Forums Menu

User: 
Pass:  

Curling Scores

Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > Team Changes - Early Discussion

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 10 of 35 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
12-20-21 11:53PM
curlingclips is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlingclips Find more posts by curlingclips Add curlingclips to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlingclips
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by IN-OFF-FOR-2
You can’t represent more than one member association.

Yes, you can. The rule clearly says a Free Agent can represent their residence province different than the Brier/Scotties playdown they participated in.

Bryan Cochrane in 2020 would've been an interesting test case as well, because he represented PEI at the Brier, but historically has always represented Ontario at Seniors. Unfortunately 2020 was cancelled, but it would've been interesting to figure out how the rule applied in his case.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

12-21-21 12:15AM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

Curlingclips
If you know the rules so well, why do you keep asking?
Once someone gives you an answer, you question them.
Read the rules, interpret them the way you want. If you don’t like them, ask curl Canada to change them.

Or, just watch USA curling.

12-21-21 12:41AM
curlingclips is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlingclips Find more posts by curlingclips Add curlingclips to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlingclips
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by guido
If you know [X] so well, why do you keep asking?

I don't know the [X] in this particular case all that well ([X] = Canada residency rules), but even if [X] is something that I do know well, that won't stop me from asking questions about [X] because that's how I continue to grow and learn.

I've always been open with the fact that I am not a curler, but I am a curling fan, and I'm fascinated by the sport, so I want to learn more, not less. That's why I ask questions.

quote:
Originally posted by guido
just watch USA curling.

That won't help me understand Canada's residency rules, now, won't it?

In case it's not clear, I have absolutely no problem with the way the rules are right now, from how I understand it. I know residency is a hot topic for many Canadians, but I have no dog in this fight. I think it's perfectly fine that the rules allow Team Homan to have 3 curlers residing in Alberta representing Ontario, etc.

Even if they completely dissolve residency requirement for Brier/Scotties, that won't stop me from watching Canadian curling.

Last edited by curlingclips on 12-21-21 at 01:13AM

12-21-21 07:59AM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by curlingclips

I'm not sure if this is 100% true.

WCF does not sanction all the qualifier events to get to Worlds. For example, WCF does not sanction the Brier/Scotties.

Curling Canada does not sanction all the qualifier events to get to the Brier/Scotties. For example, Curling Canada does not sanction Ontario Scotties/Tankard.

Similarly, maybe CurlON does not sanction all the qualifier events to get to the Ontario Scotties/Tankard.

There's a curler, I forgot who (Warren Hansen? Russ Howard?) who exemplified these layers of sanctioning bodies. This curler won the provincial under one set of rules, won the Brier under another set of rules, and then played in World under yet another set of rules. This is still happening now at some nitpicky level, but this was a significant rule that was being discussed (hog line violations? FGZ? I forgot, sorry!), hence its notability for playing under 3 completely different sets of rules in one season.

Yes the qualifier was run by CurlON. Yes they sanction all events leading to their Provincials. If the scores are on their website, then it’s an event run by CurlON.

12-21-21 10:27AM
Marc Bernard is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Marc Bernard Visit Marc Bernard's homepage! Find more posts by Marc Bernard Add Marc Bernard to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Marc Bernard
Hitting Paint

Here are the ways to qualify for the Ontario Tankard:
https://www.curl-on.ca/tankard-rules/

And the fine print...
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UK...Vqw7ciRkqZ/view

And what the heck, since you made it this far, some more light reading:
https://www.curling.ca/team-canada/...-player-policy/

12-21-21 04:46PM
curlingclips
Super Rockchucker

Wow! That CurlON season summary is fascinating! It makes me realize that there's a lot of curling that I've never seen before (e.g. stick), and apparently Battle of the Sexes skins game is part of a regular season in Ontario?

What a great eye-opening read! Thank you!

12-22-21 05:36PM
UnattachedFC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for UnattachedFC Click here to Send UnattachedFC a Private Message Find more posts by UnattachedFC Add UnattachedFC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UnattachedFC
Swing Artist

Darren Moulding just tweeted an eyes emoji with parts of a New Brunswick flag. I think it means something, don't have a clue what though.

12-22-21 05:50PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

He changed his Twitter status from free agent curler to curler. Things that make you say hmmmm

Joining Grattan

Last edited by IN-OFF-FOR-2 on 12-22-21 at 07:16PM

12-22-21 07:15PM
DrB is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DrB Click here to Send DrB a Private Message Find more posts by DrB Add DrB to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DrB
Harvey Hacksmasher

Announced by team Grattan as joining the team at 3rd.

12-22-21 07:29PM
oliviertoisel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for oliviertoisel Find more posts by oliviertoisel Add oliviertoisel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
oliviertoisel
Drawmaster

Well I guess his odds of making the Brier are now pretty good.

12-22-21 07:36PM
shirleyc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shirleyc Click here to Send shirleyc a Private Message Find more posts by shirleyc Add shirleyc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shirleyc
Harvey Hacksmasher

team changes

I think that is a really smart move on Darren Moulding's part. A chance to play in the Brier, go for it and I wish him and the team lots of luck.

12-22-21 08:25PM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

Well, they still have to get out of NB - we will all be paying attention to those games, more than in a usual season. I'm sure there are some challengers.

12-22-21 09:11PM
freezetothehack is offline Click Here to See the Profile for freezetothehack Click here to Send freezetothehack a Private Message Find more posts by freezetothehack Add freezetothehack to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
freezetothehack
Hitting Paint

Darren Moulding Joins Team Gratten

https://www.facebook.com/teamgratta...66998116656379/

12-22-21 09:32PM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLER1
Super Rockchucker

from TSN

https://www.tsn.ca/darren-moulding-...swick-1.1738249

12-22-21 10:29PM
Par89 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Par89 Find more posts by Par89 Add Par89 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Par89
Swing Artist

Best curling news in awhile

12-23-21 08:21AM
oliviertoisel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for oliviertoisel Find more posts by oliviertoisel Add oliviertoisel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
oliviertoisel
Drawmaster

If they really put together a good week at the Brier maybe they can end up in the championship round.

12-23-21 09:15AM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

I hope he qualifies with NB and then in the same pool as Bottcher and play opening night. Must see tv.

12-23-21 05:30PM
MeaghanEdwards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MeaghanEdwards Find more posts by MeaghanEdwards Add MeaghanEdwards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MeaghanEdwards
Drawmaster

Daley Peters (Team Lyburn) is taking a break from the game.

https://www.facebook.com/teamlyburn...16172355135329/

12-23-21 11:05PM
MeaghanEdwards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MeaghanEdwards Find more posts by MeaghanEdwards Add MeaghanEdwards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MeaghanEdwards
Drawmaster

Scott Mcdonald has joined Team Willie Lyburn

https://twitter.com/WFPJasonBell/st...189867416358917

01-08-22 06:52PM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

Tweet by John Cullen:
Well look I know it’s only been an hour but I think we can put Tyler Tardi down as the first name on the “potential Bottcher thirds” list

01-09-22 12:16PM
Hack Weight is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hack Weight Click here to Send Hack Weight a Private Message Find more posts by Hack Weight Add Hack Weight to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hack Weight
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by nelski
Tweet by John Cullen:
Well look I know it’s only been an hour but I think we can put Tyler Tardi down as the first name on the “potential Bottcher thirds” list

I think this makes a lot of sense. A younger, talented player who can grow with the team. Tardi would have to decide whether he’s ready to give up skipping, though not making the BC semi final might make that decision easier as the path to the top level of men’s curling is a lot more difficult for him by staying a skip.

01-09-22 03:59PM
jamcan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jamcan Click here to Send jamcan a Private Message Find more posts by jamcan Add jamcan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jamcan
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Hack Weight

I think this makes a lot of sense. A younger, talented player who can grow with the team. Tardi would have to decide whether he’s ready to give up skipping, though not making the BC semi final might make that decision easier as the path to the top level of men’s curling is a lot more difficult for him by staying a skip.

Don't join Bottcher without a written contract and a look at their team finances first. Learn from Moulding.

I'd also rather see Tardi on the tee and Botcher throwing 3rd stones.

01-09-22 06:45PM
nelski
Super Rockchucker

Flaxey was appointed fifth for Homan. Kelly Scott 5th for Arseneault (latter just taken from a live chat in youtube - not verified elsewhere - so it might've been a sideways comment considering the rest of her team is going).

Last edited by nelski on 01-09-22 at 06:48PM

01-12-22 09:38AM
Deliverer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deliverer Click here to Send Deliverer a Private Message Find more posts by Deliverer Add Deliverer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deliverer
Swing Artist

'Don't join Bottcher without a written contract'... jamcan 01/09/22

Assuming Tardi was asked to join Bottcher @ Co. and Tardi asked you to negotiate a contract on his behalf, what are the key elements you would like to see negotiated and included in that written contract?

01-12-22 11:15AM
oliviertoisel
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by nelski
Flaxey was appointed fifth for Homan. Kelly Scott 5th for Arseneault (latter just taken from a live chat in youtube - not verified elsewhere - so it might've been a sideways comment considering the rest of her team is going).

Kelly Scott and her team skipped by Mary-Anne is like a 2008 Scotties fanfic come to life.