmons has left his team

https://twitter.com/CurlingZone/sta...365711085555713

12-05-21 01:05AM
guido
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by alex
Strange. Pat Simmons was probably a better curler than Moulding but the team just wasn't as good as they were with Moulding. Hard to say but just getting a good shooter is not enough. The chemistry will have to be there.

Maybe Simmons leaving had some good reason behind it.
Simmons had already became a champion. Maybe didn’t need to put up with a prima donna????

12-05-21 02:04AM
guido
Super Rockchucker

Simmons just became a free a agent also.
I would be shocked if he was the mystery guest, but stranger things have happened.

12-05-21 09:12AM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by c_anabranch
A little more detail from Darren.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/curling/ar...-led-dismissal/

Sounds like Kevin Martin’s puppet Coach Don had a hand in this…

12-05-21 10:08AM
Maggie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Maggie Find more posts by Maggie Add Maggie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Maggie
Hitting Paint

Interesting how many are simply taking Moulding’s word for what happened.

12-05-21 12:35PM
guido
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by fresca

Moulding and morris are similar

Only a dufus would act like moulding is now … he could have laid low and did what kennedy did when he sepated from koe

Timing suggests there was a fight - guessing coach fired too

Moulding and Morris could not be more dis-similar.

You mean only a dufus would tell his side of the story after he believes he’s been wronged???

That’s pretty dufusish.

“Laid low and did what Kennedy did”

Wtf?? Kennedy hung up his broom for a year. He did not get let go.

I would wager
The coach had a bit to do with Moulding getting his walking papers.

Last edited by guido on 12-05-21 at 12:40PM