Stroeder Final
Delorey (7)
M: NWTCA Curling Club Championships
Fort Smith, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 3 -- Sat, Mar 23 -- 1:00pm ET
Delorey Final
Lockhart (EE)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 1 of 9 -- Go to: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
02-27-21 06:33PM
shirleyc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shirleyc Click here to Send shirleyc a Private Message Find more posts by shirleyc Add shirleyc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shirleyc
Harvey Hacksmasher

Brier

Glen Howard broke several ribs in a snowmobile accident. May hamper his Brier playing.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

02-27-21 10:22PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

That's why Wayne Middaugh is fifth, if not skip to replace him. I think they'll have a good chance to make past the first round, and if Wayne gets on a roll, might make it final 3. Wayne is one of the best shooters ever.

02-28-21 02:03AM
alex is offline Click Here to See the Profile for alex Click here to Send alex a Private Message Find more posts by alex Add alex to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
alex
Swing Artist

I didn't think Middaugh's leg injury lets him throw rocks properly.

03-01-21 05:54PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

Anyone know when the Brier pool will be open for picks. Still shows last year's end results.

03-01-21 06:12PM
shirleyc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shirleyc Click here to Send shirleyc a Private Message Find more posts by shirleyc Add shirleyc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shirleyc
Harvey Hacksmasher

Brier

The Pick em contest for the Briar is open now. I really enjoyed doing the Scotties and will do the Briar as well.

03-01-21 07:37PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

Sorry, not the Pick'em from CC but the fantasy pool with salary cap here on CZ. Still can't pick the team yet, stuck in last year's results.

03-01-21 08:44PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

Re: Brier

quote:
Originally posted by shirleyc
The Pick em contest for the Briar is open now. I really enjoyed doing the Scotties and will do the Briar as well.

Brier not Briar.

03-04-21 10:48AM
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

The pool is up.

03-04-21 03:45PM
c_anabranch is offline Click Here to See the Profile for c_anabranch Find more posts by c_anabranch Add c_anabranch to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
c_anabranch
Harvey Hacksmasher

Re: Re: Brier

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend

Nah - the Howards are like Gumbys; they always bounce back. Couple of T3s prior to each game and Old Glenny will be The Ultimate Gamer!

Unless there is a dramatic improvement the plan is that Wayne will skip the team throughout.

https://www.si.com/curling/news/way...ck-in-the-brier

https://www.tsn.ca/video/middaugh-s...lottery~2152962

03-04-21 06:12PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

Team Canada Uniform.

Team Gushue posted a pic with Team Canada uniforms. Happy to see they weren't butchered with yellow stripes like the ladies. Since when has any team Canada ever had yellow stripes.

Now, for the faded cowboy hat on the front of Gushue's jackets, giddy up. I wonder if all the men's teams will have it.

03-04-21 08:27PM
On The Nose is offline Click Here to See the Profile for On The Nose Find more posts by On The Nose Add On The Nose to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
On The Nose
Drawmaster

Re: Team Canada Uniform.

quote:
Originally posted by IN-OFF-FOR-2
Team Gushue posted a pic with Team Canada uniforms. Happy to see they weren't butchered with yellow stripes like the ladies. Since when has any team Canada ever had yellow stripes.

Now, for the faded cowboy hat on the front of Gushue's jackets, giddy up. I wonder if all the men's teams will have it.

Perhaps the 'yellow' (or gold) was a nod to the Manitoba colours...
Or maybe even a reference to a gold medal...

"It is easy in the world to live after the world's opinion; it is easy in solitude to live after our own... but the great man is he who, in the midst of the crowd, keeps with perfect sweetness the independence of solitude." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

03-04-21 08:46PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

Re: Re: Team Canada Uniform.

quote:
Originally posted by On The Nose

Perhaps the 'yellow' (or gold) was a nod to the Manitoba colours...
Or maybe even a reference to a gold medal...

How about the nod to Northern Ontario's baby poop diaper greenish mess. Horrid. Same as Jones MB yellow was more like pickle juice. I'm old fashioned for sure, but if it ain't broke, don't fix it. The Scotties uniform colours were for the most part horrible. Some stuck to the traditional but Ontario is always red black and white. This year was Tim Horton uniforms from 5-8 years ago. When is ON ever beige? Just my opinion, but just dumb. Scotties and Brier are national traditions. Keep it that way.

03-04-21 08:56PM
hogged again is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hogged again Find more posts by hogged again Add hogged again to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hogged again
Drawmaster

Looking at the 2 pools 2 things stand out.
1.In Pool B you can book Dunstone, Epping, Koe and Gushue into the championship pool right now.
2. In Pool A Yukon and NWT might set a record for most points given up per game.

I'll take Jacobs to win this one. Most teams will be easing into it but NOnt gets out of bed fired up and that will be the difference.

Longshot prediction of the week: Koe and JohnnyMo will discuss their way into a rare run out of time loss.

03-04-21 09:55PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

I just dont care about this as much as i do the scotties. like..i was excited for the scotties to start but i just cant get into this. to the point where i doubt i'll even watch games whereas with the scotties i pvr'd the ones i knew id miss.

maybe if, at the end of the week it looks like we'll have someone unexpected contending in the end like epping , mcewen or dunstone i'll watch but if, as i expect we just end up with another koe/gushue/jacobs configuration in the final i wont even look at it either. even bottcher. 3 years in a row now ive watched him crap the bed early in the final and try and claw his way back but ultimately fail. so im kind of hoping he doesnt end up in the playoffs again

03-04-21 10:17PM
spider is offline Click Here to See the Profile for spider Click here to Send spider a Private Message Find more posts by spider Add spider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
spider
Harvey Hacksmasher

Re: Re: Re: Team Canada Uniform.

quote:
Originally posted by IN-OFF-FOR-2

How about the nod to Northern Ontario's baby poop diaper greenish mess. Horrid. Same as Jones MB yellow was more like pickle juice. I'm old fashioned for sure, but if it ain't broke, don't fix it. The Scotties uniform colours were for the most part horrible. Some stuck to the traditional but Ontario is always red black and white. This year was Tim Horton uniforms from 5-8 years ago. When is ON ever beige? Just my opinion, but just dumb. Scotties and Brier are national traditions. Keep it that way.

Honestly, who really gives a S$#T about what uniforms look like, give me a break. Im in it to watch the curling. Some people complain too much about things they cant control, and trust me, youre not the only one. Enjoy the curling!

03-04-21 11:27PM
spider is offline Click Here to See the Profile for spider Click here to Send spider a Private Message Find more posts by spider Add spider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
spider
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by misty1
I just dont care about this as much as i do the scotties. like..i was excited for the scotties to start but i just cant get into this. to the point where i doubt i'll even watch games whereas with the scotties i pvr'd the ones i knew id miss.

maybe if, at the end of the week it looks like we'll have someone unexpected contending in the end like epping , mcewen or dunstone i'll watch but if, as i expect we just end up with another koe/gushue/jacobs configuration in the final i wont even look at it either. even bottcher. 3 years in a row now ive watched him crap the bed early in the final and try and claw his way back but ultimately fail. so im kind of hoping he doesnt end up in the playoffs again

If you cant get up to watch the Brier then there is not much that we can do for you LoL

Better get used to Bottcher being in Finals of the Brier because he will probably end up in a few, he is 29 and he has been in three already. He and his team have always been great to watch even if they have stumbled against better opponents in their finals appearances.

Koe, Gushue, Jacobs, and Bottcher are the best teams we have in this country and I think we should enjoy these teams while they are still at the peak of their games

03-05-21 06:38AM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by spider

If you cant get up to watch the Brier then there is not much that we can do for you LoL

Lol. thats okay. I dont need or want you to. just stating my opinion on it

ive come to realize that i just enjoy watching the womens and mixed doubles game a lot more

03-05-21 10:07AM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by fresca
Curious misty , are you male , female or other ?

My guess is female

Asking for a friend

No, im a man. I just used my cats name to make my account, which was misty

I know what that would make people think. But I enjoy the womens game more for the drama then anything. There's also almost always a good surprise story at the scotties like with Quebec this year. Also I just find the rivalries that much more interesting on the eomens game. Mens tend to be more one sided

03-05-21 12:39PM
cnpeters is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cnpeters Find more posts by cnpeters Add cnpeters to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cnpeters
Hitting Paint

The perfection of the best teams is really something to behold, but it takes away a bit of the drama, so in that it can feel like the Brier gets a bit scripted, so I get it.

I don't know about you guys but I'm flipping thrilled that Martin Crete is back, even as a third. I miss Menard though... it was nice to have a team coming out of there that may not have had a chance to consistently beat the professional teams after they won way back when, but they absolutely had it in them to beat anyone. Crete wasn't around in '06 of course, but he was there for the Bronze medal game in '14 - and there's something to be said about learning from and playing with someone at that level.

Might have to break out the ol' fleur-de-lis and wear powder blue all week. Well, at least through Thursday. I'll always know when he's playing because it'll sound like Quebec is yelling in the feature game even if they're on the other side of the arena.

03-05-21 02:22PM
Bulls Eye is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bulls Eye Find more posts by Bulls Eye Add Bulls Eye to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bulls Eye
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by misty1

No, im a man. I just used my cats name to make my account, which was misty

I know what that would make people think. But I enjoy the womens game more for the drama then anything. There's also almost always a good surprise story at the scotties like with Quebec this year. Also I just find the rivalries that much more interesting on the eomens game. Mens tend to be more one sided

I concur. I like the balance of the women's game, especially at the international level and as a recreational level curler I find the tactics a bit more relatable. Its for the same reason I enjoy the lpga as much or more than the pga.

03-05-21 09:58PM
hogged again is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hogged again Find more posts by hogged again Add hogged again to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hogged again
Drawmaster

Gee nice highlight package they showed from the Scotties final. Shows Einarson wrecking on a guard and then Homan's last miss.

03-05-21 11:11PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

Back to my pet peeve of scoring %. Gushue's last shot called was hit and score 1 one and go up 4 after 9. Genius scorer gave him 2/4 for making the called shot, otherwise would have been perfect 100% game. Someone take this scorer to task and ask how in the blue blazes is a called shot and made 2/4. Whomever this is, send them home.

#getridof%

#whowon

03-05-21 11:18PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

I take it back, they must have heard me yelling from here.
Someone has since throttled the scorer and changed it to make it right. However, the real question is, why would they ever score it the way they did to begin with?

03-06-21 10:07AM
Observer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Observer Find more posts by Observer Add Observer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Observer
Swing Artist

It could be as simple as the scoring operator hitting the wrong button. It’s a very easy mistake to make. Scoring for sports isn’t like launching a missile where there are authentication codes and two people turning keys simultaneously. Neither do scoring systems even ask “are you are you want to do this?” You need to react faster than safeguards allow, so they’re not usually there in my experience in other spots.

03-06-21 04:28PM
hogged again
Drawmaster

Epping should follow Koe and have front ender holding the broom when he shoots. Laing is basically skipping the team from the far end anyway and Fry is a more powerful sweeper. It would also let Epping just focus on the shot he called instead of having the call questioned when he gets to the hack.