Spain  
Italy  
Turkiye  
Estonia  
Switzerland  
France  
Norway  
Japan  
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 4 of 6 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
02-02-20 06:49PM
MeaghanEdwards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MeaghanEdwards Find more posts by MeaghanEdwards Add MeaghanEdwards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MeaghanEdwards
Drawmaster

Is it just me or is there some tension on Team Jones? Maybe some nerves for it being such a big game.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

02-02-20 07:01PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

Both teams. Einarson with the F -bomb. Get out your cheque book

02-02-20 07:03PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
Both Jones & Einarson teams showing a multitude of blotches, warts, mental errors, lack of coaching.

In the end - Jones thrives, even in light of her deterioration when other skips deteriorate more.
Exhibit A: Kerri Einarson, Victim!

i think you;re right. they know they have a 2nd shot but for jen she's been at every scotties since 2008. the one exception being 2014. there's got to be tnesion . the idea they might not get there is weird to them im sure. the 22nd chance wont be easy. rather get in now

02-02-20 07:17PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

cotter wins BC. i was really hoping Tardi would get through and id get to see him at the brier. i know he will get there eventually but with him there was the question and exitement of how would he handle his first brier

you kniow what you'll get with cotter at this point

Last edited by misty1 on 02-02-20 at 07:26PM

02-02-20 07:26PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by fresca
U r the unhappiest person on here

im not unhappy . what part of my post was unhappy. i simply stated i was hoping for tardi to win. what is wrong with that

overall i might be a little unhappy witht he results so far so maybe i am but i enjoy , like i said seeing new faces break through and , for me things are getting a little stale seeing the same names get through all the time

i have no ill will to any o the teams

02-02-20 07:49PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

rom what i heard rachel didnt exactly light it up in the ontario playdowns either. lets be honest. rachel will be the favorite but manitoba, wild card, canada, saskatchewan, and northern ontario (if mccarville gets through) will all have a shot . BC is the wild card. if they dont let the occasion get to them they could do real damage

02-02-20 07:55PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

Einarson wins Manitoba. that steal of 3 was just to big for jen to come back from

02-02-20 08:00PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

I'll admit I was hopping back and forth to the Superbowl but I don't recall either team making 2 or 3 shots in a row. All game. Last make wins or last miss loses

02-02-20 10:27PM
hogged again is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hogged again Find more posts by hogged again Add hogged again to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hogged again
Drawmaster

Starring: Gushue, Grattan, Jacobs, Epping, Dunstone, Koe, Koe, Cotter, Curtis, Crawford, Birt, Arsenault, Homan, McCarville, Einarson, Silvernagle, Galusha and Carey.
Got the feeling I've seen this movie before. It's good but getting stale.

Last edited by hogged again on 02-02-20 at 10:31PM

02-02-20 10:45PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by hogged again
Starring: Gushue, Grattan, Jacobs, Epping, Dunstone, Koe, Koe, Cotter, Curtis, Crawford, Birt, Arsenault, Homan, McCarville, Einarson, Silvernagle, Galusha and Carey.
Got the feeling I've seen this movie before. It's good but getting stale.

i dont mind silvernagle, epping and dunstone being there again because they've only been there 2 or 3 times. but yeah, everyone else has been there about 10 times already and gushue ,jacobs and jamie koe will continue to get there until the day they retire it feels like.

i just hope it doesnt translate to the same teams battling it out at the end of the week at the scotties and brier

still got manitoba and alberta to come and hope for something unexpected to happen

02-02-20 10:54PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

if bottcher and mcewen win alberta and manitoba respectively i just dont knew who would even be in the wild card game. id imagine howard. probably muyres as the 2nd team but id be guessing

02-02-20 11:06PM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

Congrats Team Einarson. Nice win. Keep up the good work. Hope to see you go all the way to the finals against Team Homan.

02-03-20 12:40AM
Bulls Eye is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bulls Eye Find more posts by Bulls Eye Add Bulls Eye to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bulls Eye
Harvey Hacksmasher

It would be Jason Gunnlagson and Tanner Horgan as they are next highest on the CTRS

02-03-20 11:03AM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

I checked and it looks to me like , if mcruthers win manitoba then the play in game would be howard and gunnlaugson. Howard is ahead of horgan in the ytd standings. So are Muyers and McDonald.

02-03-20 11:05AM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
McRuthers (Manitoba) are a strange group.

A so-called Canadian super-team that should dominate at the provincials but once at the Brier a rather meek & listless group capable of battling for a 3rd or 4th place ticket, before being put down.

Don't know if there's anyone good enough to topple McEwen in Manitoba - double that for Bottcher out of Alberta.

Bottcher has slumped miserably of late - but when he's right he's far more capable of toppling Goo, Jacobs, Koe, for the Brier title!

Think both horgan and gunnlaugson are good enough to take down mcruthers and maybe calvert .

Boettcher is a safer in Alberta than mcewen is in manitoba

02-03-20 04:48PM
curlingclips is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlingclips Find more posts by curlingclips Add curlingclips to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlingclips
Super Rockchucker

I don't know anything about Ted Appelman, but didn't he came really close to winning Alberta last year? He was up 1 without hammer in 9th, and gave up a 5-ender to Koe (video).

I haven't seen this game, so I don't really know what happened, but had Appelman been able to force Koe to 1 in 9th, he'd be tied with hammer in 10th with all the odds in his favor.

02-03-20 05:49PM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by misty1 Think both horgan and gunnlaugson are good enough to take down mcruthers and maybe calvert. Boettcher is a safer in Alberta than mcewen is in manitoba

I concur Misty. Horgan is on a serious venture, with a long-term plan. Calvert seems to be more provincial in view, after his World success in Juniors, but usually qualifies. Gunner tended to have a moody crew, but Casey wants it badly and Njegovan is always a steady element. Gauthier is in the mix, hot off the Juniors and worlds, as is Walter. Neither of these young teams will be pushovers. Fearless, methinks. But everyone only has two measly legs for this dance, so it is unforgiving. A couple of upsets and we could see McRuthers in trouble. See you there!

02-03-20 06:22PM
Bulls Eye is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bulls Eye Find more posts by Bulls Eye Add Bulls Eye to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bulls Eye
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by misty1
I checked and it looks to me like , if mcruthers win manitoba then the play in game would be howard and gunnlaugson. Howard is ahead of horgan in the ytd standings. So are Muyers and McDonald.

With the runner up finish in Ontario, Howard moves ahead of Horgan. Does anyone know when the cutoff is for the wildcard?

02-03-20 06:47PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

No wonder Howard didn’t look too worried after his loss...he’ll be praying for Bottcher in AB and either McEwan or Gunner in MB

02-03-20 09:15PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by nelski

I concur Misty. Horgan is on a serious venture, with a long-term plan. Calvert seems to be more provincial in view, after his World success in Juniors, but usually qualifies. Gunner tended to have a moody crew, but Casey wants it badly and Njegovan is always a steady element. Gauthier is in the mix, hot off the Juniors and worlds, as is Walter. Neither of these young teams will be pushovers. Fearless, methinks. But everyone only has two measly legs for this dance, so it is unforgiving. A couple of upsets and we could see McRuthers in trouble. See you there!

yep. and you cant rule out lyburn either. he might not be the best performer on tour but you cant ever count hi out at provincials. he's usually there in the 2nd stage and never goes down easy

without question manitoba is the deepest and hardest province to get out of at this point

02-04-20 04:57PM
Sean is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sean Find more posts by Sean Add Sean to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sean
Administrator

Isn't there a cut-off date for the CTRS Standings when evaluating who is playing in the WC Game?

02-04-20 07:25PM
Bulls Eye
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by Sean
Isn't there a cut-off date for the CTRS Standings when evaluating who is playing in the WC Game?

It may be after all the provincials are concluded. Fleury and Jones were announced after this past weekend. If that is the case, then it will be after Alberta and Manitoba are decided. No details on Curling Canada's website; in fact they don't even mention the wild card route to the Canadian championship.

02-04-20 09:40PM
Observer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Observer Find more posts by Observer Add Observer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Observer
Swing Artist

I don’t think there are any more events they could earn more points in before the Brier happens anyway, apart from these remaining provincials,

02-04-20 09:59PM
UnattachedFC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for UnattachedFC Click here to Send UnattachedFC a Private Message Find more posts by UnattachedFC Add UnattachedFC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UnattachedFC
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Bulls Eye

It may be after all the provincials are concluded. Fleury and Jones were announced after this past weekend. If that is the case, then it will be after Alberta and Manitoba are decided. No details on Curling Canada's website; in fact they don't even mention the wild card route to the Canadian championship.

It's mainly because we know. I know that points can be gotten. I can't remember what year, but I think that there was a team that needed Brad Jacobs to win Northern Ontario even though Jacobs was behind that team because they had a poor provincial. (It might have been Gunnlaugson, but I'm not sure.

On the men's, it might take more time because we have 6 teams that still have a shot at the wild card. I'm waiting until I see the Mantioba SFM to know what Horgan and Calvert would need to pass Howard in case Bottcher and Gunnlaugson/McEwen win their own province.

02-05-20 08:52AM
Beermaker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Beermaker Click here to Send Beermaker a Private Message Find more posts by Beermaker Add Beermaker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Beermaker
Drawmaster

And no live-streaming, what a bunch of nitwits running curling in Manitoba, Good Lord, get into the media frenzy surrounding curling, you are certainly showing your colours in this case. Maybe set up a "go fund me" if your organization cannot afford the fees.