Stroeder Final
Delorey (7)
M: NWTCA Curling Club Championships
Fort Smith, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 3 -- Sat, Mar 23 -- 1:00pm ET
Delorey Final
Lockhart (EE)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 4 of 20 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
03-13-20 09:18AM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

Sarah Wilkes just announced she is leaving Team Carey...the plot thickens.

Sarah was born in Ontario

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

03-13-20 09:50AM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by curlerbroad
Sarah Wilkes just announced she is leaving Team Carey...the plot thickens.

Sarah was born in Ontario

Replacing Lisa with Sarah would be a step down for team Homan. No comparison between the two.

03-13-20 11:02AM
Frost is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Frost Find more posts by Frost Add Frost to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Frost
Knee-Slider

I like Team Homan and I'm really sorry that Lisa will no longer be part of it. It's a great loss to the team whatever the reason. Posters seem to be jumping to conclusions because they either don't like the team or they don't like Rachel which I really don't get - because she doesn't smile a lot? Really? Do you ask the men's teams to smile? The double standard is alive and well. Is it because she invited Joanne to play with them when Alison left? Well my comment is, there has been only one Homan change in the last 10+ years. That implies a very loyal person not only in view of her long association with her current team mates, but also the Kreviasuk sisters and with former teammates like Laura Crocker Walker.

I saw Rachel and Lisa together at the Briar last Wednesday, so whatever took place has probably been in the works for awhile and the team is at peace with it or they wouldn't have been there together. That's the only conclusion I'm leaping to, but I wish Lisa all the best in whatever her future holds and the same for Team Homan.

Last edited by Frost on 03-13-20 at 11:09AM

03-13-20 04:11PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

I wonder..could we see a carey and toque partnership. Kelsey to play third for chelsea

03-13-20 05:04PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

Always fun to speculate. What if weagle and Wilkes put a team from Ontario together? One more resident or born ON and an import.

03-13-20 05:25PM
c_anabranch is offline Click Here to See the Profile for c_anabranch Find more posts by c_anabranch Add c_anabranch to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
c_anabranch
Harvey Hacksmasher

The team that Homan beat in the 2020 Ontario Scotties final, Team Hollie Duncan, has lost their skip.

Per twitter, 'Team Duncan wishes to thank our sponsors, friends, and family for their support over the last 2 years. Next season Hollie has decided to step away from the team to pursue new opportunities. We wish her all the best. Laura, Cheryl, and Karen are exploring opportunities.'

03-13-20 05:36PM
curlingclips is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlingclips Find more posts by curlingclips Add curlingclips to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlingclips
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by misty1
I wonder..could we see a carey and toque partnership. Kelsey to play third for chelsea

In the delightful Stone & Straw podcast interview, Chelsea says that age gap and philosophical differences are some of the reasons why her 2014-2015 teammates (Jen Gates, Taylor MacDonald, Laura Walker) dropped her after just one season.

https://stoneandstraw.libsyn.com/s01e02-chelsea-carey @ 38m20s re: team changes

That team then picked Kelsey to be their skip, and they stayed together for 3 seasons.

Game philosophies do evolve, and age gap may matter less the older you are, but still, I don't think it's very likely for Chelsea to play with Kelsey given this backstory.

Last edited by curlingclips on 03-13-20 at 05:46PM

03-13-20 05:51PM
Deliverer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deliverer Click here to Send Deliverer a Private Message Find more posts by Deliverer Add Deliverer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deliverer
Swing Artist

"There is NO way whomever they get to replace her ( Weagle ) will have 1/10th her resume." In -Off

Ah, but there is !

Why is it that nobody but nobody has yet to suggest the possibility that Lisa's replacement may be Joanne Courtney ?

Stay tuned.

03-13-20 06:06PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

Aaah. With Wilkes playing 2nd

03-13-20 06:11PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
I'm a sucker for a good story so if Rachel somehow abandoned her Ontario auto-berth and set up shop in Alberta I'd love to see Lisa pick up some good curlers and either call the game and throw 3rd or lead stones - perhaps with a strong curler like Sarah Wilkes returning to Ontario.

If Rachel moves and with Hollie Duncan stepping away, the Ontario auto-berth would be up for grabs.

Love to see Lisa make her way back to the STOH as a named skip of the Ontario team. Can u imagine the cheers she'd get for her courage?

the only other name that pops into my head is kate cameron

03-13-20 07:47PM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLER1
Super Rockchucker

Weagle shocked, her reply:

https://www.dawsoncreekmirror.ca/we...kEvhTbgMCx-v_h4

03-13-20 08:19PM
UnattachedFC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for UnattachedFC Click here to Send UnattachedFC a Private Message Find more posts by UnattachedFC Add UnattachedFC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UnattachedFC
Swing Artist

Jamie Sinclair is a free agent. Looks like Cory Christensen will skip her former team.

https://twitter.com/jamiesinclair21...616485758742528

Last edited by UnattachedFC on 03-13-20 at 08:27PM

03-13-20 08:21PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by CURLER1
Weagle shocked, her reply:

https://www.dawsoncreekmirror.ca/we...kEvhTbgMCx-v_h4

Took the high road as expected. Very polite and tactful way of saying I was blind sided. I do hope she lands on another great team.

03-13-20 08:32PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by UnattachedFC
Jamie Sinclair is a free agent. Looks like Cory Christensen will skip her former team.

Move back to ON and skip with weagle. 2 year waiting period will be up by next Olympics

03-13-20 08:35PM
curlingclips is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlingclips Find more posts by curlingclips Add curlingclips to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlingclips
Super Rockchucker

quote:

Sinclair represented USA in 2019 Women's World, so she won't be eligible to represent another country until some years (I think 3) have passed.

She was in a similar situation when she first made the move to USA. She had won the 2014 CIS/CCA, and was eligible to represent Canada in 2015 Universiade, but that would've disqualified her from representing USA in the 2018 Olympics.

Last edited by curlingclips on 03-13-20 at 08:38PM

03-13-20 09:00PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by curlingclips

Sinclair represented USA in 2019 Women's World, so she won't be eligible to represent another country until some years (I think 3) have passed.

She was in a similar situation when she first made the move to USA. She had won the 2014 CIS/CCA, and was eligible to represent Canada in 2015 Universiade, but that would've disqualified her from representing USA in the 2018 Olympics.

If it is 3 years that too bad really. I thought it was 2. Never wrong....Just mistaken!

03-13-20 09:12PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:

to be honest i was surprised when christensen linked up with sinclair.

will be intersting where jamie goes. i imagine she'll be a highly saught after agent in america.

she should be able to land on her feet

03-13-20 09:27PM
curlingclips
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by IN-OFF-FOR-2

If it is 3 years that too bad really. I thought it was 2. Never wrong....Just mistaken!

Olympic Charter rule 41
http://stillmed.olympic.org/Documen..._charter_en.pdf

quote:
A competitor who has represented one country in the Olympic Games, in continental
or regional games or in world or regional championships recognised by the relevant
IF, and who has changed his nationality or acquired a new nationality, may participate
in the Olympic Games to represent his new country provided that at least three years
have passed
since the competitor last represented his former country. This period may
be reduced or even cancelled, with the agreement of the NOCs and IF concerned, by
the IOC Executive Board, which takes into account the circumstances of each case.

The 2 years number you're thinking of is probably coming from the Curling Canada residency rules.

https://www.curling.ca/team-canada/...gibility-rules/

quote:
An athlete in competition for the Tournament of Hearts or Brier:
3) Must not have competed for any other country in any World Curling Federation competition (at any level) the previous two curling seasons (a curling season is determined as September 1 to May 31).

03-13-20 10:06PM
Observer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Observer Find more posts by Observer Add Observer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Observer
Swing Artist

Jamie Sinclair

It looks as if Jamie Sinclair would be one month short of the three years elapsing in time for the 2022 Olympics (assuming those go ahead as presently scheduled).

There might be some wiggle room, though, with that extra language that indicates that the time could be reduced if the two nations and the IOC were all agreed on it. I should think that's possible in this circumstance, since a) we're only talking about one month and b) she's been a dual citizen of both nations all her life. That rule seems aimed at slowing down free-agent-type nation-hopping by athletes who may only have a tenuous connection to the nation they're moving to. Sinclair's roots in both countries go deeper than that.

03-13-20 10:08PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

Thanks. It's like Jr high when all these teams make changes. Who what why? I know teams change every year, but first hand know it's hard when you're the odd wo/man out.

Good luck to all. But best luck to Weagle.

Hope she comes back like Cathy O to beat her nemesis. Crowds went WILD in Charlottetown.... Especially when Holland won.

03-13-20 10:19PM
Saskvet is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Saskvet Find more posts by Saskvet Add Saskvet to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Saskvet
Hitting Paint

I have been reluctant to comment on this situation with Lisa Weagle in respect for her.
Now that she has replied, I think it is proper to do so.
Lisa Weagle has shown that she is nothing short of being both an excellent curler and a lady full of class
She has been over the years the one "non mean girl" on this team.
Her look of disgust over the Olympic incident is burned in my memory.
I have no idea what will happen with the Homan team going forward, but like Rhrett Butler would say. "Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn"

03-13-20 10:29PM
curlingclips
Super Rockchucker

Re: Jamie Sinclair

quote:
Originally posted by Observer
It looks as if Jamie Sinclair would be one month short of the three years [...]
There might be some wiggle room, though, [...]

Jamie Sinclair made the decisions that she did to join the HPC program in USA to try to get to the Olympics. You'd think she'd go back to Canada, where it's hardest to get to the Olympics, just because she has to rebuild her team from scratch?

As long as she and the HPC get along (and they do as far as we know), she'll rebuild her team in no time and will have the best chance of achieving her Olympic dream out of USA.

03-13-20 11:27PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

Don't forget Arsenault, moving to BC. Import to ANY province. An
All wise, All knowing. She'd be great for young great team looking for guidance.

03-14-20 12:16AM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

I do not know the inside lives of the people on Team Homan, but I thought Courtney came from AB, Homan is IN AB now, so Miskew could be the import and another AB player could round that out. Maybe it is just a location thing. Has that been discussed? Is it odd?

03-14-20 12:37AM
MeaghanEdwards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MeaghanEdwards Find more posts by MeaghanEdwards Add MeaghanEdwards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MeaghanEdwards
Drawmaster

The first men's shakeup?

Horgan Curling
1 hr ·
**Team Update**

Tanner Lott will be taking a step back from competitive curling next season to focus on starting a family. We wish him all the best as he and his girlfriend are expecting this summer.

Tanner Horgan, Colton and Kyle will continue on together next season. More updates regarding the new team lineup will come at a later date!