Stroeder Final
Delorey (7)
M: NWTCA Curling Club Championships
Fort Smith, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 3 -- Sat, Mar 23 -- 1:00pm ET
Delorey Final
Lockhart (EE)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 18 of 20 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
03-29-20 11:14PM
MeaghanEdwards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MeaghanEdwards Find more posts by MeaghanEdwards Add MeaghanEdwards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MeaghanEdwards
Drawmaster

Team Fournier has picked up Martin Crête.

Team Fournier
2 hrs ·
Just over a year ago we were baffled by this shot. It stopped us from going to back to back Briers. It still stings to watch.

However, we are thrilled to announce that the guy throwing that shot will be joining us for the next season.

Welcome Martin Crête. Now we are expecting shots like this all the time.

#FeedTheNewHorse

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

03-29-20 11:35PM
cnpeters is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cnpeters Find more posts by cnpeters Add cnpeters to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cnpeters
Hitting Paint

WOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOO!!!

Martin Crete immediately becomes Quebec’s best active curler. I still miss team Menard, the Men’s side answer to McCarville, the best active team not curling for a living.

But if I had a favorite curler, it was the man of 120 decibels, Martin Crete.

I’m working on my flights to Kelonwa from Ohio now, all that has to happen is they win Quebec, and civilization doesn’t collapse.

03-30-20 09:05AM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by MeaghanEdwards
Team Fournier has picked up Martin Crête.

Team Fournier
2 hrs ·
Just over a year ago we were baffled by this shot. It stopped us from going to back to back Briers. It still stings to watch.

However, we are thrilled to announce that the guy throwing that shot will be joining us for the next season.

Welcome Martin Crête. Now we are expecting shots like this all the time.

#FeedTheNewHorse

Where is the link to the shot?

03-30-20 09:30AM
UnattachedFC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for UnattachedFC Click here to Send UnattachedFC a Private Message Find more posts by UnattachedFC Add UnattachedFC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UnattachedFC
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by decade

Where is the link to the shot?

Facebook doesn't link well here.

www.facebook.com/teamfourniercurling/

Félix Asselin will slide down to second.

03-30-20 07:37PM
curlingclips is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlingclips Find more posts by curlingclips Add curlingclips to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlingclips
Super Rockchucker

Here's the link to the video of the shot. I think you'd call this a "angled raise soft tap back for 1".

https://www.facebook.com/philippe.l...155924678576003

FYI I think we should make an effort to link to our internet sources whenever we can, in this thread and just generally speaking,

03-30-20 08:48PM
Skipper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Skipper Click here to Send Skipper a Private Message Find more posts by Skipper Add Skipper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Skipper
Knee-Slider

Great pick up for Team Fournier. Tons of experience and a great personality for their team. Hope they get back to a Brier soon. The young guns now have a formidable challenge in Quebec. Would love to hear Martin's roars at the Brier again. He has to be the biggest 'voice' in Canadian curling today.

03-31-20 11:50AM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

Yes Quebec needs to start sending teams that have a chance...

03-31-20 06:49PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

vincent roberge is a great young prospect and i think once bedard matures he'll be really strong too. quebec's future is bright in my opinion

04-02-20 07:59AM
Saskvet is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Saskvet Find more posts by Saskvet Add Saskvet to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Saskvet
Hitting Paint

https://www.tsn.ca/curler-and-respi...demic-1.1462371
I know this is a little off topic, but this is an excellent piece on Susan O'Conner.
Sure as hell puts things into perspective

04-02-20 10:58AM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by curlerbroad

Yes with the shutdown of sports clubs, a number of clubs which were struggling financially before are on the edge of bankruptcy now. No clubs means fewer curlers...

Yeah, you guys are right. Obviously a much bigger issue here is can curling clubs survive this. Obviously the longer this goes on the bigger the question becomes. If I'm right and this extends into next season and, honestly I dont know how it wont ..the outlook doesnt look good.

Then I start to think about tje survival of the cash circuit and how many events will get cancelled either for a while or for good. Then i think about tje fact that teams rely on sponsors and om.sure there will a lot less available or willing after this.

Then I think about the major events, I cant help it. They need sponsors and will they be able to get it. Curling doesnt have the global appeal of tennis or soccer or hockey for large audiences

For me the future of curling on every level is looking shaky for the next little while

04-02-20 01:37PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

When our club shut down we still had 20% of our season left. With no utilities/staff/cleaning to pay, I would say they are not in any financial trouble at this time.

04-02-20 08:13PM
On The Nose is offline Click Here to See the Profile for On The Nose Find more posts by On The Nose Add On The Nose to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
On The Nose
Drawmaster

For posts and discussions about COVID-19 and how it relates to curling, please use the thread created especially for that subject.
It's frustrating to see posts in this thread which are completely and entirely irrelevant to the subject which is rather clearly indicated in the title of this thread.

This thread is meant for discussion about changes to teams. Let's keep it that way, please.

"It is easy in the world to live after the world's opinion; it is easy in solitude to live after our own... but the great man is he who, in the midst of the crowd, keeps with perfect sweetness the independence of solitude." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Last edited by On The Nose on 04-02-20 at 10:20PM

04-02-20 10:03PM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Drawmaster

Right now covid news and how life will evolve trumps every aspect of every sport in the world. And frankly all the "what if" discussions with all the unknowns makes for lots of verbal diarrhoea.

04-03-20 06:12AM
UnattachedFC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for UnattachedFC Click here to Send UnattachedFC a Private Message Find more posts by UnattachedFC Add UnattachedFC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UnattachedFC
Swing Artist

Amber Holland and Kim Schneider are back together. Karlee Kochinski will play second and Debbie Lozinksi stays at lead.

https://twitter.com/TeamHollandCurl...075792989523968

It's also mentioned that Laura Strong has found a new team.

https://twitter.com/TeamHollandCurl...075400792788992

04-03-20 06:54AM
Saskvet is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Saskvet Find more posts by Saskvet Add Saskvet to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Saskvet
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by On The Nose

^ Actually, several of the pro players do have access to courts, as they have a court at home. And they can - and will - invite other pro players over to play practice matches.
Also, some of those who don't have a court at home can afford to build one - which they may do soon.

I guess that goes for tennis too

04-03-20 10:35AM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

It's good to see kim and amber back together.bi was really surprised when they broke that team up. Hopefully they can play close to as well as they did before. If they can look out

04-03-20 04:46PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
Only real problem with Amber & Kim hooking up is obvious. They just aren't able to put together top shelf front ends like most of the other Top 5 or 6 teams in Canada.

Other problem is campaigning. They don't really roll around the country like other CTRS scroungers. That's a problem - both in training, effectiveness and team preparation.

Part of their deficit can be made up by Amber's leadership skills and her often stunning ability to complete tough shots under duress.

i dont know. mccarville has proven you dont need to tour every other week . even if amber stays in saskatchewan and manitoba, in that area the events in those provinces usually attract strong fields.

04-04-20 02:17PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

how would people feel about doing a curling draw game on here. they do it in tennis a couple times for the major events.basically you cast your vote for a team you want to win and give them a point.

we could do that here and i could alter the rules to fit the sport but would people want to play?

we could do it for the womens and mens world championships

04-07-20 11:47AM
MeaghanEdwards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MeaghanEdwards Find more posts by MeaghanEdwards Add MeaghanEdwards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MeaghanEdwards
Drawmaster

Now, back on subject, Team Dustone has parted ways with Catlin Schneider:

https://twitter.com/TeamMDunstone/s...540131969544192

I'm going to assume it's Colton Flasch as it was announced yesterday on Twitter that he found a team in Sasky.

https://twitter.com/Devin_Heroux/st...320911767838720

04-07-20 03:59PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Now, back on subject, Team Dustone has parted ways with Catlin Schneider:

https://twitter.com/TeamMDunstone/s...540131969544192

I'm going to assume it's Colton Flasch as it was announced yesterday on Twitter that he found a team in Sasky.

https://twitter.com/Devin_Heroux/st...320911767838720

if flasch isnt teaming up with dunstone i'll eat my thermos. i cant think of anyone else that makes sense and there's not a lot of free agents out there that would fit what dunstone needs.

maybe pulling someone out of retirement but..i dont know. the only other active guy that makes somewhat sense is laycock

all depends on whether or not they're looking in province.

04-07-20 08:13PM
Rock Your World is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rock Your World Click here to Send Rock Your World a Private Message Find more posts by Rock Your World Add Rock Your World to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rock Your World
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by fresca

Cant believe ben wont bolt soon - he knows morse as well as anyone - he saw the down side for 6 months 10 years ago -

Downside 10 years ago? They had just won the Olympic gold

04-07-20 08:21PM
Rock Your World is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rock Your World Click here to Send Rock Your World a Private Message Find more posts by Rock Your World Add Rock Your World to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rock Your World
Swing Artist

Colleen Jones is not realizing the reason Lisa Weagle was fired.. I think Rachel wanted someone else who could sweep harder... In that 2019 Scotties final against Carey when Rachel late in the game came up light on a couple of key draws it was Lisa who was the closest sweeper to the rocks... Having said all this I don't think firing Lisa and bringin aboard Sarah Wilkes makes the team any better

04-07-20 09:10PM
MeaghanEdwards
Drawmaster

I run Rockheads! All Things Curling on FB and someone was saying that Colton might start his own team out in Sasky, and "you will be very surprised at who it is!
It’s gonna be a good fit!" for who Dunstone has chosen, not sure the authenticity of that so I'll take it with a grain of salt, but I thought it'd be interesting to share.

Words from Dunstone:

https://twitter.com/MarTheReporter/...5181696/photo/1

04-08-20 06:41AM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
I run Rockheads! All Things Curling on FB and someone was saying that Colton might start his own team out in Sasky, and "you will be very surprised at who it is!
It’s gonna be a good fit!" for who Dunstone has chosen, not sure the authenticity of that so I'll take it with a grain of salt, but I thought it'd be interesting to share.

Words from Dunstone:

https://twitter.com/MarTheReporter/...5181696/photo/1

interesting. dunstone says this person they are bringing in has experience i big games. he doesnt say whether they are in saskatchewan or out but i think of 2 names:

1. steve laycock

2. pat simmons

im racking my brain tyring to think out of province both current and retired. i think of 2 names but i dont know how likley they are

carter rycroft
blake macdonald

colton starting hos own team again i guess isnt surprising . "surprised at who it's with". what would surprise me is if he joined the muyres brothers but that wouldnt be starting his own team

what would surprise me is if he got virtue to come back and brought in maybe the heidt and someone else

Last edited by misty1 on 04-08-20 at 06:44AM

04-08-20 10:03AM
UnattachedFC
Swing Artist

It wouldn't be someone out of province though unless Dunstone moves from BC to Saskatchewan or that the new member is willing to move there.