Stroeder Final
Delorey (7)
M: NWTCA Curling Club Championships
Fort Smith, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 3 -- Sat, Mar 23 -- 1:00pm ET
Delorey Final
Lockhart (EE)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > Curling Canada Aims To Hold Series Of Events In Hub City

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 6 of 7 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
01-31-21 07:45PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
They'll prolly saw it off with a 10-day quarantine.

Question: Who pays the hotel & extra food bills for the extra days required to quarantine?

In normal circumstances Brier teams start arriving 3 to 4 days prior to official start of Brier.

Pretty much the same with Scotties.

from what i understand the teams will be paying out of their own pocket

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

01-31-21 09:09PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by nelski
ON's Scott McDonald will skip Team NB as Murphy is unable to go to the bubble.

NS

01-31-21 11:10PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

Jessy J on line 2. It's all about the money money money. Lives? They signed the waiver. Crazy. Just put your arms in the air and say "Hey, take a year off without exposing or killing somebody"

Curling Canada trying to keep tv sponsors money at the expense of the teams that have to isolate for a month.

That's a month with RESPONSIBLE provinces.....

Oh, and some guy from ON joining NS. At least it's 3 out of 4, unlike many Scotties and Brier teams.

Last edited by IN-OFF-FOR-2 on 01-31-21 at 11:20PM

02-01-21 11:54AM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by IN-OFF-FOR-2
Jessy J on line 2. It's all about the money money money. Lives? They signed the waiver. Crazy. Just put your arms in the air and say "Hey, take a year off without exposing or killing somebody"

Curling Canada trying to keep tv sponsors money at the expense of the teams that have to isolate for a month.

That's a month with RESPONSIBLE provinces.....

Oh, and some guy from ON joining NS. At least it's 3 out of 4, unlike many Scotties and Brier teams.

And team Fleury has Chelsea Carey skipping as Tracy’s daughter has some health issues. But no Dan Carey coaching...Sherri Middaugh (an ML favourite) stays on as coach.

02-01-21 12:08PM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLER1
Super Rockchucker

great article on Carey/Fleury

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/olympics/...tties-1.5895999

02-01-21 03:19PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

It'll be interesting to see how that team does. They haven't curled together in a season long team before but they aren't strangers. If the chemistry is good that team is a legit contender. The only question is is Chelsea actually skipped them to a win then what happens next year at the scotties. Does Tracy just take over and Chelsea gets left out

02-01-21 04:54PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

Did Daddy Carey open his wallet?

02-01-21 05:59PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by decade
Did Daddy Carey open his wallet?

Good point! But so far he’s not coaching...

02-02-21 10:03AM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

Is taking a shot at carey really necessary

02-02-21 12:44PM
Observer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Observer Find more posts by Observer Add Observer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Observer
Swing Artist

scheduling?

Has there been any information about how the scheduling of the matches is going to be laid out?

Given that there are more teams, I wonder if they'll try to squeeze in four games per day rather than three.

I also wonder what the times of the matches will be during the day. Since there will be no in-person audience, they could really tailor it all just for TV. Despite it taking place in the Mountain Time Zone, they could perhaps cater it for the largest TV audience instead and put the match starts on a more Eastern schedule.
They could also perhaps stagger the matches throughout the day, rather than have a "draw" where everyone starts at the same clock time, as again, there will be no in-person spectators.

02-02-21 12:57PM
hogged again is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hogged again Find more posts by hogged again Add hogged again to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hogged again
Drawmaster

Re: scheduling?

quote:
Originally posted by Observer
I also wonder what the times of the matches will be during the day. Since there will be no in-person audience, they could really tailor it all just for TV. Despite it taking place in the Mountain Time Zone, they could perhaps cater it for the largest TV audience instead and put the match starts on a more Eastern schedule.

The East may have a larger TV audience and it makes sense for Sportsnet to cater to that in hockey as they have with games in Edm and Van vs TO and Mtl starting at 6 with the Wpg game moving late but I'm guessing that the larger TV audience for curling is in the west. Just a guess though, I could be wrong but all those ads for seeds and weed control aren't aimed at people in Toronto. Anyone out there have the regional numbers for curling viewership?

Last edited by hogged again on 02-02-21 at 01:01PM

02-02-21 01:35PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

Schedule

https://www.curling.ca/2021scotties/draw/

I too thought they may go with 4 draws a day but this shows 3.

Also, is it just me or do the pools look to be a bit lopsided.

Last edited by IN-OFF-FOR-2 on 02-02-21 at 01:38PM

02-02-21 03:19PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

The groups are once again unbalanced but it isnt really Curling Canadas fault. Seeding of provinces is based off last years finish

02-02-21 04:25PM
UnattachedFC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for UnattachedFC Click here to Send UnattachedFC a Private Message Find more posts by UnattachedFC Add UnattachedFC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UnattachedFC
Swing Artist

I don't see pools as unbalanced though. It's literally a snake draw off CTRS from last year. People underestimate Birt, but she's usually held her own when playing in bonspiels outside of the Maritimes.

So if they do the same for the Brier, the groups will look like this.

Jacobs Bottcher, McEwen Gunnlaugson Howard Laycock Grattan

Epping Gushue Koe Dunstone Murphy/McDonald Fournier Smith

Remaining: MacKenzie Skauge Mackey Mikkelsen. (I haven't put them in because they are either new teams that don't have 3 remaining players or teams that had no CTRS points)

02-02-21 04:50PM
Qtownranger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Qtownranger Find more posts by Qtownranger Add Qtownranger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Qtownranger
Harvey Hacksmasher

Scotties Pool A looks to be the tougher with Einarson, Homan, Walker and the much-hyped Zacharias.

Top of B Pool is Carey, JJ, Brown, Anderson and Birt; all good teams but not as strong.

In the end to win you have to beat everybody, so pool strength may not matter much. I'll take Team Homan.

02-02-21 07:17PM
UnattachedFC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for UnattachedFC Click here to Send UnattachedFC a Private Message Find more posts by UnattachedFC Add UnattachedFC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UnattachedFC
Swing Artist

Not saying that they can't play, but I haven't seen Zacharias beating those top Scotties teams. Birt has done that though. I agree that Zacharias is a team to watch, but they just haven't played that many games against the top teams in this country for people to think that they're better right now than Birt. It might be true in 2 years, but as of now, I'd take Birt over Zacharias.

02-02-21 10:17PM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

Danielle Inglis 5th for Homan

Also - Beijing 2022 starts in 365 days. Gulp.

Last edited by nelski on 02-02-21 at 10:20PM

02-03-21 07:33AM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

top 4 advancing out of each pool

out of pool A i have these 4:

Canada
Ontario
Northwest Territories
Alberta

Darkhorse: Zacharias

Out of pool B i have these 4:

Wild Card
Manitoba
Prince Edward island
British Colombia

Darkhorse: Saskatchewan

I also think Quebec could be one to watch. Much like Zacharias they could be dangerous if nerves aren't an issue. they could even surprise and be one of the top 4

02-03-21 12:03PM
hogged again is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hogged again Find more posts by hogged again Add hogged again to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hogged again
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by misty1
top 4 advancing out of each pool

out of pool A i have these 4:

Canada
Ontario
Northwest Territories
Alberta

Darkhorse: Zacharias

You would think that as last year's finalists and probably the top 2 seeds in most minds that CC would've put Einarson and Homan in opposite pools. Doesn't matter a whole lot as every top team will play each other.
You have more faith in NWT than I do. I like Galusha but she is like brother Jaime, perennial entrants who will get one upset and lose a bunch of close ones.

02-03-21 12:13PM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLER1
Super Rockchucker

TSN broadcast is out for draws/times.

https://www.tsn.ca/2019-20-curling-...hedule-1.593081

02-03-21 01:01PM
hogged again
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by CURLER1
TSN broadcast is out for draws/times.

https://www.tsn.ca/2019-20-curling-...hedule-1.593081

Not much room for tiebreakers. I guess they are just hoping that only 2 teams tie for a spot which is generally the case but if 3 tie it could be a mess.

02-03-21 03:30PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by hogged again

You would think that as last year's finalists and probably the top 2 seeds in most minds that CC would've put Einarson and Homan in opposite pools. Doesn't matter a whole lot as every top team will play each other.
You have more faith in NWT than I do. I like Galusha but she is like brother Jaime, perennial entrants who will get one upset and lose a bunch of close ones.

Yeah I'm not quite sure how that happened because I thought placement in pools was based off last years finish. So 1, 3 5 etc would be on 1 pool and 2,4,6 etc would be in another

How NWT does will, as always depend mostly on Kerry. If she gets her confidence early outside canada and Ontario there isn't a team in that pool they can't beat.

02-04-21 12:29PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

Glenn can still beat anybody when he's on his game. The question is he can win those games back to back. I'm not sure but the playoff format here certainly helps.vhe only would have to worry about 2 of them

Brier is a lot harder to predict. I'm going with gushue, bottcher and Jacob's as the final 3 but any one of Epping koe, Dunstone, howard or McEwen could slip in too

I personally hope I'm wrong. I want to see someone new 8n the final so ill be pulling for Epping, or Dunstone . Jacob's has only been there once so he wouldn't be bad either

02-04-21 12:30PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

Glenn can still beat anybody when he's on his game. The question is he can win those games back to back. I'm not sure but the playoff format here certainly helps.vhe only would have to worry about 2 of them

Brier is a lot harder to predict. I'm going with gushue, bottcher and Jacob's as the final 3 but any one of Epping koe, Dunstone, howard or McEwen could slip in too

I personally hope I'm wrong. I want to see someone new 8n the final so ill be pulling for Epping, mcewen or Dunstone . Jacob's has only been there once so he wouldn't be bad either

02-04-21 05:02PM
biterbar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for biterbar Click here to Send biterbar a Private Message Find more posts by biterbar Add biterbar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
biterbar
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
Suh-prize, Suh-Prize . . . ! ! !

Especially at a GUSHUE-FREE BRIER . . . ! ! !

When is this Gushue-Free Brier happening?