Stroeder Final
Delorey (7)
M: NWTCA Curling Club Championships
Fort Smith, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 3 -- Sat, Mar 23 -- 1:00pm ET
Delorey Final
Lockhart (EE)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 2 of 20 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
03-03-20 07:49AM
UnattachedFC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for UnattachedFC Click here to Send UnattachedFC a Private Message Find more posts by UnattachedFC Add UnattachedFC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UnattachedFC
Swing Artist

Binia Feltscher is retiring.

https://twitter.com/BiniaFeltscher/...792157342502914

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

03-03-20 09:41AM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

not really surprising. binia has been around for a long time and after she and irene split up in 2016 she never was able to get back to that top level that took her to 2 world titles.

2 world golds, european gold and olympic silver. fantastic resume

03-04-20 06:07AM
On The Nose is offline Click Here to See the Profile for On The Nose Find more posts by On The Nose Add On The Nose to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
On The Nose
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
Binia Feltscher - not only one of the great curling resumes on earth but

What a wonderful on-ice demeanour?

^ Yes... Feltscher is definitely a model for respect and sportsmanship, and an overall class act.

"It is easy in the world to live after the world's opinion; it is easy in solitude to live after our own... but the great man is he who, in the midst of the crowd, keeps with perfect sweetness the independence of solitude." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

03-04-20 10:53AM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

I guess Ryan Fry has to stay with Epping until after the trials now...the look on his face last night.

03-06-20 02:49AM
On The Nose is offline Click Here to See the Profile for On The Nose Find more posts by On The Nose Add On The Nose to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
On The Nose
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by curlerbroad
I guess Ryan Fry has to stay with Epping until after the trials now...the look on his face last night.

No - I think Fry will head North in his quest to represent all provinces and territories before Adam Casey does.
Fry will start in the Yukon, then go over to Nunavut before finishing up in the NWT with his drinking buddy Jamie.

"It is easy in the world to live after the world's opinion; it is easy in solitude to live after our own... but the great man is he who, in the midst of the crowd, keeps with perfect sweetness the independence of solitude." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

03-06-20 07:10AM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by On The Nose

No - I think Fry will head North in his quest to represent all provinces and territories before Adam Casey does.
Fry will start in the Yukon, then go over to Nunavut before finishing up in the NWT with his drinking buddy Jamie.

Excellent theory! But do you think he’d give up his trials spot?

03-08-20 04:05PM
MeaghanEdwards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MeaghanEdwards Find more posts by MeaghanEdwards Add MeaghanEdwards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MeaghanEdwards
Drawmaster

Toronto Sun is either hinting at something or (likely) creating unnecessary speculation with this, for an article about the Brier that was interviewing Hebert who was talking about the season they've had:

"Team Canada will have to evaluate its future."

This quote wasn't from Hebert but from the journo itself; which sounds so open to interpretation. New routine, new coach, team member shuffling, changing of team members' position?

03-08-20 04:11PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

it's probably just journalistic speculation. its hard for me to see koe or any of the top teams breaking up with trials being held next year and koe will have a spot. maybe they just mean beyond that

03-08-20 04:19PM
MeaghanEdwards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MeaghanEdwards Find more posts by MeaghanEdwards Add MeaghanEdwards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MeaghanEdwards
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by misty1
it's probably just journalistic speculation. its hard for me to see koe or any of the top teams breaking up with trials being held next year and koe will have a spot. maybe they just mean beyond that

Yes, that makes sense to me.

03-08-20 08:08PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by misty1

Why will Koe have a spot? The only spot so far is Eppings and then the winner of this Brier?

03-08-20 08:35PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by decade

Why will Koe have a spot? The only spot so far is Eppings and then the winner of this Brier?

He will likely get a spot based on ctrs points. Canada cup and brier winners get in and then the rest based on points. If there's duplicate brier or can cup winners they add more ctrs teams to make up the top 7. Then next 2 qualifiers come from the pretrial which are all based on either 1 year or 2 year total points.

I think.

Last edited by IN-OFF-FOR-2 on 03-08-20 at 09:11PM

03-08-20 09:09PM
UnattachedFC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for UnattachedFC Click here to Send UnattachedFC a Private Message Find more posts by UnattachedFC Add UnattachedFC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UnattachedFC
Swing Artist

By future, it could be by changing a single player. I just think that elite teams are too big to do something more drastic.

03-10-20 11:15PM
MeaghanEdwards
Drawmaster

Per FB, Team Vaughan has decided to go separate ways.

Team Vaughan Curling
1 hr ·
After 3 amazing years together, Team Vaughan has decided to go their separate ways for next year. 😢

What a ride it has been - from winning a berth in provincials through the AB Tour in our first year to playing in the AB provincial semi-final and in our first Sportsnet game. As we reflect on our curling careers we think about what the sport has given us: life-long friendships, a strong work ethic, adversity, patience, perseverance, commitment, and communication. Without sport...we might not have learned these important life lessons to the same degree.

We want to especially thank our coach - Jeff Davidson Release Tothebroom - for the time and commitment he put into our team. We will be forever grateful to you.

Our sponsors over the years have allowed us to play and travel with our sport. Thank you to Andy Rock Livestock, Pinchin Ltd., Highwood Distillers Ltd.,Asham, LTH Studios, Off the Hook, Standing Stones, The Knee Clinic and Curlers Corner *Your One Stop Curling Shop* Calgary Alberta Canada. We couldn’t have done it without you!!

And to our family/fans...thank you for cheering hard...we always felt so loved and supported ❤️🙌🏻

FYI: At this time, our former second Nicole Larson is looking to commit to a team for next year. If anyone is interested in curling with her please send her a message!

03-11-20 09:04AM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

Who the heck is team Vaughan?

03-11-20 11:05AM
UnattachedFC
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by decade
Who the heck is team Vaughan?

They were known before as team Marthaller. They made the Semis of Alberta last year.

03-11-20 03:58PM
nelsosi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelsosi Click here to Send nelsosi a Private Message Find more posts by nelsosi Add nelsosi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelsosi
Swing Artist

Team Silvernagle is no more: https://www.facebook.com/teamsilver...18367761766889/

03-11-20 04:08PM
UnattachedFC
Swing Artist

Silvernagle and Hunkin are staying together which is the most surprising thing. So,I assume that she's found 2 great players in Saskatchewan or willing to move there.

03-11-20 04:28PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

That's by far the biggest and most surprising announcement yet. Thought stef would stick with it to 2021 at least

03-11-20 05:43PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by UnattachedFC
Silvernagle and Hunkin are staying together which is the most surprising thing. So,I assume that she's found 2 great players in Saskatchewan or willing to move there.

I'll start the guessing game for the 2 new players. Ashley Howard and Stephanie Schmidt.

03-11-20 06:37PM
JMan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JMan Find more posts by JMan Add JMan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JMan
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by MeaghanEdwards
Toronto Sun is either hinting at something or (likely) creating unnecessary speculation with this, for an article about the Brier that was interviewing Hebert who was talking about the season they've had:

"Team Canada will have to evaluate its future."

This quote wasn't from Hebert but from the journo itself; which sounds so open to interpretation. New routine, new coach, team member shuffling, changing of team members' position?

Hmmmm I actually thought Hebert wasn't at all himself in their last game. He was oddly docile, almost seemed like there was an "airing of grievances" within the team. I can't recall him being less vocal and showing such little enthusiasm. He tried to be positive with his teammates but it seemed rather forced. The entire game, I was thinking that something was really off there.

03-11-20 06:49PM
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by IN-OFF-FOR-2

I'll start the guessing game for the 2 new players. Ashley Howard and Stephanie Schmidt.

Something off here, I though Kara was pretty good but I felt the Team wasn’t as happy together as last year. Risky thing to do in a qualifying period. Won’t the team lose 1/2 their CTRS points?

03-11-20 07:01PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

They'll lose 20% for each player that leaves plus the 20% team points for not retaining 3 original members points for those leaving, but the new players will each bring 20% of the points from the team from which they come. So yes they'll drop a bunch of spots unless they bring in top 10 team players.

03-11-20 07:22PM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

Do you think Kelly Schafer has truly lost the desire. She stepped away from the Streifel team. Is she hovering in the wings? I'd say Howard and Schafer might be a fit with Silvernagle and Hunkin. Total speculation of course.

03-11-20 07:40PM
wsj28 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wsj28 Click here to Send wsj28 a Private Message Find more posts by wsj28 Add wsj28 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wsj28
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:

I'll throw out Jennifer Armstrong, formerly of Team Crawford in NB.

03-12-20 10:17AM
UnattachedFC
Swing Artist

quote:
They'll lose 20% for each player that leaves plus the 20% team points for not retaining 3 original members points for those leaving, but the new players will each bring 20% of the points from the team from which they come. So yes they'll drop a bunch of spots unless they bring in top 10 team players.

They were far behind. I don't think it will hurt the team that much. There are only 5 teams in Canada that would be invited to the first slam next year (Rocque is 16th) Unlike the men, in women's curling, you can get away with starting a new team this late. I don't think that anybody had team Scheidegger getting in the Trials without going through Pre-Trials 4 years ago, but they did it.

I could be wrong, but the Canada Cup teams next year will be: Einarson, Fleury, Jones, Homan, Carey and Rocque. The 7th spot, if it's like in previous years will be given to the team that has the best start to the year. The team that makes it, would have a lead over other potential trials teams and would be able to even gain more where a SF at the Canada Cup would probably be enough to get a trials spot.