Howard Final
Sherry 10  (2)
Shuster 13  Final
Brickey (2)
Moulding Final
Isdahl 12  (2)
Martin Final
Sidney (1)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > 2020 Brier - Kingston

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 2 of 11 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
02-29-20 03:35PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

cheryl has other commitments. wont fault her for that but i do think there needs to be a 3rd person there. im assuming steph ledrew isnt avaiable or interested.to bad. she was fantastic the year she covered the juniors with brian

i really do miss linda. was great as a commentator. to bad tsn couldnt steal joan away from sportsnet

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

02-29-20 04:45PM
EPMD is offline Click Here to See the Profile for EPMD Click here to Send EPMD a Private Message Find more posts by EPMD Add EPMD to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
EPMD
Hitting Paint

The last two shots Koe attempted against Epping looked exceptionally difficult and probably not even possible. Really questionable strategy.

02-29-20 04:53PM
MeaghanEdwards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MeaghanEdwards Find more posts by MeaghanEdwards Add MeaghanEdwards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MeaghanEdwards
Swing Artist

I think Kev was talked into the shots. Would be interesting to hear the after game discussion among the team after that game.

02-29-20 05:09PM
fresca is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fresca Click here to Send fresca a Private Message Find more posts by fresca Add fresca to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fresca
Super Rockchucker

Last shot was probably a hail mary - but i couldnt see anything better to try

Eppings last two were prrfect

02-29-20 05:21PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

Great game between Epping and Koe. Good for Eppings team.
A 3rd announcer is not needed. Cathy fills in fine with ice updates and who in their right mind wants Linda again?

02-29-20 06:07PM
Manitoba Legend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Manitoba Legend Click here to Send Manitoba Legend a Private Message Find more posts by Manitoba Legend Add Manitoba Legend to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

Rauter, Old Glenny & Chatty Cathy are just fine for the last 2 ends of most draws - where the main tensions occur and a couple games are usually fizzling out.

However, the main problem is the first 8 ends where Vic & Russ are audibly struggling with things to say - trying hard to refrain from clubhouse nonsense but only hanging in thru overt repetition and even (my o my) occasional gaps of silence!

02-29-20 06:17PM
fresca is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fresca Click here to Send fresca a Private Message Find more posts by fresca Add fresca to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fresca
Super Rockchucker

Ironic coming from u. Lol lol

900,000 viewers NEED TOBE ENTERTAINED for 6 ends- 8 in the brier - or they will tune out

Curling is very boring and complicated for 95% of the population - now theysweep to make it speed up andslow down and curl ornot curl

Bj had same problem with mike as he does with kevin

Only sport where you get to be part of a cult in a private club of 5 teams forever or 20 years til u croak - and then comeback with northern ontario

Whtz morris doing there ?

02-29-20 06:22PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

you dont necessarily need 3 commentators in a sport. but with this crew i do think you need someone to balance out vic and russ. linda did that. they worked well together. cheryl just goes along with them.

anyway, on to the game. yes a great game. it all depends on epping but if he's on this week ontario is my choice for the win. epping is the kind of skip that can win a game entirely on his own and he can also lose it with his own mistakes. if he's zoned in there' no shot he cant make .he's got the best team he's ever had backing him. i like ontario's chances. but, as i said a lot o it depends on john himself

02-29-20 06:26PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by fresca

900,000 viewers NEED TOBE ENTERTAINED for 6 ends- 8 in the brier - or they will tune out

Curling is very boring and complicated for 95% of the population - now theysweep to make it speed up andslow down and curl ornot curl

Only sport where you get to be part of a cult in a private club of 5 teams forever or 20 years til u croak - and then comeback with northern ontario

morris is there 5th

02-29-20 07:16PM
Manitoba Legend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Manitoba Legend Click here to Send Manitoba Legend a Private Message Find more posts by Manitoba Legend Add Manitoba Legend to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by MeaghanEdwards
I think Kev was talked into the shots. Would be interesting to hear the after game discussion among the team after that game.

The negative consequences of PLAYING FOR TWO - - - Koe knew he was playing against a veritable machine (Epping & Fry were realling rockin' it today) so he dipped into the Nutty Club strategy sheet - - - and paid for it with a stunning opening round loss!

Koe's desperate last rock angle double was a few inches wide and Kevin refused to have Benny or Flash sand it down for re-direction (old school)

02-29-20 07:22PM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by fresca

Methinx Johnny Mope (Morris) is plotting a comeback.

He sees opportunity - Old Glenny is at the end of the line, Epping is now the only super-team out of Ontario, Snowshues (Nfld) is not quite the massive force he used to be, McEwen/Reid are McEwen/Reid, Gunner an entertaining dud.

If Johnny Mo can scout and put together a super team - he could rule for 5 to 7 yrs.

Believe what you want but - JOHNNY MO'S BACK IN TOWN . . . .

Last edited by Manitoba Legend on 02-29-20 at 09:07PM

02-29-20 08:21PM
JMan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JMan Find more posts by JMan Add JMan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JMan
Harvey Hacksmasher

I thought the same thing about Morris. The announcers said that he actually reached out to the Epping team and asked if they could use him. Not a bad fifth ;-)
I figure the juices are flowing again! I'd love to see him back

02-29-20 08:50PM
fresca
Super Rockchucker

7th end bush league - trump like incompetence

Brad kicks alberta back 2 inches at 5:30 back eight - maybe making no front 8ft sh2nd shot

Tsn cant orwont show replay
Annnouncers go for a pee
Brad doesnt put rock back
Umpire does sweet fanny apples

Botcher looks classy - but gets taken advantage of ..

BUSH LEAGUE
!!

Lol. God evens it up nxrt end - botcher gets skinny runner dbl

Last edited by fresca on 03-01-20 at 05:05AM

02-29-20 09:20PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

I also wondered why no overhead replay. We've seen it a 100 times. Stop the clock , go back to the overhead to see where the rocks were. Too many people asleep at the wheel.? A conspiracy theorist might suggest tsn wants ANY team from Ontario to win. Most viewers. Hmmm.

"Is it possible"

I think the Templars were the first curlers when they took that crusade treasure to Scotland, before burying it on Oak Island.

Discuss.

02-29-20 09:49PM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLER1
Drawmaster

I sure like how the McEwen Team is playing as a team. Letting Mike make the final choice.

Best I have seem them look, interract and play.

Of course most teams are like that when they are winning - but they just look so much better overall.

02-29-20 09:59PM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by IN-OFF-FOR-2
I also wondered why no overhead replay. We've seen it a 100 times. Stop the clock , go back to the overhead to see where the rocks were. Too many people asleep at the wheel.? A conspiracy theorist might suggest tsn wants ANY team from Ontario to win. Most viewers. Hmmm.

"Is it possible"

I think the Templars were the first curlers when they took that crusade treasure to Scotland, before burying it on Oak Island.

Discuss.

Has Dapper Dan Carey infiltrated the officials group? lol

02-29-20 11:14PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by IN-OFF-FOR-2

"Is it possible"

Discuss.

Where was the on ice observer but they are not allowed to speak unless spoken to.

02-29-20 11:35PM
fresca
Super Rockchucker

Everyone knew what happened but no one did anything

Brad shud have said to brendan - put it where you thought it was

Brendan did say it was beating the ontario rock and brad acknowledged he must have kicked it hardb

03-01-20 05:44AM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

The on ice Observer was there with his useless magnet board. Brad did tell Brendan to put it back where he wanted. Still, how hard is it to bring up an overhead replay shot that's been done 100's of times before. Especially when he was asking out loud 2-3 times for it. Hindsight he should have refused to continue until they showed the replay.

03-01-20 07:55AM
dks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dks Click here to Send dks a Private Message Find more posts by dks Add dks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dks
Hitting Paint

We don’t have instant replay in curling. One game cannot have an advantage in replays over other games. This is not request a replay whenever you want. Teams are responsible for placing the rock where they deem it to be. That’s the rules. AB could have placed the rock where they wanted.

03-01-20 09:01AM
fresca
Super Rockchucker

Watched seventh end again. At 2 am

Alberta rock was moved a bit be brads heal but the n ont rock at top of 8’ was closer

Not much an observer can do with his chart under these circumstances - no way his magnets can show inches

Im guessing the announcers have been told to not get involved and tsn isnt allowed to bring up a replay — this has happened before - not a big deal imho

Thou karma kicked in big time the next 1/2 hr

Rsn owns cz so no surprise when tsn broadcasting now that games to left are last nights .. not classy - this mornings games might not take long

Last edited by fresca on 03-01-20 at 09:06AM

03-01-20 09:05AM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

Appears Manitoba really needed the McEwen wildcard entry as Gunnlaugson looked a bit overwrought in his opening loss to Gushue.

Concerned now for Air-Gunner that he may not make the first cut of 8 teams. How tragic for Manitoba curling. Yet Air-Gunner beat McEwen fair 'n square, Manitoba a bit thin in super teams as there's not much beyond strong bonspielers behind McEwen & Gunner.

Who knows? Gunner may rise up off the floor of his 1st round TKO at the hands of the usual slow-starting Gushue.

But I fear not. Too many top level squads in Kingston.
Koe, Goo, Mikey, Jacobs, Botch, Dunstone, Epping, etc. Not much space for Air-Gunner to squeeze into. He'll have to beat off all the fawns in his group to advance, maybe even win one big one vs. a monster.

03-01-20 09:11AM
fresca
Super Rockchucker

Dunstone has to make a triple in first to give nb 2

Wake up matt !

03-01-20 09:14AM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

The official actually took the magnet board from the observer. looked at it and handed it back.
Gunner and Dunstone are both one trick ponies. Never learned the finesse part of curling and not much about strategy either.

03-01-20 09:20AM
fresca
Super Rockchucker

Brian cochrane pei hits the pimple to cut n ont out of 3 - nice pressure shot

Dunstones. First in second scores a goal - misses 2 nb rocks by 6” perfectly - ugh

Last shot just as bad

Curios nb lying 3 and matt hits one and jams nb for a steal

Stats man gives matt how many percentage points ?

3of 5?
4 no
5 n0

Im thinking 1

Last edited by fresca on 03-01-20 at 09:29AM